Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Willard Trailer

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-03, 10:03 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally posted by Mister Beefhead

Thankfully, the only preview I'm seeing lately is the slower-paced one with that slow song, with the female singer...now that preview really makes me want to see the movie. That song really makes it seem like a warped, offbeat kind of film. Just my type.
I also loved that trailer. But isn't it a young michael jackson who sings the song? Great song too.

Neitzl
Old 03-13-03, 10:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Neitzl
I also loved that trailer. But isn't it a young michael jackson who sings the song? Great song too.

Neitzl
Is it really? Wow, I'm not familiar with the song. Now I like the preview twice as much.
Old 03-19-03, 08:58 PM
RaZorBlade

Originally posted by Mister Beefhead
Is it really? Wow, I'm not familiar with the song. Now I like the preview twice as much.
Yeah, it's called Ben by MJ & the Jackson 5 in the 70s. It is actually about a rat (or mouse?) that he had when he was young that was his friend.

I thought it was 1000 times better than Bullet with Butterfly Wings as a song choice for the movie because it isn't so hard and angry (that doesn't seem to be what the movie's like), it just suits the creepy mood...
Old 03-20-03, 03:04 PM
CineSchlock-O-Rama

Originally posted by G. Noel Gross
Saw the flick earlier this week. It really is a gem of a remake. Actually, the newer trailers with Jacko's "Ben" theme are much closer to the overall tone of the film. I also interviewed the great R. Lee Ermey about his role, so look for that in my next column. Great stuff. I highly recommend the picture. Should make for a fantasic disc, as I got the feeling scenes were trimmed to get a PG-13. Besides Wong/Morgan really buy into the test screening thing (a la Final Destination).
The Ermey interview is now available.
Old 03-20-03, 08:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Will see this one for sure!! Glad to see that Crispin Glover is back, he had me in stitches in "River's edge" .
Old 03-22-03, 01:45 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
the trailer looks great...."rip them up!"