Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Trailers and more trailers.....

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-04, 08:40 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 192 Likes on 129 Posts

Well, since I haven't seen Ryo post an updated thread yet I thought I'd go ahead and do so. Some trailers may be duplictaed but only because of easier access or updates:

Unleashed

The Longest Yard

The Pink Panther

Sin City

Wedding Crashers

Kicking and Screaming

Bewitched

Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Dark Water

Overnight

Last edited by Rival11; 12-27-04 at 08:42 AM.
Old 12-27-04, 09:52 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
After hearing so much about Sin City, the trailer doesn't look interesting to me at all. Every foray into movies has been a cinematic disaster for Miller and Robert Rodriguez is a trashy, juvenile filmmaker. I'd still pay to see a version of A Dame to Kill For, however.

Oh, and the clip for Hitchhiker's Guide.... kicks ass.
Old 12-27-04, 12:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

good thread...now to watch the pink panther clips
Old 12-27-04, 12:19 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
The Pink Panther doesn't look too bad. I didn't know they had Kevin Kline as Dreyfus.
Old 12-27-04, 12:41 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 731 Likes on 533 Posts
Yeah for quicktime trailers..

Boo, that they are this small.
Old 12-27-04, 12:54 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Originally Posted by Rivero
After hearing so much about Sin City, the trailer doesn't look interesting to me at all. Every foray into movies has been a cinematic disaster for Miller and Robert Rodriguez is a trashy, juvenile filmmaker.
i thought i was the only one that thought this way! Rodriguez is a "Michael Bay" for film geeks.
Old 12-27-04, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Crap!!! It's still the same Hitchhiker's Guide trailer. I was hoping it would be a new one by now.
Old 12-27-04, 03:16 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Originally Posted by Rivero
Oh, and the clip for Hitchhiker's Guide.... kicks ass.
Guess you saw the one with actual footage from the flick? This teaser was remarkably unremarkable.

As for the rest...

Unleashed -- Looks interesting.

The Longest Yard -- Seen it before. PLENTY of times. But with Rock and Sandler, i'll sneak in.

The Pink Panther -- Was really hesitant on seeing this. But, Martin, Klein and Reno make it look like fun. Do we really need Beyonce?

Sin City -- Can't wait.

Wedding Crashers -- Wilson and Vaughn. I'm there. Well, until the end when they'll probably find some sort of "moral" to it all.

Bewitched -- If I had to choose between Ferrell movies, it wouldn't be this one. Unless he was Kicking And Screaming Nicole Kidman.

Dark Water -- Perhaps they could do a movie trying to find out what happened to Jen's boobs?

Overnight -- Almost closed this one without watching. Anyone have the backstory to this flick?
Old 12-27-04, 03:25 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 923 Likes on 776 Posts
In the "Bewitched" trailer...didn't Kidman wiggle her mouth and not her nose? If they can't get the #1 cache of the series right, how can they think the movie will succeed?
Old 12-27-04, 03:39 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 923 Likes on 776 Posts
"Wedding Crashers" really looks hilarious! Nice to see Vince Vaughn come into his own. It has been a long time coming.

"The Longest Yard" looks fun too.

"Unleashed" could be good. Wonder how they got Morgan Freeman for that.

"Sin City" looks like a "Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow" fiasco. Too bad since I like the cast.

Plus, are "R" rated movies going the way of the dinosaur? This whole PG-13 thing in these horror and adult movies is complete and utter crap!!!

Last edited by OldBoy; 12-27-04 at 03:44 PM.
Old 12-27-04, 03:49 PM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts
Originally Posted by devilshalo
Yeah for quicktime trailers..

Boo, that they are this small.
Aw come on... the site looks at your Quicktime settings and returns the size that you can handle (not what you'll wait for ). Change the Connection Settings to something higher than 384k and you'll get the larger trailers.

But then again, you are probably being vicious and already knew that.

But here's what I'm excited for: Unleashed, The Longest Yard, The Pink Panther, Sin City, Wedding Crashers, Bewitched, Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy...

Old 12-27-04, 03:50 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Originally Posted by Rogue588
Guess you saw the one with actual footage from the flick? This teaser was remarkably unremarkable.
Yeah, my thoughts exactly. damn bait and switch. No clips, just the same old teaser.

