Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (Bay, 2009) — The Reviews Thread

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters
View Poll Results: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (Bay, 2009) — The Reviews Thread
6.00%
3.60%
16.00%
9.20%
12.80%
6.00%
10.00%
6.80%
8.00%
2.80%
3.20%
I have no desire to avenge the fallen and transform into a moviegoer for this.
15.60%
Voters: 250. You may not vote on this poll

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (Bay, 2009) — The Reviews Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-09, 03:29 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 79 Likes on 57 Posts
Re: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (Bay, 2009) — The Reviews Thread

Originally Posted by RocShemp
Then how did it not kill Simmons when Bumblbee pissed all over him in the first movie? Is he a Pretender also?
Because motor oil and fuel are two different things. Bumblebee leaked what I presumed to be fuel all over Simmons.
Old 10-07-09, 03:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 628 Likes on 483 Posts

Really? I always presumed it was oil given that what looked like a filter popped Simmons in the head before his lubricating shower.
Old 10-07-09, 04:20 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

It could be then why wasn't it black like other oil? And why are we debating this anyway? When we were kids we never asked these kinds of questions.
Old 10-07-09, 04:30 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by emachine12
It could be then why wasn't it black like other oil? And why are we debating this anyway? When we were kids we never asked these kinds of questions.
When we were kids, not even the Junkticons pissed on people.
Old 10-07-09, 04:46 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

That is true. Very true.
Old 10-07-09, 08:39 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 628 Likes on 483 Posts

It could be then why wasn't it black like other oil?
It wouldn't be black if he had a recent oil change. It would be diluted coffee coloured.

And why are we debating this anyway? When we were kids we never asked these kinds of questions.
This is what happens when someone decides, "hey, wouldn't it be awesome if a Transformer would piss on somebody?" and nobody had the balls to say "no, Michael, that's fucking stupid". Sadly, I must admit that scene made me laugh the first time I saw it.

Originally Posted by pinata242
When we were kids, not even the Junkticons pissed on people.
When I was a kid we didn't even have "Junkticons". Are those evil versions of the Junkions?

Last edited by RocShemp; 10-07-09 at 08:48 PM.
Old 12-01-09, 04:00 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Such a stupid movie.

Can someone tell me why Shia didn't just take the original piece of the Allspark and stick that in Optimus Prime? That would have worked, right?
Old 12-01-09, 07:18 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 176 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
Such a stupid movie.

Can someone tell me why Shia didn't just take the original piece of the Allspark and stick that in Optimus Prime? That would have worked, right?
Um...'cause...wait, where did that thing go, anyway?
Old 12-01-09, 07:27 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Or have the other Autobots hook themselves up to Optimus and kickstart him back up the way the Decepticons did with Megatron.
Old 12-01-09, 07:30 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Suprmallet
Or have the other Autobots hook themselves up to Optimus and kickstart him back up the way the Decepticons did with Megatron.
Or how Meagan Fox was able to carry a moving robot (locked inside a case) on an airplane? Thinking back - did she have only a few lines?
Old 12-01-09, 07:31 PM
Suspended

Wait, where did the other autobots go? I'm not a huge fan of the series, but didn't the first end with like 5 or 6 of them? I only saw Optimus and a "B". What happened to Jazz and the others? WTF? This shit hurts my head!
Old 12-01-09, 07:37 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Wait, where did the other autobots go? I'm not a huge fan of the series, but didn't the first end with like 5 or 6 of them? I only saw Optimus and a "B". What happened to Jazz and the others? WTF? This shit hurts my head!
Jazz died in the first one.
Old 12-01-09, 07:45 PM
Banned by request

Spoiler tags!!!!1!!!1!
Old 12-01-09, 07:46 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Strangely, no one cared enough to bring Jazz back apparently (the first movie still sucks more then the second, I say!)
Old 12-02-09, 07:10 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by fumanstan
Jazz died in the first one.
Ok, what about the other autobots? Where did they go? I only saw Prime and "B". I don't remember the others names but there were several.
Old 12-02-09, 08:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Worth a read...

Transformers 2 FAQ
Old 12-02-09, 10:56 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Or how Meagan Fox was able to carry a moving robot (locked inside a case) on an airplane? Thinking back - did she have only a few lines?
She didn't fit the profile of a potential terrorist, so the violent, sentient robot inside the case was overlooked by the guy running the X-ray machine. It's understandable.

The first film featured: Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, Jazz, Ironhide and Ratchet. The first two were pretty prominent in both films; the third has been discussed (without the proper spoiler tag) and the final two appeared in scenes with the NEST group. Since we (the audience) followed Sam's story, we didn't see much of them.

Ok, what about the other autobots? Where did they go? I only saw Prime and "B". I don't remember the others names but there were several.
See above. Also, see the multi-quote feature. It makes it so much easier for everyone else to read and keep up with threads.
Old 12-02-09, 11:22 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is slightly Transformers related but entirely Michael Bay related:

When discussing "AVATAR", composer James Horner had an interesting comment about Michael Bay:

Geoff Boucher: It's interesting, too, that small moments become so key when a movie gets as big as this one. The machinery of the movie is so big that without successful small moments and human emotion, it could turn into a video game.

