Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Hot Deals
Reload this Page >

Movie Theater deals

Community
Search
Hot Deals Post and Discuss Non-DVD Bargains and Sales!

Movie Theater deals

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-21, 12:16 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 678 Likes on 454 Posts
Re: Movie Theater deals

Regal has one of their regular buy a $50 gift card get a $15 gift card deals
Old 12-01-21, 09:58 PM

A little late but Regal app 20 bonus point reminder
Old 12-06-21, 10:02 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,244 Likes on 855 Posts

Does Regal not do a discount Tuesday on tickets? I wanted to check out the local theater before committing to their unlimited deal, but $11 for a Tuesday afternoon matinee is ridiculous.
Old 12-06-21, 10:05 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,637 Likes on 2,610 Posts

Originally Posted by Abob Teff
Does Regal not do a discount Tuesday on tickets? I wanted to check out the local theater before committing to their unlimited deal, but $11 for a Tuesday afternoon matinee is ridiculous.
You have to be a member of Regal Crown Club, the free points program. That will give you access to discount Tuesdays.
Old 12-07-21, 05:57 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I signed up for it ... nada.
Old 12-07-21, 06:53 PM
DVD Talk God

I signed up for it ... nada.
https://www.regmovies.com/static/en/...-value-days#MS

Only 2 Regals in Mississippi honor the discount program.
Old 12-08-21, 02:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 450 Likes on 308 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
https://www.regmovies.com/static/en/...-value-days#MS

Only 2 Regals in Mississippi honor the discount program.
According to the graphics in their recent newsletters, every Regal in the nation is supposed to be participating in the discounted Tuesday tickets.

Looking in the Regal app though, I'm not seeing the discounted pricing. If you go to Fandango, though, I can see the pricing there. Also, you should be able to get the pricing if you go to the box office and use the window or the self-service kiosks. You might want to call the box office before going to confirm and/or ask the manager why they're not participating, when the newsletter says they should be.
Old 12-26-21, 03:46 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

If you're a Regal Crown Club member, all your points that you accrued prior to 2021 will be expiring tomorrow, Dec. 27. They had restored all points accrued prior to the pandemic and suspended point expiration, but that ends tomorrow. You can redeem your points today for multiple concession or ticket rewards, and they will be loaded as rewards to your card which can be used within 90 days (I think).

After tomorrow's mass expiration, normal point expiration will resume: points expire one year after earned.
The following 2 users liked this post by TheBang:
joltman (12-27-21), Trevor (12-27-21)
Old 12-26-21, 10:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Yep, it’s the Flowood location.

The Tuesday before I came home, I tried going to see Ghostbusters. What a debacle.

Nothing rang up discounted — not the popcorn, not the ticket. When I pointed this out, the lone lady working the counter (tickets and concessions) said “Oh, you wanted the popcorn discount?” Uh, duh, no please charge me more.

After she fixed that, she didn’t know what I was talking about when I pointed out the SIX signs in the lobby for $5 Tuesdays. She futzed around with the ticket for about 5 minutes. Finally she went back to get “a manager.” The manager messed around a little while longer and said “Do you want to see West Side Story? That’s the only one working. I think it’s only for movies in their first week.”

I told them “nevermind” and left.
Old 12-27-21, 10:06 AM

Thanks for the reminder on the Regal points. No idea if mine were expiring or not, based on the app at least, but they must have been old points, so I went ahead and burned them all.
Old 12-28-21, 02:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 379 Likes on 236 Posts

I kept seeing the Regal emails about points expiring. It always indicated to check the app and/or website to see the status. Every time I did so, it listed points which would be expiring in 2022. Then my total went down 16,000 overnight.

I was already a little frustrated with the Crown Club -- went in with my Unlimited 7-10 days ago to watch a film. The cashier had trouble getting it to work before finally processing it. I didn't realize until looking closer at my receipt later that she redeemed 20k points for a ticket instead of ringing up my free unlimited ticket. Sent an e-mail to Regal asking them to correct it, and still haven't had a response.
Old 12-29-21, 12:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 379 Likes on 236 Posts

Found an e-mail from Regal in my spam folder indicating they had restored the 20,000 points to my account. Unfortunately, it was at the same time the mass expiration took place. So I didn't lose 16,000 points as I feared. Instead, I lost 36,000.
Old 12-29-21, 03:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 290 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by TheBang
According to the graphics in their recent newsletters, every Regal in the nation is supposed to be participating in the discounted Tuesday tickets.