As for Sin City. I can't believe I'm hearing this sort of yapping. Have you've people never read the comics?
Old 12-27-04, 04:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Unleashed - This one looks great. Except for the fact that every single film I've seen written by Besson, and not also directed by him, has sucked. But this director might be good, and the cast is great! High hopes.

The Longest Yard - Standard comedy. Doesn't interest me. Rock and Sandler both look prety good though.

The Pink Panther - It could be good, but I don't trust the director... and Beyonce? come on.

Sin City - Looks like it could be really great. I've talked about it more in the specific thread.

Wedding Crashers - Standard comedy. Not interested.

Kicking and Screaming - Standard comedy. Not interested. Ferrel seems to be pretty good though.

Bewitched - Standard Reamake/Comedy. Not interested.

Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy - Tells me when the movie is coming out. That's it.

Dark Water - Is this not the most cliched horror trailer ever? I mean holy shit, why do they still make trailers like this? is it a parody or something? The film looks pretty cliched itself... but I don't know. I don't normally like this kind of film. But what's up with the cast of kickass people? that's the only thing that makes me think that maybe this'll be any good.

Overnight - This guy looks like an egomanic and jerk. No wonder he dropped off the map. I have no real interest in watching his rise/downfall.
Old 12-27-04, 04:18 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Hitchiker's guide was stupid.

Sin City looks awesome

Longest Yard will be a must see because Adam Sandler and football go hand in hand.

Unleashed looks okay.

And the others I have no interest in seeing.
Old 12-27-04, 04:57 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Location: New Jersey, where the state motto should be Leave No Tree Standing
Originally Posted by scott1598
In the "Bewitched" trailer...didn't Kidman wiggle her mouth and not her nose? If they can't get the #1 cache of the series right, how can they think the movie will succeed?
I think I remember reading that they are not going to show the nose wiggle until the movie opens. Reporters have asked her to do it and she is under contract not to. So I assume the mouth wiggle was just for the trailer. Bad move, IMO. If they want to get fans of the original show, they can't do that.
Old 12-27-04, 05:12 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by RevLiver
I think I remember reading that they are not going to show the nose wiggle until the movie opens. Reporters have asked her to do it and she is under contract not to. So I assume the mouth wiggle was just for the trailer. Bad move, IMO. If they want to get fans of the original show, they can't do that.
Really? what the hell?
Old 12-27-04, 05:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Wedding Crashers looks terrible, imo.

Unleashed looks really cool but I'm worried about the director.

Thanks for doing the thread, Rival11.
Old 12-28-04, 07:30 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 192 Likes on 129 Posts
No prob. - I to think wedding crashers looks horrendous but kicking and screaming looks even worse.
Old 12-28-04, 02:50 PM

I'm glad I clicked on that Unleashed link. Last time I had heard of that movie it was called Danny the Dog, but I guess it got a name change.
Old 12-28-04, 08:51 PM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts
Add Martin Lawerence's Rebound to the list.

... and the following:

Matthew McConaughey, Penelope Cruz and Steve Zahn in Sahara.

Woody Allen's Melinda and Melinda starring Will Ferrell.

Nicholas Cage in The Weather Man.
Old 12-29-04, 01:13 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by cygnet74
i thought i was the only one that thought this way! Rodriguez is a "Michael Bay" for film geeks.
I was thinking about this today and Rodriguez is a pretty overrated filmmaker. I liked Desperado, his scene in Four Rooms and From Dusk Till Dawn. That's really it. Unlike Soderberg and Tarantino who came from indie backgrounds and adjusted and made terrific films when given budgets Rodriguez has yet to do that. Sin City looks good though we'll see how the movie goes.
Old 01-01-05, 02:09 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

A couple more

Mr. and Mrs. Smith

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

Schultze Gets the Blues Looks Great!
Old 01-01-05, 04:20 AM

Weather Man and Pink Panther looked good. Most interesting one to me is Mr. and Mrs. Smith, but then again, any movie with Angelina Jolie looks good for me.

I like the look of a toned down Will Ferrel in a couple of those trailers.
Old 01-01-05, 07:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
I'm not sure if I'll actually pay money to see Mr. and Mrs. Smith in the theatre but Angelina Jolie looks hot in the trailer.
Old 01-01-05, 07:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm almost tired of Mr. and Mrs. Smith already. All these recent DVDs lately had that lame ass behind the scenes clip about the film. I like Angelina Jolie and the movie sound so so but they keep feeding us the same clip over and over again. I want to see something new on this film real soon.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.