Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

The Dark Knight Rises (Nolan)

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

The Dark Knight Rises (Nolan)

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-11, 01:43 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 626 Likes on 482 Posts
Re: The Dark Knight Rises (Nolan)

Originally Posted by Hokeyboy
How come she doesn't look like the Christopher Reeve SUPERMAN?? Fail... and look at those textures!!
Wrong thread. And she isn't wearing rubber chainmail. That's the new Superman's (and new Spider-Man's) fetish.
Old 08-05-11, 01:47 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Since no one seems to care about why she's on Batman's awesome ride, I'm going to speculate that:

Spoiler:
1. Bane organizes a rally / protest outside that courthouse/prison/whatever place that is, that gets the Batman to come out during the day. He arrives and tries to fight his way through the huge brawl going on outside the steps and Selina steals the BatPod and takes off during the riot.

2. Selina and the Batman are working together and he told her to take off with it to follow someone while he handles Bane? Maybe she's going after Miranda-yes-I'm-really-Talia-Al-Ghul-Tate? Two versus two, perhaps? Batman/Selina versus Bane/Talia?

Old 08-05-11, 01:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 211 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick Martin
Since no one seems to care about why she's on Batman's awesome ride, I'm going to speculate that:

Spoiler:
1. Bane organizes a rally / protest outside that courthouse/prison/whatever place that is, that gets the Batman to come out during the day. He arrives and tries to fight his way through the huge brawl going on outside the steps and Selina steals the BatPod and takes off during the riot.

2. Selina and the Batman are working together and he told her to take off with it to follow someone while he handles Bane? Maybe she's going after Miranda-yes-I'm-really-Talia-Al-Ghul-Tate? Two versus two, perhaps? Batman/Selina versus Bane/Talia?

Sounds plausible.
Old 08-05-11, 01:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Spoiler:

Both theories sound good.
Old 08-05-11, 01:57 PM

Also, Tom Hardy has some interesting things to say about playing Bane, comparing himself to actors like Heath Ledger, and the funny downside to wearing Bane's mask:

http://www.totalfilm.com/news/tom-ha...k-knight-rises

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf...oubles_1238203

The second link mentions he and Batman signaling each other which possibly explains one of the leaked pics that had them standing in front of each other with funny hand gestures.
Old 08-05-11, 02:22 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 134 Likes on 97 Posts

Spoiler:

Not bad ideas. My thought is perhaps
Spoiler:
in the event Batman is injured she feels the need to step into his shoes. Maybe she breaks into the Batcave and "borrows" equipment to accomplish this.
Old 08-05-11, 04:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Selina has to be working with Batman. Only way that explains that half-million suit and gear she's wearing.
Old 08-05-11, 04:52 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by PopcornTreeCt
Selina has to be working with Batman. Only way that explains that half-million suit and gear she's wearing.
Not necessarily. She could have purchased all that gear (sans Batpod) via the wealth she's "acquired" during past jobs.

As for the Batpod, she could have (A) stolen it from Batman whilst he was busy fighting Bane (would be a great way for Batman to then track her down). Or she could have (B) received it as a "loaner" from Batman (much like he loaned Grodon the Tumbler during the climax of BB). Or (C) she could be working for the League of Shadows and received it as a "gift" from Talia or Bane. Alternately, she could have (D) stolen a Batpod copy that belongs to the League of Shadows (not out of the question since they have their own Tumblers).
Old 08-05-11, 05:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 211 Likes on 178 Posts

Found this article about the football scenes:

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11217/1165434-100.stm

Batman, meet Big Ben.

The new labor agreement in the NFL banned teams from practicing twice a day but it says nothing about Ben Roethlisberger and his Steelers teammates practicing for good old "Gotham" on the set of the new Batman movie Saturday morning.

Roethlisberger and about a dozen of his veteran teammates will take part in the filming of Dark Knight Rises playing -- what else? -- football players at a familiar venue for them, Heinz Field. The production, which has been filming in Pittsburgh, moves Saturday morning to the Steelers home, where thousands of extras playing fans have been recruited. The Steelers will return to Saint Vincent College in Latrobe for a real football practice under the direction of coach Mike Tomlin Saturday afternoon.

The Steelers quarterback has become close with Thomas Tull, the film's executive producer who joined the Steelers ownership group two years ago. Tull helped influence the shooting of the movie in Pittsburgh and he's been trying to get the Steelers involved. Chrstopher Nolan is directing the third in his Batman trilogy. The movie stars Christian Bale as Batman and Anne Hathaway as Catwoman.

"I'm kind of getting everybody together," Roethlisberger told the Post-Gazette today. "I heard it's going to be a neat thing at the stadium. I don't think it will be a big part, it's not like we're chasing Batman down or anyting. It's something neat that in 10 years or 20 years we can tell our kids we were in a movie. Thomas does movies big and I'm sure it will be a big-time movie and something fun to be part of."

Among teammates expected to join him are Hines Ward, Willie Colon, Maurkice Pouncey, Mike Wallace, Heath Miller, Aaron Smith, Ryan Clark, Troy Polamalu, James Farrior and Casey Hampton.

There will be an early call for the football-playing actors -- they must be on the set, which is closed to the public, by 7 a.m. Saturday, and this after tonight's practice in Latrobe.

