Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Titanic 4 Disc set...pre-order

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-05, 08:40 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So...with this most recent news...

More details are coming in as the launch date of Titanic: Collector's Edition looms closer. Okay, so here's what we can tell you so far: the film will be released in a two-disc "Special Edition" and a four-disc "Deluxe Collector's Edition" in non-Region 1 Europe, Australia and Latin America. Both configurations will feature three commentary tracks, a never-before-seen nine-minute alternate ending to the film and 50 minutes of branching featurettes during the movie. The four-disc edition also will include 45 minutes of deleted scenes, a making-of documentary, production and special effects featurettes, Celine Dion's music video and DVD-ROM material.
Now here's where Region 1 people may want to bite on their arms as they read on: from the looks of it, the four-disc "Deluxe Collector's Edition" will include additional bonus materials not available on the U.S. three-disc set. These will include the "HBO First Look: The Heart of the Ocean" making-of special, a collection of TV spots & trailers and three Easter Egg parody shorts ("Titanic in 30 Seconds With Bunnies," "MTV Movie Awards" and "SNL Skit With Bill Paxton and James Cameron"). Oh, and did I forget to mention that the two- and four-disc editions also will include DTS-ES 6.1 tracks? Yup, they certainly do. The domestic three-disc set will include only Dolby Digital 5.1 EX.
anyone want to list the places that are getting the 4 disc set and if they have it up for pre-order? I'm all over an NTSC version.
Old 09-03-05, 07:03 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Amazon UK's PAL version is about 20 pounds, for what it's worth.
Old 09-03-05, 08:23 AM

Any word on a release in Japan?
Old 09-03-05, 10:47 PM

hi digitalfreaknyc,
Where did you get the info from about DTS? as Amazon doesn't mention it.
Jezza
Old 09-04-05, 12:58 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by bjackson
Any word on a release in Japan?
Any of the asian countries aren't getting it. Our only hope for an NTSC version would be Latin America and that would be Brazil R4 I guess.

Where did you get the info from about DTS? as Amazon doesn't mention it.
Check the main forum. There's A LOT of people pissed. Official press release.
Old 09-05-05, 04:05 AM

Region 4 will also have 6.1 DTS audio...

We got a press release here today in Australia . See below:

RE-DISCOVER THE BIGGEST FILM OF ALL-TIME TITANIC (30th November 2005)
Go Deeper with the New to Special Edition Worldwide DVD Release
Experience a New Ending, New Kiss, and New Adventure Sydney, Australia, 5th September 2005 – Continue the voyage and explore more of the biggest film of all-time, with James Cameron’s OSCAR®-winning epic TITANIC on DVD 30th November 2005. To be released for the first time as Special Edition DVDs, TITANIC will be available in multi-disc versions, it was announced today by Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment International and Lightstorm Entertainment. These all-new DVD editions go deeper into TITANIC bringing a fresh level of excitement to the ever popular film, offering viewers the opportunity to experience a new ending, a new kiss and many new adventures.

The dive further into this box-office phenomenon will begin in September with the launch of the TITANIC Special Edition DVD website: titanicthemovie.com. At titanicmovie.com fans can participate in the “TITANIC Trivia King of the World” contest; view “Titanic Revealed” to see key scenes with text balloons revealing little-known facts about the film; discover deleted scenes; and more.

With the 2-disc Special Edition consumers will see the newly remastered theatrical feature along with a wide selection of all new materials put together under the direction of James Cameron.

In addition to taking viewers through the special features of the 2-disc set, the journey of the 4-disc Deluxe Collector’s Edition goes even deeper with over three additional hours of never-before-seen material brought together especially for this release. These special features give viewers an insider’s look at scenes that didn’t make it to the final cut of the film, show James Cameron in action during production, and much more about the legendary TITANIC than ever imagined. It also includes Titanic television specials, parodies, and trailers.

