Reload this Page >

Good TWEC (FYE, Coconuts, Strawberries, Wherehouse, etc.) Rebate Deals Part II

Community
Search

Good TWEC (FYE, Coconuts, Strawberries, Wherehouse, etc.) Rebate Deals Part II

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-04, 02:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thanks Lumberjack! that was the same list that I saw, but surly employees wouldn't let me copy anything down.

I think the Last Samurai and Kill Bill rebate is FYE only, though at my nearby store it was 22.99 before rebate. Still I would check the FYE store locator, there is a lot of territorial overlap between FYE and Strawberries, in Boston, many of the stores are only a few miles apart, FYE being mostly mall based, and the Strawberries mostly in strip centers.
Old 06-23-04, 02:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: Re: Re: Good TWEC (FYE, Coconuts, Strawberries, Wherehouse, etc.) Rebate Deals Part II

Originally posted by Dabaomb
Yup, this is what I mean. If they have the SCE's in stock, bring it up to the register and if they don't change the price to $4.99. Tell them that the SCE's are the one's pictured in the advertisement and they should give them to you for $4.99 each.
My only concern is - is there anything in the ad that would limit you to one DVD per purchase? They let me get all 3 with one purchase, I am afraid if I am a stickler about the version that they might only give me one at a time.
Old 06-23-04, 03:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Re: Re: Re: Re: Good TWEC (FYE, Coconuts, Strawberries, Wherehouse, etc.) Rebate Deals Part II

Originally posted by NCYankee
My only concern is - is there anything in the ad that would limit you to one DVD per purchase? They let me get all 3 with one purchase, I am afraid if I am a stickler about the version that they might only give me one at a time.
if I recall correctly, there's no restriction but I could be wrong.
Old 06-25-04, 03:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The last few times I have been in, they have made a point of saying over and over that the FYE sticker is not sufficient for rebates. Now I am starting to worry. Anyone have any apprehension on recent rebates that they sent out with the sticker instead of the barcode?
Old 06-25-04, 03:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'll say it again, from my own experience.

I have ALWAYS used the sticker and have received ALL my rebates (although the cooler was short by $2.00).

Not certain why this apprehension continues.
Old 06-25-04, 03:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
I was told that the sticker would not work while at Coconuts. They said that was what they were told by the honchos. I sent in the stickers anyway.
Old 06-25-04, 04:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Not really apprehension, just not sure whey they would be drumming it repeatedly everytime I go if it really didn't matter to them.
Old 06-25-04, 04:52 PM

Originally posted by kayak99
I'll say it again, from my own experience.

I have ALWAYS used the sticker and have received ALL my rebates (although the cooler was short by $2.00).

Not certain why this apprehension continues.
I also will back this up with my recent ROTK and GBU purchases (the Wherehouse). Both sent emails that said my rebates were valid.

Too bad I can't do it with GBA SP I bought today. They just pulled it out of the shipment and it didn't have a pricing sticker on it.

Look at it this way, if the rebate is going to the same rebate processors as the previous rebates, how can different FYE stores dictate that those from Strawberries (or fill in the blank) are unacceptable? The worst they could do is reject it and you only loose a stamp to resend it with your copies of your receipts and form....you do keep copies right?

Last edited by Bob330i; 06-25-04 at 04:56 PM.
Old 06-25-04, 05:36 PM

Does anyone know if there will be a rebate on South Park Season 4 or blazing saddles next week?
Old 06-25-04, 05:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by AdamComic2
Does anyone know if there will be a rebate on South Park Season 4 or blazing saddles next week?
from the first post of this thread which I always update:
6/29/04: South Park Season Four: $39.99 + Tax - $10 MIR

I don't know about Blazing Saddles yet.
Old 06-25-04, 05:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
When I bought the Simpsons season three box set it didn't have a sticker. So I asked the clerk for one and they made it. That's when they told me those aren't valid for rebates, but they'd be happy to do it anyway.
Old 06-25-04, 10:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I think this is more a case of store employees who have no clue than a problem with stickers. I am fairly certain the rebate center uses the UPC code on the sticker to validate the purchase.

When I inquired at my area FYE about the shortage on the Cooler DVD, he said all was handled by the center who they contracted to do the rebates and that the stores had no control over anything.

No one on here, that I have seen, has had their rebate rejected for using the sticker with the UOC code.

