Community
Search

Good TWEC (FYE, Coconuts, Strawberries, Wherehouse, etc.) Rebate Deals Part II

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-04, 10:07 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Dabaomb
it may vary by location. The NYC region flyer had it priced like this.

Try calling up that store again and asking them if they have an advertisement for this week and to see if it's priced at $39.99 in the ad. If they don't have the ad, ask if it's possible to scan the item because you were told that it was on sale for $39.99.
I called another store but they were sold out and couldn't check the price (computer down). They both told me that their ad prices end Wednesday, and the first guy seemed rather surprised that season 1 was still on sale.
Old 06-18-04, 10:16 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

it's in the first post of this thread
$19.99 + Tax - $10 MIR

If you pre-order it (I think by Saturday or Sunday), you get a free t-shirt when you pick up the DVD.
thank you!
Old 06-19-04, 08:00 PM

I also got only $8 back for the Cooler dvd. I sent email to rebateshq.com and also fye.com to complain. I had also faxed them the form when I originally got the email. Anybody get the full $10 yet?
Old 06-19-04, 11:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by PhilT
I also got only $8 back for the Cooler dvd. I sent email to rebateshq.com and also fye.com to complain. I had also faxed them the form when I originally got the email. Anybody get the full $10 yet?
Someone claimed to have gotten an $8 check along with a seperate $2 check. I am in the exact same boat as you-I faxed them the rebate form and I still only received the $8 rebate check.
Old 06-20-04, 12:35 AM

I had faxed them the form right after I got the email. Emailed today, got a "canned" response to fax them the form. I replied that I had done that already and they replied back that it takes 7 weeks for them to process the faxes. It only took a couple week s to process the original submission!
Old 06-20-04, 06:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Anyone think there'll be some sort of rebate for Secret Window?
Old 06-20-04, 08:26 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by ignition
Anyone think there'll be some sort of rebate for Secret Window?
it's highly likely. all high profile releases have had $7 or $10 rebates lately.
Old 06-20-04, 09:19 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by PhilT
I got the $10 rebate for the Cooler, all in one check. I guess I never updated this thread. Thought I did though

The weird thing about the rebate was that instead of it being labeled as a Cooler rebate, it was labeled Stuck On You. It's almost as if the rebate folks just "fixed" my rebate by changing it to another rebate that was for $10. That makes sense to me since it wasn't likely a human error on the part of the folks processing the rebates. Most likely it was a human error in the data input process when they entered the rebate info into their computer system. It was probably easier for them to just switch the rebate number, rather than override the price of the rebate.

Hope you get yours!
Old 06-21-04, 10:02 AM

Originally posted by Sweet Baby James
Someone claimed to have gotten an $8 check along with a seperate $2 check. I am in the exact same boat as you-I faxed them the rebate form and I still only received the $8 rebate check.
after sending emails & faxes, I got a $2 check then an $8 check about 2 weeks later.
Old 06-21-04, 04:02 PM

Ack, does anyone have an extra rebate form with 50 First Dates and the Simpsons seasons 1-3 that they could sent to me? Long story...
Old 06-21-04, 10:26 PM

Just a question about the rebates, do you guys send it all together for each week or do you put each title from the rebate into a seperate envelope.

To me all on one makes sense and saves the stamps and time, but the form says one title submission per envelope. So I just wanted to know which do you do it and what works.

Later
Old 06-22-04, 01:04 AM

Originally posted by shawagg
...do you guys send it all together for each week or do you put each title from the rebate into a seperate envelope.
On two separate occasions I mailed one rebate form with four titles checked and submitted. I received all four rebates on each of the two submissions, eight rebates in all, including the much talked about Cooler rebate.

Yes, only $8 on that one.
Old 06-22-04, 04:48 AM

what a pain in the ass. I am done with these bozos' rebates.
stating $10 and getting only $8.
Old 06-22-04, 06:38 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally posted by babka
what a pain in the ass. I am done with these bozos' rebates.
stating $10 and getting only $8.
Even though they screwed up this once, all of the other rebates have been fine. Besides, it's only $2 dude...
Old 06-22-04, 08:41 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

This week's rebate deals (6/22/04 - 7/5/04):
Badder Santa: $19.99 + Tax - $10 MIR
Reno 911 Season 1: $19.99 + Tax - $10 MIR
Joe Schmoe Season 1: $36.99 + Tax - $10 MIR
Vans Warped Tour: $10 MIR
Vans Warped Tour w/Bonus Disc: $10 MIR
Secret Window: $19.99 + Tax - $10 MIR

The T-shirt that came with the Bad Santa pre-order says " BAD SANTA" in green font over the left chest. On the back in big red letters, "HE DOESN'T CARE IF YOU'RE NAUGHTY OR NICE." Unfortunately, the store only had XL, but I think that some stores had Large.

