Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Beverly Hills Cop: Axel F (2024, D: Molloy) S: Murphy -- Netflix

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Beverly Hills Cop: Axel F (2024, D: Molloy) S: Murphy -- Netflix

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-08, 12:16 AM
Suspended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mrflix
That being said why can't they make a sequel from an 80s classic that would be worthwhile: THE MONSTER SQUAD 2 anyone?
Fuck just do a Monster Squad remake. Please cast Michael Cera and Seth Rogen though if it happens.
Old 06-04-08, 08:33 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah, it's gonna suck.

http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2008/06/03...-brett-ratner/

All of you who saw the original films before you were 17 raise your hand (probably a lot of you, including me).

If he means his words by aiming it towards kids, then fuck him gently with a chainsaw. If not, then hooray for re-introducing a new generation to the good ol' Eddie Murphy filth of yore!
Old 06-04-08, 09:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Well, Murphy has been doing family movies for ages now.
Old 06-04-08, 10:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I figured that if we saw a 4th film Murphy wouldn't be the lead. Are the people who grew up with Murphy and now have kids enjoying the fact that they can see a once perverse and hysterical actor pump out less than average films that they can now watch with their kids? Looking at his IMDB page really makes me wish he'd get over this kid friendly kick. I realize that he had kids and wanted them to enjoy his movies but one day they may watch a movie he made before 2000. The Shrek movies are littered with sexual jokes and The Hunted Mansion had a story I'm not sure a kid would want to see/enjoy. I've given most of his recent films a chance but I'm tired of wasting 2 hours and then having to go back and watching something like Coming To America to remind me what the man is capable of.

BHCIII was utter garbage. I only own the DVD because it came in the set with the first two. I tried giving it a second chance when the DVDs came out but it just lacks any of the rough charm that the first two had.
Old 06-04-08, 11:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Well.. if he's serious, and wants another bomb on his hands.. then PG is the way to go. That will also guarantee that I won't be there to see it.. if the studio was smart, they'd do what the fans wants.
Old 06-04-08, 11:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Zen Peckinpah
All of you who saw the original films before you were 17 raise your hand (probably a lot of you, including me).
Most of the movies I saw when I was young were rated R.

Thanks HBO!
Old 06-05-08, 10:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by UAIOE
Most of the movies I saw when I was young were rated R.

Thanks HBO!
God bless growing up in the late 80s and early 90s.
Old 06-05-08, 08:11 PM

I haven't seen on of the BHC movies, but I don't get why people will not see it if it's rated pg-13. I'm having flashbacks of Aaron Amos.

A movie can be good without the language, sex, and over the top violence.
The following users liked this post:
MysterioMan007 (09-07-22)
Old 06-05-08, 10:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

You must not be familiar with a film called "Robocop 3".
Old 06-05-08, 10:47 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by UAIOE
You must not be familiar with a film called "Robocop 3".
A movie which reduced the non-kid-friendly, violently brilliant satire of the original and its decent, if stupid, sequel down to the merit of a mediocre episode of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

Hence why going from a vulgar Eddie Murphy and a mean-spirited Tony Scott-directed sequel to a PC'd, Brett Ratner-directed movie is an atrocious idea.

Then again, the Eddie Murphy of today and Brett Ratner are probably a match made in heav...I mean hell.
Old 06-06-08, 12:05 AM

Originally Posted by scott1598
the series went downhill after 2
along with Murphy's career, save "Dreamgirls".
WHAT?!?!?!

But hes given us such gems as:
Norbit
Daddy Day Care
DR Dolittle
Nutty Professors 2

How can you dare say such things?
Old 06-06-08, 11:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

We can always hope for "The Adventures of Pluto Nash 2".

Won't he have to change his name since "Pluto" was denied its planet status and is therefore no longer "sci-fi"?
Old 06-06-08, 11:45 PM

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by Layziebones
WHAT?!?!?!

But hes given us such gems as:
Norbit
Daddy Day Care
DR Dolittle
Nutty Professors 2

How can you dare say such things?
saw some of Norbit, it's so bad that it's funny, really.

I liked the Nutty Professor movies. didn't see the other ones (no interest).
Old 06-07-08, 12:10 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Originally Posted by Lee Harvey Oswald
I haven't seen on of the BHC movies, but I don't get why people will not see it if it's rated pg-13. I'm having flashbacks of Aaron Amos.

A movie can be good without the language, sex, and over the top violence.
Yes a movie can be great without those things. That's not the issue. The problem arises when taking a main character that was established twenty years ago that embodies all those things.

