Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

28 Days Later (directed by Danny Boyle)

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Old 11-01-02, 09:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Has anyone had a chance to see this film yet. It looks really interesting.

http://www.28dayslaterthemovie.co.uk/main.html
Old 11-02-02, 09:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow, lookis great!!! Isn't this a Zombie filck? I thought I heard the 28 days later refered to 28 days after Night of the Living Dead. Hmm, I could be wrong, but it still looks to be great. I hope it gets a good distribution.

Heh, Heh, when I first heard the title I thought it was a sequel to "28 days" too.
Old 11-03-02, 06:46 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Just came back from seeing this movie and it's awesome. I don't speak highly for many films cause I'm really picky, but this one is a must see.
Old 11-03-02, 07:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by dgeralsh
Heh, Heh, when I first heard the title I thought it was a sequel to "28 days" too.
Please let there NOT be a sequel to that horrid, horrid mess. It's unfortunate for this movie that people even could possibly associate with the dreadful Sandra Bullock film.
Old 11-03-02, 07:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

yes they did a great job with the trailer. Not one of those that gives everything away.
Old 11-03-02, 10:16 PM

This looks like a Resident Evil done right. I'll definitely have to check it out.
Old 11-04-02, 11:10 AM
MrN
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Its the new one from Danny Boyle, of Trainspotting fame. I'm looking forward to it - anyone hear a U.S. release date?
Old 11-04-02, 04:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by fmian
Just came back from seeing this movie and it's awesome. I don't speak highly for many films cause I'm really picky, but this one is a must see.
I never understood posts like this. Could you please elaborate? Why is this a must see? You can give plenty of details about what's so good about this movie without spoiling anything & even if you do spoil stuff, that's whats so good about this forum, we have the spoiler warnings.
Old 11-08-02, 12:47 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Sessa17
I never understood posts like this. Could you please elaborate? Why is this a must see? You can give plenty of details about what's so good about this movie without spoiling anything & even if you do spoil stuff, that's whats so good about this forum, we have the spoiler warnings.
Sorry I took so long to reply. My internet connection has been down.

First of all the movie is shot on DV cam and has this grainy look to it which really gives it atmosphere since the movie is raw and gritty and all about the deterioration of society.
The plot and the majority of scenes are realistic in the sense that nothing truly unbelievable happens. Out of the entire film I think I only spotted one cliche, which is a pretty difficult thing to achieve with a zombie type flick.
The camerawork is extremly well done. Most of the action scenes reminded of Ridley Scotts action scenes in Gladiator, Black Hawk Down and Hannibal in that there is a lot of detail on what is being shown. In this case, spurting blood and severed limbs.
The music is great too. It really gets you worked up.

So, go and watch the movie.
Old 11-08-02, 03:05 PM
Banned

It hasnt opened in the states yet has it?
I have read good things about this film. Looking forward to it.
Heard it knocked XXX out of Number one in the UK last weekend.
Any film that can do that has my respect.
Old 01-19-03, 02:19 AM

28 Days Later -- release date?

28 Days Later is made by Danny Boyle (Trainspotting). They show this film at the Sundance Film Festival, but I can unfortenately not go. The film in general is about a Virus that is about to wipe out the human race, but there are a few survivors struggling. Anyway, I am looking for a release date where it can be seen around in the rest of the US, especially in Chicago area. Any info is helpful. Thanks!
Old 01-19-03, 02:28 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

hmmm, that means the DVD will be released even later. but at least it will get major art house screenings across America, hopefully.
Old 01-19-03, 08:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 182 Likes on 126 Posts
A friend of mine is in England going to grad school and saw this. He said it's amazing.
Old 01-19-03, 08:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 57 Likes on 43 Posts
Dang, I thought this was a sequel to the beautiful Sandra Bullock movie about a struggling (yet perky!) alcoholic.
Old 01-19-03, 11:35 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

currently there is no date set for this release in Chicago (yet)!!

if an art house is planning to screen it.....I have not heard anything!!
Old 01-25-03, 01:44 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

28 Days Later.....release date?

I can't wait for this film. It was released overseas (since it was filmed there) on November 1, 2002. Fox is distributing, and it has tons of buzz and it even went to Sundance. When will it release here?

For those who don't know what it's about, here ya go:

*Description of what is in trailer*

A deadly virus, nicknamed "the rage virus" breaks out in London. It goes through the bloodstream, causing the infected to set into a permanent state of rage, a rage so bad that they lose all ability to do any skill (eating, drinking, talking) and are ONLY able to kill and destroy. The virus ravages the city. As the trailer simply puts it:
Day 1-Exposure
Day 3-Infection
Day 8- Epidemic
Day 15-Evacuation
And 28 days later......the movie begins. A man wakes up all alone and has no idea what is going on. He finds a small group of survivors staying alive in a COMPLETELY abadoned London. They have to find a way out of the city before they get killed by the "infecteds". Pretty much all this is given in the trailer, so it is not spoilerish really.

So, anyone heard of a rumored release date in the states, or even a rumored time of year? Spring, summer?

http://www.28dayslaterthemovie.com has tons of info on it.

Last edited by Seantn; 01-25-03 at 01:47 AM.
Old 01-25-03, 03:47 AM

Bump I want to know also
BTW whover posted that teaser that made me jump Thanks
Old 01-25-03, 05:27 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I posted it. You're welcome! When I first saw it I didn't expect anything and I was wearing headphones. It made me jump out of my chair.
Old 01-25-03, 09:19 AM

When I first saw this thread, I thought it was unusual that people here were so interested in what seemed like the sequel to Sandra Bullock's movie, "28 Days."
I thought, not illogically, that this was going to carry on 28 days after she left the treatment center and focus on the problems of a recovering alcoholic dealing with the real world.
Now that's scary.
J
Old 01-25-03, 10:34 AM

I posted a similar thread a week ago I believe, 28 Days Later...Release Date? . However, I am still looking for more info regarding this film and thanks for the other thread.

DVD Smurf
Old 01-25-03, 10:50 AM

I actually saw the scary trailer that someone here posted, and that made me curious ... I found the movie on kazaa...
Old 01-28-03, 02:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

According to a release date thread on a horror board...
01/14/03 - 28 Days Later - Director's Cut - Lion's Gate

Old 02-27-03, 05:04 PM

Can anyone recommend other trailers that are similar to this one for other horror movies? I like one's that startle me. Thanks.
Old 02-27-03, 06:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
wow....this looks awesome....never heard of it before this thread, but I will definately see this whenever it makes its way across the pond....
Old 02-27-03, 08:09 PM

I saw this movie...it's pretty damn good for the most part...The final act of it is a bit of a letdown though...but overall it's worth seeing...probably the best zombie type of movie to come down the pike in a long while...I did feel the Romero references were a little too much however...

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.