Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

2 Fast 2 Furious

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-03, 02:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 189 Likes on 162 Posts
Originally posted by Trigger
Is she even old enough to drive? She looks 2 Young 2 Jailbait.
I think Aoki is either 21 or 22 years old, so at least she's no jailbait.
Old 06-06-03, 02:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by ~~ PAL ~~
I think Aoki is either 21 or 22 years old, so at least she's no jailbait.
Espically consider the AOC in most Asian countries is like, 12-14..
Old 06-06-03, 03:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 189 Likes on 162 Posts
According to IMDB, Devon Aoki was born 8/10/82. So she's 21.

* Damn, and her dad owns the Benihana Restaurant chains too...
Old 06-06-03, 03:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 46 Likes on 28 Posts
I have been looking at the review online and The LA times gave it three stars says it is better than the first one. I am shocked.
Old 06-06-03, 03:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
I'm just sayin she looks too young. I am also still having trouble believing people born in the 80's are in their 20's now.
Old 06-06-03, 04:08 PM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
and Eva Mendes is HOT HOT HOT!

that all white outfit, that ar*se damm !!!
Old 06-06-03, 04:12 PM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
guys, don't be jewbags and fork out some dosh to go see this film

it is worth one viewing and if your audience is like when i went to see it, there lots of young hotties in the audience !
Old 06-06-03, 04:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Will see it tomorrow. I loved the fast and the furious, so I'm sure I'll love this one.
Old 06-06-03, 04:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by Original Desmond
guys, don't be ***bags and fork out some dosh to go see this film

it is worth one viewing and if your audience is like when i went to see it, there lots of young hotties in the audience !
I would edit the ***bags comment .

that said i do hope it is at least as good as the first. I just fear it will be bad.
Old 06-06-03, 05:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2 Dull, 2 Boring... or how about 2 Predictable, 2 Derivative...

no no, maybe 2 Crap, 2 weeks(in theatres).

I really liked the first one when I saw it (4 times in the theatre). It had great brainless action, hot women and fast cars. It managed to rise above it's problems (some bad acting, some questionable plotting etc.) and remained entertaining and fun...

This movie never rose above these problems. It feels like a rap video half the time, the action scenes never thrill and fail to impress (all the good stuff is in the trailer), Paul Walker is pretty flat (Tyrese is charismatic, but can't save the film) and there aren't enough girls in the movie...and the ones in the flick don't have much to do ... Overall, this movie was very very disappointing... out of the 100 minutes, I'd say I was entertained for a maximum of 30... the rest was just bad....

2 out of 5 stars

MATT
Old 06-06-03, 06:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by ncmojo
The other day at Target, one of the stock guys got on his radio and called in: "Hey, dude, I got all the Charmin put up." And the guy on the other end said: "Man, you are 2 Fast 2 Furious."

That is the funniest thing I've heard all day...

(and I have been here all day... I'm such a loser)
Old 06-06-03, 06:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 46 Likes on 28 Posts
I just got back and I liked at least as much as the first one. My only problem is s with all the current rap music it is going to seem dated in about 2 months.
Old 06-06-03, 08:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
You pretty much know what you're going to get with sequels to films like this (fast cars racing, faster car chases, and some eye candy on the sidelines), but it was a fun thrill ride. I thought Tyrese's character was hilarious in spots. Paul Walker's character is pretty much a blank stock character, but he had the good fortune of being in the first one, so he's carrying on the franchise for now.

Recommended as a matinee, and for knowing what it is.

I give it 2.5 stars or a grade of C+.
Old 06-06-03, 09:52 PM
Banned

What should I see between this and The Italiano Job?
Old 06-06-03, 10:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I liked The Italian Job more (I even saw it twice).
Old 06-06-03, 11:34 PM
Registered

Originally posted by Original Desmond
guys, don't be jewbags and fork out some dosh to go see this film
Congrats Desmond you just bought yourself a 1 week suspension. Anti-Semitism crap like that is a sure way to get banned.
Old 06-07-03, 12:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts
Just came back from it. If it wasn't for a few funny spots from Tyrese this movie would've been the sequal to Glitter.

