Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

The Dark Knight Discussion Thread Pt. 4

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

The Dark Knight Discussion Thread Pt. 4

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-09, 11:18 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: The Dark Knight Discussion Thread Pt. 4

well fuck..
Old 01-21-09, 02:47 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 915 Likes on 774 Posts

Originally Posted by fumanstan
Dent didn't kill Ramirez, she win's the toss and he just hits her.
oh yeah. nevermind.
Old 01-21-09, 04:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,211 Likes on 2,071 Posts

Originally Posted by bluetoast
Nolan was asked who the 5 people were during the BD Live event, he replied that he would answer the question someday but not now.
As in waiting for the next movie to reveal who #5 is?
Old 01-21-09, 04:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 275 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by GoldenJCJ
As in waiting for the next movie to reveal who #5 is?
He didn't specify, but that's also a possibility.
Old 01-21-09, 04:49 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, by phrasing it like that it certainly looks like a 'tune in next time' type of thing, waiting until the third film to reveal it.
Old 01-21-09, 07:32 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Zen Peckinpah
The idea of the director of The Beach winning an Oscar makes me really, really upset.
The idea of the director of Indiana Jones and the Legend of the Crystal Skull makes me...oh wait
Old 01-21-09, 10:12 PM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Solid Snake PAC
ok....now that I've watched TDK a 1000 times a thought just occurred to me. I almost think it'd be better if the civilians had turned the key for the bomb and therefore killing the prisoners. I don't know why..but I just thought that. I mean it gets so tense at that moment and nobody pulls it. It would've been better for Joker's whole plan and to see it succeed..but maybe I just it want to be grimmer than it already is. The Joker says that at the rate that people are losing their minds and such, it would've been a great way to give that proof of The Joker actually driving people to do things they would never do.
I kind of felt that if, say the people turned the key to blow up the prisoners, then that the bomb would've blown up their boat instead of the prisoner's boat.

Also, is Dark Knight coming back to the theaters still anytime soon? I remember hearing January but at this point there's less than two weeks left in the month.
Old 01-21-09, 11:12 PM
Banned

I remember seeing January 23rd on here..but obviously that ain't happening.
Old 01-21-09, 11:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,245 Likes on 856 Posts

Originally Posted by cleaver
the number 5 comes up a bunch. Joker tells batman he let 5 people die in interrogation. Gordon tells batman two face killed 5 people. Neither of these are accurate. And a little more tenously, joker tells batman dent is at 250 52nd street.

So what's the deal? The best i've got is that this is nolan's 5th movie if you don't count the following. I'm a huge batman fan and i've got no connection there to the #5.
1.) r
2.) o
3.) b
4.) i
5.) n
Old 01-21-09, 11:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sure it is. Starts at the IMAX again here on Friday.
Old 01-21-09, 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by abob teff

1.) r
2.) o
3.) b
4.) i
5.) n
1.) g
2.) o
3.) d

4.) n
5.) o
Old 01-22-09, 01:18 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts

Whoever hears All Along the Watchtower is #5
Old 01-22-09, 10:42 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by davidh777
Whoever hears All Along the Watchtower is #5
Old 01-22-09, 06:09 PM

Old 01-22-09, 06:49 PM
Banned

I love it...
Old 01-23-09, 11:18 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 314 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by scott1598
saw this again the other night and think the 5th is Dent himself and that Batman will take the credit for Dent's 4 (Ramierez, Wertz, Maroni, Maroni driver) and then Dent himself, thinking Two-Face, the alter-ego, now primary in thought, killed Dent for good or that Batman created Two-Face thus killing Dent when he pulled him from the building.
I believe there were three gangsters in the car, including Maroni (based on a shot of them getting in the car, though my memory could be hazy). Presumably all three died in the crash. Dent definitely killed Wertz in the bar.

That leaves one more who has to be a cop. I can think of a few possibilities for the last one:

-- Dent himself, though this seems like a stretch. I would say Batman bears just as much responsibility here as Dent, and the movie is ambiguous as to whether Dent is really dead. I'm not sure that Gordon would refer to the DA as a "cop" although he was apparently a former IA officer.

-- The policeman assigned to guard Dent's hospital room who gets shot by the Joker. Though his body was likely obliterated when the hospital blew up, the cops would know he was missing, he was assigned to Dent, and that Dent escaped, suggesting strongly that Dent killed him. If his body was somehow recovered, Dent would surely be pinned as the killer, since the bullet that killed him was from the gun Dent was using throughout the rest of his rampage (given to him by the Joker).