James Horner: Absolutely. Yes, that's right. And, not to mention names, but if it was Michael Bay making this movie we wouldn't be having this conversation. These things wouldn't matter or they certainly wouldn't matter as much. Jim knows the importance of it not just becoming mecha. Jim knows that a movie can become swamped in just unbelievable imagery and that it becomes hollow. Jim won't allow that and my job is to make sure it doesn't happen.
Source:

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/hero....html#comments

Michael Bay apparently responded to this in the comments, though it could be anyone....he is known for commenting on internet sites, isn't he? Since this was an article on the L.A. Times site with his name in the title, the real Bay certainly could have seen it so it could be real:

Oh the irony. Does Mr. Horner not know that Fox and Mr. Cameron are selling the final trailer of Avatar off the music from my film, The Island? If Mr. Horner's music was so right for "the soul" of the Avatar film, it would for sure be in the final trailer.

Michael Bay

Posted by: Michael Bay | December 02, 2009 at 01:51 PM
Old 12-03-09, 12:07 AM
Banned by request

Originally Posted by MrSmearkase
Worth a read...

Transformers 2 FAQ
"Why can only a Prime kill the Fallen? Why can Jetfire teleport? Why can the Fallen wave a staff and make shit fly around? Why do actual cars and Autobots get sucked into Devastator's maw, but John Turturro and that other kid can run around?"

"Because... because FUCK YOU, that's why."

Old 12-03-09, 12:43 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,660 Likes on 1,035 Posts

"Why can only a Prime kill the Fallen? Why can Jetfire teleport? Why can the Fallen wave a staff and make shit fly around? Why do actual cars and Autobots get sucked into Devastator's maw, but John Turturro and that other kid can run around?"

"Because... because FUCK YOU, that's why."

I've read that before, buy my favorite is still:

Why would a robot need to fart, pee, or vomit? And why would it need testicles?

Michael Bay does not understand what a robot is.
Truer words have never been spoken.
Old 12-03-09, 01:17 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Nick Martin
This is slightly Transformers related but entirely Michael Bay related:

When discussing "AVATAR", composer James Horner had an interesting comment about Michael Bay:

Source:

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/hero....html#comments

Michael Bay apparently responded to this in the comments, though it could be anyone....he is known for commenting on internet sites, isn't he? Since this was an article on the L.A. Times site with his name in the title, the real Bay certainly could have seen it so it could be real:
Michael Bay may not understand the soul of Avatar, but I don't even understand the premise of it. Just what the hell is it, anyway? Some kind of Halo-meetsNeverending Story epic? All I know is, it was expensive as hell and the expectations are through the roof for it. It's like being at a party and everyone is raving about a drink someone there has been mixing all night, insisting you have one. You ask what's in it and the only response anyone gives you is, "Who cares? It's awesome!"

As for Bay's sense of nuance and artistry, the guy knows exactly what kind of movie he wants to make and he makes it. It may not explore the subtleties of the human condition, but--except when he said The Island would deliver a healthy box office return--they do deliver exactly what he says they will deliver. I think the high-brow haters need to get over themselves. Go tell your nuanced story and let your attentive audience appreciate your diligent work. What harm is there in Michael Bay bringing in $100 million with his popcorn flicks to keep the studios in the black? MGM would have done well to have financed something of his in the last decade; then James Bond wouldn't have been the only profitable thing they had going while they took baths on all the more nuanced fare they thought would go over well.
Old 12-03-09, 06:02 AM
Banned by request

I don't think we're bashing Michael Bay just to bash him. I love The Rock and really liked the first Transformers. But this movie is like being shit on repeatedly and when you complain, you're told to like it.
Old 12-03-09, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 445 Likes on 312 Posts

I still don't get how people can like the first one and hate the 2nd one, when they're both pieces of crap, just different shades of shit. So I'm not saying it's good, but I do think that I may like Transformers2 more than Terminator4, solely based on intent. Trans2 doesn't pretend to be anything more than what it is, whereas Term4 actually thinks it's about something. discuss.
Old 12-03-09, 11:07 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I don't think we're bashing Michael Bay just to bash him. I love The Rock and really liked the first Transformers. But this movie is like being shit on repeatedly and when you complain, you're told to like it.
This seems pretty fair and sensible to me. I'd never insist that someone ought to like something they don't (except baseball). I was just noticing a trend in the backlash that seemed to revolve around how obnoxiously pro-military, anti-story Michael Bay is and wanted to know how many of those who dislike this specific film were just expanding their contempt for him.

I admit, I left the theater disappointed. I think they should have waited another year to make this film, which might have given enough time for the writing team to develop something less full of holes. During that time, Bay really ought to have been the one to direct G.I. Joe; I don't know how Paramount and Dreamworks managed to miss that opportunity. Michael Bay directing that would be even more perfect than Brett Ratner directing Rob Leifeld's Youngblood.
Old 12-03-09, 11:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 696 Likes on 430 Posts

I'm no Michael Bay "hater", I really enjoyed the first movie. I'll go on record as loving ARMAGEDDON, too.

We tried watching 45 minutes of this tripe over the weekend. Biggest POS I have seen in a LONG time. Not only did we shut it off to grab a snack and never bothered to even turn it back on and in fact forgot to, the next day we couldn't remember a single damn thing about the story or characters.

For a big budget action/scifi CGI spectacular, what a collossal BORE.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.