Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Terminator: GENISYS (2015, D: Taylor) S: Emilia Clarke, Jason Clarke, Jai Courtney

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Terminator: GENISYS (2015, D: Taylor) S: Emilia Clarke, Jason Clarke, Jai Courtney

Old 05-27-13, 11:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Terminator 5

The news is....God is good, but he doesn't support marriage equality.
Old 05-28-13, 02:14 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 402 Likes on 269 Posts

The only way Arnold would make sense returning to the franchise would be if he played a human who was part of the resistance, that the machines ended up basing the t-800 on.
Old 05-28-13, 02:28 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chadm
The only way Arnold would make sense returning to the franchise would be if he played a human who was part of the resistance, that the machines ended up basing the t-800 on.
It wouldn't work unless he was still a prisoner in another Skynet camp, since the first T-800 fought John Connor in the fourth film.
Old 05-28-13, 02:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,165 Likes on 909 Posts

Originally Posted by moviefan2k4
I'm still hoping they do a direct "Salvation" sequel someday, because I loved that film. It was a refreshing departure from the tired time-travel formula, and I'd love to see Anton Yelchin channel more of Michael Biehn. Arnold's way too old for the series now.
I dunno as much as the idea sounds cool I thought that Terminator: Salvation was just okay. I think it was just all the years of wanting the man vs. machine war that seeing how it played out in that film seemed sort of disappointing. Maybe it could be done better with a better director and story but overall I sort of liked the formula of the original films more. Only thing is they've already done the same essential story three times. I'm not really sure what else they could do to make it more original.
Old 05-28-13, 04:17 AM
Banned

Well, don't forget that "Salvation" only showed one very small aspect of the war. The submarine that Ashdown commanded was probably just for a certain part of the world. They could easily show different pockets of Resistance fighters across the globe, and have John Connor be the one who successfully merges them all together.

It'd be great to have two more sequels done, with Connor sending Reese back at the very end of the sixth movie.
Old 05-29-13, 11:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 347 Likes on 247 Posts

Arnold Schwarzenegger Updates on Terminator 5 and The Legend of Conan

In an interview with Metro UK, the actor was asked whether Terminator 5 was still being planned: "We’re writing it now. There are three projects being written that involve me. One is Terminator 5, the other is a Conan movie that Universal is doing and there’s the sequel to Twins, which is called Triplets. We’ll all look quite different in that. The third triplet is Eddie Murphy, so figure that one out."

Source
Old 05-29-13, 11:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 380 Likes on 270 Posts

Triplets sounds like it could be cool.

I really enjoy a big sci-fi action movie. But I don't feel too excited about another Terminator movie.
Old 05-30-13, 12:12 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 330 Likes on 201 Posts

Originally Posted by troystiffler
Triplets sounds like it could be cool.

I really enjoy a big sci-fi action movie. But I don't feel too excited about another Terminator movie.
I could really go for a continuation of the Sarah Conner Chronicles... oh well maybe Netflix will buy them too.
Old 05-30-13, 01:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm sure they are writing all three of them, however, given the returns on his last solo outing I'd say most studios won't want to touch them unless the budgets are very low.
Old 05-30-13, 01:15 AM
Banned

Arnold's just way too old for the Terminator role now, so if the new films include his characters, the filmmakers are better off following McG's "body double plus CG face" lead.
Old 05-30-13, 01:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

If James Cameron was involved there wouldn't be any doubts or complaints about Arnold being too old.
Old 05-30-13, 02:20 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Sonic
If James Cameron was involved there wouldn't be any doubts or complaints about Arnold being too old.
I would still cite Arnold's age, because it doesn't matter who else is involved. He was already pushing it with "T3", and that was ten years ago. Even if he somehow got himself in top physical shape again, his face isn't young anymore, which matters when playing an ageless character. Here's a comparison.

Old 05-30-13, 02:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

^
I agree.

