Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

One and only non-R1 Kill Bill news / reviews / discussion thread

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

One and only non-R1 Kill Bill news / reviews / discussion thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-04, 04:59 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If it looks that smooth, I might just keep both...
Old 05-01-04, 10:42 PM

Originally posted by purpendicular
Also, Sophie should have had no arms when she was rolling down the hill in the Japanese version, tsk tsk tsk Quentin...a little digital manipulation could have probably taken care of that in a quick.
I dunno, Uma cuts off her bare limb just a couple inches below her elbow...plenty of arm left from which her long sleeve hangs/whips around as she rolls down the hill.
Old 05-02-04, 12:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2,213 Likes on 1,510 Posts
Originally posted by eMoneyBags
Would you be so kind as to try to translate the oval sticker on the DVD, which says something about Vol.2 and 3990 Yen. Also inside the covers there is something that mentions "Discount ticket" and Vol.2. Any idea what this discount ticket is good for ?
Not sure about the sticker, because I don't have one. I bought the box set from Amazon, and there was no sticker on the packaging. The "discount ticket" is basically a coupon that gets you 200 yen off of the ticket price if you see Vol 2 in a Japanese theatre. Of course, its not useful for most of us, and considering the average movie ticket in Japan can be around 2000 yen (almost $20 US) its not really much of a discount anyway.
Old 05-02-04, 06:28 AM

Originally posted by cultshock
Not sure about the sticker, because I don't have one. I bought the box set from Amazon, and there was no sticker on the packaging. The "discount ticket" is basically a coupon that gets you 200 yen off of the ticket price if you see Vol 2 in a Japanese theatre. Of course, its not useful for most of us, and considering the average movie ticket in Japan can be around 2000 yen (almost $20 US) its not really much of a discount anyway.
Ok. Thanks. I also ordered mine from amazon though, weird that you didn't have a sticker. The sticker was on the plastic wrapping on the DVD.
Old 05-03-04, 10:03 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 445 Likes on 312 Posts
Originally posted by Hannibal
I dunno, Uma cuts off her bare limb just a couple inches below her elbow...plenty of arm left from which her long sleeve hangs/whips around as she rolls down the hill.
You can see her hand as she's rolling down the hill.
Old 05-03-04, 11:40 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally posted by eMoneyBags
Ok. Thanks. I also ordered mine from amazon though, weird that you didn't have a sticker. The sticker was on the plastic wrapping on the DVD.
The DVD in the boxset doesn't come in a plastic wrap.
Old 05-03-04, 12:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by mrhan
Yes, thank you, that was what I was getting at. My box didn't even have the obi strip wrapped around it, it was tucked inside the DVD keepcase (maybe thats standard Amazon procedure).
Old 05-03-04, 12:40 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 445 Likes on 312 Posts
Then it must have been used or something - mine was definitly wrapped w/ the band in Japanese under the shrink wrap.
Old 05-03-04, 12:57 PM

Originally posted by slop101
Then it must have been used or something - mine was definitly wrapped w/ the band in Japanese under the shrink wrap.
Mine, too. Ditto the obi strip was around the outside of the box, too.
Old 05-03-04, 04:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Oops, my bad. My wife brought my copy back with her from her trip to Japan, so she must have already unwrapped everything before she gave it to me. At least she didn't through away the obi strip.
Old 05-03-04, 05:59 PM

I hadn't seen this mentioned before but someone had said that the guy telling the 'joke' in japanese in the beginning of the HoL part (he's laying on the table) isn't subtitled on the R2J disc. I checked the R1 disc today and it isn't subbed on the English or Japanese tracks. However, the it is on the Korean sub track. I didn't check the Chinese one. Maybe someone that reads Korean can tell us all what he's saying. It looks like some kind of dirty joke. Some have speculated that Quentin added it as some kind of Japanese 'in-joke' that only they would 'get'.
Old 05-03-04, 06:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by slop101
What I meant was my boxset was sealed and had the black band. Once I opened it though; the DVD case inside was not shrinkwrapped and it did not have a sticker on it about the KB2 ticket.
Old 05-03-04, 06:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Based on the Crazy 88 member's jestures and Sofie's reaction, I would say its a dirty joke. I'm surprised it's subtitled (in Korean anyway) on the Korean disc. I've been meaning to get that part translated, because I have to admit that I'm curious.
Old 05-03-04, 07:08 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by cultshock
Based on the Crazy 88 member's jestures and Sofie's reaction, I would say its a dirty joke. I'm surprised it's subtitled (in Korean anyway) on the Korean disc. I've been meaning to get that part translated, because I have to admit that I'm curious.
It's times like those that make me think I should learn Japanese...
Old 05-04-04, 02:46 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

These continuity problems have already been mentioned.

