Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

The Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015, Whedon)

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

The Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015, Whedon)

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-15, 09:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: The Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015, Whedon)

Originally Posted by Dr. DVD
Anyone else think that this one might end with
Spoiler:
Ultron defeated but the team at great odds with one another? I think it is a given that Cap and Iron Man will have a bit of a falling out to set up Civil War.
There was footage shown at the Marvel Phase 3 announcement, so you could already see where this might head.
Old 01-20-15, 07:55 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

New toys reveal a potential spoiler. Toys are sometimes different than the movie, but this could be a potential spoiler.

Spoiler:
The toy below shows "Savage Hulk" which could fit the theory than Banner isn't in control anymore. It's also interesting that the "Savage Hulk" toy appears grey. Wasn't the grey Hulk in the comics actually the Joe Fixit persona who had less strength but retained Banner's intelligence?

Old 01-20-15, 08:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Since it is a store exclusive, I'd think the green hulk will be everywhere. Grey hulk is just a cheap way to make a variant and let a store have it.
Old 01-21-15, 01:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by taffer
New toys reveal a potential spoiler. Toys are sometimes different than the movie, but this could be a potential spoiler.

Spoiler:
The toy below shows "Savage Hulk" which could fit the theory than Banner isn't in control anymore. It's also interesting that the "Savage Hulk" toy appears grey. Wasn't the grey Hulk in the comics actually the Joe Fixit persona who had less strength but retained Banner's intelligence?

Interesting..that ties in with some of the details surrounding the new lego sets
Old 01-22-15, 11:31 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr. DVD
Anyone else think that this one might end with
Spoiler:
Ultron defeated but the team at great odds with one another? I think it is a given that Cap and Iron Man will have a bit of a falling out to set up Civil War.
Remember seeing the clip of Cap and Iron Man chopping wood and they certainly seem to be starting to be at odds with one another. The clip played out really well and Cap ended up showing how much of a badass he can be.
Old 01-22-15, 12:21 PM
Banned

Cap and IM chopping wood? They become lumberjacks? What?
Old 01-22-15, 12:25 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Yes. That's what happens. Lumberjacks.

Or more likely he's talking about this scene from a few months ago.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/mpG2BvOH0Q4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 01-22-15, 12:34 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by fumanstan
Yes. That's what happens. Lumberjacks.
Dexter TV spoilers

Spoiler:
After the series finale to Dexter, anything is possible...
Old 01-22-15, 07:53 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

I love those scenes with cap - you're kind of getting used to him being a regular looking dude (albeit in great shape), and then bam, he rips apart some wood or kicks some dude across a room.
Old 01-22-15, 08:21 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 108 Likes on 75 Posts

Anyone here in the theater biz heard about a possible marathon leading to a midnight release? Wonder what would be included, Avengers, IM3, & Winter Soldier?
Old 01-22-15, 10:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 445 Likes on 312 Posts

Originally Posted by Wolf359
Anyone here in the theater biz heard about a possible marathon leading to a midnight release? Wonder what would be included, Avengers, IM3, & Winter Soldier?
These movies don't lend themselves to marathon viewing like some trilogies and other franchises do. And thank God for that.
Old 01-22-15, 10:27 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Pretty sure they did something similar before Avengers. I think Hulk, Cap, and Iron Man.
Old 01-22-15, 10:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 628 Likes on 483 Posts

It was always Cap's dream to be a lumberjack.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/sZa26_esLBE?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 01-22-15, 10:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 115 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by Wolf359
Pretty sure they did something similar before Avengers. I think Hulk, Cap, and Iron Man.
Yup. Certain theaters did it. They all began with a Coulson introduction.
Old 01-23-15, 03:23 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by slop101
These movies don't lend themselves to marathon viewing like some trilogies and other franchises do. And thank God for that.
I have marathoned the MCU twice now, and I plan to do so a third time before watching Ultron. I plan to watch all of phase 1 on a Saturday and all of phase 2 on Sunday.
Old 01-23-15, 08:31 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That's a shit ton of sitting down.
Old 01-23-15, 08:35 AM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts

I'm doing the abbreviated marathon - watching Avengers first, then Ultron.
Old 01-23-15, 09:37 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by trespoochies
I'm doing the abbreviated marathon - watching Avengers first, then Ultron.
Watching two movies in a row is now considered a "marathon"? That's barely a 5k.
Old 01-23-15, 09:50 AM
Banned

Funny. I was thinking about how fast I run during the races I do cuz you mentioned 5k.

