Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

G.I. Joe 3 (D: D.J. Caruso)

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

G.I. Joe 3 (D: D.J. Caruso)

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-15, 08:43 AM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts
re: G.I. Joe 3 (D: D.J. Caruso)

Originally Posted by HN
obviously Armie Hammer should play the crimson twins
I can't tell if you're joking or not... but that's not a bad idea. It's better than making the part a female role and asking Lindsay Lohan to star.
Old 02-07-15, 12:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr. DVD
I wouldn't say infinitely, but it was better. Considering they're both based on a comic book/TV series designed to sell toys , I didn't expect either to be much more than they were.
Perhaps infinitely was overstating it, but any credibility that first movie had went out the window the second Marlon Wayans started flying around the world yelling things in Scots Gaelic. I still have that scene stuck in my head and I haven't seen the movie since opening weekend in theaters.
Old 02-07-15, 02:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
It made as much sense as anything else happening in the movie at that point.
Old 02-07-15, 05:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 628 Likes on 483 Posts

The first movie was silly fun and the only major screwup was the reveal of Cobra Commander.

By contrast, the only things the second did right were the 10 minutes of footage with Channing Tatum and the Rock, the mountainside fight (although the duel between SE and SS was a letdown) and the look of Cobra Commander. Everything else was shit.
Old 02-07-15, 11:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by RocShemp
And why add Matt Trakker? I love M.A.S.K. but this makes about as much sense as how they originally wanted Action Man to be the lead of the first G.I. Joe movie.
He's technically in the Joes:

Old 02-07-15, 11:40 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Interesting. When did that happen?
Old 02-07-15, 11:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

^He was issued as part of the Real American Hero line in 2008. I'm assuming Hasbro just figured he meshed with the line and figured what the hell since they had the rights to him after acquiring Kenner.

As far as I know he's not in any official G.I. Joe continuity to any capacity so if he's in Joe 3 then they can make up whatever the hell they want.
Old 02-08-15, 01:03 AM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

i hope they go back to the wild physics and FX of the first movie
Old 02-08-15, 06:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts

Cobra had better scope and wild action, Retaliation had a better story. 3 needs both.
Old 02-08-15, 07:21 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by My Other Self
^He was issued as part of the Real American Hero line in 2008. I'm assuming Hasbro just figured he meshed with the line and figured what the hell since they had the rights to him after acquiring Kenner.

As far as I know he's not in any official G.I. Joe continuity to any capacity so if he's in Joe 3 then they can make up whatever the hell they want.
Wasn't there a GI Joe/Transformers cross over too? This movie could be very interesting!
Old 02-08-15, 08:02 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by DVD Josh
Wasn't there a GI Joe/Transformers cross over too? This movie could be very interesting!
Yeah. The Joes destroyed Bumblebee cos they thought he was bad. That was during the Marvel Comics run.

I think IDW also did a crossover that took place during WWII.
Old 02-08-15, 12:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I think IDW also did a crossover that took place during WWII.
I've yet to read it, but IDW has an ongoing crossover series that's drawn in the vein of Silver Age comics. I don't think they actually take place during WWII.
Old 02-08-15, 05:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by My Other Self
I've yet to read it, but IDW has an ongoing crossover series that's drawn in the vein of Silver Age comics. I don't think they actually take place during WWII.
Yeah, I misremembered. The WWII crossover was by Dreamwave.

Old 02-08-15, 05:49 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by stingermck
Cobra had better scope and wild action, Retaliation had a better story. 3 needs both.
Agreed. I think most people here preferred the second movie if I recall correctly, but for me it wasn't nearly as fun as the first. As much as the first movie didn't quite feel like a GI Joe movie, it was incredibly entertaining whereas the with Retaliation it seemed like everyone gave it the benefit of the doubt just because Cobra Commander actually looked right (and yet didn't do shit the entire movie). I remember a lot of excuses about how Chu did what he could to retcon the first, but i'm glad they moved on from him as it seemed like other then the look and design, he had no idea what to do with the characters either.
Old 02-08-15, 07:41 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Yeah, most everyone here loved the sequel. I was (and still am) in the minority that feels the sequel was piss poor. You know your movie is in trouble when the only two actors to have any onscreen chemistry together are split up 15 minutes into the movie (by offing one of them in a lameass way, no less).

