Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

"Lost Boys 2" Talk Continues (merged)

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

"Lost Boys 2" Talk Continues (merged)

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-08, 04:22 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,215 Likes on 2,074 Posts
Originally Posted by KillerCannibal
Well, that has DTV written all over it.
Just the fact that it has the two Coreys in this day and age screams DTV. It would be too freaking weird seeing those two up on the big screen nowadays.
Old 03-16-08, 07:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Steve Phillips
I always wondered what straight teenage male would have a poster of Rob Lowe on his bedroom wall.
Kinda like a guy having a Brad Pitt poster on his wall now.
Old 03-16-08, 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by GoldenJCJ
Just the fact that it has the two Coreys in this day and age screams DTV. It would be too freaking weird seeing those two up on the big screen nowadays.
I don`t think the Coreys will have a big part in the movie, looks like they are aiming it at the younger generation, after all it`s been over 20 years since the original.
Old 03-17-08, 10:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Trilogy?

Originally Posted by Corey Feldman
“The stage is set,” he said of the ending to “The Tribe.” “So it’s really up to you, the viewer, and you, the audience, to see that final chapter comes into fruition.”

“What I would like to see? Personally the way I would like to see it go, I would like to see Edgar finally become a vampire himself and have to battle his own inner demons,” Feldman fantasized. “That’s where it should go in my mind.”

“I think that part of the magic for the whole trilogy would be seeing those characters that you trust, that you love, turning to the dark side and figuring out if they could make their way back,” he mused. “For the guy who’s out there defending truth, justice, and the American way to be confronted with his own demons, and actually have to go down the path of the dark side - will he make it out? Or has he gone down so far that once he’s turned, there’s no hope, light? Who can save him? I mean, once Edgar Frog’s turned, anything’s possible.”
Old 03-18-08, 08:02 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

No Tim Cappello, no sale.
Old 07-19-08, 02:33 AM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
This movie is terrible !
Old 07-19-08, 02:35 AM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
BTW it's available from Movie BT
Old 07-29-08, 01:25 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts
Yeah the ONLY part I was interested in was the clip AFTER it was over......
Old 07-30-08, 03:30 AM
Suspended

I reviewed this puppy on my site, liked it too! If anyone checks it out, be forewarned... there are boobs!

http://www.********************/page.php?id=338
Old 07-30-08, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Big deal. We've seen those boobs before on "the Two Coreys"...

Oh wait.
Old 07-30-08, 11:29 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

The DVD Talk review is pretty funny.

I'll pass on this.
Old 07-30-08, 06:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by kicker_of_elves
Man, that actually looks cool.

Man, was i wrong.
Old 08-05-08, 12:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
So, Corey Feldman had a bigger part than I thought he would. Of course, the gorgeously vanilla 20-something no-names are the leads, but Feldman is right up as the experienced vampire slayer.

Speaking of the leads, I think the brother & sister hero duo were originally supposed to be the children of Jason Patric and Jami Gertz from the first movie, but the connection is never made in the finished sequel. The stoned head vampire may have likewise been related to Kiefer Sutherland's vamp, but again it's not specified. The new bloodsucker is played by Keifer's half-brother. He sucks in more ways than one.

The plot is pretty much like the first, innocent teens get seduced into the vampire fold, then stake everything in sight after they've changed their minds. Rather dreary and unengaging, although it does perk up when Feldman is in the scene. Or maybe I'm just being nostalgic. Couple of decent vampire kills though

As for Corey Haim and Jamison Newlander
Spoiler:
There are three (during credits) endings on the DVD.
1) Feldman is on picnic table at night. He says something to the effect of, "I know you're here! Show yourself!" Out comes Haim in full vampire mode. They exchange angry words, then rush each other with primal screams. Kind of badass, I thought.

2) Feldman is home in his trailer. Non-vamp Haim pounds on door. Next, they're walking on the beach. Haim tells Feldman that Allan Frog (vampire) is on his way. Cut to Newlander in a sweet car, blackened windows, but he's driving via camera. He's dressed like a snazzy cowboy. There's a hot chick with him. No dialogue, just him laughing evilly.

3) Same as #2, but Haim reveals a bite on his neck to Feldman on the beach.

I would like to have seen a lot more of any of these plots.

Last edited by Charlie Goose; 08-08-08 at 07:40 AM.
Old 08-07-08, 11:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts
Yeah exactly charlie on your spoilers, which is what I said, the onlly interesting thing about the entire movie was the clip from the credits....how could they have thought was wouldn't be the way to go instead of what they gave us.
Old 08-08-08, 02:10 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

This movie was actually better than I was expecting. It's not good but it's watchable, and that is more than i can say for alot of these direct to video sequels.