I forgot to add to my previous post:

That's because Cameron will probably figure out some special effect way to make Arnold look fit and young.
Old 05-30-13, 05:10 AM
Banned

McG basically used the same technology that Disney did with Jeff Bridges in "Tron: Legacy", where the role of Clu was played by a body double. If they decide to take that route, then why cast Arnold again at all?
Old 05-30-13, 07:30 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 650 Likes on 500 Posts

Originally Posted by moviefan2k4
McG basically used the same technology that Disney did with Jeff Bridges in "Tron: Legacy", where the role of Clu was played by a body double. If they decide to take that route, then why cast Arnold again at all?
Because the techniques used for Terminator Salvation and Tron Legacy differed greatly. The former just featured an expressionless CGI Arnold face over a body double's head. The latter was dependant on a performance by Jeff Bridges where his expressions were motion captured. Also, the actors got to interact with Jeff Bridges live on set. Then the body double came in so they could shoot the scenes again. Finally, both takes (Jeff Bridges and body double) were combined to create each complete scene.
Old 05-30-13, 02:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,165 Likes on 909 Posts

I thought there was some type of explanation that the living tissue on the T-800's can age. Maybe I'm completely off but I thought I had read something like that once. I would think that explanation would make sense since really the T-800 (or 850 in Terminator 3) have all looked a different age obviously. Personally I'd be interested in a Terminator film even if Arnold had a smaller role.

Originally Posted by KillerCannibal
I'm sure they are writing all three of them, however, given the returns on his last solo outing I'd say most studios won't want to touch them unless the budgets are very low.
Thing is though, The Last Stand didn't have the name value of a franchise like Terminator or even the Conan films. I could see these made somehow. I think in the case of Terminator they should throw in a modern action star as a new enemy model or something.
Old 05-30-13, 02:44 PM
RIP

Received 54 Likes on 41 Posts

I think they should just stop so they don't continue fucking these up.
Old 05-30-13, 06:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RocShemp
Because the techniques used for Terminator Salvation and Tron Legacy differed greatly. The former just featured an expressionless CGI Arnold face over a body double's head. The latter was dependant on a performance by Jeff Bridges where his expressions were motion captured. Also, the actors got to interact with Jeff Bridges live on set. Then the body double came in so they could shoot the scenes again. Finally, both takes (Jeff Bridges and body double) were combined to create each complete scene.
I would love to see Jeff Bridges on set, acting as Clu but looking like the fucking Dude. I wish that guy was my uncle.
Old 05-30-13, 07:11 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 182 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by EddieMoney
I think they should just stop so they don't continue fucking these up.
They could fuck it up (as if they already haven't) and make all the cash they want. I refuse to see anything beyond the second film.
Now if only I could have done that with the Matrix films.
Old 05-30-13, 07:21 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by RocShemp
Thanks for the info; I didn't realize Jeff was more involved with how Clu was done. I thought he just contributed his likeness and a voice-over.
Old 05-30-13, 07:22 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 402 Likes on 251 Posts

Terminator 5: Rise of the Prostate
Old 06-03-13, 10:46 AM
Banned

Found this not long ago...

http://www.horror-movies.ca/2013/06/...-terminator-5/
Old 06-03-13, 11:14 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 380 Likes on 270 Posts

Well, if Cameron ever comes back, one thing is for sure: it will introduce something visionary and innovational. That's what keeps JC's movies so cutting edge. JC still hasn't made "just another movie". Each time, he's introducing something new. It's one part of what makes his movies so memorable. And it's part of why they bring in so much money.
Old 06-03-13, 12:18 PM
Banned

He has excellent visual style, but I avoided "Avatar", and have no interest in sequels to it. If he actually comes back for "T5", then I want a follow-up to "Salvation", where Connor, Blair, and Reese go after another Skynet facility. They need to show all the scattered Resistance groups coming together from around the globe.

Also, please keep Schwarzenegger out of it. He's way too old now, even if he somehow got back in shape.
Old 06-03-13, 08:08 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The only way I would get excited about a new Terminator movie is if Cameron were involved.

Now, we should definitely wait until after 2018 to make a new Terminator flick because Arnold isn't quite old enough yet.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.