Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Resident Evil: Apocalypse

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Resident Evil: Apocalypse

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-04, 09:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Saw it today, liked it a hell of a lot more then the first movie. Only complaints would be the jerky shot of the zombies followed by the crazy fight camera. The many game references were a nice touch.
Old 09-17-04, 12:59 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Giantrobo
How dare you!!!!!

Can't say much since it's actually the truth. She is a known abuser of crack. trust me on that one buddy.. just trust me on that one...
Old 09-17-04, 04:42 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,875 Likes on 1,155 Posts
Originally posted by Jackskeleton
Can't say much since it's actually the truth. She is a known abuser of crack. trust me on that one buddy.. just trust me on that one...
ok, that's cool. We all know the models have to stay thin and what will do that better than smoking crack?

But that still doesn't take away from the fact that I would love to mix my DNA with hers.
Old 09-19-04, 07:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 461 Likes on 373 Posts
I watched the movie last night and it was an okay movie. It wasn't the worst movie I have seen in the theatre this year (that honour still belongs to Van Helsing).

It was fun for my friends and I to watch the movie and try to figure out the Toronto locations that the movie used as part of Racoon City.
Old 09-19-04, 11:37 PM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
It was a pretty ok movie, otherwise i share my opinions with my mate Jackieboy
Old 09-20-04, 02:00 AM

Milla looks pretty vibrant and healthy for a crack whore. I did see her totally high on weed once on Much Music, though.

Re: Sienna Guillory/Jill Valentine.. Did anyone notice she had some line readings that were almost identical to Denise Richards' blank turn as Christmas Jones in TWINE?? The line "I'm good but not that good" uttered in a girly voice with absolutely no conviction whatsoever. But it doesn't matter; she wasn't pretty exactly, but she was soooo unbelievably sexy. That bit where she's pissed off and smoking in the bus was awesome. Didn't need any dialogue.

Last edited by John Spartan; 09-20-04 at 02:06 AM.
Old 09-22-04, 09:28 AM

van helsing was a good popcorn movie.... it did what it was supposed to do... i just wish that they would start making movies with 2 editions.... one rated R for those of us that would like to see horror films for what they SHOULD be (THINK JURASSIC PARK RATED R? AVP?? ) and pg 13 for those with kids.... they make plenty of special or director editions of dvd's, so why not have 2 versions in the theater?? it wouldn't cost much more to film both, and i would think that they would make their money back.... i think this will be the future of film
Old 09-22-04, 05:34 PM

I for one did not like Resident Evil, but I did enjoy Resident Evil: Apocalypse somewhat. I didn’t expect anything from it like I did with part one so maybe that explains why I thought it was okay…When I first heard that Resident Evil was going to be made into a movie, I thought it would be interesting. I was hoping it would have great eerie atmosphere as in the game, but what I got was loud techno or whatever I forgot and don’t really care to remember music with none of the scary factors that were in the game. I mean when I saw Alice jumped off the wall and slow-mo around to kick the mutated dog I was like what the hell?

Resident Evil has such a good premise that could have been made into a better and scarier film if the materials were utilized with care but instead they were thrown right out the door.

Lets hope Silent Hill can stick with the materials that are in the game and maybe we'll get an eerie and tense atmosphere of a film.

Last edited by pingie; 09-22-04 at 05:42 PM.
Old 09-23-04, 07:02 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 652 Likes on 502 Posts
Finally saw it yesterday. I know, it's about time. I liked it. Not great but not as terrible as its detractors claim. At least it had more of the mood of the games during the beginning of the film. The basic complaints (slow-mo zombies, horrible fight editing and convulso-cam) are valid but not terrible enough to destroy the film. It just keeps it from being as good as it should be.

At the very least it's an improvement on the first so a third would not be unwelcome.
Old 09-29-04, 06:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Finally got around to seeing it, and agree with those who said that it was better than the first. I know that I enjoyed it more. I didn't like the first one that much, but my girlfriend got me the DVD with the ticket in it, so I went to see it. I am actually looking forward to the third one.
Old 09-30-04, 04:10 AM

Finally saw it. I enjoyed the first one (trashy, creepy slasher/zombie movie), but I think the second one was a mess.
The "plot"was stolen from many movies (Escape from New York?) and not very well recyled, IMO. The Nemesis monster looked radiculos. It seems they spent all their money on pyrotechnics. The Jill actress was pretty, but her costume looked like cheap Tomb Raider (does she look like that in the games?).
Old 09-30-04, 05:05 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Originally posted by custom001
The Jill actress was pretty, but her costume looked like cheap Tomb Raider (does she look like that in the games?).
the outfit is directly taken out of Resident Evil 3. Which was one of the only things I actually enjoyed about this film

Old 10-08-04, 09:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i didn't see number 1, and haven't played the games but i actually half way enjoyed it. sure it was about as braindead action as they come, but it was indeed entertaining.

anyone want to explain the ending?
Spoiler:
i thought everybody died in the helicopter crash. how indeed did they come back?
oh and mila was hot as hell
Spoiler:
esspecially in the brief nude scene at the end of the movie.
Old 10-12-04, 01:24 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Rypro 525,

Spoiler:
Only Milla died (saving the little girl from being impaled by a loosed helicopter part). The others were never found so we can assume they survived the crash and covered Alice's body before leaving.