On a side note, it's astonishing how bland Adrianne Palicki was in G.I. Joe: Retaliation after seeing how badass and energetic she was in John Wick.
Old 04-01-15, 03:43 PM

Received 4,585 Likes on 3,104 Posts

Aaron Berg, the writer behind Section 6, the hot spec that detailed the origins of British intelligence agency MI6, is now tackling a different mission.

The scribe has been tapped to pen a new script for G.I. Joe 3, and will work with director D.J. Caruso to revamp the action franchise based on the Hasbro toyline.

The first two installments have proven to be box office hits — Rise of Cobra grossed $302 million while 2013’s Retaliation shot up $375 million – although fans have not exactly been crying “Go, Joe!” for sequels.

Paramount hopes to change that with Caruso and Berg.

Lorenzo di Bonaventura is producing.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...section-785578
Old 04-01-15, 03:57 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Re: G.I. Joe 3 (D: D.J. Caruso)

I know what the writer intended but it comes across as if he's saying that D.J. Caruso and the writers were hired so the third movie would bomb, unlike the previous two.

Speaking of D.J. Caruso, it is a shame that he has never made another movie as good as The Salton Sea.
Old 04-01-15, 04:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, most everyone here loved the sequel. I was (and still am) in the minority that feels the sequel was piss poor. You know your movie is in trouble when the only two actors to have any onscreen chemistry together are split up 15 minutes into the movie (by offing one of them in a lameass way, no less).

On a side note, it's astonishing how bland Adrianne Palicki was in G.I. Joe: Retaliation after seeing how badass and energetic she was in John Wick.
I recently tried to watch the second one and I couldn't even finish it. I bailed halfway through. The first one was a dumb popcorn movie but at least it was watchable.
Old 04-01-15, 04:36 PM

I know what the writer intended but it comes across as if he's saying that D.J. Caruso and the writers were hired so the third movie would bomb, unlike the previous two.

Speaking of D.J. Caruso, it is a shame that he has never made another movie as good as The Salton Sea.
The Salton Sea was so damn good.
Old 04-01-15, 05:03 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'll add that one to the list of movies to see. Never even heard of it. Any other type of good word on that one?
Old 04-01-15, 05:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by dex14
The Salton Sea was so damn good.
Yes it was. I remember I only rented it because I liked the cover art. What a pleasant surprise that was. So glad I never watched the trailer, however. I watched the trailer after the movie and was shocked that it spoils practically everything.
Old 04-01-15, 05:25 PM

Yes it was. I remember I only rented it because I liked the cover art. What a pleasant surprise that was. So glad I never watched the trailer, however. I watched the trailer after the movie and was shocked that it spoils practically everything.
Had the same experience. Stumbled upon it on cable one day years ago. Knew nothing about it, and that is how it is best viewed.
Old 04-01-15, 05:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,192 Likes on 918 Posts

The Salton Sea rocked! Very noir-ish but took 2 years to release after they finished filming. They filmed some of it at my work and I have a funny and ironic story about Val Kilmer, because he was here.
Old 04-01-15, 05:39 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Do tell, sir.
Old 09-12-16, 07:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts

Update: Nothing.

Finding time on The Rock's schedule is slowing down G.I. Joe 3, it seems

According to one of the stars of the movie – Byung-hun Lee - whilst G.I. Joe 3 is still an active project, there’s a problem.

Chatting to LRM Online, he said that “I heard from the studio that there’s a possibility to do the third one, but I think they’re waiting for the actors’ schedules. They’re arranging the schedules for the actors, especially Dwayne Johnson.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.