A 5k is like 25 mins max for me. A marathon is 26 miles, which puts me at around like 3 hours and about 35 mins at the most from the ones I've done.

so using the terms used...Avengers 1 and 2 would be more of than a marathon using what one would guess 2 has as its time limit. This is all depending on your own speed and endurance. I mean... I guess one could fat fuck it out to however many hours the MCU is during a marathon. How long do they keep those things still going? I usually just leave about an hour afterwards to get shit done.
Old 01-23-15, 09:57 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I had a 3-day weekend a few months back and attempted a 23-film Bond marathon.

Watched Dr. No and realized it would have been a miserable experience. A trilogy is pretty much my limit for an enjoyable marathon. If you're miserable by the time you're finished then what's the point?

I know I'd enjoy Avengers: Age of Ultron a lot more having not sat through 10 previous movies. The MCU is definitely in the Bond realm where its just too much to expect anyone to watch all at once.

That said, showing the first Avengers movie before would be reasonable.
Old 01-23-15, 10:02 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I've never gotten the point of that. Even as a communal experience with fellow fans in the cinema, it's way too long. I prefer to do it at home at my leisure when I can pause and get up to go to the bathroom, ear, and whatnot. God did not design my ass to sit for that long.
Old 01-23-15, 10:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 186 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by hanshotfirst1138
God did not design my ass to sit for that long.
Naw, he had something else in mind.

Old 01-23-15, 10:10 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Solid Snake
Funny. I was thinking about how fast I run during the races I do cuz you mentioned 5k.

A 5k is like 25 mins max for me. A marathon is 26 miles, which puts me at around like 3 hours and about 35 mins at the most from the ones I've done.

so using the terms used...Avengers 1 and 2 would be more of than a marathon using what one would guess 2 has as its time limit. This is all depending on your own speed and endurance. I mean... I guess one could fat fuck it out to however many hours the MCU is during a marathon. How long do they keep those things still going? I usually just leave about an hour afterwards to get shit done.
Jesus Christ, and people excuse me of being too literal...

It has nothing to do with speed or time or whatever the heck you just said. Watching several movies back-to-back-to-back is an endurance test, just like a marathon. There is nothing particularly challenging your endurance in watching only two movies back-to-back so that's why I compared it to a 5k.

Originally Posted by Guru Askew
I had a 3-day weekend a few months back and attempted a 23-film Bond marathon.

Watched Dr. No and realized it would have been a miserable experience. A trilogy is pretty much my limit for an enjoyable marathon. If you're miserable by the time you're finished then what's the point?

I know I'd enjoy Avengers: Age of Ultron a lot more having not sat through 10 previous movies. The MCU is definitely in the Bond realm where its just too much to expect anyone to watch all at once.

That said, showing the first Avengers movie before would be reasonable.
To each their own, but I don't find long movie marathons like that to be miserable at all. I do long movie marathons frequently. I even marathon the six Star Wars movies and enjoy it, and soon I will have nine Star Wars movies to marathon. My favorite marathon though is watching all the Rocky movies. The Rocky franchise is my favorite movie franchise. I marathon Rocky once a year.

Originally Posted by hanshotfirst1138
I've never gotten the point of that. Even as a communal experience with fellow fans in the cinema, it's way too long. I prefer to do it at home at my leisure when I can pause and get up to go to the bathroom, ear, and whatnot. God did not design my ass to sit for that long.
Yeah, I have said before I never go to theaters, so all my marathons are at home. For one thing, sitting on a comfy couch lends to much better marathon watching than sitting in theater seats.
Old 01-23-15, 10:14 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'd definitely like to see at least the Avengers, more would be fun.

I have requested that Thursday off, just in case.
Old 01-23-15, 10:15 AM
Banned

Jesus Christ, and people excuse me of being too literal...

It has nothing to do with speed or time or whatever the heck you just said. Watching several movies back-to-back-to-back is an endurance test, just like a marathon. There is nothing particularly challenging your endurance in watching only two movies back-to-back so that's why I compared it to a 5k.

To each their own, but I don't find long movie marathons like that to be miserable at all. I do long movie marathons frequently. I even marathon the six Star Wars movies and enjoy it, and soon I will have nine Star Wars movies to marathon.

Yeah, I have said before I never go to theaters, so all my marathons are at home. For one thing, sitting on a comfy couch lends to much better marathon watching than sitting in theater seats.
awwwwwww. You're so fucking cute when you don't get it. Awwwwwwww. You overthought it, man. That's all it was. I merely put it into a context for the fuck of it.

Sitting down like a fat fuck may be awesome for you to do a lot but.. fuck that. I do it every once in a while but I ain't fucking sitting down for a thing like a movie marathon to the point where it is... frequent.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.