Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

The General Marvel Cinematic Universe Film discussion thread - News, rumors, etc.

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

The General Marvel Cinematic Universe Film discussion thread - News, rumors, etc.

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-16, 03:38 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 812 Likes on 686 Posts
re: The General Marvel Cinematic Universe Film discussion thread - News, rumors, etc.

The superhero movie no one asked for or wanted. I'd rather see a Mary Jane Parker movie than one about Silver Sable.
Old 06-25-16, 04:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
re: The General Marvel Cinematic Universe Film discussion thread - News, rumors, etc.

If recent rumors are to be believed, then 20th Century Fox might be considering teaming up with Marvel for some kind of crossover film, likely between the X-Men and The Avengers. The news comes from the latest episode of Collider Heroes, where Matt Key said the following:

“I’ve heard from a few of my sources, my little birds that Fox and Marvel have… kind of talked, but not really, but like there’s interest from Fox, like, ‘Ooh, y’know, what they did with Sony and Spider-Man is actually pretty cool, like, maybe…’ We’re years away from that ever possibly happening… but I think that’s what it would take… Fox joining hands with Marvel…”

That’s far from a definitive statement, but if the two studios have entered talks, it would definitely make sense. After the flop that was Fantastic Four and the wholly mediocre X-Men: Apocalypse, it’s easy to see Fox wanting some assistance from Marvel, especially after they saw how well the whole deal with Sony for Spider-Man worked out.

Of course, it’s not only the X-Men who could be involved in some kind of crossover movie. Some of the Fantastic Four characters could appear in a Marvel film as well if these talks end up materializing into something real. For now though, we’ll just have to wait and see how it all plays out. Even if something did end up happening, it’d be a very long time before it hit the big screen, as you’ve got to believe that sorting out a deal like this would be a legal nightmare.

Regardless, the fact that Marvel and 20th Century Fox are reportedly talking is very exciting indeed, and for now, we remain hopeful that something will eventually come to fruition.
Old 06-25-16, 05:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,156 Likes on 902 Posts

It'd be cool but I'm taking that with a big grain of salt. Fox seems pretty stubborn and I could see a deal between the two being hard to work out. I'm surprised as is that they came to terms with Sony. The idea of an Avengers/X-Men crossover film and seeing Wolvie versus Hulk are fun to think about though.
Old 06-25-16, 05:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Mike86
It'd be cool but I'm taking that with a big grain of salt. Fox seems pretty stubborn and I could see a deal between the two being hard to work out. I'm surprised as is that they came to terms with Sony. The idea of an Avengers/X-Men crossover film and seeing Wolvie versus Hulk are fun to think about though.
With changing of the guards at both Fox and Marvel the last few years this has a much better chance of happening. Here is an older article talking about it.

Feige gets along very well with Fox.
Old 06-25-16, 11:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

“I’ve heard from a few of my sources, my little birds that Fox and Marvel have… kind of talked, but not really, but like there’s interest from Fox, like, ‘Ooh, y’know, what they did with Sony and Spider-Man is actually pretty cool, like, maybe…’ We’re years away from that ever possibly happening… but I think that’s what it would take… Fox joining hands with Marvel…”
Well this sure sounds reputable.
Old 06-26-16, 12:40 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well... pick your poison. Only so few X characters are worth a damn really. All the supporting cast, Young or Old, of the team pretty much are just there for reactions if it's not Logan on the team, only 3 characters really matter in the X films.

I would love to see Logan fight Banner though. Fuck. I love that Hulk vs. Wolverine animation they did. Great fight scenes in that one.
Old 06-26-16, 01:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

It would all be about an X-Men Vs Avengers movie but Avengers movies already do so well for Disney, I don't see what they get from it. You simply can't make much more than Avengers' sequels already make.

