DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   Ted (S MacFarlane) Wahlberg, Kunis. R rated talking bear movie voiced by MacFarlane (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/587908-ted-s-macfarlane-wahlberg-kunis-r-rated-talking-bear-movie-voiced-macfarlane.html)

Rypro 525 02-23-11 02:21 PM

Ted (S MacFarlane) Wahlberg, Kunis. R rated talking bear movie voiced by MacFarlane

From Hitfix
Family Guy creator and creative powerhouse Seth MacFarlane will be jumping to the big screen and to live action with "Ted." The touching story of a grown man who's teddy bear came to life as a result of a childhood wish and has never left his side.

HitFix reported on this project almost a year ago, but it appears that the wheels have started to roll with the announcement that Giovanni Ribisi has joined the cast and that Mark Wahlberg and Mila Kunis are in final negotiations to star as well. We previously saw Wahlberg with an exasperating sidekick in the form of WIll Ferrell in "The Other Guys," so he should be warmed up to deal with a foul mouthed bear. No word as to Kunis' role.

MacFarlane will direct and possibly be the voice of Ted the CGI bear. Fans of Stewie from "Family Guy" who is also voiced my MacFarlane can rejoice. The script was written by Alec Sulkin, Wellesley Wild and Macfarlane. It is hard to imagine what the man will do with the freedom that a theatrical "R" rating will give him, but we're sure that he will push those boundaries just as much as he's pushed those of broadcast television. No official release date has been announced.

Giantrobo 02-23-11 02:24 PM

Re: Ted (S MacFarlane) Wahlberg, Kunis. R rated talking bear movie voiced by MacFarla

Kunis? I'm there.

Deftones 02-23-11 03:29 PM

Re: Ted (S MacFarlane) Wahlberg, Kunis. R rated talking bear movie voiced by MacFarla

he talked about this on Conan a few weeks ago as if Whalberg was already signed, btw.

Boba Fett 02-23-11 05:19 PM

"Hey bear, I like your voice. You're the only talking bear around, right? Let me ask you something, do you think this movie is going to tank? Well, ok, it was nice to meet you."

mhg83 02-23-11 07:54 PM

Sounds a little too much like that Mel Gibson talking puppet movie. Which one will bomb more?

RichC2 02-23-11 11:35 PM

This sounds nothing at all like the Mel Gibson movie. That's a man talking through a puppet.

This seems more like Ruxpin filling in for Chucky.

JJE-187 02-23-11 11:41 PM

i like Family Guy and American Dad is OK but this is just gonna be a financial disaster. Do they think that the 13 year olds that like Family Guy are gonna see an R-Rated talking teddy bear movie? Sounds like Rupert is merging with Stewie and they are bringing along Meg for the ride, I think Mila Kunis does the voice of Meg.

I think if Paul (the talking cutesy alien movie that is like Roger from American Dad) tanks next month then this either A: Gets canned completely or B: Goes to straight to DVD

Troy Stiffler 02-24-11 12:23 AM

Originally Posted by JJE-187 (Post 10652727)
i like Family Guy and American Dad is OK but this is just gonna be a financial disaster. Do they think that the 13 year olds that like Family Guy are gonna see an R-Rated talking teddy bear movie?

Heyyyy. I'm 27. But I do consider myself a Family Guy apologist. American Dad has been f'n awesome lately.

bluetoast 02-24-11 12:45 AM

Can he be as freaky sounding/looking as the bear from A.I.? That plus an R-rated personality...I like those odds.

Alan Smithee 02-24-11 03:55 AM

"Creative powerhouse"?? I hope this movie is 2 hours of "Well if you think THAT'S bad, what about the time-" [cut to flashback with random pop-culture or historical reference].

costanza 02-24-11 02:55 PM

Who is driving? Bear is driving? How can that be?

Matthew Chmiel 04-01-12 11:34 PM

Red Band Trailer:

NSFW:
<object width="450" height="302"><param name="movie" value="http://www.traileraddict.com/emd/54963"><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.traileraddict.com/emd/54963" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="450" height="302"></embed></object>

The Bus 04-02-12 01:56 AM

This looks so much better than it has any right to be.

Spiderbite 04-02-12 07:52 AM

Pretty bizarre but I have to admit I laughed a few times on the trailer. The name scene was pretty cool. I can't imagine how much practice that took for Wahlberg to get that right.

He's starting to show his age though. He looks way to old for Kunis even though he is still in good shape.

kgrogers1979 04-02-12 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by brianluvdvd (Post 11175766)
He's starting to show his age though. He looks way to old for Kunis even though he is still in good shape.

He is 40 and she is 28. That's not a huge difference really. Its not like a 40 year old with an 18-20 year old college girl.

It also still works with the "half your age plus seven" rule... 40/2 + 7 = 27

RichC2 04-02-12 08:26 AM

Looked watchable to me :shrug:. Trailer is now gone.

Rival11 04-02-12 08:31 AM

?? It's still there. I just watched it. Hilarious....really would like to see this one - Mark Whalberg looks a lot older than he actually is...I think that is what throws everyone off - to me anyway....I really don't think 40 is that old.

B.A. 04-02-12 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by The Bus (Post 11175690)

Exactly.

RichC2 04-02-12 09:04 AM

must have been a glitch, it works again.

Deftones 04-02-12 09:30 AM

looks funny. the trailer they showed on family guy last night had different scenes. they also digitally erased the bong that ted was smoking. :lol:

Supermallet 04-02-12 09:47 AM

Looks like it could be good. The white trash names bit was the best part.

Yeti4623 04-02-12 09:56 AM

I'll be surprised if this doesn't sweep the razzies next year. A talking teddy bear saying the f word over and over is comedy gold.

PenguinJoe 04-02-12 11:40 AM

This looks funny but does McFarlane have any other voices than variations of Peter Griffith, Brian, and Stewie?

RagingBull80 04-02-12 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by The Bus (Post 11175690)

Originally Posted by B.A. (Post 11175801)
Exactly.

I have to agree with this.

Goat3001 04-02-12 11:54 AM

Trailer was actually pretty funny. Though by the thread title I was hoping that it would be animated and Wahlberg would be doing voice work. If he went full blown "mark wahlberg voice" that alone would be hilarious.