Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Land of the Dead TRAILER is HERE!!!

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Land of the Dead TRAILER is HERE!!!

Old 04-28-05, 12:39 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What will it be rated?
Old 04-28-05, 12:46 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

It'll be rated R. But part of his agreement for doing the film and delivering an R rated theatrical cut was that he could shoot the film as he wanted for a future DVD release. So, there's bound to be gore, but we won't see it fully til the DVD unless they do a limted theatrical release. That would be sweet.
Old 04-28-05, 01:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 361 Likes on 304 Posts
trailer looks neat.

anyone know who is doing makeup/gore effects for this film?
Old 04-28-05, 01:25 AM

KNB EFX Group is doing the makeup/gore effects.
Old 04-28-05, 03:16 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Cygnet74
looks to be filled with all the old MTV-style horror scares.
Don't start! It seems to upset some people!
Old 04-28-05, 07:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: (formerly known as Inglenook Hampendick) Fairbanks, Alaska!
Received 507 Likes on 351 Posts
Raaarrgghhhh!!!!!

Old 04-28-05, 07:56 AM

Whoa...excellent trailer. I had my doubts about this film until now. It's definately a must-see for me this year.
Old 04-28-05, 08:00 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Hard to get excited when half the trailer are clips from old movies, and the other half just has a bunch of random flashes. Still, I'll see this nonetheless.
Old 04-28-05, 08:52 AM

Received 97 Likes on 80 Posts
Awesome...can't wait for this!
Old 04-28-05, 08:55 AM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 904 Likes on 765 Posts
i just hope its not the "Dawn" remake retread. even though i loved the remake, i want something different from this, but i do look forward to it, just hope there is originality and not geared to the more recents..."Dawn" (04), "Shaun". "28 Days Later", etc..
Old 04-28-05, 08:59 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Zombies, Man.....

Creep Me Out!!
Old 04-28-05, 09:09 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Spamcola
I'm a big DEAD fan but this trailer does nothing for me. Aside from the little retro clips this trailer could be for Resident Evil 3 and no one would know the difference.
Old 04-28-05, 09:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 239 Likes on 175 Posts
Count me in!
Zombies man.......
Gotta love'em
Old 04-28-05, 09:23 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts
Cool. I know what I'm doing June 24th.
Old 04-28-05, 09:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 243 Likes on 178 Posts
I have to admit,i found Night to be boring and Dawn to be OK at best (haven't seen Day),but the new trailer looks pretty good.I will probably end up checking it out.
Old 04-28-05, 09:51 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The trailer didn't really do much for me, maybe I was expecting too much. I will still go see it (unless reviews are in the crapper) but I am still worried that Romero may make a merely ok or forgettable sequel and cause a stop to the recent stream of cool zombie flicks.

At this point, Romero's Dead movies resemble Lucas' original trilogy in the way they are worshipped by the fans. These same fans are expecting a LOT so can it live up to the expectations?
Old 04-28-05, 11:05 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Dammit! The zombies get an AUG and I don't? Life's not fair.
Old 04-28-05, 11:16 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 478 Likes on 314 Posts
Originally Posted by freudguy
At this point, Romero's Dead movies resemble Lucas' original trilogy in the way they are worshipped by the fans. These same fans are expecting a LOT so can it live up to the expectations?
That just about says it. I know I'll go see it, but I don't expect to enjoy it all that much. I know that there is no way it could resemble Night, Dawn, Day because:

a)Those movies are 20-30 years old
b)I am no longer 12

Hopefully I'll be surprised. I've noticed that many of my favorite movies had real shitty trailers.
Old 04-28-05, 11:17 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I agree that this trailer doedn't look very good but I think that is b/c it's a product of today's shitty mainstream marketing & studios. They have to make it look more like a typical action movie as oppose to classic Romero gory zombie flick.

That said, the movie has zombies & Asia Argento in it. About the only way I can get more excited for this movie is if somehow they could get work Batman into the picture.
Old 04-28-05, 11:43 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

You know Night, Dawn, and Day are all very different movies. Not really all that similar, they just all have that Romero touch to it and zombies. I think it is very silly to compare the two series and the fans. Not all the fans worship all the movies, some only like Night, most prefer Dawn, plenty hate on Day, and a few prefer Day.

Also, both sets of fans expect different things from the films. With Lucas the concern is fudging up the story and making it silly and unlike Star Wars. The fans care about the characters, and want them treated properly.

With the Romero the concern is mainly good zombie effects, good characters, and an interesting story with an interesting take on the world. He's much more free to do what he wants, and not stepping on fan expectations. Lets not forget Day was pretty badly received, yet it is Romero's favorite. Plus I think Romero genuinely wants to make a great zombie movie. Lucas seems to (atleast partially) want to make the SW films to just get them done. They really have different reasons for making them.
Old 04-28-05, 12:29 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Originally Posted by Sessa17
I agree that this trailer doedn't look very good but I think that is b/c it's a product of today's shitty mainstream marketing & studios. They have to make it look more like a typical action movie as oppose to classic Romero gory zombie flick.
i cut trailers for a living, making something look "typical" is the antithesis of what we aim to do. the problem usually lies in the films themselves. have you heard the expression, "you can't polish a turd"?

that being said, i am proud to say that i did not cut this trailer. whoever did has no understanding or respect for time-pressure seeing as their "rhythm" was built with cuts, not shots.

Last edited by Cygnet74; 04-28-05 at 12:39 PM.
Old 04-28-05, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by Cygnet74
i cut trailers for a living, making something look "typical" is the antithesis of what we aim to do.
That's not the impression I get watching trailers. Every movie seems to be marketed as a clone of an earlier movie (whether it actually is or not). They often even include quotes like "It's Pretty Woman meets Silence of the Lambs!" Very few trailers make any effort to make the movie appear original or unique.

Oh, and another thing: it's not necessary to give away every single plot point and surprise in the trailer! If I were made "Trailer King" tomorrow, my first act would be to forbid the inclusion of any footage past the first 30 minutes or so of the movie. Example:

Cast Away teaser: Perfect
Cast Away trailer: Garbage
Old 04-28-05, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by Groucho
That's not the impression I get watching trailers. Every movie seems to be marketed as a clone of an earlier movie (whether it actually is or not). They often even include quotes like "It's Pretty Woman meets Silence of the Lambs!" Very few trailers make any effort to make the movie appear original or unique.
most movies ARE clones of an earlier movie. and appear even more so when you have to distill it down to 2 minutes and 30 seconds. in seven years i have never worked on or even seen a trailer that said something like "pretty woman meets silence of the lambs." perhaps you are thinking of critic quotes in tv spots? those are a whole different animal. i can tell you that the trailers that come my way are all approached in a way to reveal what is both familiar and unique about the story and characters -- Sideways and Sin City were ideal pictures to work on. most pictures aren't because they have very few original elements.

Last edited by Cygnet74; 04-28-05 at 12:48 PM.
Old 04-28-05, 12:50 PM

Just one example: Anything Else. The trailer for this Woody Allen film was put together in such a way to make it look like a "typical" teen comedy in the vein of the American Pie movies. Allen's name wasn't even mentioned.
Old 04-28-05, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by Groucho
Just one example: Anything Else. The trailer for this Woody Allen film was put together in such a way to make it look like a "typical" teen comedy in the vein of the American Pie movies. Allen's name wasn't even mentioned.
well, i didn't cut it. and i don't know who did. what did you think of the sideways and sin city trailers?

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.