Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

WORST Movie you`ve ever seen

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

WORST Movie you`ve ever seen

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-02, 08:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anything by Woody Allen or Spike Lee would fall into the "Worsts movies ever".
Old 03-06-02, 08:59 AM

I've got to go with Bordello of Blood.
Old 03-06-02, 08:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,470 Likes on 935 Posts
Knights with Kris Kristofferson.

First imdb review:

"umm......simply the crappiest film ever"
Old 03-08-02, 04:32 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

In a movie theatre:
Lust In The Dust

On cable/video, two films that I refused to continue watching:
Leonard Part 6
Psycho....by Gus Van Sant. Amazing that an almost direct copy of one of my favorite films can be so bad. Or as I like to call it: Psycho....Now with masturbation!
Old 03-08-02, 10:00 AM

the three for me that i shut off were
Dark star
avenging disco godfather
Secret Agent 00-soul with billy dee williams, had breakdancing skeletons, a boom mike in one scene (on VHS) and no COLT 45.

those rosie films might be worse, i never saw them, i was scared off by the image of rosie in a leather teddy. Yecch.
Old 03-08-02, 05:38 PM

I almost forgot about Jake Speed!!!! I still think Moulin Rouge is the worst though.

-Fish
Old 03-08-02, 06:47 PM

The Pest starring john leguizamo
Old 03-08-02, 07:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Gone With The Wind . Some stuck-up c*nt gets slammed for three hours by ol' big ears Clark Gable, and I'm supposed to believe this is the romance of the century? Blow me!
Old 03-09-02, 02:07 PM
Suspended

Its interesting to see what people consider to be the WORST movie ever. A great many of the films listed here are bad, but at least they're technically competent on some level or another. They have a coherent story line, and are edited well enough to follow what's going on.

I've been going to the Seattle Film Festival (and various art house films) for over a decade now, and have had the pleasure of seeing thousands of films. In all that time, I've seen an army of post apocalyptic lesbian biker punks engage in an orgy of rape for 2 hours - and *THATS* it. I've seen movies that didn't actually have a plot - just 2 guys hanging out in one room talking (all the way up to the point where one guy pulls out a gun and kills the other guy). I've seen some boring, pointless, incoherent, stupid and inanely pretentious films - stuff that makes Battlefield Earth a bastion of good film making. Movies where the editor must have been on dangerous and experimental drugs at the time of splicing the film together. Movies where I was praying for death to take me before the final reel unspooled (and yet having paid good money, I was too stubborn to leave). Even "It's Pat" isn't that bad, compared to some of the pain I've endured.

In that light, to say that - oh say Phantom Menace or Gone With the Wind - are the worst movies ever confuses me. You may not have liked them - not every movie is going to work with every body. I absolutely loathed Lord of the Rings (I thought it was flawed on many different levels), but I'll admit that it was a well put together movie - it's just not designed for non-Tolken fans. I accept this and move on.

It may have not lived up to your expectations (in the case of Star Wars), or it may not have been what you were in the mood for - but if the movie is put together with any level of skill beyond a first year film student project, how could you say "Worst ever"?
Old 03-09-02, 07:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I wasn't speaking in terms of technical facility in regards to GWTW. I was referring to bad dialogue, overblown acting, and unsympathetic characters. I felt as if three hours of my life were stolen from me. The battle scenes were great, but unfortunately the movie wasn't a war film but an awful romance that didn't even move me.
Old 03-09-02, 07:29 PM

I think I have you all beat, and I haven't even read part of the thread. Anyway, part of making a movie a bad (horrible, suicidally bad) experience is the setting. It can take a really bad movie and make it much, much worse.

I was on a long flight and had to watch Straight Talk with Dolly Parton. Now, let me tell you, that was the longest flight EVER! Horrible, horrible movie, but with nothing else to do... Yikes, that sucked...
Old 03-09-02, 10:02 PM

Fargo is close to the top of the worst ever, I know some people love it, sorry....

But the worst might have to go to Homefries.
Old 03-10-02, 09:01 AM

Tough call...but off the top of my head I would have to say Jeepers Creepers.
Old 03-10-02, 12:22 PM

Originally posted by El-Kabong
Its interesting to see what people consider to be the WORST movie ever. A great many of the films listed here are bad, but at least they're technically competent on some level or another. They have a coherent story line, and are edited well enough to follow what's going on.