Cars were good. If you wanna see this movie for the cars then go for it.

Movie itself, horrendous. Pretty cliche is you ask me, and some parts were just unrealistic. Such as...

Spoiler:
The ejector seat. OK so you wanna get those guys out of the passenger seat fine, an ejector seat is good. But how did they know that they would be running from the cops in the first place? The only reason they switched cars was to get the cops off them and up until they heard the sirens they thought they'd be free for 15 minutes.

Another thing, what happened to Jordana Bruester (sp?), ok I understand that they didn't sign her for this movie but did Brian just totally forget about her when he went to Miami? You lost your job for this girl and then you totally forget about her.

They say Bro and Cuz way too many times.

IMO, Tyrese saved this movie from being a total waste. Some of his lines were horrible but he pulled it off well.
Old 06-07-03, 12:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally posted by Goat3001

Another thing, what happened to Jordana Bruester (sp?), ok I understand that they didn't sign her for this movie but did Brian just totally forget about her when he went to Miami? You lost your job for this girl and then you totally forget about her.

I haven't seen the flick, but I would say if you remove the Vin Diesel character from the universe, you have to remove the Jordana Brewster character because of their kinship.

Otherwise its always in the back of your mind....where's her brother?
Old 06-07-03, 02:09 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by clemente
I haven't seen the flick, but I would say if you remove the Vin Diesel character from the universe, you have to remove the Jordana Brewster character because of their kinship.

Otherwise its always in the back of your mind....where's her brother?
I don't think so. Vin had to run. There was no reason for him to be in it regardless of her.

-CM-
Old 06-07-03, 04:51 PM
Banned

Originally posted by gkleinman
Congrats Desmond you just bought yourself a 1 week suspension. Anti-Semitism crap like that is a sure way to get banned.

Thats all this ignorant freak gets? A week? Sosa got worse and all he did was cheat a little....Ban this jerk for good....
Old 06-07-03, 07:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by jonny#5
Thats all this ignorant freak gets? A week? Sosa got worse and all he did was cheat a little....Ban this jerk for good....
I would agree, except looks like he's been a long term member... if this is his first offense in a few years of posting, I think the suspension should suffice... the comment was reckless and rude, but everyone deserves a second chance.... don't they??

MATT

I'm sure someone had watched a little too much south park before he posted...and didn't realize that Matt & Trey can get away with a lot more...because in print, tht stuff just doesn't come off as anything but cruel...
Old 06-07-03, 11:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally posted by mdc3000
2 Dull, 2 Boring... or how about 2 Predictable, 2 Derivative...

no no, maybe 2 Crap, 2 weeks(in theatres).

I really liked the first one when I saw it (4 times in the theatre). It had great brainless action, hot women and fast cars. It managed to rise above it's problems (some bad acting, some questionable plotting etc.) and remained entertaining and fun...

This movie never rose above these problems. It feels like a rap video half the time, the action scenes never thrill and fail to impress (all the good stuff is in the trailer), Paul Walker is pretty flat (Tyrese is charismatic, but can't save the film) and there aren't enough girls in the movie...and the ones in the flick don't have much to do ... Overall, this movie was very very disappointing... out of the 100 minutes, I'd say I was entertained for a maximum of 30... the rest was just bad....

2 out of 5 stars

MATT
I agree with this. There were a lot of good races/chases, but some of them were done pretty poorly. I still had fun, and my friend that went with me actually said he thought it was better than the first one! It was still an entertaining movie, and I will definitely pick up the DVD when it comes out.

Last edited by Ranger; 06-07-03 at 11:36 PM.
Old 06-08-03, 04:14 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by jonny#5
If you have a problem with the way this site is run, please e-mail Geoff Kleinman, the owner, at [email protected] - this thread is not the appropriate place to talk about this.
Old 06-10-03, 12:06 AM

Teens acting up at 2 fast 2 furious premier...

Check out this This happened at the theater i work at, it was really crowded, we actually had to line people up and thats a rare thing but i didn't get to see much of what was happening outside
Old 06-10-03, 01:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
yet another reason these pieces of crap should never even be made

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.