SPECIAL FEATURES
2-DISC SPECIAL EDITION
o New Ending: a nine minute alternate film ending shown for the very first time.

o Behind-the-Scenes Branched Footage: from exclusive footage of Kate Winslet and Leonardo DiCaprio to a glance into what really happened behind-the-scenes of this multi-million dollar production, and much more. Viewers get 50 minutes of new branched footage.

o Three Brad New Commentaries: includes a James Cameron commentary; a cast and crew commentary; and a historical commentary.

4-DISC DELUXE COLLECTOR’S EDITION
Includes the 2-disc Special Edition plus more than three hours of never-before-seen material:

o Over 45 Minutes of New Deleted Footage: Jack fighting for his life, the passionate kiss you never saw, and Jack and Rose in their final moments together, this is just a sampling of over 45 minutes of new deleted scenes made available for the first time. Each scene is state of the art, with the effects finished to match the special effects in the theatrical feature.

o Production and Special Effects Featurettes: with this selection of featurettes, take an insiders look at James Cameron in action. Get a better understanding of what goes on behind-the-scenes of a major movie production. Experience the building of the “TITANIC” studio and film set from the ground up. Dissect scenes. Dive to the wreckage of the actual ship. View the film crew’s personal video footage and much more.

o “Breaking New Ground”: this TV special shows that there is much more to TITANIC than you ever imagined. Watch the monumental efforts that went into creating this film, beginning with building a studio just for the production of TITANIC through to its changing of industry standards, and breaking industry records.

o “The Heart of the Ocean”: HBO’s First Look TV special takes a look at TITANIC before it became the largest floating vessel of the worldwide box-office that we know today

o Three TITANIC Parodies: watch as the biggest film of all-time is spoofed in these three pieces

o Trailers: a selection of trailers, including some never-before-aired or shown
TITANIC will be presented from a brand new high definition transfer, 16x9 anamorphic edition with 5.1 Surround EX Dolby and 6.1 DTS ES Audio offering the highest visual and sound quality on DVD.

To support the new Special Edition DVD releases, Fox has put together a Titanic-size marketing, publicity, promotions and media campaign. With planned media targeting television, print, radio, and online outlets, a far-reaching publicity campaign via print and broadcast, and extensive media promotions, the TITANIC Special Edition release is Fox’s biggest catalog launch since The Star Wars Trilogy. TITANIC’S fantastic voyage had an enormous effect on the movie-going public. The tale of the famed ocean liner touched audience’s worldwide beginning with its debut in Australia on December 18, 1997, charting a course into industry record books with incredible speed. The film’s now legendary box office - having spent more than 38 weeks in release, including 15 consecutive weekends at the top of the US box office - totals more than $1.8 billion – ($600.8 million US/$1.2 billion internationally). Now eight years after its theatrical release, TITANIC stands alone as the only film to ever achieve more than $1 billion worldwide.

As Region 4 is normally cheaper than Region 2, Australia would be the way to go.
Old 09-05-05, 06:34 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by jezza01
As Region 4 is normally cheaper than Region 2, Australia would be the way to go.
Agreed.

Still waiting to hear about Brazil's R4 release. That would be NTSC.
Old 09-05-05, 09:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 257 Likes on 181 Posts
Originally Posted by digitalfreaknyc
Still waiting to hear about Brazil's R4 release. That would be NTSC.
If all of the content looks to be identical to some of the PAL releases, the Brazilian disc may be a PAL-to-NTSC conversion, which won't help you out much.
Old 10-01-05, 06:37 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Josh Z
If all of the content looks to be identical to some of the PAL releases, the Brazilian disc may be a PAL-to-NTSC conversion, which won't help you out much.
Not true. Never had a disc from there with that problem (that I know of). The material would be originally mastered in NTSC anyway.

Interesting that I don't see pre-orders for a lot of the NTSC locations: Brazil, Korea, Hong Kong, etc.
Old 10-01-05, 12:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 257 Likes on 181 Posts
Not true. Never had a disc from there with that problem (that I know of).
I have a Brazilian copy of Dune that's a PAL to NTSC port of the UK transfer of the movie. It runs 4% faster than a true NTSC transfer.

