Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Star Wars trailer on Thurs during The OC

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Star Wars trailer on Thurs during The OC

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-05, 06:00 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by scott shelton
At first I thought the Vader-crossing-his-arms things at the end of the trailer was odd.

But I go here today http://x-entertainment.com/articles/0926/

And that's how Vader is posed! Maybe it isn't such an odd thing.
he looks sooo gangsta!!

Old 03-11-05, 06:09 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whoever said Vader looks gay crossing his arms.... I feel he looks more gay when he puts his hands on his hips in the OT.
Old 03-11-05, 06:14 PM
Suspended

Location: You have moved into a dark place. It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
I have a "signed" photo of Vader from when they were doing the shopping mall tours back in the early 80s, and in the photo Vader is standing there with his arms folded, which is why I cheered when I saw the trailer - because I had to laugh in delight at that little piece of "oh-so-Vader" business even if he's never folded his arms in one of the films before.

That's SO Vader!

Yeah, there's nothing in alt.binaries.hdtv except for the PDTV clip I linked to above. That seems to be the one that's going around the most.

I'd LOVE to see an HD clip of this in xvid or vob format.
Old 03-11-05, 06:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 165 Likes on 118 Posts
Great trailer, I'm actually willing to admit to liking 75-80% of Episode II (and MAYBE 50% of Episode I), so I'm actually looking forward to this without any of the usual fanboy emotions of hand-wringing guilt, emotional childhood rape trauma or burned-but-optimistic nonsense.
Old 03-11-05, 06:53 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Even with the arm crossing you can't keep a star wars fanboy down. Whatever, just looked odd to me...never saw it happen on the silver screen....this is the same vader right? (not talking actor wise)
Old 03-11-05, 08:27 PM
Retired

Originally Posted by Sessa17
And Jack, just b/c somone doesn't agree with you, doesn't mean they are bitching about something for the sake of bitching about something, & you are the last guy that should be saying something like that. I don't like him in the film, & I can explain my reasons why.
Bingo. I love the SW movies including the prequels, and I hardly like to bitch. That's just my loan gripe with the other wise fantastic trailer that has me counting the days till midnight May 19.

I pointed out one thing that bugged me. So what. I'm not like some other posters that just come into defend star wars every chance they get in between giving Lucas head.
Old 03-11-05, 08:44 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
I pointed out one thing that bugged me. So what. I'm not like some other posters that just come into defend star wars every chance they get in between giving Lucas head
Such as who? If it's a complaint that seems justified such as wooden acting by Hayden and Ian then I will gladly agree to it. But the complaint against is Sam jackson is that he's just playing himself.... which while he may not be convincing, he isn't playing it like himself. No cracking a smirk or smile after line delivery, no jokes after slicing fetts head off. It's the outside influence that has effected you two's taste in him because he feels "overrated".
Old 03-11-05, 08:50 PM
Retired

Hey, it's just my opinion. I think he's almost always stiff and wooden, unless playing something like his roles in Pulp Fiction (my fave movie) or Jackie Brown.

I have nothing against Sam Jackson really. He just seems out of place here, and his delivery has been terrible for the most part in the Prequels IMO.
Old 03-11-05, 09:24 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I don't like him in the film, & I can explain my reasons why.
More power to you. I have no problem with that. I don't think Jackson has been all that stiff. He's just been Sam Jackson. He is out of place in Star Wars because he's too big of a star, and Star Wars works best with lesser known actors, or character actors. Now if you would have said Portman or Lloyd, I would have agreed with you, or even Hayden during the love scenes in AOTC.

The only part of the trailer I thought off was McDiarmids incredibly slow, methodical, opening lines. I knows he watching an opera while trying to coax Anakin, but he's too slow.

Thank God I found a non-Quicktime version. What a shit software.
Agreed!
Old 03-11-05, 09:32 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
He just seems out of place here, and his delivery has been terrible for the most part in the Prequels IMO.
Who in the prequels hasn't been?
Old 03-11-05, 09:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 204 Likes on 158 Posts
Maybe Sidious and Vader are more than master and apprentice, hmmmm.... it would add so much more depth to the Sith relationships.

