Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

'Vicky Cristina Barcelona' Penelope Cruz and Scarlett Johansson les scene, I'm There!

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

'Vicky Cristina Barcelona' Penelope Cruz and Scarlett Johansson les scene, I'm There!

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-08, 08:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Mira Sorvino talking about anal sex?... holy crap!!! was that in that 'Aphrodite' movie?...

i saw a movie with a lesbian scene where Anne Heche and the Joan Chen appeared to actually be going at it...

i doubt i'll see this one...
Old 05-18-08, 12:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Scarlett Johansson needs to work with more directors.
Old 05-18-08, 12:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
This movie looks awful. I'll wait for a YouTube clip of just that scene. I wouldn't waste my money on this garbage.
Old 06-05-08, 09:24 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rated PG-13 for mature thematic material involving sexuality, and smoking.

Well, looks like I'll be waiting for the DVd now.
Old 06-05-08, 04:22 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 110 Likes on 99 Posts
I will see this for sure, but I would kill to see this cast in a film directed by Almodovar, and set in Barcelona.
Old 06-05-08, 05:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah, if Almodovar was the director this would be a really good movie.
Old 06-05-08, 05:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

too bad it's not Paz Vega and Scarlett...

in an NC-17 movie...
Old 06-05-08, 11:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Dr Mabuse
too bad it's not Paz Vega and Scarlett...

in an NC-17 movie...
well if you just want Paz Vega, go for Sex and Lucia.
Old 06-07-08, 12:30 AM
DVD Talk Hero

God damnit Woody
Woody Allen has denied rumours of racy sex scenes between Penelope Cruz and Scarlett Johansson in upcoming movie Vicky Cristina Barcelona.

Johansson and Cruz appear in a steamy scene together as well as taking part in a threesome with Spanish actor Javier Bardem, according to reports.

The director admits that the film does feature a lesbian clinch - but "not in the sense that they're (the press) suggesting."

And the 72-year-old dismisses claims that it is "steamy", telling Britain's Empire magazine, "There's no truth comparable to anything you've read. There's the barest smidgeon of sex in it.

"There are sex scenes between all the characters in the movie: between the men and the women, and the women and the women. That is accurate, but I'd say there's probably not even 20 seconds of sex in the whole picture."
Old 06-10-08, 02:24 PM

This is sad. One of our great directors makes a film with a great cast that, by all appearances, looks to be an interesting new direction for him after the thematic retread of Cassandra's Dream, and all anyone can talk about is the sex scene (or lack thereof). I'm very excited for this film, and I'm very glad that after Match Point Woody is at least back in the public eye for the sake of his films rather than his private life, even if it doesn't necessarily translate into a big box office, and even if people are mostly still talking about the wrong things.
Old 06-16-08, 05:32 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Old 06-17-08, 03:20 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Great poster. Just a simple photograph. Love it better than the big floating heads concept.
Old 06-17-08, 04:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
great sideboob
Old 06-18-08, 12:48 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

2nd Trailer.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PvDMXD7kSXQ&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PvDMXD7kSXQ&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Old 06-18-08, 01:50 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Check out the trailer in HD:

http://www.davestrailerpage.co.uk/
Old 01-26-09, 07:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: 'Vicky Cristina Barcelona' Penelope Cruz and Scarlett Johansson les scene, I'm Th

I caught this on DVD and thought this ranks up there with Woody Allen's worst. I liked Scoop, I liked Anything Else, and I thought Match Point was decent while Cassandra's Dream meandered into the same themes of Match Point and really added nothing to the mix.

This movie is just a 90 minute excuse to get Scarlett Johnanssen and Penelope Cruz to lock lips. And it's underwhelming. It hardly takes up any screen time at all. What takes up the rest of the screen time is one of the most pointless stories ever put to film, if it can even be called a story. Woody Allen clearly made this just to get two women together on film that he likes to jerk one off to. This is a vanity project, plain and simple.

And another thing that just has grown to bug me about Woody Allen movies...they tend to have characters that real people just cannot relate to at all. And the dialog was just atrocious, written as it to make the characters sound more intelligent than they are but they just come off sounding idiotic.

There just is no point to this movie...no real plot, and no real story. When Woody makes a good movie, he makes a great movie. Zelig and Purple Rose of Cairo are just two off the top of my head that are just fantastic. His more recent movies have been really terrible.

I rented this, thankfully I didn't pay for it. I heard good reviews and am confounded how it got any good reviews at all. I'd rather sit thought the third Mummy movie than watch this crap fest again.
Old 01-26-09, 08:20 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Re: 'Vicky Cristina Barcelona' Penelope Cruz and Scarlett Johansson les scene, I'm Th

Did you not search? This is the reviews thead.
Old 01-26-09, 10:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by The Bus
Did you not search? This is the reviews thead.
I did. And this was the first thread I found. And as long as I've been around here it seems new threads NEVER get started on movies. I see threads about the stupid teaser trailer stay open and new threads are never started for when the movie comes out, or when the DVD comes out.

Guess I got used to the norm of things like that!
Old 01-27-09, 05:07 PM

My one goal this past weekend was to on-demand this movie and watch it and of course I didn't get around to doing so. I want to see this movie so bad. The cast lineup is amazing and the story seems really interesting!