I recommend watching at least the first and come back and let us know if a PG-13 movie would be acceptable.
Old 06-07-08, 01:09 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
What was so R-rated about the original anyway? Unlike Die Hard, which is a nonstop stream of profanity and blood, the only thing I really remember was the murder of the guy at the beginning and maybe an f-bomb or two. It's the sequels to BHC that really upped the R-rated ante from what I remember, anyway.

I mean, I'm not for taking an R franchise and toning it down, but I think the PG-13 is more flexible these days than it was when BHC came out (if it even existed then), so I think 99.9% of the stuff in the original, at least, could fly in a PG-13 today.
Old 06-07-08, 12:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by droidguy1119
What was so R-rated about the original anyway? Unlike Die Hard, which is a nonstop stream of profanity and blood, the only thing I really remember was the murder of the guy at the beginning and maybe an f-bomb or two. It's the sequels to BHC that really upped the R-rated ante from what I remember, anyway.
I haven't seen the first one in a little while but there's definitely more than an f-bomb or two. It's littered with profanity.. the way a BHC movie is supposed to be.
Old 06-07-08, 12:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 216 Likes on 155 Posts
There's the strip club too... these were a little before my time, so I really don't care about a 4. I don't blame Murphy for trying a cash grab and another shot at the spotlight...it's worked pretty well for the recent part 4's we've gotten. Still, I'd just be happy doing Shrek sequels forever if I were him, but I guess you just can't let fame go once you've had it...
Old 06-07-08, 03:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yes, a lot of boobies.
Old 06-16-08, 07:48 PM

I watched Beverly Hills cop 3 on cable this weekend and I forgot just how BAD it was. I noticed that George Lucas is in it. My friend said every movie that guy touches is shitty... Which I agreed ( I guess everthing after Indy 3)
Old 06-17-08, 11:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 325 Likes on 243 Posts
Originally Posted by danstheday
I watched Beverly Hills cop 3 on cable this weekend and I forgot just how BAD it was. I noticed that George Lucas is in it. My friend said every movie that guy touches is shitty... Which I agreed ( I guess everthing after Indy 3)
I still have no idea who thought John Landis was a good directorial fit for the franchise.
Old 12-01-08, 10:43 AM
Suspended

"Beverly Hills Cop 4" Story Details

With a fourth "Beverly Hills Cop" aiming for a 2010 release, Latino Review has scored an early look at "Wanted" scribes Michael Brandt and Derek Haas' script for this new adventure of Axel Foley (Eddie Murphy).

The storyline of the new one kicks off when Foley's former partner Billy Rosewood (Judge Reinhold) leaping off the twentieth story of Los Angeles Police HQ. Foley, who refuses to believe it was a suicide, returns to LA to find who did it.

Foley has a new partner named Goodwin, a fat rookie with low self-esteem who has a crush on a lady cop. There's also the wise-cracking limo driver Elliott who adds comic relief, and a scheme that involves corrupt LAPD cops and a rich kid with military links who're into arms dealing.

Lorenzo DiBonaventura produces and Brett Ratner is slated to direct. Murphy's return is unsure at present and the review itself paints a very bad picture of the project.
Old 12-01-08, 11:03 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Ronnie Dobbs
The storyline of the new one kicks off when Foley's former partner Billy Rosewood (Judge Reinhold) leaping off the twentieth story of Los Angeles Police HQ.
Old 12-01-08, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by Ronnie Dobbs

"Beverly Hills Cop 4" Story Details

With a fourth "Beverly Hills Cop" aiming for a 2010 release, Latino Review has scored an early look at "Wanted" scribes Michael Brandt and Derek Haas' script for this new adventure of Axel Foley (Eddie Murphy).

The storyline of the new one kicks off when Foley's former partner Billy Rosewood (Judge Reinhold) leaping off the twentieth story of Los Angeles Police HQ. Foley, who refuses to believe it was a suicide, returns to LA to find who did it.

Foley has a new partner named Goodwin, a fat rookie with low self-esteem who has a crush on a lady cop. There's also the wise-cracking limo driver Elliott who adds comic relief, and a scheme that involves corrupt LAPD cops and a rich kid with military links who're into arms dealing.

Lorenzo DiBonaventura produces and Brett Ratner is slated to direct. Murphy's return is unsure at present and the review itself paints a very bad picture of the project.
This whole concept just sounds terrible.

Eddie Murphy's probably upset that they won't let him play the roles of the fat rookie and the wise-cracking limo driver.
Old 12-01-08, 12:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Seems a little dark to have Rosewood kill himself in a movie series that is generally considered comedy with action in it.

Why not do a reverse. Have Rosewood go to Detroit to solve a case (yes, i know it is similar to Rush Hour).
Old 12-01-08, 12:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The plot should be about Axel Foley going to Los Angeles to find out what the hell happened to Eddie Murphy's career

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.