Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Revenge of the Sith it is!!!!

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Revenge of the Sith it is!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-04, 12:43 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I think it would have been more epic if they went with:

"The Fall of the Republic"

or

"The Rise of the Empire"

Revenge is so played out a long, long time ago in a galaxy far, far away.
Old 07-26-04, 12:45 PM
Suspended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You know - I think this is the title of the new series I am least happy with. Sure, when Phantom Menace was announced, I went "what the hell?" - but then it sunk in that it fit exactly with the Republic movie serial mentality that these movies are at the core.

Same with attack of the clones. I could totaly see that as the name of a chapter from G-Men vs The Black Hand or something.

Revenge of the Sith is, well - too obivous. I think something like The Creeping Terror would have been more in-line. Not that exact title, mind you, but something unexpected like that.

Oh well - I still think the retro-logo shirt kicks ass.
Old 07-26-04, 12:59 PM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally posted by Deadman31
they should replace Yoda with Kermit the Frog. He is a better actor.
Actually, here's a before-and-after shot showing the changes:

Old 07-26-04, 01:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Rivero

And the more they tinker.......the more they f*** up.
Why do you even come into these threads?

We get it, we get it... the more you post about star wars, less people listen.....
Old 07-26-04, 01:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
I do not hate George Lucas. I do not hate the prequels. But I have no great love for them either, like I have for the *original versions* of the *original trilogy*.

I, and the thousands of people who feel the same way, have every right to express those opinions--when they are relevant to the conversation. And when they are, they are not threadcraps, whether you're tired of hearing them or not. What Lucas has done to the original trilogy is a damn shame, and that is a valid and important point, and one which will not go away--unless Lucas decides to make the originals available, which doesn't seem bloody likely.

As for all this "fanboy" vs. "hater" crap, Lucas' fans are as responsible as anyone for continuing and extending it... with all their "Lucas-Raped-My-Childhood" dismissiveness and their constant insulting of anyone who has a criticism or concern, valid or not.

Last edited by adamblast; 07-26-04 at 01:22 PM.
Old 07-26-04, 01:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning.
Received 1,077 Likes on 676 Posts
This thread needs more Kermit!
Old 07-26-04, 01:29 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 183 Likes on 125 Posts
Originally posted by ViewAskewbian
This thread needs more Kermit!
Old 07-26-04, 01:31 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
and one which will not go away--unless Lucas decides to make the originals available
Last time I checked, Laser Disc and VHS were still around and not part of the last Lucas Elimination Squad's destruction. So the originals, by all account, are still available in some shape or form. Perhaps it would be a good idea that if you wanted to see the trilogy in such a pure fashion, that you may look into those formats to get your fill.

It's very easy to bitch about something compared to doing something about it. But usually doing something about it gets things done while simply bitching about it doesn't.
Old 07-26-04, 02:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Jackskeleton
Last time I checked, Laser Disc and VHS were still around and not part of the last Lucas Elimination Squad's destruction. So the originals, by all account, are still available in some shape or form. Perhaps it would be a good idea that if you wanted to see the trilogy in such a pure fashion, that you may look into those formats to get your fill.

It's very easy to bitch about something compared to doing something about it. But usually doing something about it gets things done while simply bitching about it doesn't.
I wasn't "simply bitching" about anything, and your point is irrelevant. Yes, they are available, as obsolete, out-of-print collector's items in both abandoned and inferior formats. For the moment, at least. But we are discussing DVDs. Technologies change and move on. It's sad when important cultural icons are distorted or lost in the transition, and doubly so when there was no need for it to happen.

Last edited by adamblast; 07-26-04 at 02:44 PM.
Old 07-26-04, 02:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 276 Likes on 172 Posts
I can't get Crystal Pepsi or Lucky Charms without purple horseshoes anymore either.

Sometimes, product makers just stop making what we like and we have to accept the new stuff.

Old 07-26-04, 02:52 PM
Banned

Originally posted by redinger
Computer generated Chewie with comical expressions and getting stuck in wacky new predicaments?

Yeah, I heard in the upcoming release Lucas was contemplating re-inserting a cut scene where Chewie steps out of the Millenium Falcon bathroom with a newspaper under his arm, turns to Han and gives a mighty ROAAAAARRRRR!!!!!! while a subtitle appears at the bottom saying, "Best give it another five minutes before you go in there, mate!" But alas, the scene shall remain on the cutting room floor. Maybe a future release further down the road....
Old 07-26-04, 03:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 276 Likes on 172 Posts
90% of this thread belongs in the DVD forum as it's discussing DVD edits (vs the Ep3 title discussion as this was intended)
Old 07-26-04, 03:58 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Shit That Doesn't Make Sense in Lucas' Current View of Star Wars No. 56.

It seems like come September these new Special Editions Version 2.0 are just gonna kick off a whole brand-new debate on its laundry list of changes that make no sense or are completely arbitrary and inconsequential. All because of this obsessive attempt to make his films seem relevant in a technical age much different than it was in the early 80's. I cannot fathom why no one simply slaps the guy and says, "Enough!!!"

George Lucas working on his Star Wars films is like Michael Jackson working on his face. Both are trying to reach a level of perfection that is absolutely unattainable and impossible.

