Reload this Page >

Good TWEC (FYE, Coconuts, Strawberries, Wherehouse, etc.) Rebate Deals Part II

Community
Search

Good TWEC (FYE, Coconuts, Strawberries, Wherehouse, etc.) Rebate Deals Part II

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-04, 10:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is it too late to do the pre-order deal on Star Wars at FYE with the GCs? I thought I read that the GC promotion (buy $50, get $10) expires tomorrow (9/11).
Old 09-10-04, 10:57 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
you can still do it.
Old 09-10-04, 10:58 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

You can buy the GC's until tomorow and pre-prder Star Wars at the same time (get the GC FIRST, then use $5 of it for the pre-order).

The GC's have no expiration date so when SW comes in you can use the card(s) to pay for it.
Old 09-10-04, 11:06 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

This month's $7 MIR offer:
Starsky & Hutch: $22.99 + tax - $7 MIR
Hell Boy: $24.99 + Tax - $7 MIR

Scooby-Doo 2 is $14.99 after MIR.
Old 09-10-04, 01:05 PM

$5 off at Strawberries

Saw this on FW:

$5 off CD/DVD at Strawberries ($12.99 and up)

http://wods.thesavingzone.com/conten...dVideo_326.htm
Old 09-10-04, 03:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

has anyone tried anything with Day After Tomorrow? do you need to preorder it? do they have preorder for it? do you preorder to lock in the 19.99 price? that seems to be generally how it goes but im curious if anyone has done it yet with this movie.
Old 09-10-04, 04:22 PM

Originally posted by JWolff
Is it too late to do the pre-order deal on Star Wars at FYE with the GCs? I thought I read that the GC promotion (buy $50, get $10) expires tomorrow (9/11).
Just a warning. At my Wherehouse today, they refused to take same day GC/purchase transactions on another deal (GBA and Pokemon games). Both the asst mgr and store manager refused to allow me to use either the $50 GC or the free $10 GC (planning to purchase $150 worth) and purchase the GBA and games.

I called corporate care center and they held the line. They all told me that the intent of the program is to give the $50 as a gift and as a "thank you", the $10 is yours. They "graciously" would allow me to use the $10 GCs but not the $50 GCs. WTF?

I have a call into the district manager but I'm not hopeful that it will be resolved by tomorrow when the GC offer expires. They just lost some business over this lame policy.

Yes, I probably could have just bought the GCs and come back another day, but: 1) I'm 25 miles away, 2) since I've talked with both mgrs and corporate, I can't just sneak in and use the GCs unnoticed. It's just a bad deal all around.

I hope this doesn't happen with SW on 21st. I was able to do the GC/deposit transaction last Monday no problem.
Old 09-10-04, 07:38 PM

I was also told of the of the same day limitation at Strawberries. I told them that I was planning to use both GCs myself and they said it was absolutely fine. I don't know how anyone could enforce a policy that disallowed it.

Originally posted by Bob330i
Just a warning. At my Wherehouse today, they refused to take same day GC/purchase transactions on another deal (GBA and Pokemon games). Both the asst mgr and store manager refused to allow me to use either the $50 GC or the free $10 GC (planning to purchase $150 worth) and purchase the GBA and games.

I called corporate care center and they held the line. They all told me that the intent of the program is to give the $50 as a gift and as a "thank you", the $10 is yours. They "graciously" would allow me to use the $10 GCs but not the $50 GCs. WTF?

I have a call into the district manager but I'm not hopeful that it will be resolved by tomorrow when the GC offer expires. They just lost some business over this lame policy.

Yes, I probably could have just bought the GCs and come back another day, but: 1) I'm 25 miles away, 2) since I've talked with both mgrs and corporate, I can't just sneak in and use the GCs unnoticed. It's just a bad deal all around.

I hope this doesn't happen with SW on 21st. I was able to do the GC/deposit transaction last Monday no problem.
Old 09-11-04, 08:01 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

My FYE had no limitations, in fact they thought it was a good idea to use them on same day purchases. Could be the clerk but it works for me!

That they woiuld not allow you to use the GF makes no sense anyway. Nothing would have prevented you from handing it to a companion as a "gift".

This company keeps these policies up and they will lose a lot.

Wonder if a Best Buy exec just went over to FYE/Strawberry's etc.? That would explain a lot! haha
Old 09-11-04, 12:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Bob330i

That makes no sense at all. When I bought my GCs at FYE, they told me the $10 card would not be activated until the next day (which makes more sense).
Old 09-11-04, 07:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I have just returned from FYE where I purchased another $50 card and received another $10 GC since I know I will use them in the next few months.

I asked the manager (a different one than the last visit) if I could use the cards immediately and he said, yes, I could use them now since he had activated both cards. I didn't but he would have accepted it.

Someone within that company is not communicating correctly.
Old 09-11-04, 09:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Has anyone received the $20 rebate for the June TV Box Set offer? According to my tracking number, the $20 rebate check was processed on August 24. I also had two Simpsons rebates that were processed on the same day and I received both of those rebates on August 31. I'm starting to worry that this rebate got lost in the mail or that they never sent it out in the first place. Has anyone ever not receive a rebate check and was able to get them to send out a replacement check? Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Old 09-12-04, 02:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I think I know the answer.