I suspect this idea is on the backburner at Marvel until their box office starts waning.
Old 06-26-16, 05:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I would think Marvel would be chomping at the bit to be able to use characters like Wolverine and Magneto alone. The rest of the X-Men would just be extra gravy. They might not be able to draw bigger numbers than they already do but I don't think it would hurt anything either.
Old 06-26-16, 05:52 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Yeah, I'd figure like Spider-Man and Sony that Marvel would love to be able to use Wolverine.
Old 06-27-16, 01:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I doubt Fox would just give them Wolverine to use like Sony did with Spider-Man. Maybe the two studios would settle on one pair of actors for Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch.

It would be much more of a co-production for an X-Men Vs Avengers movie than anything we've seen before. I still don't think it happens for many years.
Old 06-27-16, 01:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 743 Likes on 368 Posts

Quicksilver is dead in the MCU and as of yet there is no Scarlet Witch in the X-Verse.
Old 06-28-16, 09:52 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

With Hugh Jackman retiring as Wolverine, using the character could be riskier than you think. They would have to really nail a recast.
Old 06-28-16, 10:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 743 Likes on 368 Posts

I dunno, bringing him into the MCU seems to me like the kind of thing that might convince Jackman to don the claws again.

They might recast regardless (that does seem to be the MCU way), but I think that Hugh would at least listen to the pitch if they wanted him.
Old 06-28-16, 11:15 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just wanna see Fassbender vs the Avengers.
Old 06-28-16, 11:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts

I guess Fox finished counting the box office receipts from Apocalypse
Old 06-28-16, 11:28 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Jabroni
I dunno, bringing him into the MCU seems to me like the kind of thing that might convince Jackman to don the claws again.

They might recast regardless (that does seem to be the MCU way), but I think that Hugh would at least listen to the pitch if they wanted him.
He's brought it up before that he'd love it. But he also just loves the character a shit ton to the point where he is blinded to the point of bliss and ignorance. His enthusiasm is amazing though.

i do think this would bring him back w/ ease though.

Originally Posted by Tom Creo
I just wanna see Fassbender vs the Avengers.
Old 06-28-16, 12:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

At some point, though, these movie are going to be just so cost-prohibitive to make. The budget on an X-Men v. Avengers movie would be so astronomical, it would be impossible to make a profit.
Old 06-28-16, 02:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Double_Oh_7
At some point, though, these movie are going to be just so cost-prohibitive to make. The budget on an X-Men v. Avengers movie would be so astronomical, it would be impossible to make a profit.
Imagine Fantastic Four vs X-Men vs Avengers.

The movies will never be able to capture the true spirit of the Infinity Gems storyline. There were literally dozens of characters in one panel.
Old 06-28-16, 05:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Double_Oh_7
Not necessarily. If they throw every character into the mix it would be harder and more expensive but say they just have it be a certain team of Avengers and a certain team of X-Men and not necessarily everyone it could work. It might not be as epic but it would still be cool to see. You could do teams the size of Team Cap and Team Iron Man or so and still have a pretty cool film in my opinion.

Last edited by Mike86; 06-28-16 at 06:07 PM.
Old 06-28-16, 08:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 241 Likes on 152 Posts

All I want from Fox for the MCU is the Fantastic Four, and Phase 4 starting a long storyline developing a proper Doctor Doom.

So much they can explore here. Thing vs. Hulk, laying the groundwork for Galactus. Skrulls. Possibilities are endless.
Old 06-29-16, 09:40 AM
Banned

The Skrulls belong to Marvel. Super Skrull doesn't though. The FF property holds so fucking much in terms of characters. An MCU Doom would be awesome. Shit... all the great FF villains would rock it in the MCU.

And Phase 4 would rock even harder if it was the FF's entry into the MCU.
Old 07-24-16, 09:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Old 07-24-16, 10:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

WAAAAYYYY too long. Would not want to sit through that in a theater. Cut it down to 10 seconds.
Old 07-25-16, 03:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 347 Likes on 247 Posts

Holy fuck that logo is like an hour long. Looks ok but not necessary.
Old 07-25-16, 05:41 AM
kd5
DVD Talk Legend

Received 373 Likes on 253 Posts

They could update the comic book pages as they see fit but adding all that other stuff is totally unnecessary and way too time consuming. May end up having to FF through that (if available).

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.