Old 03-11-05, 09:55 PM
Suspended

Location: You have moved into a dark place. It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
Originally Posted by Get Me Coffee
Even with the arm crossing you can't keep a star wars fanboy down. Whatever, just looked odd to me...never saw it happen on the silver screen....this is the same vader right? (not talking actor wise)
Well, he is 20 years younger here than we've ever seen him before.
Old 03-11-05, 09:56 PM

I personally have been of the opinion that Jackson has been...well...rather wooden in his line delivery. Sure, one might be solemn and serious, but his line delivery has just been kind of poor. But, he definately looks the part, and it's not cringe inducing so it doesn't bother me too much. But I agree, Jackson seems off IMO. I generally don't think his star element is that distracting. Liam Neeson was a famous star too (he was just as familiar to me at least), and he seemed natural in the Qui Gon role doing the same solemn Jedi bit.

But, on more important issues, that high res transfer of the trailer is gorgeous. I know some people don't like Lucas' packed special effects, but I for one love what he has done with the visuals of the prequels. Some of these battles look downright insane and I can't wait to see what Lucas serves up here. Despite some of the complaints on these films, I still think Lucas has been tops in delivering visual exciting action sequences. This one looks to trump the first two hands down.
Old 03-11-05, 09:57 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Dr. DVD
Maybe Sidious and Vader are more than master and apprentice, hmmmm.... it would add so much more depth to the Sith relationships.

That's why he's wearing the cape - he's wearing buttless chaps underneath.

What, you think Sidious is the bottom? Puh-leaze.
Old 03-11-05, 10:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by steebo777
Supposidly a full HD rip.

It is sooooo beautiful
I figured I'd bump this post... save people some digging... plus it looks gorgeous.

Can't wait!
Old 03-12-05, 12:01 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by MasterCXtreme
I figured I'd bump this post... save people some digging... plus it looks gorgeous.

Can't wait!
not working for me, page doesnt load
Old 03-12-05, 12:41 AM
Premium Member

Received 703 Likes on 467 Posts
Originally Posted by ivelostr2
not working for me, page doesnt load
C'mon people..

Right-click. Save-as.
Old 03-12-05, 01:04 AM
Banned

THere is no HD clip of this because it wasn't broadcast in HD.

And let's lay off the "gay" comments, peeps. Thanks.
Old 03-12-05, 01:10 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Just viewed the trailer. The movie is going to be fun. It is not what life is all about, but it will make a great trip to the theater.
Old 03-12-05, 01:58 AM
Fok
DVD Talk Limited Edition

fucking awesome!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-12-05, 02:01 AM

I'll admit, every time I saw Sam Jackson in the trailer, I didn't think "oh hey there's Mace Windu". I laughed a little and thought "look there's Sam Jackson, back in full serious Jedi mode". He popped out more than any of the others, but really is there any way around it, when he's such a recognizable pop culture figure? If the Mace Windu character had long dreads, a full beard, and a British accent, people would still complain "OMG!! look Sam Jackson with dreads and a beard doing a British accent!!!!!" But instead he looks like the same ol' Sam Jackson from interviews and other movies, just less animated and wearing a funny robe. I think some of us (me included) see him and just automatically expect a wild-eyed look and sarcastic foul-mouthed tirade at some point. Not gonna happen here.

Even though I often think of those Pulp Fiction type characters when I see Sam, I like when he does roles like these 2 SW films that stray from the stereotypial "cool bad-ass" character. One question I have though: does the man ever age? He's 56 but looks almost exactly the same as when I first saw him as the robber in Coming to America. Good genes I guess.

