Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

The Kids Are All Right

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

The Kids Are All Right

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-11, 11:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 290 Likes on 211 Posts
Re: The Kids Are All Right

Originally Posted by Solid Snake PAC
....The Town was good. It was well directed. It's direction is what had it going strong. The story was weak in some parts and that blonde cracked out girl wasn't all that great in her role. That's what stops it from being amazing. It's pretty good but it's not amazing.
My point is, was it more deserving of a Best Picture nomination over "The Kids Are All Right"? And my answer is, a monumental YES!

Last edited by Daytripper; 02-19-11 at 11:48 PM.
Old 02-19-11, 11:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Daytripper
Sorry, but I respectfully disagree. I think "The Town" was almost equally as great as "The Departed". And is 10,000 times better than "The Kids Are All Right".

... for civil discourse.

I'm not a big fan of The Departed either, but I respect your opinion.
Old 02-20-11, 12:38 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry, but I respectfully disagree. I think "The Town" was almost equally as great as "The Departed". And is 10,000 times better than "The Kids Are All Right".

The Town deserved more love.
Old 02-20-11, 03:24 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 129 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by realitysammie
Yet another movie which contains massive overtones of illuminant propaganda. The movie teaches us that lesbian family is the "modern" family. These women seem very unhappy and for good reason. The characters suffer from a mental disorder brought on by an overbearing father or mother, a distant effeminate father, or the most common factor in homosexual mental disorder, sadistic child abuse. Yes, in the seventies homosexuality was considered a mental disorder until the gay establishment forced the doctors to take this scientific info out of the textbooks. So, if you'd like to see the idea of the nuclear family destroyed and see what the Illuminati (and elders of the protocols of sion) want you to think about the "modern" family, than see this film. BTW, this is a well made movie and entertaining, so you will be entertained, but know what the real agenda and hidden messages are, hidden in plain site.

I can't believe I missed this post. I am going to copy and paste your post into a Google search.

I'm interested to see how many movie websites with discussion boards that you've posted that on.

Back to the movie, it wasn't mind blowing or anything, but I enjoyed it quite a bit. It's still the best "mental disorder" family movie of the year.
Old 02-20-11, 11:39 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

seems like that post was made for here...what a very unique and epic first post especially meant for us.
Old 02-25-11, 11:28 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by CaptainMarvel
Spoiler:
I completely agree that Benning's character would never have forgiven Ruffalo, but I didn't quite buy that both the kids would so completely turn against him.

I also really hated how in the last act his character just became a joke, getting shit on by everybody. I couldn't help but feel sorry for him... he was living a decent (and fun) life prior to the kids' intervention, then the kids show up. He gets a taste of something more meaningful, and it's yanked away (admittedly through partial fault of his own). He's now left sans-girlfriend (that he broke up with) and with two kids he never knew existed beforehand who he now likes/loves but has to live with knowing they hate his guts.

Benning was a total bitch for the entire movie who demonstrated few qualities that would make somebody want to endure a relationship with her, Moore willingly participated in (and initiated, IIRC) the affair when she was the one in the relationship, and Ruffalo gets the total shaft for it.

Originally Posted by jfoobar
That's why I praised the film for being honest.
Spoiler:
You should feel sorry for Ruffalo. He didn't deserve the end that he got, but that's how that fucked up situation would have ended in real life the majority of the time. Even the way he paced outside of the couple's home at the end was very accurate, swimming in emotion, his mind racing, trying to find some shred of something that will salvage things. There was simply no chance.

Agree on both counts. Saw it last night and that's exactly what I was thinking.
Old 02-25-11, 11:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My point is, was it more deserving of a Best Picture nomination over "The Kids Are All Right"? And my answer is, a monumental YES!
100% agree. I would have tossed out Winter's Bone too.