Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Revenge of the Sith it is!!!!

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Revenge of the Sith it is!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-04, 12:45 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I hoped they fixed that annoying blotch on the Emperor's ear.
They did!

By the Jack, thanks for the pics! I must say though the DVD rip shot of Shaw is too blue. Sort of gives it an eerie, cold feel to the scene which I sort of like. But it's still too blue.
Old 07-26-04, 02:24 AM
Suspended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Re: ROTJ screencaps!

Originally posted by Rivero
That's it. I will not be buying this DVD set. That, right there, was the last goddamn straw.
Thank god. Perhaps now you and all the other Luca$/SE/Prequal bashers will shut the hell up and go away and stop threadcrapping in every single star wars thread.

Good riddance to you then.
Old 07-26-04, 03:22 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Re: Re: ROTJ screencaps!

Originally posted by El-Kabong
Thank god. Perhaps now you and all the other Luca$/SE/Prequal bashers will shut the hell up and go away and stop threadcrapping in every single star wars thread.

Good riddance to you then.
While I share your sentiment, I doubt he and the others will be able to stave off threadcrapping altogether. However, there IS the ignore user function which sometimes we seem to forget is available...
Old 07-26-04, 07:52 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by darqleo
(after seeing the Hayden spirit scene with Yoda and Ben as well as the other ROTJ screenshots)

Question : Why bother keeping the puppet Yoda then? Or even puppet Jabba? I thought he was making these changes for consistency? Newer technology and all that jazz?
Lucas is saving THOSE changes and more for the NEXT release of his series, the Super-Extended Definitive Director's Cut No Mas Archival Special-Editions, set to be released Christmas 2007 to commemorate Star Wars' 30th Anniversay and being sold in a brand new 7-pack DVD set with ALL 6 films and a bonus disc. See, he can make more money this way. The original versions will still not be made available since it is clear Lucas is downright ashamed of the versions that made the bastard rich in the first place.

Last edited by Rivero; 07-26-04 at 08:03 AM.
Old 07-26-04, 08:29 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 230 Likes on 158 Posts
Lucas is saving THOSE changes and more for the NEXT release of his series, the Super-Extended Definitive Director's Cut No Mas Archival Special-Editions, set to be released Christmas 2007 to commemorate Star Wars' 30th Anniversay and being sold in a brand new 7-pack DVD set with ALL 6 films and a bonus disc. See, he can make more money this way. The original versions will still not be made available since it is clear Lucas is downright ashamed of the versions that made the bastard rich in the first place.
I wonder if he'll hire new actors to replace Hamill, Fisher and Ford? Might as well replace Alec Guinness with Ewan McGregor to keep it in tune with the prequel trilogy. Be cool if he makes the Imperial Walker/Hoth Battle CGI (...you know the one that took the original crew over 15 months to create). Am I forgetting anything?
Old 07-26-04, 08:42 AM

As opposed to LOTR's multi-tier DVD release. I am sure he releases 3 versions of each film purely for the love of the fans, not money. Give me a break.

Disclaimer: I love LOTR and that was not a bash. I am a huge fan of the LOTR DVD release pattern and have no problem dipping twice on a great film. I do have a problem with some that accuse Lucas and others of doing multi releases just for money while sparing th great PJ from this same criticism. News flash: THEY ARE ALL IN IT FOR THE MONEY.
Old 07-26-04, 09:27 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Which you will NOT be buying correct? And which you're not even sure is really going to happen correct? So again I ask, do you really enjoy bitching about things that you hate so much that you have to spew it in each and every Star Wars thread? Why? Just because you can?
Old 07-26-04, 10:22 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
I dig the Episode 3 title... it's pretty classy
Old 07-26-04, 11:35 AM

Originally posted by candyrocket786
I wonder if he'll hire new actors to replace Hamill, Fisher and Ford? Might as well replace Alec Guinness with Ewan McGregor to keep it in tune with the prequel trilogy. Be cool if he makes the Imperial Walker/Hoth Battle CGI (...you know the one that took the original crew over 15 months to create). Am I forgetting anything?
Computer generated Chewie with comical expressions and getting stuck in wacky new predicaments?
Old 07-26-04, 11:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 276 Likes on 172 Posts
Originally posted by Jackskeleton
If the lighsabers intersect now...

How the hell do they bounce off each other when they clash?

This doesn't make sense.
Old 07-26-04, 11:46 AM

Originally posted by Abranut
I was putting it nicely. He said some really foul stuff, stuff I can't really repeat here. We're not supposed to talk about banned members though. It's the 2nd rule of dvdtalk Fight Club.l
But how can we not talk about it, when Geoff gives us quotes like this one:

BANNED!