For me, the big question is
Spoiler:
how did Carlos, Jill, and J.B. (was that Mike Epps' character's name?) so easily fool that first wave of Umbrella soldiers when their names and likenesses were shown in every major network? I can understand when they were leaving (the blonde doctor odered the guards at the gate to let them go) but not the first wave of soldiers.
Old 10-12-04, 04:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by RocShemp
Rypro 525,

Spoiler:
Only Milla died (saving the little girl from being impaled by a loosed helicopter part). The others were never found so we can assume they survived the crash and covered Alice's body before leaving.
Let me rephrase this to avoid being jumped at again.
Spoiler:
I had thought I heard the soldiers report finding multiple bodies, making it sound as if all had died. If that was the case (multiple bodies), then I just realized recently that they may have been revived and allowed to rescue Alice as part of her "test". HOWEVER, it seems no one else heard this so I might have completely misheard a line of dialogue (which I wouldn't be surprised). It is still to me a cool possibility that there is more to her escape then shown, but it could be as simple as that as well.

There.

Last edited by outer-edge; 10-12-04 at 11:24 PM.
Old 10-12-04, 05:00 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

then I just realized recently that they may have been revived and allowed to rescue Alice as part of her "test".
NO.
they were not dead. simple as that.
Old 12-11-04, 10:30 PM
Banned

why did people not like this movie? I think its a solid 8 out of 10. Best action movie of the year.

The Jill character was SO INCREDIBLY HOT. So sexy sholder bones.
Old 12-20-04, 12:09 AM
Banned

New title DVD movie below market price
All title below are selling at USD$ 9.00

THE TERMINAL (2004)
Open Water (2004)
DAWN OF THE DEAD (2004)
KING ARTHUR (2004)
ALIEN VS. PREDATOR (2004)
RESIDENT EVIL: APOCALYPSE (2004)
THE PUNISHER (2004)
THE INCREDIBLES (2004)
COLLATERAL (2004)
THE LORD OF THE RINGS: THE RETURN OF THE KING (2003)
SHARK TALE (2004)
I, ROBOT (2004)
The Bourne Supremacy (2004)
Anacondas: The Hunt for the Blood Orchid (2004)
VAN HELSING (2004)

and many many more........

all u needs just e-mail me at: [email protected]
Old 12-20-04, 02:03 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Anderson was in Tokyo to promote Aliens vs Predator and he said Resident Evil 3 is a go!He is already working on it!
Old 12-20-04, 02:09 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by puddytay
why did people not like this movie? I think its a solid 8 out of 10. Best action movie of the year.

The Jill character was SO INCREDIBLY HOT. So sexy sholder bones.

while she is hot, they followed just about nothing of the story out of the video game. The second video game or even the third would have been perfect. But PWSA is just one hell of a shitty writer that this film couldn't be saved.
Old 05-14-05, 10:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
just watched it.
too over the top
granted I only have limited exposure to the games, but they never struck me as being as ridiculous on this movie was
the first movie was much better
and that nuke would have needed to be big enough for the fireball to extend a bit beyond the wall to really steralize the city, and there's no way a nuke plant melt down could be mistaken for that
suspension of disbelief only goes so far, and I was already planning on letting more slip by than normal due to it being a zombie movie based on a video game
Old 05-14-05, 11:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Originally Posted by Trigger
Just want to add - whoever likes this film gives up all rights to ever complain about a Michael Bay, Paul W.S. Anderson, or Uwe Boll movie.
this was a paul anderson movie. he was a writer and producer of it
Old 05-14-05, 11:22 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Patman
But all she has are the nips.
yeah. I got a laugh out of the computer animation of a chick with big tits rotating around and then it cut to her with no tits
Old 05-15-05, 12:40 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by mikehunt
yeah. I got a laugh out of the computer animation of a chick with big tits rotating around and then it cut to her with no tits
I forgot about that.
Old 05-10-07, 07:10 PM
Suspended

Did Resident Evil: Apocalypse come out yet?

Cause I just read this on darkhorizons. I've given up on the series.

"The zombie sequel "Resident Evil: Apocalypse" was so bad even one of the actors in it is happy to slag it off over in a podcast at Horror Junk, whilst the next sequel 'Extinction' gets a bland teaser poster."

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.