Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

2 Fast 2 Furious

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-03, 04:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tyreese was good, Walker was a horrible actor. Overall I didn't think it was as good as the first, which had the benefit of being original.
Old 06-11-03, 08:19 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Mopower
Just wait until the DVD comes out and the Best Buy parking lot will have the same thing.
I was thinking about buying these for that occasion.
Old 06-11-03, 08:33 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Originally posted by Face/Off
The kid that threw the rock and broke the window... rather than finding him and making him pay for it, it'd be much better to just throw rocks back at his head for a couple hours.
or rather, throw rocks at his car.
Old 06-11-03, 10:04 AM

Originally posted by Mopower
Or go drag race their Hybrids and run off a cliff.
Uh, what ricer drives a hybrid? I'm on the Toyota Prius Yahoo group and I think we have a grand total of ONE riceboy.
Old 06-11-03, 05:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I drive a "hybrid" and I'm no ricer!
Old 06-12-03, 01:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 190 Likes on 163 Posts
I won't watch this thing in the theaters. But, it was shocking to find it finishing #1 in the box office last week.

USA Weekend Box-Office Summary
06/06-06/08

Rank Title Weekend Total Gross

1 2 Fast 2 Furious (2003) 50.4m 50.4m
2 Finding Nemo (2003) 46.5m 144.4m
3 Bruce Almighty (2003) 22.3m 171.3m
4 Italian Job, The (2003) 13.1m 40.0m
5 Matrix Reloaded, The (2003) 9.1m 247.7m
6 Daddy Day Care (2003) 4.6m 88.4m
7 X2 (2003) 3.0m 204.6m
8 Wrong Turn (2003) 2.6m 9.7m
9 In-Laws, The (2003/I) 1.9m 17.8m
10 Bend It Like Beckham (2002) 17.8m 20.5m
Old 06-12-03, 08:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally posted by agent2099
Tyreese was good, Walker was a horrible actor. Overall I didn't think it was as good as the first, which had the benefit of being original.
Yes, in a retread of Point Break except with drivers and not surfers original way.
Old 06-13-03, 11:46 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by ~~ PAL ~~
I won't watch this thing in the theaters. But, it was shocking to find it finishing #1 in the box office last week.
But, it only beat Finding Nemo by about $4m. That's a drop in the bucket.

But, 2 Fast has been tanking during the weekdays (boxofficemojo):

Monday - Finding Nemo: $4.5m; 2 Fast 2 Furious: $4.17
Tuesday - Finding Nemo: $4.66m; 2 Fast 2 Furious: $3.85
Wednesday - Finding Nemo: $4.8m; 2 Fast 2 Furious: $3.18

It's interesting to see that Nemo is actually GAINING during the weekdays while 2 Fast tanks hard. My guess is that 2 Fast will drop below Nemo this weekend. And I'm not sure if Dumb and Dumberer or Hollywood Homicide will be able to beat Nemo. So, Nemo could be #1 again.
Old 06-14-03, 04:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
saw it tonight - thought it sucked. It was really funny though. One scene, they are driving really fast and furious down a stretch of road with the engine making all kinds of noise as they're having a dialogue and a 94 Ford Explorer passes them on the left... I almost wet myself. Also - that little asian chick can't act and she looks like she has down syndrome... (no offense to asians or to the mentally challenged - peace and love)
Old 06-14-03, 10:30 AM

Paul Walker OWNED all of you last weekend. That baby cartoon with the fish and that kung fu/sci- fi schlockfest got bitch slapped. 2 Fast 2 Furious delivered on every level. A REAL action movie, set in the REAL world. Walker and Tyrese had great chemistry, and appeared to be having fun making the movie. Singleton's direction was fine. The soundtrack was kickass. Great chases, and great use of Miami. Just a complete thrill ride from start to finish. Get off your high horses, elitists. Just because it's popular with teens doesn't make it movie poison. Finally, will someone please recognize the greatness of the tilte : " 2 Fast 2 Furious ". It's clever, and it catches the attitude of the movie.

Grade : B +

OWNED
Old 06-14-03, 04:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Supreme Sean
Paul Walker OWNED all of you last weekend. That baby cartoon with the fish and that kung fu/sci- fi schlockfest got bitch slapped. 2 Fast 2 Furious delivered on every level. A REAL action movie, set in the REAL world. Walker and Tyrese had great chemistry, and appeared to be having fun making the movie. Singleton's direction was fine. The soundtrack was kickass. Great chases, and great use of Miami. Just a complete thrill ride from start to finish. Get off your high horses, elitists. Just because it's popular with teens doesn't make it movie poison. Finally, will someone please recognize the greatness of the tilte : " 2 Fast 2 Furious ". It's clever, and it catches the attitude of the movie.