I went to my local FYE on Friday to buy a PS2 with this deal. I asked the manager if I could buy the GC's and use them immediately towards a PS2. He said I "could", but he rather I didn't. According to him, the GC is a promotion for the employees, whoever sells the most gets a bonus or something. But, GC's used the same day are not counted towards that person's totals used in the contest. So, that may explain why some of you aren't "allowed" to use them that day, the store manager just won't let you.

So, I just got the GC's and left for the day. They actually didn't have any PS2's when I went back on Saturday, but there should be more coming in on Friday. I'm in no big rush to get one, so it's all good for me. $130 after tax for a new PS2 is A-ok to me.
Old 09-12-04, 06:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Always more to the story...

Thanks spankyj, that does explain the different answers we were given!
Old 09-12-04, 06:44 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 946 Likes on 792 Posts
Can you use the online FYE.com coupon for in-store purchases? I went and preordered from my FYE and I didn't get a rebate form or anything and figured I could use this online one, but it says FYE.com specifically, so now I am stumped. Please someone help me. Thanks in advance.
Old 09-12-04, 07:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

What online FYE.com coupon?
Old 09-13-04, 10:06 AM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 946 Likes on 792 Posts
It's the rebate for $15 off after purchase. Can anyone answer my original question? Thanks.
Old 09-13-04, 10:27 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Someone already answered just one page back:

09-04-04 11:27 PM
_____
quote:
Originally posted by mike01
All of you that have pre ordered Star Wars, are you getting rebate forms now or will they be shipped to the store with the movie?

they'll give you the rebate form when you pick up your pre-order.

Dabaomb
Old 09-13-04, 10:57 AM

Gift card deal is now dead by the way, at least it was at local Strawberries this a.m.

Also, I may not be able to hit Strawberries tomorrow at least for a while, I will post later in the day if it hasn't been done.

Last edited by misterchimpy; 09-13-04 at 04:23 PM.
Old 09-13-04, 11:09 AM

Hey guys,

Yeah, sucks that the GC deal is over or else I would have pursued it a bit more with my local Wherehouse. The store "competition" might be the reason why you couldn't buy and purchase. I saw that flyer sitting on one of the counters a couple weeks back when the promo first started.

The odd thing is that I called corporate care (which I assume would not necessarily be regional) and they gave me the same story. The two managers I talked with would only ok the same day transaction if corporate or the regional manager ok'ed it. Obviously, it didn't happen nor did the regional manager call me back as of today.

So I think that the guys who were able to do the same day transactions at their stores, the managers ignored or didn't enforce the current position. I'm glad it worked out for you guys.

To "NCYankee", I preordered Star Wars and used the $10 GC immediately a couple weeks back with no problem before they instituted this policy. So it's not an activation issue. It is active as soon as the cashier swipes/scans the GC and is paid for.

Anyhow, I went to BB to pick up the games I wanted for about the same price (sale and GCC coupons) but am still waiting for a better deal on a GBA SP (currently $70 at Fry's).
Old 09-14-04, 08:56 AM

Strawberries

Man on Fire 19.99 + tax - $7 MIR
Home on the Range 19.99 + tax - $5 MIR
Angels in America 29.99 + tax - $7 MIR
Scooby Doo 2 19.99 + tax - $5 MIR

Last edited by misterchimpy; 09-14-04 at 09:23 AM.
Old 09-14-04, 01:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The prices that misterchimpy posted are the same for NYC (Rockefellar Center).

Also, some upcoming pre-orders:
11/2/04: Shrek 2: $14.99 after MIR (pre-orders come with a free plush toy (Shrek, Donkey, or Puss N Boots))
11/23/04: Harry Potter & The Prisoner of Azkaban: $14.99 after MIR
11/30/04: Spider-Man 2: $14.99 after MIR (Pre-orders come with a free gift that wasn't mentioned)
Old 09-15-04, 06:21 AM

I thought that Shrek was going to have a $7 MIR, with a $19.99 pre-order price. I guess that has changed now, eh?

What about Alladin SE? Is it still listed as a $19.99 pre-order with a $7 MIR?

I missed out on the days of the $10 MIRs, and thought that the $7 MIRs was perhaps worth my time. If all of the MIRs are dropping to $5, then FYE is no better than buying the day of release at Walmart.

For example, I pre-ordered Home on the Range, and after tax and MIR, my total cost will be $16.19 (+ $0.37 stamp).

I stopped in my local Walmart yesterday, and saw that Home on the Range was selling for $15.25, or $16.17 with tax.

Thankfully they had that $50 GC, get a $10 GC free deal, otherwise I would be bummed right now that I had any pre-orders placed with FYE.

-Rick
Old 09-15-04, 09:31 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Preorder Question

When is the last day FYE accepts preorders for a specific DVD? Is it one day before the release day?
Old 09-15-04, 03:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

FYE accepts preorders the day before the release.

Stopped there today, picked up Man on Fire (nice to have all these $50/60 GC's

Asked about Star Wars. Yep they were in the back but the clerk was told he would lose his job if they released them before Tuesday.

Oh well, I'm not in any hurry. Probably won't watch them for a couple of weeks anyway.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.