All that being said, I don't mind Sam as Mace Windu at all. I do wish he would have had a beard or something to change his appearance a little from his normal look, but at least he doesn't have the Frederick Douglass-meets-Gumby hair from Unbreakable. Now that was distracting.
Old 03-12-05, 07:47 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Can someone give me a breakdown of what happens in the trailer? I missed it on Thurs., won't be seeing Robots, and am not a Hyperjoke member.

Thanks!!
Old 03-12-05, 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by Toad
Can someone give me a breakdown of what happens in the trailer? I missed it on Thurs., won't be seeing Robots, and am not a Hyperjoke member.

Thanks!!
There are multiple links to d/l the trailer on this thread. Otherwise, go to the EP III thread which has it broken down.
Old 03-12-05, 08:30 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm on dialup dude - the 40MB download would take hours.

I just wanted a brief synopsis without wading through the "Star Wars sucks!!!" bullshit that the other thread has become. I'll find it elsewhere. Thanks though.
Old 03-12-05, 08:45 AM

Trailer recap.

Spoiler:

The Full Trailer:
LFL Logo, Fox logo etc.

A Theta-Class shuttle and three fighters fly by the camera towards Coruscant.

Coruscant, late afternoon, the Republic Executive Office appears for a brief moment.

Palpatine (close-up, speaking very slowly, deliberately, looking straight ahead, watching the ballet)

PALPATINE
...The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be... unnatural.

Anakin closeup (extremely focused on Palpatine's words)

ANAKIN
Is this possible to learn those powers?

Palpatine (close-up, matter-of-factly, facing Anakin)

PALPATINE
Not from a Jedi.

A civilian shuttle turns over the Coruscant cityscape towards the Senate building.

Obi-Wan and Anakin are inside the Temple, walking down stairs.

OBI-WAN
The Council wants you to report on all the Chancellors dealings.

Magna Droids stand with two Battle Droids.

ANAKIN
That's treason.

Palpatine standing up from his chair in his private office.

OBI-WAN
We are at war, Anakin.

The space battle and some explosion where clone-troopers die.

Anakin moves to take a seat in the Chancellor's private viewing box in Galaxies Opera. We see huge spheres of water levitating over stage with dancers inside them.

Mace (voice over, in a grim voice)

MACE
...Very dangerous putting them together...

Palpatine in his office, patting Anakin's shoulder.

MACE
I don't think the boy can handle it...

Mace & Obi in the gunship over Coruscant.

MACE
I don't trust him.

Tri droids blazing guns, Republic fighter exploding, debris flying by.

Palpatine in his office (concerned).

PALPATINE
I need your help, son.

Palpatine walks away from Anakin:

PALPATINE
I'm appointing you to be my personal representative on the Jedi Council.

Anakin standing in the middle of the Jedi Council room. We see him from behind. Ki-Adi-Mundi and Plo-Koon appear holographic with other Jedi Masters present.

MACE
You're on this Council, but we do not grant you the rank of Master.

Kenobi looks away from Anakin's reaction.

ANAKIN (close-up, shocked)
What?

In Padme's apartment - Bedroom.

ANAKIN ( to Padme, bitterly)
Obi-Wan and the Council don't trust me.

Huge gun with clone crew, large explosion aboard ship.

Palpatine (V.O)
Learn to know the dark side of the Force...

Anakin grim and focused, listening; then with Padme, at night on the balcony.

PALPATINE in his office (forcefully)
... And you'll achieve power greater than any Jedi.

Anakin briefly fighting Dooku and then the posse entering private office.

Music stops.

The Jedi ignite lightsabers.

MACE
You're under arrest, Chancellor.

Palpatine in his chair carefully controlling his anger.

PALPATINE
Are you threatening me, Master Jedi?

Close up: lightsaber hilt snaps to Palpatine's hand with audible click.