"From what I've heard, it's going to be like a pre-game, warming-up type thing,'' Roethlisberger said of the Steelers' roles. "I don't know the whole concept. There's a Gotham team, a football game. We'll be wearing uniforms. It will be fun."

Traffic restrictions around Heinz Field will be in place over the weekend. Art Rooney Avenue from W. General Robinson to Reedsdale Street will be closed Saturday and Sunday. The west side curb lane of Art Rooney Avenue from North Shore Drive to West General Robinson Street will be closed through Monday.
Old 08-05-11, 05:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by RocShemp
Not necessarily. She could have purchased all that gear (sans Batpod) via the wealth she's "acquired" during past jobs.

As for the Batpod, she could have (A) stolen it from Batman whilst he was busy fighting Bane (would be a great way for Batman to then track her down). Or she could have (B) received it as a "loaner" from Batman (much like he loaned Grodon the Tumbler during the climax of BB). Or (C) she could be working for the League of Shadows and received it as a "gift" from Talia or Bane. Alternately, she could have (D) stolen a Batpod copy that belongs to the League of Shadows (not out of the question since they have their own Tumblers).
Good points. I'd rather see a make-shift costume like all the villains get.
Old 08-05-11, 05:22 PM

I'm not at all into sports but it sounds pretty exciting, and I'm looking forward to how this plays out in the film.
Old 08-05-11, 05:30 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You believe correctly...
Old 08-05-11, 06:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

So seriously, what exactly were people expecting her to look like? This isn't "Batman Returns" or any other on-screen version of the character so what were people looking for? Halle Berry wasn't exactly a winner either in terms of her (very stupid) look.
I was expecting something more than a black, leather body suit with no style whatsoever. Her "costume" looks like a generic spy outfit from any movie and is not even remotely reminiscent of Catwoman. I'm hopeful that the costume will have some sort of hood with ears, so she at least resembles Catwoman, and it's just not shown in the picture because it wasn't part of the scene.

Isn't this what was to be expected? Personally, it was exactly what I expected - not a "hey that's Catwoman" kind of thing at all because it would be downplayed to more of a simple thief kind of deal. No obvious 'ears' or whip or whatever the elements are that Catwoman-esque because she's no-nonsense.
Except if she's a no-nonsense thief, it would actually make sense for her to wear something to cover her hair or face so she wouldn't leave behind any evidence or get identified.
Old 08-05-11, 06:38 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I think I'm going to have to stay out of this thread now that all the pics are leaking.
Old 08-05-11, 06:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 603 Likes on 435 Posts

Originally Posted by Suprmallet
I think I'm going to have to stay out of this thread now that all the pics are leaking.
Better not go to the movies, you might see a Dark Knight Rises movie poster there.
Old 08-05-11, 07:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Suprmallet
It's not just this thread. Warner released an official photo that's on every site. But yeah I've been avoiding the other ones.
Old 08-05-11, 07:01 PM
Suspended

So is Big Ben gonna have his friends block a door while he tries to rape Catwoman?
Old 08-05-11, 07:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 696 Likes on 430 Posts

Any more Hathaway shots in skintight black leather and thigh-high boots, the pics won't be the only thing leaking...
Old 08-05-11, 07:34 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 75 Likes on 56 Posts

So seriously, what exactly were people expecting her to look like?
Catherine Zeta Jones from the opening of Entrapment. I always assumed if they were going, aesthetically, after a more logical/realistic interpretation of the character, that's where they might crib it.
The fact that the suit is skin-tight rather than a little looser fitting somewhat surprises me. Nice to see it though, as it calls to mind Julie Newmar which isn't a bad thing.

And of course she will function as Batman's ally for a significant part of the movie- but I'm sure at the end, Nolan will make it clear that her motives or allegiances are more mercurial.

This aspect is as big a no-brainer, imo, as anticipating Rachel Dawes being killed to trigger Dent's switch.
Old 08-05-11, 08:05 PM

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

it's Anne Hathaway wearing tight clothing, wearing goggles/glasses on Batmans motorcycle, don't see the big deal here, i'm sure she will be wearing different things throughout the movie

i didn't even want her character in this movie and i don't have a problem with it
Old 08-05-11, 08:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: Home of the 2009 Stanley Cup & Vince Lombardi trophy!!!

They trashed Heinz field for the movie:

http://www.wpxi.com/video/28777620/index.html
Old 08-05-11, 08:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Hokeyboy
Any more Hathaway shots in skintight black leather and thigh-high boots, the pics won't be the only thing leaking...

Originally Posted by dvdsteve2000

Whoa! Looking forward to the scene that causes that!
Old 08-05-11, 10:04 PM

It's weird, in one video it looked like it was an indentation in the ground, but in a video shown on "Batman On Film" which was a full story about it, it looked raised.

So Hines Ward goes from "Dancing With The Stars" winner, to being busted for a DUI, to making a TDKR cameo.

Sweet.
Old 08-05-11, 10:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 117 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by dvdsteve2000

Looks to me like they built on top of the field to make it appear that way... probably a pretty easy clean up really.

There's no way they would completely trash the field this close to football season. I mean the Bears couldn't even PRACTICE on Soldier Field today, and they've had all summer to take care of their grass
Old 08-05-11, 11:33 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,366 Likes on 928 Posts

yeah, that looks like a field on top of a field.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.