Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Sexual Harassment/Assault & Abuse in Hollywood -- Discussion

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Sexual Harassment/Assault & Abuse in Hollywood -- Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-17, 12:42 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,192 Likes on 918 Posts
re: Sexual Harassment/Assault & Abuse in Hollywood -- Discussion

Read October/November's blind items. I guess I have to go boil myself now. Shit is beyond treacherous and salacious.

Shit, what's annoying is that I didn't even see the Fassbender story of him banging everything that moves on The Snowman set.
Old 11-10-17, 12:44 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Oh, and as far as Rob Schneider being sexually harassed when he was a young actor by a now deceased director -- I could only think of John Hughes from his IMDB list.
Old 11-10-17, 01:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 347 Likes on 247 Posts

Damn Steven Segal has always been a dirty rat. That is why Van Damme is 10x better.
Old 11-10-17, 01:18 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,745 Likes on 1,890 Posts

For a blast from the past, here's the notorious "A-List." It hasn't been updated since 2004, but some of the entries are quite amusing.

Trump, Donald. Focus of evil in the modern world. Embodies much that is wrong with America. Short-fingered vulgarian. Linked with TWANS.

Weinstein, Harvey. Hard to work for. (That's it?)

Reagan, Nancy Davis. The eminence grise(ly) in the Reagan White House. Used astrology to determine policy decisions. Slept with Frank Sinatra in the White House itself. Personally pro-choice but kept quiet and supported anti-choice actions for her husband's career. Former "Hostess Girl"/prostitute for the studios when they needed to recruit someone; reported to give the best head in Hollywood, in her day. Was pregnant when she married Ronnie. Used pot at least once. Verbally abused her children. Linked with Milton Berle, Yul Brynner, Clark Gable, Peter Lawford, Frank Sinatra, Spencer Tracy, and Mike Wallace.

Reagan, Ronald. "I have never seen one man more pussy-whipped by his wife in my life." Absent-minded, evil-by-omission man. Betrayed his fellow Hollywood stars to red-baiters. Homophobe and racist. Rapist of Selene Walters during the 1950s. Cheated on his wife in 1968. Symbol and figurehead of almost all that was wrong with the 1980s. Linked with Doris Day, Nancy Davis Reagan, and Jane Wyman.

Romero, Cesar. FOD. Rumored to have held scat parties with Tyrone Power and Monty Wooley. Linked with Desi Arnaz and Tyrone Power.

Rooney, Mickey. Conceited. Born-again Christian. Claims to have sodomized Elizabeth Taylor. Links to Ava Gardner, Marilyn Monroe, Norma Shearer, Gene Tierney, and Lana Turner.
Also check out the entries for Spacey and Seagal, and remember this hasn't been updated in thirteen years.
Old 11-10-17, 02:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 725 Likes on 591 Posts

Just hope we don't get news that Michael Shannon, DiCaprio, and Christian Bale had a gang bang with a horse and they are blacklisted.

I hope that SNL monologue where Louis C.K. talked about child predators and how screwing a kid must feel really good since these guys can't stop once they get out of prison was not something that happened in his life.

Damn Steven Segal has always been a dirty rat.
Nobody cares about him after 1992
Old 11-10-17, 05:27 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

So is Lois CK career over?
Old 11-10-17, 05:28 AM

Received 4,585 Likes on 3,104 Posts

Originally Posted by Why So Blu?
Read October/November's blind items. I guess I have to go boil myself now. Shit is beyond treacherous and salacious.

Shit, what's annoying is that I didn't even see the Fassbender story of him banging everything that moves on The Snowman set.
Item 306 in October. You don't know to Ctrl+F search? That isn't soft shit!!
Old 11-10-17, 05:45 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,023 Likes on 813 Posts

Originally Posted by nando820
I think his is more a bump in the road.
Old 11-10-17, 06:14 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh, and as far as Rob Schneider being sexually harassed when he was a young actor by a now deceased director -- I could only think of John Hughes from his IMDB list.
Hughes didn’t direct the Home Alone movies, for what it’s worth. Chris Columbus did.

As for this Allison Mack cult stuff, it was in June’s blind items and that one in particular referred to a previous blind item from five years ago:

http://www.crazydaysandnights.net/20...loves.html?m=1

Reading about it 5 months ago is a pretty solid validation of a lot of these blind items but reading about it 5 years ago takes the cake. It really shows you how much of this shit is bubbling just under the surface in Hollywood. The Sheen/Haim stuff has been rumored for years but it seemed like it was on the verge of breaking into the mainstream at least a year ago too.

Last edited by Guru Askew; 11-10-17 at 06:28 AM.
Old 11-10-17, 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
For a blast from the past, here's the notorious "A-List." It hasn't been updated since 2004, but some of the entries are quite amusing.

