Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Lost movies of the 1980's- the HBO years

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Lost movies of the 1980's- the HBO years

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-19, 08:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 799 Likes on 567 Posts
Re: Lost movies of the 1980's- the HBO years

This thread is the king of one-post wonders.
Old 04-27-23, 11:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ive been trying to find a short animated film that was normally played after movies as a fill in for time as it was maybe 20 minutes long. All I can remember about it was that it was a story being told by a remaining survivor of a family. They had this mansion and I remember certain parts of it where, they get snowed in from this blizzard and like they try to land a plane to get supplies to them but a sled dog in the rescue plane has a bone that somehow lodges in the control yoke and causes the plane to crash. I think one of the sons, the survivor goes off to fight in WWI or some foreign war. The conclusion to the story is that the survivor goes back to see the mansion only to find that its be burned to the ground. In the closing of this movie the narrator explains that during one of the rescue attempts, one of the planes fired so flares so as to be able to see the area. One of the flares lands on the mansion and catches the mansion on fire. The family having nowhere to live use a small shed or radio shed or something to that nature. The family drinks a bottle of what they thought was wine or some type of liquid they could drink only for them to die from it actually being poison. As the story finishes, the feature ends with the survivor getting into a rowboat and rowing away with a lighthouse showing the turning of the light. If anyone can help me out with this one Id be greatly appreciative. Ive tried searching many different ways but I cant find even a lead and I know I didnt dream it because I saw it at least 3 - 4 times on HBO during this time. I know it was in the 80's because we didnt subscribe to HBO until the early to mid 80's. Someone has to know what Im talking about.
Old 04-28-23, 01:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2,205 Likes on 1,508 Posts

Originally Posted by Norm de Plume
This thread is the king of one-post wonders.
Like the three and a half year old thread bump we just got?

(miss ya, Norm )