Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Terminator: GENISYS (2015, D: Taylor) S: Emilia Clarke, Jason Clarke, Jai Courtney

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Terminator: GENISYS (2015, D: Taylor) S: Emilia Clarke, Jason Clarke, Jai Courtney

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-13, 01:12 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts
Re: Terminator 5

http://www.deadline.com/2013/06/mega...g-arnold-back/

The Ellison siblings will each pay 33% of the movie's budget. Paramount will finance the last 33%

Arnold claims they will be ready to film in January.

Still no director yet.

BTW, if you aren't aware, the rights to the franchise go back to James Cameron in 2019.

Last edited by DJariya; 06-14-13 at 01:21 PM.
Old 06-14-13, 01:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 622 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
BTW, if you aren't aware, the rights to the franchise got back to James Cameron in 2019.
This already happened?! I though we were still in 2013!
Old 06-14-13, 02:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,154 Likes on 901 Posts

Originally Posted by TallGuyMe
I want to see The Rock as the new Terminator. Not Arnie.
I've sort of had The Rock in the back of my mind for a part in a new Terminator film too to be honest. He's a really fun action star and I think he'd do well. I still want Arnold in it though. I think they could pull off a more aged T-800 as a plausible reason for why he's still around. I believe the living tissue can age so they could explore that. At the same time though I would be sort of interested in seeing a Terminator Salvation sequel to see where that story would end up going next.
Old 06-20-13, 08:06 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

Holy shit!

Dwayne Johnson to star in terminator 5! Prequel about Sarah Connor's parents

Actor Dwayne Johnson is reportedly being sought to star alongside Arnold Schwarzenegger in terminator 5. No character details were given, but an insider claims that there is a version of the script that is specifically crafted for dwayne johnson to play the Terminator.

While nothing is set in stone yet, there are other intriguing details that have surfaced about the story. Insiders claim that Arnold Schwarzenegger is actually playing a human, who protects the parents of Sarah Connor in the 1940s and 1950s. There is a theory that this man's ability to safeguard sarah's parents with outdated equipment, lead to the machines building a terminator in his likeness, which was sent back to the year 1984 to kill Sarah Connor in the Terminator.

However, this unconfirmed information contradicts what Arnold Schwarzenegger himself said last week, when he revealed that he is playing the Terminator once again. Still, the notion of Dwayne Johnson and Arnold Schwarzenegger battling on the big screen would likely give a big jolt to this sequel's box office prospects. Arnold Schwarzenegger also revealed last week that Terminator 5 will start production in early 2014.

Patrick lussier and laeta kalogridis are writing the screenplay, although no director has been attached yet.
Old 06-20-13, 08:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,725 Likes on 1,881 Posts

Is it just me or does that sound fucking retarded?
Old 06-20-13, 08:31 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

I think it sounds pretty fucking cool, tbh. I'd like it more if Arnie wasn't shoehorned in...
Old 06-20-13, 08:50 PM
DVD Talk God

I would love to see Johnson in it, but that's nuts if he takes that job. He's filming Hercules right now, will probably participate in The Hero season finale in some form, then will probably fly off to whatever location they are filming Fast and Furious 7. And then jump into Terminator 5? I don't know, I don't see that happening. Plus he has WWE commitments as well.
Old 06-20-13, 08:52 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,192 Likes on 2,060 Posts

I'll reserve judgement but I'd prefer to get a sequel to part 4 and keep the story going. However, I would be ok if they divided the film in half with it taking place in the future but having lengthy flashbacks to the 40s and 50s with parallel story lines that connect in the end.

Godfather II that sumbitch!
Old 06-20-13, 09:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 216 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
Is it just me or does that sound fucking retarded?
Not you... I'd love to get The Rock in there somehow, but not in that story. And Arnie better be a Terminator - no matter how ridiculous it is.
Old 06-20-13, 09:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm starting to get sick of Dwayne Johnson. He's everywhere.
Old 06-22-13, 01:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I like Dwayne Johnson a lot and like I mentioned earlier in the thread I think he'd be a good fit for the series. Not sure I'm too keen on the idea for the story of this one if that's what they're going with. Guess we'll have to see how it plays out but it sounds sort of iffy. I'd prefer a sequel to Terminator Salvation personally.
Old 06-22-13, 02:17 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 165 Likes on 118 Posts

Terminator Salvation was so awful I'm more than happy for them to go in an entirely different direction this time.
Old 06-22-13, 02:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 347 Likes on 247 Posts