The material would be originally mastered in NTSC anyway.
The movie will be mastered in both separate PAL and NTSC versions for different territories. Whether Brazil gets the true NTSC master or tries to convert the PAL master remains to be seen. As I said, if the bonus material content appears to be identical to that appearing only on PAL copies elsewhere, the likelihood of a PAL to NTSC conversion is high.
Old 10-01-05, 03:55 PM
Cool New Member

4-DVD NTSC version available in Mexico
Old 10-01-05, 08:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by CptBlackadder
4-DVD NTSC version available in Mexico
A little over $30.00 before shipping.

And comes out the 7th of October too!
Old 10-02-05, 02:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
and no james cameron to be seen
Old 10-02-05, 05:51 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Bill Geiger
A little over $30.00 before shipping.

And comes out the 7th of October too!
SOLD!

Edit: Do they ship to the US?

Last edited by digitalfreaknyc; 10-02-05 at 06:10 AM.
Old 10-02-05, 06:18 AM
Banned

A lot cheaper here...and yes, Cameron is still there.

http://www.sanborns.com.mx/sanborns/...subdept_id=304

Plus still can't find anyone who ships to the US.

Last edited by digitalfreaknyc; 10-02-05 at 06:22 AM.
Old 10-02-05, 07:46 AM
Cool New Member

Thanks for the cheaper link. Both shops ship internationally. Odd, the international shipping rates are exactly the same, as is most of the text of the shipping rates page and the layout including URL. Looks like they are affiliated somehow.

Shipping rates mixup.com
Shipping rates sanborns.com
Old 10-02-05, 07:49 AM
Banned

How do you get them to do international shipping?

Edit: Forget it. Figured it out.

Last edited by digitalfreaknyc; 10-02-05 at 07:53 AM.
Old 10-02-05, 08:08 AM
Cool New Member

I just tried to order it at sanborns.com and the total is 40 Euro or 48 US$. Ouch! Hmm, maybe I'll wait and see what the price is in other South American territories.
Old 10-02-05, 08:14 AM
Banned

Yeah....$45 here. Have to wait and see here as well...or see if I could get someone there to pick me up a copy. I don't understand why shipping costs almost as much as the discs.

Edit: Here's another retailer in Mexico:

http://www.esmascompras.com/pesquisa...produto=439475

Last edited by digitalfreaknyc; 10-02-05 at 09:07 AM.
Old 10-02-05, 08:32 AM
Banned

South Africa:
$40 WITHOUT shipping

http://www.kalahari.net/bk/product.a...&format=detail
Old 10-02-05, 09:43 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm hoping that cd-wow will stock the 4-disc version at some point. They usually have pretty decent prices, and they are showing the 2-disc R2(UK) for pre-order at $14.95. I'm guessing if they stock the 4-disc, it'll probably run 25-35, which is totally acceptable for me.
Old 10-02-05, 09:46 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Shagrath
I'm hoping that cd-wow will stock the 4-disc version at some point. They usually have pretty decent prices, and they are showing the 2-disc R2(UK) for pre-order at $14.95. I'm guessing if they stock the 4-disc, it'll probably run 25-35, which is totally acceptable for me.
I think a lot of us in this thread are waiting for an NTSC release. If I have to pay extra for it, that's fine by me.
Old 10-02-05, 10:28 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I think a lot of us in this thread are waiting for an NTSC release. If I have to pay extra for it, that's fine by me.
I understand that, but I just want the 4th disc. I have quite a few PAL discs, and I've never noticed a speedup at all. I know it's there, but it's not noticeable to me.
Old 10-02-05, 06:19 PM

Better resolution if you have PAL equipment anyway
Old 10-02-05, 08:34 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by steelpotato
Better resolution if you have PAL equipment anyway
Which most people in the US don't...and yeah, better resolution (not by much) but you have to deal with the speed-up. THat's not a trade I'm prepared to make.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.