In terms of Reno 911, the Rockefellar Center NYC store didn't even know about the rebate. I don't think that corporate told them about it. They only found out when I pointed it out on the rebate form.

Finally, the Secret Window rebate was on a different form all by itself for some reason this week.
Old 06-22-04, 10:07 AM

Yeah, the t-shirt was surprisingly nice at least relative to some of the cheesy preorder premiums they've had recently.

By the way, my rebate for The Rundown showed up yesterday. I never got an email from them and it never showed up on the website. As it turns out, they had misspelled my last name(nothing that will prevent me from cashing it, hah!), so it is on the site under the misspelling. After I got it, I checked my mailbox again and it turns out that the rebate confirm had been dumped by the spam filter into the bulk mail box. Anyway, just something to keep in mind if your rebate mysteriously 'vanishes'.

New preorder: Hellboy(7/27/04) 19.99 + tax - $10 MIR

EDIT: Another one:

13 Going on 30(8/3/04) 19.99 + tax - $10 MIR

Last edited by misterchimpy; 06-22-04 at 01:37 PM.
Old 06-22-04, 06:24 PM

I just called my local Strawberries store and they know nothing about any current $10 MIR for either of Kill Bill Vol. 1 or The Last Samurai. These two titles are listed on the top post in this thread and are implied to be still active. The store clerk thought it might be an FYE-only thing, but definitely not a Strawberries thing :-(
Old 06-23-04, 09:33 AM
FSA

lumberjack: Thanks a lot for updating the list. It's really helpful.
Old 06-23-04, 09:36 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Lumberjack, thanks I updated the first post. It's interesting that The Punisher has a $12 MIR.
Old 06-23-04, 10:00 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
It's interesting that The Punisher has a $12 MIR. [/B]
Yeah, I thought that, too. I went ahead and put five bucks deposit on it. In hindsight, that didn't do me any good. They could change the rebate amount several times between now and release week.
Old 06-23-04, 10:03 AM

Lumberjack, thanks I updated the first post. It's interesting that The Punisher has a $12 MIR.
That is interesting. Too good to be true? Perhaps. Cause it almost sounds similar to getting the full $10 rebate off the $15.99 The Cooler DVD price. I'm once again cynical, about this Punisher rebate that is.

Last edited by JediMasterDan; 06-23-04 at 10:09 AM.
Old 06-23-04, 11:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 365 Likes on 306 Posts
definately, thanks lumberjack.

the MIR's on 13 Going on 30, Hidalgo, and Kill Bill Vol. 2, sound tempting
Old 06-23-04, 11:22 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by MickM
I just called my local Strawberries store and they know nothing about any current $10 MIR for either of Kill Bill Vol. 1 or The Last Samurai. These two titles are listed on the top post in this thread and are implied to be still active. The store clerk thought it might be an FYE-only thing, but definitely not a Strawberries thing :-(
the signs are still up at the Rockefellar Center NYC FYE. I never got to look at the rebate form though cuz I already own both titles. So unfortunately, I don't know the expiration dates on the rebates.

PS: It looks like Lumberjack deleted his post with the future rebates. Check the first post of this thread for those details. Once again, thanks to lumberjack for his hard work.
Old 06-23-04, 12:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: Good TWEC (FYE, Coconuts, Strawberries, Wherehouse, etc.) Rebate Deals Part II

$4.99 with any purchase:
The Hunter for Red October, Clear & Present Danger, and Patriot Games
(It's supposed to be the old non-anamorphic editions which had a price drop to $9.99 but the advertisement shows the new CE's which had a price drop to $14.99; so you can probably get the new CE's for $4.99 with any purchase)
I picked these up yesterday with Reno 911 as a present for my father-in-law (I already got the 4-disc SCE set at Sam's club for $27). They are the older transfers. At first I wasn't going to bother with them, but my father-in-law has an old TV and uses its stereo speakers, so I doubt he would get much benefit from the newer ones (other than the extras).

For the record - the new ones are only $9.36 at DDD, so with the 20% sale going on the final price is $7.50 - about the same as the Sam's club 4-pack.

Do you mean that if they show the SCE's in the ad, then they should sell me them if I complain?

Last edited by NCYankee; 06-23-04 at 12:33 PM.
Old 06-23-04, 12:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Re: Re: Good TWEC (FYE, Coconuts, Strawberries, Wherehouse, etc.) Rebate Deals Part II

Originally posted by NCYankee
Do you mean that if they show the SCE's in the ad, then they should sell me them if I complain?
Yup, this is what I mean. If they have the SCE's in stock, bring it up to the register and if they don't change the price to $4.99. Tell them that the SCE's are the one's pictured in the advertisement and they should give them to you for $4.99 each.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.