Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Beverly Hills Cop: Axel F (2024, D: Molloy) S: Murphy -- Netflix

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Beverly Hills Cop: Axel F (2024, D: Molloy) S: Murphy -- Netflix

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-08, 12:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you think BHC3 is better than BHC2, you're out of your mind.

The original, of course, by far, is the best; but BHC2 is just so mean spirited that I actually like it.
Old 05-30-08, 01:35 AM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I remember BHC2 being really boring.
Old 05-30-08, 02:55 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,641 Likes on 2,613 Posts
The only way BHC4 will be successful is if it's produced really cheap (under $50M budget) I cannot see this being a huge hit at all.

They also need to bring back Serge.
Old 05-30-08, 03:15 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by Suprmallet
...I'll see this one, but only if it has Judge Reinhold. I hope he's not too busy hosting Mock Trial to be in it.
Old 05-30-08, 07:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 239 Likes on 175 Posts
I really need to see part III again. Don't remember it being too great but seems to be some love here. I'll still see part IV.
Old 05-30-08, 08:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 481 Likes on 353 Posts
Wow, some people actually liked BH Cop III?

I thought it was pretty bad. And it wasn't very funny.

After the failure (on all levels) of BH Cop III a good script would seem to be a prerequisite to even considering greenlighting this one, but it looks like they're going to force the issue and just go with the best they can come up with before the start date for shooting.

Count me as a skeptic.
Old 05-30-08, 11:22 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Someone suggested Bay on AICN and I actually liked the idea of it being a really 21st century, balls-out action movie, ala Bad Boys II, which I think is a truly awesome and hilarious exercise in how over-the-top and excessive you can possibly make a summer movie.

As long as it's rated R, though, I'll give it a chance.
Old 05-30-08, 11:25 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
The problem is that Axel Foley has now been to Beverly Hills so many times it's like a second home to him. Each trip back to the well really decreases the whole "fish out of water" charm of the original.
Old 05-30-08, 11:40 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
I think people are being sarcastic when they state they liked BEVERLY HILLS COP 3.

As far as sequels go, BHC 3 was on par with SUPERMAN III: unfunny, amateurish, boring and just plain embarrassing. The scenes with Serge were beyond contived and awful. The stunt work and special effects of Murphy jumping all over that ride was stunningly bad.
Old 05-30-08, 12:00 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by DieselsDen
I think people are being sarcastic when they state they liked BEVERLY HILLS COP 3.

As far as sequels go, BHC 3 was on par with SUPERMAN III: unfunny, amateurish, boring and just plain embarrassing. The scenes with Serge were beyond contived and awful. The stunt work and special effects of Murphy jumping all over that ride was stunningly bad.
I've tried to get through the movie twice now and the ride sequence is what killed my enthusiasm last time. With this announcement I'll give it another shot, but I'm definitely not starting from the beginning...
Old 05-30-08, 12:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by big whoppa
Gee, more 80's nostalgia sequels? I predict the same formulaic dreck for the Summer movie audiences.
Would you rather they were remaking BHC? At least we're getting familiar faces inhabiting roles we loved, and not some fresh-faced shithead with last week's #1 downloaded rap ringtone.
Old 05-30-08, 12:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by DieselsDen

You are wrong. I did like it. Is that so hard to believe? I never said it was high art, but I enjoyed. In the end, thats what matters.
Old 05-30-08, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hey, to each their own. I thought for a Landis romp with Eddie Murphy who was just past his prime and with Judge Reinhold you couldn't go wrong, but damn it if I wasn't way off.

BHC1&2 are some of my all-time favorite films.. BHC2 to me is a lot like the first one, and has a lot of charm. Cop III was a boring piece of mind-numbing drivel. Eddie Murphy himself thinks it was crap and Landis isn't too proud of it.

I seem to remember back in 1994 there was a lot of hoopla and anticipation for it.. but it fell flat. I honestly didn't see it until 2001 or so when I got the DVD in a trade here for something. Needless to say I traded it again.. haha.

What was Eddie Murphy's last R-rated flick? I know it's been awhile.. I see this with a PG-13.. Brett Ratner hasn't done anything R since Money Talks.
Old 05-30-08, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by droidguy1119
Someone suggested Bay on AICN and I actually liked the idea of it being a really 21st century, balls-out action movie, ala Bad Boys II, which I think is a truly awesome and hilarious exercise in how over-the-top and excessive you can possibly make a summer movie.
I would love Bad Boys II if it was 30 minutes shorter.
Old 05-30-08, 12:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Matthew Chmiel
The only film besides Titanic that made my ass numb in the theater.
Old 05-30-08, 03:08 PM
Suspended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I hope this is the one where he goes to London. How many times can he go solve crimes out of his jurisdiction. Or maybe he transfers to the Beverly Hills PD. However they do it I'm sure it will suck. Lethal Weapon 4 sure did.
Old 05-30-08, 03:14 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by mcfly
What was Eddie Murphy's last R-rated flick? I know it's been awhile.. I see this with a PG-13.. Brett Ratner hasn't done anything R since Money Talks.
I think his last R-Rated film was Metro. Coincidentally that was also his last good film. I really like Metro myself and think its better than all the BHC moves but thats just me.
Old 05-30-08, 03:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,023 Likes on 813 Posts
Originally Posted by mcfly
Life w/ Martin Lawrence.
Old 05-30-08, 03:28 PM
Banned

^Crap.Forgot about Life. That one was pretty good as well.
Old 05-30-08, 03:29 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by Matthew Chmiel
I tried to do a fan edit but my program wasn't the best. But yeah, Bad Boys II is equally Grand Guginol in it's 147m runtime as it is in everything else.
Old 05-30-08, 03:56 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Groucho
The problem is that Axel Foley has now been to Beverly Hills so many times it's like a second home to him. Each trip back to the well really decreases the whole "fish out of water" charm of the original.
Also during the 80's Eddie Murphy was the only wise cracking black star, so that helped when the public flocked to see those BHC movies. You knew you in store for some funny times with some foul humor. But now since the 90's we have a whole lot of wise cracking black films with foul humor. So the fan base may not be there.
Old 05-30-08, 06:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by KillerCannibal
Would you rather they were remaking BHC? At least we're getting familiar faces inhabiting roles we loved, and not some fresh-faced shithead with last week's #1 downloaded rap ringtone.
No, I'd rather Hollywood come up with some fresh ideas. Yeah, maybe that is asking for too much. BHC was good in its time. So was Rocky but it's time to come up with another big franchise instead of reviving the dead.
Old 05-30-08, 07:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Groucho
Maybe they could have him have permanently transferred to the Beverly Hills PD in the mid-'90s and then have to solve a crime back in Detroit... and realize how much he's "gone native" in Beverly Hills. I dunno.
Old 05-30-08, 07:42 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

I suggested this as a joke, but if Ratner is directing I think I almost would be amused if he made "Beverly Hills Rush Hour".
Old 05-31-08, 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by big whoppa
Gee, more 80's nostalgia sequels? I predict the same formulaic dreck for the Summer movie audiences.
Couldn't agree more. I have enjoyed some of them (Rambo) and have found others to be useless (IJ: KOTCS) and still don't know how I feel about the Terminator reboot (holding out hope because Bale is in it). BHC4 sounds like total crap and a cash in.

That being said why can't they make a sequel from an 80s classic that would be worthwhile: THE MONSTER SQUAD 2 anyone?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.