From now on, 10 drum beats and no other sound - one for each short (second or two) scene

- Posse enter, but this time Sidious jumps in its direction from behind (over) the camera, we only see his back; then Mace in defensive pose;

- Ship (Grievous' fighter) flying away from a planet;

- Obi-Wan in huge control room on Utapau, totally surrounded by battle droids, MagnaGuards and Grievous;

- Capital ships fighting in close quarters, one of them falling down smoking heavily;

- Bail shouting in his speeder, with blaster shots flying by;

- Obi-Wan's fighter flying over Utapau;

- Anakin hanging in the elevator (turbolift) shaft;

- Camera flying down to Mustafar surface;

- Grievous versus Obi-Wan Kenobi duel; we see Grievous from behind only; his fighter and some rocks in the background.

- One-tracked vehicle (tank) speeding on and closing to the camera; Wookiees jump off it, one of them straight on the camera.

Longshot: pillar of smoke over Jedi Temple.

Music returns.

Emperor's voice from the Original Trilogy.

SIDIOUS
Every single Jedi is now an enemy of the Republic...

During this line brief scenes: Sidious' not so pretty face, Obi-Wan looking anxiously at droids closing on him, then Mace with saber and Palpatine's back (his hair indicates strong wind), then Yoda with clones behind his back - they aim blasters at him.

Chewbacca (close-up), roars.

Tantive IV flies by, towards a planet.

PALPATINE (V.O.)
Do what must be done.

During this line: Anakin Skywalker looks very dark and dangerous, in the hood, then leading ranks of troops (shot first from high above and then from ground level, closing to the camera).

PALPATINE (cont.)
Do not hesitate...

During this line: Aayla Secura surrounded by clones who aim blasters at her....

PALPATINE (cont.)
Show no mercy..."

Ki-Adi-Mundi also surrounded by clones; they open fire and he tries to block shots with lightsaber.

Then, Anakin Skywalker approaches the camera, probably in Mustafar bunker, then cutting down two separtists.

OBI-WAN KENOBI (to Yoda inside the Temple):
Who could have done this?

Anakin Skywalker cutting the Neimoidian.

A very sith-like Anakin Skywalker, standing on the pillared balcony on Mustafar, in dark cloak and hood on.

YODA (to Obi-Wan)
Twisted by the dark side young Skywalker has become.

Anakin Skywalker cutting into another Neimoidian.

Threepio, leaving Padme on the balcony, Coruscant at night: "I feel so helpless...".

Then a montage:

* Battle over Coruscant.

* Jedi starfighter incoming.

* Padme crying.

* Anakin and Obi-Wan duel in large hall.

* Coruscant battle again.

* Kashyyk battle.

* Obi-Wan and Anakin exchange lightsaber blows in a narrow corridor, with sparks flying off the walls.

* Sidious shooting force lightning at a surprised Yoda.

* Obi-Wan with hands outstretched for a force push, determined and tight, like in a contest "who's stronger in The Force".

* A 10-wheeled Juggernatu tank shoots rockets straight ahead.

* Space battle with R2 close-up.

* Obi-wan jumps back, down to the circuit/ pipe hanging over a lava river.

* Anakin Skywalker with lava in the background.

* Obi-Wan Kenobi with lava in the background, shouting very dramatically, almost through the tears:

OBI-WAN KENOBI -
You were the chosen one!

* Space explosions.

* Sidious throwing Senate pods with The Force.

* Yoda avoiding them and rolling over - Senate chamber in the background.

* Sidious with lightsaber close-up, with a very sinister smile or laugh.

* Craft flying over water, possibly on Kashyyyk; fountains of water arise.

* Huge wave of lava falls over a pipe on Mustafar.

* Obi-Wan and Anakin duel on the balcony. (The same place where Anakin stood earlier, Sith-looking).

* Yoda looks up at the camera, close-up.

* Mace swinging his saber and kicking or falling back.

* Space battle again.

* Anakin and Obi-Wan exchange lightsaber blows in mid-air, flying over lava on long cables...

Episode III - Revenge of the Sith
Breathing...

Shot from their left side, aboard the Star Destroyer: Vader folding arms on his chest and and Emperor staring straight ahead.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.