Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Transformers: The Last Knight (2017, Bay) - News, rumors, etc.

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Transformers: The Last Knight (2017, Bay) - News, rumors, etc.

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-17, 01:30 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,303 Likes on 947 Posts
Re: Transformers: The Last Knight (2017, Bay) - News, rumors, etc.

Originally Posted by OldBoy
i'm not sure this even warrants a review thread...
Beauty and the Beast never got one. And it's #10 all time ww.
Old 06-20-17, 01:30 PM

Received 4,585 Likes on 3,104 Posts

Shit... I was going to go tomorrow night. Maybe I shouldn't bother. AoE was painful to get through in the the theatre.
Old 06-20-17, 01:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,157 Likes on 903 Posts

I might see it because I've seen the others but if I do it will only be if my friends really want to go and I have nothing else going on. Truthfully I only really liked the first film. The second is garbage and the third and fourth are just pretty forgettable.
Old 06-20-17, 01:33 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 923 Likes on 776 Posts

Originally Posted by TomOpus
Beauty and the Beast never got one. And it's #10 all time ww.
guess i dropped the ball on that one. please forgive...
Old 06-20-17, 01:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,303 Likes on 947 Posts

Originally Posted by OldBoy
guess i dropped the ball on that one. please forgive...
It did overperform.
Old 06-20-17, 01:43 PM

Received 4,585 Likes on 3,104 Posts

Transformers: The Last Knight is an incomprehensible pile of scrap. Luckily, there’s an upside — you’ll forget every single stupid frame of this thing the moment you walk out of the theatre.

Full disclosure: We have no idea what the movie is about.
Old 06-25-17, 09:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 452 Likes on 310 Posts

Hey all, I've got some tickets from T-Mobile Tuesdays. You can use these codes to get a ticket for Transformers for just $4 total. That includes even premium showings like 3D or IMAX.

You have to use the Atom app on your phone to buy the tickets. The codes have to be used before the end of Monday night. I think the showtime also has to be before Monday night (and not further in the future), but I'm not sure about that.

It's limit 1 code per transaction, but you can just do multiple transactions if you have multiple people in your party.

MH4HDLTQW
MH5TN3RT7
MH6Z44JW6
DM4XDV9LT
9K9GTDVL6
6D3DKHG35
Old 06-26-17, 10:29 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 366 Likes on 266 Posts

Dex's quoted review is at http://www.torontosun.com/2017/06/20...plete-disaster

"Incomprehensible?" Shut up. It all made sense. It's thin and superfluous - like a Saturday morning cartoon. Really ... you don't know what the movie is about? Your amateur snark isn't incomprehensible. But it's illogical. When you have fun ripping a movie to shreds (which is perfectly okay), you're supposed to have a logical grasp on what you're ripping into. I sense they were too busy thinking up how to rip on the movie, and didn't actually pay attention.
Old 06-28-17, 10:56 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mdc3000
Honest question here - what was the significance of THE LAST KNIGHT? He has the medallion that allows him to ????? and he's important because ????? I thought there was some reason at first but then it just seemed liked the woman was the only 'special' one needed to stop the threat by controlling the giant 3 headed dragon with the staff. So help me out here....honestly, I just want to know what I didn't pick up on
If it all made sense for you, can you answer my above questions from the other thread - clarify it for me. Thanks. (full disclosure, I did step out to take a piss at one point, so maybe they did explain something I just missed)
Old 03-31-22, 10:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

Michael Bay: Spielberg Told Me to Stop Making ‘Transformers’ Movies and ‘I Should’ve Stopped’
https://variety.com/2022/film/news/m...es-1235219815/

Michael Bay’s career is defined in part by his blockbuster “Transformers” movies, but the filmmaker recently admitted to Unilad UK (via IndieWire) that he should’ve stopped making them at a certain point. Bay directed 2007’s “Transformers,” which grossed $709 million worldwide, and then returned for four sequels. Two follow-up films, “Transformers: Dark of the Moon” and “Transformers: Age of Extinction,” grossed over $1 billion worldwide. According to Bay, even franchise executive producer Steven Spielberg told him to stop after the third movie.

“I made too many of them,” Bay said. “Steven Spielberg said, ‘Just stop at three’. And I said I’d stop. The studio begged me to do a fourth, and then that made a billion too. And then I said I’m gonna stop here. And they begged me again. I should have stopped. [But] they were fun to do.”

Bay’s final “Transformers” outing, the Mark Wahlberg-starring 2017 entry “Transformers: The Last Knight,” bombed with film critics and grossed a franchise low $605 million worldwide.

Bay told Unilad UK that he still remembers just how “scary” it was taking on the original “Transformers” movie.

“It was technology we didn’t know would work, and then it became very successful,” Bay said. “It was the first time digital effects were that highly reflective, so it broke a lot of new ground. It was a fun experience. It made more than [$709 million], that’s a lot of movie tickets and a lot of people that have seen it.”

Bay stepped away from directorial duties on the “Transformers” franchise starting with the 2018 spinoff movie “Bumblebee,” which was directed by “Kubo and the Two Strings” animation director Travis Knight in his live-action debut. The “Transformers” franchise is returning in 2023 with “Transformers: Rise of the Beast.” Set in the year 1994, the upcoming tentpole is directed by “Creed II” helmer Stephen Cable Jr. and stars Anthony Ramos, Dominique Fishback and Luna Lauren Vélez.

As for Bay, he’s back in theaters on April 8 with action-thriller “Ambulance.”
Old 04-01-22, 09:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning.
Received 1,077 Likes on 676 Posts

He speaks truth!
Old 04-01-22, 10:06 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 398 Likes on 321 Posts

Spielberg should have told him to make good Transformers movies.
The following users liked this post:
Obi-Wanma (04-01-22)