DVD Talk now has no Pants.
Old 07-26-04, 11:47 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
nope it doesn't. so instead of complaining about han not shooting first, this should be the issue. not to mention with the lack of white in the middle of the sabers it screws up years of fan films.
Old 07-26-04, 11:51 AM
DVD Talk Hero

You guys have spent a couple dozen posts arguing about whether it's OK to argue about Star Wars. If you Lucas apologists would just ignore the threadcrap Lucas-hater posts, you'd pretty much get what you want. But you insist on replying, which leads to a rebuttal, which leads to a re-rebuttal, and on and on. If you're really only interested in on-topic discussions, then why do you allow yourselves to be baited so easily?
Old 07-26-04, 11:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Jackskeleton
nope it doesn't. so instead of complaining about han not shooting first, this should be the issue.
start the online petitions!!!

my 2 cents.... i'm buying these release day asap
Old 07-26-04, 12:01 PM
Fok
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Shouldn't they replace Shaw when he's unmasked by Luke at the end of ROTJ as well? Just to keep consistancy.
Old 07-26-04, 12:10 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 154 Likes on 124 Posts
they should replace Yoda with Kermit the Frog. He is a better actor.
Old 07-26-04, 12:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Deadman31
they should replace Yoda with Kermit the Frog. He is a better actor.
Nah, use Miss Piggy. That keeps Frank Oz on the payroll without adding headcount.
Old 07-26-04, 12:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Fok
Shouldn't they replace Shaw when he's unmasked by Luke at the end of ROTJ as well? Just to keep consistancy.
Huh? The guy may have a young ghost, but his body wouldn't stay young inside the suit.
Old 07-26-04, 12:18 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Fok
With who, Hayden F***** Christensen? That would make even less sense. He didn't truly *die*, it makes sense that he would age and be an old man inside the suit by the time of Jedi. As far as the bullshit new spirit scene, I seriously doubt Lucas will even try to make sense of it. The man simply does not give a shit anymore about consistency or logic so he must figure why should we?
Old 07-26-04, 12:22 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Numanoid
You guys have spent a couple dozen posts arguing about whether it's OK to argue about Star Wars. If you Lucas apologists would just ignore the threadcrap Lucas-hater posts, you'd pretty much get what you want. But you insist on replying, which leads to a rebuttal, which leads to a re-rebuttal, and on and on. If you're really only interested in on-topic discussions, then why do you allow yourselves to be baited so easily?
There shouldn't even be anything to ignore in the first place. That's the point. This crap happens EVERY FREAKIN' TIME. If I'm not interested in the topic, or if it's about something that I started hating on 7 years ago, I don't even click on the stupid thread. These people seem to frolick on padding their post count with a lather-rinse-repeat regularity when it comes to these discussions. It's the same old shit. There's nothing new in what's being said. No matter how exciting or informative the thread is, if "Star Wars" is in it, you can count on these people fouling up the discussion eventually. Do you see the same thing happen in other discussions?

With who, Hayden F***** Christensen? That would make even less sense. He didn't truly *die*, it makes sense that he would age and be an old man inside the suit by the time of Jedi. As far as the bullshit new spirit scene, I seriously doubt Lucas will even try to make sense of it. The man simply does not give a shit anymore about consistency or logic so he must figure why should we?
Take this crap for example. This is probably representative of half of this guy's post count. Is this really contributing anything to the discussion? Please.

Last edited by Kal-El; 07-26-04 at 12:27 PM.
Old 07-26-04, 12:31 PM

Lucas is saving THOSE changes and more for the NEXT release of his series, the Super-Extended Definitive Director's Cut No Mas Archival Special-Editions, set to be released Christmas 2007
Um, no!
Old 07-26-04, 12:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Isn't this thread about the title of the 3rd chapter?

Oh, wait... no, it's a shit on Lucas and Star Wars thread....

Anyway, back on topic, I think this is the best possible name for episode 3 and I can't wait for it's release.
Old 07-26-04, 12:36 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
^^^

Exactly, lets keep this Episode III related. I think it's also the best possible name they could have given the film.
Old 07-26-04, 12:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 154 Likes on 124 Posts
Revenge of the Jar-Jar would have been a better title.
Old 07-26-04, 12:41 PM
Banned

Originally posted by GuessWho
If the lighsabers intersect now...

How the hell do they bounce off each other when they clash?

This doesn't make sense.

Shit That Doesn't Make Sense in Lucas' Current View of Star Wars No. 56.

It seems like come September these new Special Editions Version 2.0 are just gonna kick off a whole brand-new debate on its laundry list of changes that make no sense or are completely arbitrary and inconsequential. All because of this obsessive attempt to make his films seem relevant in a technical age much different than it was in the early 80's. I cannot fathom why no one simply slaps the guy and says, "Enough!!!"

George Lucas working on his Star Wars films is like Michael Jackson working on his face. Both are trying to reach a level of perfection that is absolutely unattainable and impossible.

And the more they tinker.......the more they f*** up.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.