Looking in the Regal app though, I'm not seeing the discounted pricing. If you go to Fandango, though, I can see the pricing there. Also, you should be able to get the pricing if you go to the box office and use the window or the self-service kiosks. You might want to call the box office before going to confirm and/or ask the manager why they're not participating, when the newsletter says they should be.
They have that vague wording: "Prices starting at $5 to $6.50". Going by that wording, only one movie has to cost $5. The rest can be more than $5 or more than $6.50 because the prices only have to start at $5 ticket price. So, they can charge $15 for a ticket to another movie or showtime.
Old 12-29-21, 09:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I can't wait for their "Buy One, Get One" offer. You bought one and we gave you that one. What's the problem?

I'm struggling here. I really would like to do an unlimited plan and they are the only ones who offer it in the area. I also like the sounds of some of their promotions and the idea of linking my Disney Rewards ... but it seems as if their customer service and business tactics make AMC look good.
Old 01-10-22, 10:22 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 149 Likes on 103 Posts

I redeemed my points for a free movie ticket just before the points expired last month. It expires March 26 and the next movie I'm planning on seeing in the theater is Morbius, which comes out 4/1. Should I be able to use the free ticket once Morbius tickets go on sale even though it comes out past the expiration date?
Old 01-11-22, 01:13 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by joltman
I redeemed my points for a free movie ticket just before the points expired last month. It expires March 26 and the next movie I'm planning on seeing in the theater is Morbius, which comes out 4/1. Should I be able to use the free ticket once Morbius tickets go on sale even though it comes out past the expiration date?
Yes, you just have to purchase the ticket before the expiration date of your reward.
The following users liked this post:
joltman (01-12-22)
Old 03-16-22, 11:58 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Linking Regal to Disney Movie Rewards is no longer available ... temporarily?
Old 03-16-22, 04:08 PM

Regal app Wednesday 20 point reminder
Old 03-17-22, 07:12 AM

I'm trying to use my free ticket reward now but can't seem to figure out how to use it. Does anyone know how to redeem it on the website or in the app? (And yes, I've searched around online, but haven't found an answer)

EDIT: Now I see it, it works for a current movie, but when I go to pre-order tickets for Morbuis it doesn't work. I guess I'll go to the theater and see if I can redeem it in person.

Last edited by joltman; 03-17-22 at 07:37 AM.
Old 03-17-22, 12:50 PM
DVD Talk God

I'm trying to use my free ticket reward now but can't seem to figure out how to use it. Does anyone know how to redeem it on the website or in the app? (And yes, I've searched around online, but haven't found an answer)

EDIT: Now I see it, it works for a current movie, but when I go to pre-order tickets for Morbuis it doesn't work. I guess I'll go to the theater and see if I can redeem it in person.
When you redeem the movie ticket reward, it adds the credit to your Regal account. So when you go to the box office and order your ticket, show your Regal card/app and they scan it and it will credit the ticket. I'm not sure how it works for online. But, that's how I used it.
joltman (03-18-22)
Old 03-17-22, 09:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 868 Likes on 391 Posts

I've only ever been able to do it through the App. Can't figure out how to do it online/browser.
In the app, pick your movie time, then on the Quantity page, tap +Add Ticket, you'll get a pop-up where you can choose the reward. Delete the other ticket that shows as default (matinee, etc).

I don't remember if I've ever tried to use for a movie that's not out yet, but I would think it would work.
joltman (03-18-22)
Old 03-18-22, 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by IDrinkMolson
I've only ever been able to do it through the App. Can't figure out how to do it online/browser.
In the app, pick your movie time, then on the Quantity page, tap +Add Ticket, you'll get a pop-up where you can choose the reward. Delete the other ticket that shows as default (matinee, etc).

I don't remember if I've ever tried to use for a movie that's not out yet, but I would think it would work.
If I go to a current movie, like The Batman, it has the 'RCC Store: Free 2D Restricted' ticket as an option (even up to the latest showing available, which is currently next Thursday), but not when I choose any showing for Morbius. I'm not sure if it's because they are 'advance tickets' or if it's because it's after the expiration date of my reward (March 26).
Old 03-19-22, 03:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Linking Regal to Disney Movie Rewards is no longer available ... temporarily?
It's been broken since the site redesign in Oct. 2020. They seem to be in no rush to fix it.
Old 08-28-22, 01:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 868 Likes on 391 Posts

EDIT: I see it was posted in the non-Hot Deals Movie Theater thread, and looks like it's all theaters.

Just got an email, Regal has $3 tickets all day on 9/3/22.
Includes Jaws 3D.

I was thinking of going, but looks like all seats are General Admission. (Going Sunday instead). I'm sure there are going to be people that bought their tickets a week ago and are going to be WTF?

https://www.regmovies.com/static/en/us/regal-cinema-day

Last edited by IDrinkMolson; 08-28-22 at 01:28 PM.
Old 08-29-22, 12:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,300 Likes on 944 Posts

My AMC has Jaws in IMAX also 3D. Looks like AMC will also have special concession prices.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.