Come on, mods! If someone should be banned...
Old 07-26-04, 04:07 PM
Retired

Originally posted by adamblast
I do not hate George Lucas. I do not hate the prequels. But I have no great love for them either, like I have for the *original versions* of the *original trilogy*.

I, and the thousands of people who feel the same way, have every right to express those opinions--when they are relevant to the conversation. And when they are, they are not threadcraps, whether you're tired of hearing them or not.
And given that this is a thread that was simply announcing the title of Episode 3, talk about whether the prequels suck, whether lucas sucks, whether the SEs suck, etc. are off topic and there for thread craps.

The only thing on topic here is basically whether people like the title or not. If people want to bitch about Lucas chaning the SEs, theres the "SW DVD changes" thread in DVD talk. If they want to say episode 3 will suck, theres the "Episode three: Will it be good or bad?" thread here.
Old 07-26-04, 04:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Qui Gon Jim
'Cause you don't like his opinion??
Old 07-26-04, 04:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Josh Hinkle
And given that this is a thread that was simply announcing the title of Episode 3, talk about whether the prequels suck, whether lucas sucks, whether the SEs suck, etc. are off topic and there for thread craps.
Not at all. The first post of this thread contains pictures from the upcoming DVD release, so that people can see the new work done on the prints. The last of these *linked* pictures contains Hayden Christiansen. This naturally led to the usual discussion of how much new work has been done, and its relative merits. The only thing off-topic here has been the complaints against those who have opinions you don't like.

Last edited by adamblast; 07-26-04 at 04:18 PM.
Old 07-26-04, 04:15 PM
Retired

'Cause you don't like his opinion??
Because he posts it in every SW thread, including those that aren't meant to discuss whether or not the movies suck (like this one).

That's thread crapping, doing it repeatedly is trolling.
Old 07-26-04, 04:15 PM

That's not a thread crap. Banning is not something to be taken lightly, or reserved for people who are upset at the new direction Star Wars is taken. Rivero is as passionate about Star Wars as you are. If you're tired of reading his posts, you can just ignore them.

You're intolerance is just as annoying as him expressing his opinions.
Old 07-26-04, 04:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 230 Likes on 158 Posts
George Lucas working on his Star Wars films is like Michael Jackson working on his face. Both are trying to reach a level of perfection that is absolutely unattainable and impossible.

I think Rivero pretty much nailed it. This shit had me (especially with the new VH-1 MJ movie coming out)
Old 07-26-04, 04:17 PM
Retired

Originally posted by Abranut

You're intolerance is just as annoying as him expressing his opinions.
As I just said above, the problem isn't people bashing SW, it's people bashing SW in threads not discussing whether the prequels/SEs are good.

Like this thread, it should have simply been discussion on whether people liked the title. It has nothing to do with the qualities of the prequels, whether people thing Episode 3 will be good, the SEs, etc. There are specific threads for these thigns.
Old 07-26-04, 04:20 PM
Retired

Not at all. The first post of this thread contains pictures from the upcoming DVD release, so that people can see the new work done on the prints. The last of these *linked* pictures contains Hayden Christiansen. This naturally led to the usual discussion of how much new work has been done, and its relative merits. The only thing off-topic here has been the complaints against those who have opinions you don't like.
My bad, I though this was the other thread that was only about the title.

This thread is just titled stupidly and posted in the wrong forum.

But still, some people do need to get a life. I have better things to do that repeatedly post about movies I hate. I already wasted $ and time watching them. I may post a brief review, but then I'm done discussing that flick. But others are entitled to do what they may I guess. Maybe many posting here have less busy social calendars than me.
Old 07-26-04, 04:21 PM

As I just said above, the problem isn't people bashing SW, it's people bashing SW in threads not discussing whether the prequels/SEs are good.

Like this thread, it should have simply been discussion on whether people liked the title. It has nothing to do with the qualities of the prequels, whether people thing Episode 3 will be good, the SEs, etc. There are specific threads for these thigns.
Rivero's critique is COMPLETELY relevent here! We are seeing the new changes to the original trilogy dvd release for the first time, and he was complaining (initially) about Hayden Christiansen replacing Sebastian Shaw during the last scene of the movie. If you don't think that's relevent, I suggest you look up relevent in the dictionary.
Old 07-26-04, 04:21 PM
Retired

See above, I though this was the other thread that just announced the title.

Not this moronically titled one posted in the wrong forum.
Old 07-26-04, 04:24 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Why!?!?! He said nothing wrong? He's just not a fanboy. I just think Rivero is pissed that Lucas cant keep well enough alone with these films. Rivero, your MJ comment...DAMN CLASSIC. That's signature material. Can I use it?

Shit That Doesn't Make Sense in Lucas' Current View of Star Wars No. 56.

It seems like come September these new Special Editions Version 2.0 are just gonna kick off a whole brand-new debate on its laundry list of changes that make no sense or are completely arbitrary and inconsequential. All because of this obsessive attempt to make his films seem relevant in a technical age much different than it was in the early 80's. I cannot fathom why no one simply slaps the guy and says, "Enough!!!"

Last edited by Get Me Coffee; 07-26-04 at 04:28 PM.
Old 07-26-04, 04:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

But still, some people do need to get a life. I have better things to do that repeatedly post about movies I hate.
I understand your frustration. But what I see is people posting about the mishandling of movies they *love*.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.