Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Ghostbusters (2016, D: Feig)

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Ghostbusters (2016, D: Feig)

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-19, 01:19 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 78 Likes on 63 Posts
Re: Ghostbusters (2016, D: Feig)

Originally Posted by Hokeyboy
Kind of reminds me when the first promo pictures for Superman Returns came out, and the fanboys started screeching about "how gay" Brandon Routh looked in the costume... and then immediately offered up five paragraphs worth of fashion tips and tailoring advice on how to make the costume "presentable". Tim Gunn, eat your heart out.
Weren't those "fashion tips" from DVDTalkers? Specifically complaints about the small 'S' shield, the boots, and red being swapped out for maroon. But I don't remember people here saying he looked gay.
I do remember LGBT magazine The Advocate having a picture of Superman Returns on their cover, with the caption, "How gay is Superman?"

Old 02-21-19, 06:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 745 Likes on 452 Posts

Just anecdotal observation from around the Interwebz... and how methinks they dost protest too much, both then and now.
Old 02-21-19, 06:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 375 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by Bluelitespecial
So I am finally giving in and I'm watching the movie, I rented it from my local library therefore Sony won't get any money from me to watch it. All I can say as I am about half way through it, it's just not funny. Leslie Jones is the only woman who I could believe as a Ghostbusters because she is 6' tall and built like a guy. All of the other woman are too short and in the case of Melissa McCarthy too fat to ever do such a job. I'll post more later.
Belated Bad news: I talked to a librarian over the weekend and some of the money from the rentals does go to studios. So you put a small amount of cash into the Ghostbusters’ coffers.

Welcome to the team!
Old 02-21-19, 07:51 AM

Received 4,842 Likes on 3,274 Posts

I am closing this thread for now. There is no purpose to dredge all this up again.