-- A killing took place that we didn't see and won't find out about until the next film (fueled by Nolan's Q&A answer mostly)
Old 01-23-09, 12:57 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

The third mobster is killed outside the car (you can briefly see Two-Face put his hand over the mobster's mouth and pull him out of frame when Maroni is getting into the car).
Old 01-23-09, 02:03 PM
Banned

All I can see is:

Wuertz
Maroni
Maroni's Driver

that's all we see onscreen..well the action of killing
I don't about those 2 with Maroni BEFORE he enters the car..we never see the guy that went offscreen by Two Face or the guy who opened the door for Maroni again. So...the first grunt is a maybe...and the other guy we never know if he got in the car or not.

interesting bit from imdb:

Christopher Nolan's original cut ran another 15 minutes longer. The studio loved it but felt it was a little long so Nolan did a pace pass editing to its current length.
Old 01-23-09, 05:39 PM

^^ They must have removed the post-party crashing scene with Joker at that point.
Old 01-23-09, 05:41 PM

Old 01-23-09, 08:22 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

I'm surprised that Nolan succumbed to Warner's putting the film out onto IMAX-Digital, today.
Old 01-24-09, 07:51 AM
Suspended

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

From: http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp...gdjRpsTopWHADA

Man charged in Belgian crèche stabbings

1 hour ago

DENDERMONDE, Belgium (AFP) — A 20-year-old Belgian man has been charged with killing two infants and a 54-year-old female employee at a child daycare centre and has been remanded in custody, a prosecutor said on Saturday.

The man, who was arrested on Friday shortly after the rampage, was interrogated by police and then brought before a judge who charged him with murder, said the prosecutor in Dendermonde, western Belgium.

The accused, whose identity has not been released, was also charged with attempted murder, the prosecutor said.

Ten children and two staff were wounded, some very seriously, in the attack in the town of Dendermonde near Brussels.

After staff opened the door, the man barged into The Country of Fables daycare centre with a 30-centimetre (12-inch) long knife and began slashing some of the children lying in beds, none more than three years old, officials said.

During the interrogation, the man whose face was painted white with black around his eyes -- making some think of the Joker character in Batman -- gave no indication about his motives for the attack, a spokesman for the prosecution said.

The prosecution also has denied rumours that the accused escaped from a psychiatric ward or was high on drugs or alcohol.

According to the Flemish newspaper Het Laatste Nieuws, the man allegedly admitted to the killings after 10 hours of interrogation during which he laughed several times.

The newspaper also claimed that police prevented "a second bloodbath" as the man had on him a second knife and the address of another child daycare centre.

Of the 12 wounded in the attack, a six-month-old baby and a three-year-old child were in very serious but not life-threatening condition, a spokesman at Ghent university hospital said on Saturday.

Another medical official said many of the wounded had been "mutiliated" and would need plastic surgery.

The tragedy is one of a number of deadly attacks at schools or child care centres in Europe in recent years.

Belgium is still in shock over the case of a woman who cut the throats of her five children and a series of paedophile scandals.
From: http://www.upi.com/Top_News/2009/01/...1641232803258/

The man, who is still unidentified, showed contempt for questioners, "snorting with laughter" after being accused of using a knife to stage a bloody rampage inside a Dendermonde, Belgium, daycare center, The Daily Telegraph reported Saturday.

The newspaper said unnamed police officers and prosecutors said the suspect had painted his face white to resemble the Joker from the Batman movie "The Dark Knight" and was not believed to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol at the time of the Friday morning killings. The attacker allegedly stabbed wildly at the heads and necks of children between a few months and 2 years old.
From: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...cle2167144.ece

The witness added: “He presented a terrifying sight for the young children.”

Evil ... Heath Ledger as the movie Joker

The knifeman was over-powered by police in a local shop 90 minutes later.

A police officer confirmed: “He had his face painted like Heath Ledger playing The Joker.”

Prosecutors said a 20-year-old local man had been charged with triple murder and multiple counts of attempted murder.

Weeping parents were taken to a reception centre by police and shown photos of the injured victims in a bid to identify them. At least three of the wounded were in a “very serious” condition last night.
<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_iDHME0Q4mo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_iDHME0Q4mo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>

Last edited by baracine; 01-24-09 at 12:48 PM.
Old 01-24-09, 08:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts

BOM is showing 350 screens for this weekend, but none around me
Old 01-24-09, 08:51 AM
Banned

...hrm
Old 01-24-09, 10:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 290 Likes on 211 Posts

interesting bit from imdb:

Christopher Nolan's original cut ran another 15 minutes longer. The studio loved it but felt it was a little long so Nolan did a pace pass editing to its current length.

Fuck! Why didn't they release this cut on DVD?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.