Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Ted (S MacFarlane) Wahlberg, Kunis. R rated talking bear movie voiced by MacFarlane

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Ted (S MacFarlane) Wahlberg, Kunis. R rated talking bear movie voiced by MacFarlane

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-12, 10:12 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Ted (S MacFarlane) Wahlberg, Kunis. R rated talking bear movie voiced by MacFarla

When I first saw the red band trailer, I had no idea what the premise of the movie was. So you can imagine my extreme surprise and confusion when Wahlberg starts singing that thunder song and this little fucking creature comes scurrying onto the screen.
Old 05-23-12, 06:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Ted (S MacFarlane) Wahlberg, Kunis. R rated talking bear movie voiced by MacFarla

The film is now being released on June 29th, 2012 based upon Paramount's removal of G.I. Joe off the 2012 schedule
Old 05-23-12, 07:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Groucho
Movie's not out yet, and MacFarlane's already being accused of plagiarism:

http://www.cartoonbrew.com/comics/se...gine-this.html

Spoilerized for size:
Spoiler:
Why should anyone be surprised. McFarlane has been ripping off the Simpsons for over a decade.

Old 06-16-12, 08:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The last thing I am is a fan of Seth McFarlane but like others here I admit this looks pretty funny. Saw a few clips and enjoyed the idea.
Old 06-21-12, 01:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Saw it this evening. It's everything you would imagine from MacFarlane making a motion picture: non-stop pop culture references and a barrage of jokes involving 9/11, rape and-or Lou Gehrig's disease. It's also nice to note that for fans of the 1980 motion picture Flash Gordon, your time has finally come.

The film's story is paper-thin and only serves as a vehicle for MacFarlane and his gang to throw as many jokes at the wall to see how many stick. A lot of the jokes succeed, but I was surprised by how much MacFarlane held back despite the film's R-rating.

However, I'm sad to report that Joel McHale and Giovanni Ribisi are completely wasted in their roles and only serve to act as (weak) antagonists to Kunis and Wahlberg.

Highly recommended... if only for the great gag involving the Cheers DVD box set (that only got a laugh at from my group in the theater).
Old 06-21-12, 06:44 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 625 Likes on 482 Posts

^ Is it true that
Spoiler:
Flash Gordon himself
cameos in the movie?
Old 06-21-12, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by RocShemp
^ Is it true that
Spoiler:
Flash Gordon himself
cameos in the movie?
Yes.
Old 06-21-12, 11:48 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Matthew Chmiel
Yes.
Awesome.
Old 06-21-12, 12:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts

I don't mind a thin plot if the movie is funny. And it looks funny.
Old 06-21-12, 12:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by RichC2
I don't mind a thin plot if the movie is funny. And it looks funny.
I'm not a big MacFarlane fan but I have to admit it looks funny, I especially love the design of the bear.
Old 06-21-12, 02:51 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 129 Likes on 109 Posts

All the clips I've seen have been funny. Really looking forward to this....and I don't care what the plot/story is as long as I laugh a lot.

If the bear murders Mark Wahlberg and Mila Kunis at the end....so be it.
Old 06-21-12, 03:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Throwing Copper
I'm no longer a fan of Family Guy because it just isn't funny to me anymore.

But this movie looks hilarious. Can't wait. It should do well with the college aged crowd.
Never been a fan of Family Guy despite trying to get into it, but I agree with everything else in your post.
Old 06-21-12, 09:54 PM
DVD Talk Hero - 2023 TOTY Award Winner

Received 2,174 Likes on 1,223 Posts

NSFW short featurette, not embedding due to the very end of the video:

http://youtu.be/jQZgpHuim2U
Old 06-21-12, 10:02 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts

Originally Posted by jfoobar

Yeah, this should do well.
Old 06-21-12, 10:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Awesome Garfield shoutout.
Old 06-21-12, 10:42 PM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 06-21-12, 11:24 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Boston girls
Old 06-22-12, 12:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Cool news on Buster Crabbe.
Old 06-22-12, 12:31 AM

Received 156 Likes on 96 Posts

I like Seth MacFarlane. Anyone who can get Trey Parker and Matt Stone's panties in a bunch is okay in my book. The premises of his shows may be thin and derivative--but, he and his merry band of writers excel at comedic dialogue amongst their characters and the trailers of Ted seem to do the same.
Old 06-22-12, 01:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by PatD
Anyone who can get Trey Parker and Matt Stone's panties in a bunch is okay in my book.
While I love both groups, MacFarlane doesn't hold an ounce of the talent that Trey Parker and Matt Stone have.

While Ted is a good film, South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut and Team America: World Police are great films.

I'd also like to see MacFarlane make a musical as great as The Book of Mormon.
Old 06-22-12, 01:45 AM

Received 156 Likes on 96 Posts

While I love both groups, MacFarlane doesn't hold an ounce of the talent that Trey Parker and Matt Stone have.

While Ted is a good film, South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut and Team America: World Police are great films.

I'd also like to see MacFarlane make a musical as great as The Book of Mormon.
He wipes the floor with them when it comes to comedic dialogue.

In fairness: I agree South Park: BL&U is a great movie, the other one...eh, not so much.
Old 06-22-12, 01:52 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jfoobar

Awesome Video!!!
Old 06-22-12, 06:32 AM
DVD Talk Hero

South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut and Team America: World Police are great films.
The former is fantastic. But the latter felt like a 15 minute short that was stretched to feature length, with not enough laughs to justify the extra length.
Old 06-22-12, 06:33 AM
DVD Talk Hero - 2023 TOTY Award Winner

Received 2,174 Likes on 1,223 Posts

Originally Posted by RocShemp
The former is fantastic. But the latter felt like a 15 minute short that was stretched to feature length, with not enough laughs to justify the extra length.
Oddly enough, I remember renting it and shutting it off after about fifteen minutes because it had failed to make me laugh.
Old 06-22-12, 12:19 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I was already game to see this but...the video cemented that this movie will have shit I didn't expect it to have. Jesus H. Fuck...

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.