OWNED
That's funny... about 16 people walked out of the showing I saw... guess they didn't share your opinion.
Old 06-14-03, 09:45 PM

Originally posted by Trigger
That's funny... about 16 people walked out of the showing I saw... guess they didn't share your opinion.

Well, 16 people walked out of a movie, ladies and gentlemen. I guess America has spoken. I don't know how the people involved in making this film are going to recover from this. Paul Walker is sure to be sad for days. Tyrese won't feel like singing for a while. The big heads at Universal will be so depressed that they won't come out of their offices for days. I mean, 16 people, man. That's more people than we lost in Vietnam, isn't it?

O W N E D
Old 06-15-03, 12:29 AM

Well, 16 people walked out of a movie, ladies and gentlemen. I guess America has spoken. I don't know how the people involved in making this film are going to recover from this. Paul Walker is sure to be sad for days. Tyrese won't feel like singing for a while. The big heads at Universal will be so depressed that they won't come out of their offices for days. I mean, 16 people, man. That's more people than we lost in Vietnam, isn't it?

O W N E D
Could you please stop saying "owned"? This isnt the vestibule you know...
Old 06-15-03, 01:12 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

O W N E D
gotta love new members
Old 06-16-03, 09:58 AM

this is becoming TopBunk quality!
Old 06-16-03, 04:28 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I thought the thing was funny, in an Ed-Wood-movie sort of way.
Old 06-16-03, 08:33 PM
Banned

OWNED
I bet you anything this n00b came fresh off the Nintendo/PS2/Xbox messageboard boat!

I bet you got a free six pack of Hot Wheel cars with your matinee ticket too didn't cha
Old 06-16-03, 10:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

O W N E D

Whoa! Your sarcasm is definately 2 fast 2 furious. I guess we are all OWNED! Why don't you go back to ClubSI.com?
Old 06-16-03, 10:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I saw it tonight. (Thanks Bittorrant!) It was funnier than the original but wasn't the same. It looked cheaper. The action sequences were lame. No turbo sound from the EVO? And I love how the cars had 15 gears, because the drivers were constantly shifting. Every time Walker was behind he just shifted and magically obtained first place. I liked Tyrese as I have with all his movies. The cars were lame. I love how Hollywood thinks the ricer thing is that great. Yes there are a lot of ricers but most of them drive 93 Civics, not Skylines and Supras. And having a main car be a Mistu Eclipse Convert? Please, can't get much more bling bling than that. Most ricers can afford is crap from Pepboys and the Wal-Mart speedshop. For some reason with all this negativity I really liked it. I think this would be a great series on TV. This is what Fastlane should have been.
Old 06-16-03, 11:10 PM

Originally posted by isamu
I bet you anything this n00b came fresh off the Nintendo/PS2/Xbox messageboard boat!

I bet you got a free six pack of Hot Wheel cars with your matinee ticket too didn't cha
Wait, I'm supposed to be the videogame playing child and you're the one with a Signature dedicated to Ridge Racer?

O W N E D
Old 06-16-03, 11:19 PM
Banned

Wait, I'm supposed to be the videogame playing child and you're the one with a Signature dedicated to Ridge Racer?

O W N E D
Hmm, I guess you do have a point there...
Old 06-17-03, 02:56 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

L-A-M-E movie

hopefully there won't be a part trois...
Old 06-17-03, 10:54 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OWNED
Clearly this film found it's audience
Old 06-17-03, 05:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Old 06-20-03, 06:09 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

"What up, Bullitt?"

That almost matches the classic lines from the first part..

"SWAT came into my house. Disrespected my whole family!!"

"Yo Dom! Why'd you bring the busta?" "Because the busta brought ME back!"

This movie was hysterically entertaining. Sometimes intentionally, sometimes not, but there was always something going on. Definitely "The Mummy Returns"-style bombardment filmmaking. 2F2F Much better than the first one, which was dumb as well, but not very exciting either.

I'm surprised the anti-ricer whiners around here didn't appreciate the part where they recognized the strength of the American muscle cars.