Also check out the entries for Spacey and Seagal, and remember this hasn't been updated in thirteen years.
This site must be all true! --
Money, Eddie. "Hard-core alcoholic."
Old 11-10-17, 07:49 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Guru Askew
If anyone wants to read all these blind items that have been cited for years without trolling a dozen sites and the comment articles within, there’s a charmingly-dated website that is basically a blind-item aggregate that posts the common-consensus “answers“ at the bottom of each blind item:

http://www.agcwebpages.com/BLINDITEM.../NOVEMBER.html

It’s literally like a 90s Geocity-grade website but you can go back month-by-month to when it probably looked like a modern website. When I first stumbled across it like 2 or 3 years ago I kept going back further and further until I realized I was reading late-90s blind items and hours had flown by.
Damn, this shit is crazy.
Old 11-10-17, 07:52 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 445 Likes on 312 Posts

Let's be clear, it's not just because it's "Hollywood", it's because it involves the top echelons of wealth and power. You get this shit in every industry where this much money, though mostly power, is involved.
Old 11-10-17, 08:25 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by slop101
Let's be clear, it's not just because it's "Hollywood", it's because it involves the top echelons of wealth and power. You get this shit in every industry where this much money, though mostly power, is involved.
Totally agree, but most of these people are quite good-looking, which makes it extra salacious. Compare that to the equally crazy political sphere, where someone like Paul Ryan is considered attractive. Talk about a low bar.
Old 11-10-17, 08:43 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,023 Likes on 813 Posts

I guess Spacey could always run for Senate.
Old 11-10-17, 09:16 AM

I wouldn't be surprised if his allegations are true, but I totally agree with his last two paragraphs.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Old 11-10-17, 09:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 174 Likes on 122 Posts

Yeah, good luck with that in the social media age.
Old 11-10-17, 09:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,157 Likes on 903 Posts

Yeah. It does feel a bit like we’re on shakey grounds. I mean on the one hand you want to believe people who are coming forward but yet at the same time what’s to prevent people who have personal beefs with someone coming forward and making stuff up? It’s a good position to be in for said person as currently it’s a hot button issue but it can easily cause damage to some who maybe doesn’t deserve it.
Old 11-10-17, 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by nando820
For the time being: http://variety.com/2017/film/news/lo...ld-1202611914/
Old 11-10-17, 09:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 276 Likes on 208 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike86
Yeah. It does feel a bit like we’re on shakey grounds. I mean on the one hand you want to believe people who are coming forward but yet at the same time what’s to prevent people who have personal beefs with someone coming forward and making stuff up? It’s a good position to be in for said person as currently it’s a hot button issue but it can easily cause damage to some who maybe doesn’t deserve it.
I know what you mean, but for these cases, it’s multiple people with no connection to one another telling stuff that is very similar and extremely specific. The NYTimes is not taking these people only at their word, they’re asking their friends from that time, they’re taking to people involved, legal documents, communications.

Also, to Piven saying he’ll take a polygraph, those don’t mean shit.

Last edited by bluetoast; 11-10-17 at 09:51 AM.
Old 11-10-17, 10:05 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 445 Likes on 312 Posts

Yeah, there's been a ton of witness and corroboration on most of these allegations. The major ones are nothing like someone just accusing someone out of thin air.
Old 11-10-17, 10:14 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 366 Likes on 266 Posts

Originally Posted by slop101
People who rise in wealth, power, or physical perfection are driven by sex. They're there because they want to have sex with a beautiful woman. There are other reasons. But, if you were really getting down to the reasons why someone push themselves, it probably comes down to sex.

The strange thing here is why they couldn't make it consensual. I can guarantee that many beautiful women would have consensual sex with Harvey Weinstein.
Old 11-10-17, 10:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,157 Likes on 903 Posts

Well I think there’s clearly something messed up mentally with a lot of these people. It’s not just that they can have anyone that they want but they feel with their power they will have anyone that they want.
Old 11-10-17, 10:20 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Guru Askew
Hughes didn’t direct the Home Alone movies, for what it’s worth. Chris Columbus did.

As for this Allison Mack cult stuff, it was in June’s blind items and that one in particular referred to a previous blind item from five years ago:

http://www.crazydaysandnights.net/20...loves.html?m=1

Reading about it 5 months ago is a pretty solid validation of a lot of these blind items but reading about it 5 years ago takes the cake. It really shows you how much of this shit is bubbling just under the surface in Hollywood. The Sheen/Haim stuff has been rumored for years but it seemed like it was on the verge of breaking into the mainstream at least a year ago too.

Rob didn't specify -- he just said a famous director. Only one that fits that is Hughes -- Hughes wrote those Home Alone movies, though, and still had some pull in Hollywood (1992). He's also the only director out of Rob's filmography that is dead.
Old 11-10-17, 10:25 AM

Rob didn't specify -- he just said a famous director. Only one that fits that is Hughes -- Hughes wrote those Home Alone movies, though, and still had some pull in Hollywood (1992). He's also the only director out of Rob's filmography that is dead.
Though it could be suggested, he doesn't specifically say he worked for the director.
Old 11-10-17, 10:31 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 618 Likes on 455 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike86
Well I think there’s clearly something messed up mentally with a lot of these people.
Hollywood has been an appealing outlet for these types of people almost since its inception. And yet we celebrate and even collect the products they make.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.