Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Land of the Dead TRAILER is HERE!!!

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Land of the Dead TRAILER is HERE!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-05, 10:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
the trailer doesn't play or download for me - figures. I even tried that link posted a few posts up.
Old 04-30-05, 12:55 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 734 Likes on 569 Posts
To each their own. I just never saw what was so great about this woman. I remember hearing so much about her and beeing so disappointed when I finally saw her. To me she's nothing short of ugly.
Old 04-30-05, 01:23 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
alternate trailer page
The Yahoo link is dead.
http://www.landofthedeadmovie.net/
Old 04-30-05, 03:29 PM

I read part of one of the drafts of the screenplay and that big zombie with the blue coverall and the bald head is the "lead zombie". He leads the zombies to go after the folks held up in the skyscraper. I'm not sure I like this whole "zombies" communicating with each other thing, but who cares? I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE IT!
Old 04-30-05, 04:49 PM

Ya know, I rarely go to the theater. Havent been since T3. But I just can not allow myself to wait for the DVD for Land. Yay, I have atleast one thing to do this summer!
Old 04-30-05, 08:17 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Trailer got be pumped. I agree, RE soundtrack suck the life out of it. But I think Universal doesn't understand this-this hype for 20 years of waiting for a new Dead film by Romero-so mismarketing to get a mass audience is somewhat understandable. They want a hit; zombie movies have been hot recently, so why not treat it as a Dawn of the Dead (thier remake hit).

I believe this will be good, and probably be his Episode I-with tons of distractors. As long as he got to do what he wanted, then it should be great. I expect a 50/50 reaction, then as time moves along, people will accept it more like they did with Day.
Old 05-01-05, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by RyoHazuki
What an odd trailer. The first half is very well done, very creepy. The second half is loud rock music and quick cuts of explosions and gunfire.
That's what's called good marketing... The first half is for Romero's fans, getting them back into the spirit of the films... The second part if for the brain dead movie patrons, that decide what movies they're going to see by how loud the music is and how close the trailer's flash-cuts brings them to an epileptic seizure.

The flick looks very cool and I can't wait.

FYI - The trailer hit theaters this past Friday as well. Unfortunatly it's attached to xXx: State of the Union.
Old 05-01-05, 01:52 PM
Banned

Yeah, Mikewendt hit it on the nose about the trailer.
Those loud trailers are for the MTV crowd.
Old 05-09-05, 11:57 AM

Received 112 Likes on 91 Posts
US 1-sheet:

Old 05-09-05, 12:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Maybe I'm in the minority, but it looks like every other run of the mill horror movie these days.
Old 05-09-05, 12:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 392 Likes on 279 Posts
Originally Posted by Tarantino
Maybe I'm in the minority, but it looks like every other run of the mill horror movie these days.
Hmmm. Might be. The trailer is pretty standard. Romero is making it. To me, Dawn' and Day' were always pretty conventional films. If you want oddball zombies, check out Return of the Living Dead.

On the other hand, I'm expecting a formula. Limited firepower. A small group of the 'good guy' hippie-inspired guys, who just want to leave the zombies alone. A beaurocratic bad guy, who's chow in some retaliatory zombie situation. And don't forget the bad ass escape vehicle that gets welded together.

It's going to be good. Looks like LOTS of fun. I'm hoping it's the movie that I go to see over and over this summer.

If it's as good as the Dawn' remake, I'll be more than satisfied.
Old 05-10-05, 09:40 AM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by wm lopez
Yeah, Mikewendt hit it on the nose about the trailer.
Those loud trailers are for the MTV crowd.
like the trailer for Mr. and Mrs. Smith - that editor needed his or her ritalin... or something.
Old 06-09-05, 08:02 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

A longer, gorier version of the trailer. Check it out, looks good.

http://www.lotdunseen.com/#

Edit: Here's a link to some new TV spots also.

http://www.themoviebox.net/movies/20...ad/trailer.php

Last edited by jaeufraser; 06-09-05 at 08:29 PM.
Old 06-09-05, 08:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm sure this will be great. However I'm worried that it won't do well. They promoted the hell of the remake, you couldn't avoid it. This is coming out in a few weeks? I think so unless it changed, and I don't see anything for it. Zombie movies have been very sucessful, and the poor guy who invented it, barely got it made and now its being treated like a Woody Allen movie. By the way Melinda and Melinda was a great effort for Allen and it played on about 30 screens. Sad really.
Old 06-10-05, 09:36 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by jaeufraser
Thanks for posting that. After finishing reading The Rising this afternoon and just now watching the LotD trailer, I'm pumped for some zombie goodness.
Old 06-11-05, 07:09 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

My question is: was Romero more or less left alone by the studio to make the film he's always wanted to make? If he was, this is going to be a good film. I've always been amazed at Romero's ability to make a solid film on a sub-shoestring budget, as long as he's not interfered with. It's when the studios give him big budgets coupled with their own option at final cut that his work gets spotty, IMHO.
Old 06-11-05, 09:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by jaeufraser

http://www.lotdunseen.com/#

The "Big Daddy" version doesn't seem to work.
Old 06-11-05, 09:22 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
I think the real question here is if it's going to be able to live up to the modern expectation and image of a Zombie film.

They had some negative feedback from the whole running zombies in the remake. But in all truths, you need that rush in zombies to maintain some level of scares in zombie films in this day and age.

Will the public and the zombie fans accept zombies thinking and working together? will they accept zombie with guns and using other objects? It's all a question about if Romero has what it takes. Looking at his Non-zombie films of the last years, it's really an up hill battle if you ask me and I'm a zombie/romero fan.
Old 06-11-05, 09:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by SunMonkey
Yeah. Big Daddy didn't work.

...and I hate how I can't watch Quick Time in full screen.

...but Romero is the man...

...this is gonna be great!
Old 06-11-05, 09:52 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by SunMonkey
That's odd. It worked for me right before I posted it.