1. The moving bullet hole in Vernita Green's kitchen.
2. The hand Sofie still has when she is rolling down the hill.
I've got a 53 in. monitor and I can definitely see a hand.
3. The ink on the death list changes from red to black.

Another one I noticed was when the Bride is walking in the airport and on the plane she has short hair, but when she is in the house of blue leaves her hair is long again.

How come no one checked Buck's truck after 18 hours? I'm sure someone noticed that the comatose Bride is missing after that long of a time.

Are these continuity oversights intentional? Has anyone noticed more? I'm sure there are more than these. It doesn't make much of a difference to me; I enjoy this movie every time I pop it in--just stuff I notice when watching it for the umpteenth time.
Old 05-04-04, 06:43 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How come no one checked Buck's truck after 18 hours? I'm sure someone noticed that the comatose Bride is missing after that long of a time.

It was actually only 12 hours wasn't it? I know someone mentioned in another Kill Bill thread that Coma wards usually only employ one or two people per floor, and they usually work like 12 hour shifts. So it is feasible that she wouldn't of been found yet.
Old 05-04-04, 09:17 AM
Cool New Member

Originally posted by mrwilson
I hadn't seen this mentioned before but someone had said that the guy telling the 'joke' in japanese in the beginning of the HoL part (he's laying on the table) isn't subtitled on the R2J disc. I checked the R1 disc today and it isn't subbed on the English or Japanese tracks. However, the it is on the Korean sub track. I didn't check the Chinese one. Maybe someone that reads Korean can tell us all what he's saying. It looks like some kind of dirty joke. Some have speculated that Quentin added it as some kind of Japanese 'in-joke' that only they would 'get'.
it's not really a joke, but part of one i guess

not a good translation:

there's a old woman's face around here (moves his hands around an invisible head between his legs)
why? because there a penis here... (moves his hands around an invisible penis)
Old 05-04-04, 12:26 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by MuteClown
it's not really a joke, but part of one i guess

not a good translation:

there's a old woman's face around here (moves his hands around an invisible head between his legs)
why? because there a penis here... (moves his hands around an invisible penis)
Infantile dirty joke.... now that's Quentin!
Old 05-06-04, 01:18 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Sorry to be so lame, but I cant seem to get the pages to load right now from work otherwise I would read the whole thread, but does anyone know where I can get the R2 Japanese version without getting the box? Just the single disc?

Thanks!
Old 05-06-04, 03:29 PM

Almost certainly cheapest at AmazonJP , least expensive shipping normally takes 1-2 weeks, coupon for first time users for Y500 ( AMZNAFCCNCGC ) brings the price to about USD33 postpaid.
To order, first press Display in English over the yellow Buy button (unless it already shows some text in English), press Add to Shopping Cart, Proceed to Checkout, New Customer, Press International (outside of Japan), fill in.

Edited for spelling.
Old 05-06-04, 04:30 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Thanks So much!!!!!
Old 05-06-04, 04:44 PM

The Japanese dvd has also been put up at CD Wow, today I think, as afaik their first R2J disc. It's available here , a bit more expensive than AmazonJP with the coupon, but may be cheaper at one of the other CD Wow sites (and at some of them there are probably coupons available).
Old 05-06-04, 05:14 PM

Kill Bill Vol.1 Japanese R2 now available on CD-WOW

CD-WOW have this available now. Apparently shipping will take an additional 8-10 days compared to normal shipping time. With the available coupons I picked this puppy up for £16.99 ($29) delivered.

Last edited by Azrael23; 05-06-04 at 05:18 PM.
Old 05-06-04, 05:35 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

That's pretty good, even having to wait 2 weeks for it to be delivered... I might pick one up and sell my box.
Old 05-24-04, 05:13 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

So whats the best price for the limited edition Japanese release...or is this out of stock everywhere but Ebay now?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.