I've been going to the Seattle Film Festival (and various art house films) for over a decade now, and have had the pleasure of seeing thousands of films. In all that time, I've seen an army of post apocalyptic lesbian biker punks engage in an orgy of rape for 2 hours - and *THATS* it. I've seen movies that didn't actually have a plot - just 2 guys hanging out in one room talking (all the way up to the point where one guy pulls out a gun and kills the other guy). I've seen some boring, pointless, incoherent, stupid and inanely pretentious films - stuff that makes Battlefield Earth a bastion of good film making. Movies where the editor must have been on dangerous and experimental drugs at the time of splicing the film together. Movies where I was praying for death to take me before the final reel unspooled (and yet having paid good money, I was too stubborn to leave). Even "It's Pat" isn't that bad, compared to some of the pain I've endured.

In that light, to say that - oh say Phantom Menace or Gone With the Wind - are the worst movies ever confuses me. You may not have liked them - not every movie is going to work with every body. I absolutely loathed Lord of the Rings (I thought it was flawed on many different levels), but I'll admit that it was a well put together movie - it's just not designed for non-Tolken fans. I accept this and move on.

It may have not lived up to your expectations (in the case of Star Wars), or it may not have been what you were in the mood for - but if the movie is put together with any level of skill beyond a first year film student project, how could you say "Worst ever"?
A valid and interesting post, El-Kabong.

I think it's necessary in these kinds of threads to make a distinction between "Worst Movie You've Ever Seen", and "Worst Movie Ever Made". As such, because most people here haven't seen any of the dreck that people such as yourself have seen, it's fair to say most of the posts here are accurate in that they're the worst movies that the posters themselves have actually seen.

With that mentioned, I'll say that the worst movie I've ever seen is Wes Craven's Last House on the Left.
Old 03-10-02, 12:57 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,263 Likes on 841 Posts
Originally posted by El-Kabong
It may have not lived up to your expectations (in the case of Star Wars), or it may not have been what you were in the mood for - but if the movie is put together with any level of skill beyond a first year film student project, how could you say "Worst ever"? [/B]
Threads like this = Proof that most people have no clue as to what distinguishes a good film from a bad one.
Old 03-10-02, 07:20 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Pootie Tang - It was more than terrible!
Old 03-10-02, 11:47 PM

Originally posted by FonMan
and the worst movie of all time...
CABIN BOY
C'mon, doesn't Dave Letterman at least earn the movie enough points to propel it ahead of Battlefield Earth?
Old 03-11-02, 11:29 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Fast and the Furious is DEFINITELY the worst movie of all time. It was just excuse to make a movie about foreign cars that aren't fast unless you put nitrous on them. Gone in 60 seconds dwarfs this film.
Old 03-11-02, 11:48 AM

Freddy Got Fingered -- Absolute worst.
Old 03-11-02, 03:34 PM
Cool New Member

Battlefield Earth, closely followed by Pearl Harbor
Old 03-11-02, 03:37 PM
Retired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Pearl Harbor. I hated everything about that movie. I'm sure there are lots of movies out there that are much worse (i.e. Battlefield Earth, Freddy Got Fingered) but I don't waste my time watching movies that I'm 99.9 sure I'll hate based on the trailors, reviews or people involved.
Old 03-11-02, 03:49 PM
Cool New Member

I consider it (PH) nearly a complete waste of film. The plot is weak and the acting sucks. 2 hours of it is love story, and then there's a 1 hour CGI battle. What really gets my goat, though, is that a lot of people will probably "learn" about Pearl Harbor watching this movie. If a person really wants to know about PH, he should go ask a veteran. Sorry for the ranting; I was a history major in college.
Old 03-11-02, 05:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 696 Likes on 430 Posts
Originally posted by tdilia
Anything by Woody Allen or Spike Lee would fall into the "Worsts movies ever".
Old 03-12-02, 02:35 PM

Gotta be "Ready to Wear" (Pret a Portier?) by Altman. Paid the eight bucks. Sat through the first ten minutes of random incoherient images and walked out. Waiting around for the naked supermodels just wasn't woth it.
Old 03-12-02, 04:09 PM
Banned

Originally posted by towbinaj

avenging disco godfather
Oh... but this one is in the 'so bad it's good' category for me. The title is pure genius imo. ...and the lengths of the dance sequences are perfect in their comic timing, though otherwise puzzling.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.