A terminator that is in the 1940's-1950. That is brilliant! Old fashioned cars being blasted, and all that stuff.
Old 06-22-13, 02:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Sierra Disc
Terminator Salvation was so awful I'm more than happy for them to go in an entirely different direction this time.
It's a better movie than it's given credit for being if you ask me. I watched it not too long ago for the first time in a while and was actually surprised by how much I liked it. It's not on the same level as The Terminator or Terminator 2, but it's certainly way better than Terminator 3. I think it seems like Terminator Salvation was meant to be the starting point of a new set of movies that probably aren't going to happen. It just seems like there's way more they could do with the idea of the future war against the machines.
Old 06-22-13, 11:28 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike86
It's a better movie than it's given credit for being if you ask me. I watched it not too long ago for the first time in a while and was actually surprised by how much I liked it. It's not on the same level as The Terminator or Terminator 2, but it's certainly way better than Terminator 3. I think it seems like Terminator Salvation was meant to be the starting point of a new set of movies that probably aren't going to happen. It just seems like there's way more they could do with the idea of the future war against the machines.
Yeah, the third is still the weakest of the bunch. I really love "Salvation", and hope more movies in the series take that approach. The "time travel terror" formula's been done to death.
Old 06-22-13, 11:37 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's not on the same level as The Terminator or Terminator 2, but it's certainly way better than Terminator 3.
Nah, it's just as shitty as 3. 1 & 2 are the only films from this series worth watching. The TV show was shit too.
Old 06-22-13, 11:58 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I think it's good too. Just not a good T film.

Originally Posted by Lt Ripley
Nah, it's just as shitty as 3. 1 & 2 are the only films from this series worth watching. The TV show was shit too.
No. 3 had worse issues than the narrative. Visually even it was poor. T4 at least looked good in the visual.
Old 06-22-13, 12:05 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Solid Snake PAC
No. 3 had worse issues than the narrative. Visually even it was poor. T4 at least looked good in the visual.
Shit is still shit. It's like saying AVP is better than AVPR.
Old 06-22-13, 12:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I think it's good too. Just not a good T film.
It was just a different style Terminator film than what people were used to. Instead of being the whole time traveling Terminator coming to try and assassinate Sarah or John it was the first look at the future war. Like I said I think it was meant to be a film that would build up to more and as a stand alone it doesn't really feel like a complete story.
Old 06-22-13, 12:26 PM
DVD Talk God

When I watched the R-rated version of Terminator: Salvation, I actually thought the movie was better the 2nd time around. I kind of agree that it wasn't really a good Terminator movie per se, but a good post apocalyptic thriller.
Old 06-22-13, 12:41 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The whole time travelling hero to the past thing is dead. TS at least saw that and wanted to show us what led up to that point. Much more interesting than what T5 proposes.
Old 06-22-13, 03:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The whole time travelling hero to the past thing is dead. TS at least saw that and wanted to show us what led up to that point. Much more interesting than what T5 proposes.
But that's what makes the Terminator series entertaining. The war of the future aspect Salvation was felt off because of that, almost like a spin-off more than a sequel. I haven't seen Salvation since theaters, and have no wanting to revisit it. Another movie in that direction of the series isn't necessary, how much further could they really take it?
Old 06-22-13, 06:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by mcfly
But that's what makes the Terminator series entertaining. The war of the future aspect Salvation was felt off because of that, almost like a spin-off more than a sequel. I haven't seen Salvation since theaters, and have no wanting to revisit it. Another movie in that direction of the series isn't necessary, how much further could they really take it?
I felt that way too before I rewatched it. I hadn't seen the film probably since it had originally hit Blu-ray, so late 2009 or so. I had remembered not thinking much of it when I saw it then but I was kind of on a kick watching all of them and decided to pop it in a few weeks ago. It's really not that bad of a film and has some cool aspects to it. I liked the idea of Marcus Wright being a cross between a real person with machine parts implanted and Christian Bale was a decent John Connor. I know I've said it a couple of times already in this thread but I really think the film could benefit more if it had sequels because it feels like the beginning part of what was meant to be a longer story and as a stand alone entry it feels a bit off with the rest of the series.

As much as I love the first two and don't hate the third (I don't love Terminator 3 but I'll still watch it) the idea has been stretched kind of thin at this point and I'd like to see it taken in a new direction. Not really sure an Arnold character protecting Sarah's parents from a new Terminator would be any more entertaining as it would be the same essential thing just set in a different era.
Old 06-22-13, 08:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What they need to do is a Back to the Future 2 and have terminators sent back to the first or second movie. THAT I would be excited for.
Old 06-22-13, 10:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,725 Likes on 1,881 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
When I watched the R-rated version of Terminator: Salvation, I actually thought the movie was better the 2nd time around. I kind of agree that it wasn't really a good Terminator movie per se, but a good post apocalyptic thriller.
Salvation had its problems, but I was pleased that they finally made a Terminator movie that showed the post-Judgement Day future instead of just sending robots back in time to kill people.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.