Personally I have cashed 10 or more rebate checks in the past couple of months and always use the sticker.
Old 06-29-04, 09:23 AM

Strawberries

Blazing Saddles 15.99 + tax - $7 MIR

Cold Mountain 19.99 + tax - $10 MIR
Perfect Score 19.99 + tax - $10 MIR
Barbershop 2 19.99 + tax - $10 MIR

South Park, S4 36.99 + tax - $10 MIR
CSI Miami, S1 69.99 + tax - $10 MIR
Old 06-29-04, 10:38 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I'm 99% sure those were the same prices at my FYE this morning, the only one I'm not sure of is Blazing Saddles, and it was within a buck or two, if not the same.
Old 06-29-04, 11:29 AM

does anyone remember if when kill bill first came out, if the rebate slip said original only?

because I remember making a copy of Kill Bill UPC and I got my rebate in the mail

plus I just bought 24 season 2, I really hate to cut the UPC off the bottom of the box. That would certainly suck, so I'm going to try and make a copy once again
Old 06-29-04, 12:22 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Why are you not using the UPC price sticker?
Old 06-29-04, 01:25 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by misterchimpy
Strawberries

Blazing Saddles 15.99 + tax - $7 MIR

Cold Mountain 19.99 + tax - $10 MIR
Perfect Score 19.99 + tax - $10 MIR
Barbershop 2 19.99 + tax - $10 MIR

South Park, S4 36.99 + tax - $10 MIR
CSI Miami, S1 69.99 + tax - $10 MIR
These are the same prices for FYE in NYC. Also, The Dick Van Dyke Show Season 5 had a $10 MIR (I can't remember if it was $39.99 or $49.99 after MIR).

Also, the price for the Vans Warped Tour from last week's rebates is: $14.99 + Tax - $10 MIR. I don't know the price of the DVD with the bonus disc.

Last edited by Dabaomb; 06-29-04 at 01:29 PM.
Old 06-29-04, 01:29 PM

is that the one that coconuts puts on there for you? If so can you really use that one
Old 06-29-04, 01:45 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by dan31655
is that the one that coconuts puts on there for you? If so can you really use that one
These rebates normally last for 2 weeks from the date of release. These rebates normally take 6 - 8 weeks and they're good because you can send in the UPC Price Sticker instead of the actual UPC (full details on sending in the rebate on the bottom of this post).
This quote is taken from the first post of this thread that I update all the time. Trust us, the UPC works. If you scan through the pages of this thread at least one person will confirm this on each page. I myself, have done somewhere in the neighborhood of 50 FYE rebates with 100% success using the UPC Price Sticker.
Old 06-29-04, 03:01 PM

sorry about that, but thanks for confirming it
Old 06-30-04, 09:32 AM

Went to local FYE last night:

1) There was a sign for $10 off 2 DVDs as posted in another thread(Chris-in-NJ), but in a smaller font below it says "Regularly Priced 19.99 or more". So it doesn't apply to sale items, though if you wanted to be a PITA you could argue that a sale item is something that is 'regularly priced' over 19.99 and therefore eligible for the additional discount. Good luck!

2) Additional Cold Mountain deal, Buy Cold Mountain and instantly save $7 off The English Patient or Chicago. This was in a stack of papers near the cash register, didn't seem to have a coupon needed.

3) There was new instore signage for a 7/13/04 promotion for the new 'upgraded' edition of The Bourne Identity, Receive Movie Cash to see The Bourne Supremacy with purchase while supplies last. Don't know whether this was FYE specific, or any other details, but it was an FYE sign, not a studio one.

4) Clerk went out of his way to tell me to submit both rebates(bought Cold Mountain and Blazing Saddles) in one envelope, going so far as to actually mark both purchases on the rebate form before handing it to me(!). I have been doing that all along without any problem, my guess is that they get charged by Parago for every envelope they process, and may be trying to save some money...

5) For those who have sticker anxiety, Cold Mountain has a separate UPC code sticker on the shrink wrap.
Old 06-30-04, 09:58 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by misterchimpy
3) There was new instore signage for a 7/13/04 promotion for the new 'upgraded' edition of The Bourne Identity, Receive Movie Cash to see The Bourne Supremacy with purchase while supplies last. Don't know whether this was FYE specific, or any other details, but it was an FYE sign, not a studio one.
This is probably studio specific. The Bourne Identity Explosive Edition will come with movie cash (Universal does this with all there useless double dips that are issued prior to the sequals release....e.g. The Fast & Furious, Pitch Black, Bourne Identity).
Old 06-30-04, 10:10 AM

Originally posted by misterchimpy 4) Clerk went out of his way to tell me to submit both rebates(bought Cold Mountain and Blazing Saddles) in one envelope, going so far as to actually mark both purchases on the rebate form before handing it to me(!).
Yes, this happened to me on my three different purchases. The clerk marked the rebate forms before he/she handed them to me. I guess TW is getting mismarked rebate forms so they mandated the cashiers to mark them? Odd.
Old 06-30-04, 10:18 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

anyone know what the warped tour bonus disc is?
Old 06-30-04, 01:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Anybody know the price of English Patient? I may get it and Cold Mountain...

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.