Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Hot Deals
Reload this Page >

Disney Movie Rewards - What did YOU get?

Community
Search
Hot Deals Post and Discuss Non-DVD Bargains and Sales!

Disney Movie Rewards - What did YOU get?

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-09, 07:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Disney Movie Rewards - What did YOU get?

Just ordered the Princess & The Frog poster. I cannot believe it is only 3500 points. Try getting all of those animators together to sign anything (most of whom have resumes longer than your arm animating Disney classics). I plan to have it professionally framed and matted and hang it next to my oneshare of Disney stock just above the shelf I had built for my Disney sculptures from DMR. It should look sweet.
Old 12-21-09, 11:11 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question for those of you who have ordered posters with your reward points. How do they ship them?

I was thinking of ordering the Up, Ratatouille, and Incredibles posters and having them framed and put up on the wall of my "theater room" (aka living room), but wanted to make sure they don't ship them folded/creased.

Also, do they charge shipping as well for reward points orders? (I'm in Canada, btw)
Old 12-21-09, 11:44 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,204 Likes on 4,231 Posts

The shipping was free (to the US at least).
Old 12-21-09, 11:55 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 176 Likes on 116 Posts

FYI, I received Meet the Robinsons, my birthday Blu selection, today. I placed the order on 9 December. The invoice was dated 15 December.
Old 12-21-09, 12:47 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

Originally Posted by Yavin
Question for those of you who have ordered posters with your reward points. How do they ship them?

I was thinking of ordering the Up, Ratatouille, and Incredibles posters and having them framed and put up on the wall of my "theater room" (aka living room), but wanted to make sure they don't ship them folded/creased.

Also, do they charge shipping as well for reward points orders? (I'm in Canada, btw)
Very thick cardboard poster tube.
Old 12-21-09, 12:59 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Very thick cardboard poster tube.
Originally Posted by Decker
The shipping was free (to the US at least).
Cool, thanks guys. I think I'll go ahead and order a couple of the Pixar posters then. If the shipping is free to Canada as well, then that would be perfect. There were shipping charges for the Disney Birthday Blu-ray, but I think that was also the case in the US as well as Canada. I hope they use good quality paper stock for the posters.

I'm planning on framing and hanging the Up and Ratatouille posters up right above my couch (as the walls in my condo are bare right now). Trying to find some reasonably priced frames at the Ikea site, but the sizes seem slightly too big/small (for an 18.5"x 27" poster) ...

So, am I crazy for ordering a couple of posters when I have enough points for one of those porcelain statues?
Old 12-21-09, 01:17 PM

Cool, thanks guys. I think I'll go ahead and order a couple of the Pixar posters then. If the shipping is free to Canada as well, then that would be perfect. There were shipping charges for the Disney Birthday Blu-ray, but I think that was also the case in the US as well as Canada. I hope they use good quality paper stock for the posters.

I'm planning on framing and hanging the Up and Ratatouille posters up right above my couch (as the walls in my condo are bare right now). Trying to find some reasonably priced frames at the Ikea site, but the sizes seem slightly too big/small (for an 18.5"x 27" poster) ...

So, am I crazy for ordering a couple of posters when I have enough points for one of those porcelain statues?
not if that is what you want...
Old 12-21-09, 03:28 PM

No; you're crazy for ordering a couple of regular posters when a signed Princess And The Frog one sheet is still (amazingly) available.

Last edited by Decker; 12-21-09 at 03:30 PM.
Old 12-21-09, 03:58 PM

Do you receive any kind of shipping confirmation from Disney Movie Rewards? I got a confirmation e-mail when I redeemed points, but I'm not sure if I should expect a second e-mail when my item ships. If there is a way to check the status of an order on their site, I can't find it.
Old 12-21-09, 04:22 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 680 Likes on 456 Posts

Originally Posted by MinLShaw
12/21 code: SNOWMAN
12/22 code: HILARIOUS
12/23 code: DISNEY
12/24 code: FAMILY
12/25 code: SANTA
Bump to bring it to the current page.
Old 12-21-09, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by Dusty Bottoms
Do you receive any kind of shipping confirmation from Disney Movie Rewards? I got a confirmation e-mail when I redeemed points, but I'm not sure if I should expect a second e-mail when my item ships. If there is a way to check the status of an order on their site, I can't find it.
I did for the Princess and the Frog poster. It's been a while since I got anything else.
Old 12-21-09, 07:49 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Finally got around to opening my poster tonight. I have 12 autographs on my poster but...

Dilemma. Apparently the poster tube wasn't thick enough for my delivery man. The poster is ripped, torn, creased and in overall terrible shape. Is there someone to call and complain? Email? Should I on a free item? If it was one or even two places I don't think I'd have a problem but this is all over the poster not just the 6 spots I photographed. The others are smaller and less noteworthy.

Click to enlarge
Frog Frog Frog Frog Frog Frog Frog
Old 12-21-09, 08:18 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,883 Likes on 1,239 Posts

Geez, I'm sorry to hear that. :-/

Have you tried the contact form on their site? http://disney.eprize.net/moviereward...t_form#contact

I hope they're able to help you out and send you a replacement.
Old 12-21-09, 09:13 PM

Man, that's terrible. Really sorry to hear that Corvin.
I'd definitely complain. It's not like this is some small item; 3500 points is a hell of a lot. Let us know who you called and what they said. In the meantime I'm that mine doesn't arrive like that.

Besides, according to their website, they're not sold out yet, so you can probably still grab a good one if you hurry.
Old 12-21-09, 11:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Is there someone to call and complain? Email? Should I on a free item? If it was one or even two places I don't think I'd have a problem but this is all over the poster not just the 6 spots I photographed. The others are smaller and less noteworthy.
Yes, you should complain! You may not have paid money for the item, per se, but you paid money for the items for which you earned the points that you then chose to redeem for this item. You should include links to your photo set, and even offer to return to Disney the damaged poster so as to negate any accusation that you're trying to weasel a second poster.
Old 12-22-09, 07:35 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Shot them an email last night. I didn't include a link to pics yet so we'll see how it goes. I doubt they would open a link to pictures from emails at random.

I stuck the poster in a frame and hung it up anyway for the time being. Still looks nice.
Old 12-22-09, 09:48 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Michael, emails are sometimes ignored. My advice is to give them a call. They have a toll free DMR number 1-866-246-8646. Much quicker results that way. I know. I received a Mary Poppins sculpture with a detached umbrella. They mailed out a prepaid return mailing label & sent me a new sculpture as soon as they got the defective sculpture.
Old 12-22-09, 12:40 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Cool, thanks Mr. Briggs. I'll give them a buzz as well. I figured the email may not get answered this week anyway due to Christmas.
Old 12-22-09, 01:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Cool, thanks Mr. Briggs. I'll give them a buzz as well. I figured the email may not get answered this week anyway due to Christmas.
Yes, call the toll-free #. I've had issues before, and they took care of them at that number. I just placed my order for the poster on Sunday evening. I sure hope that I don't have the same issue. It's terrible that it arrived to you in that condition!
Old 12-22-09, 02:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Michael, let us know what the Disney Movie Rewards cast member tells you after you call customer service. Might be good information to have when mine arrives (I just ordered it Sunday too and it hasn't shipped yet). I am hoping for one in good shape but need to be ready in case they aren't careful with the packing. You'd think with this being a high end point prize with all of those hall of fame animator autographs that they'd be super careful with how they pack it.
Old 12-22-09, 03:43 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Just got off the phone. The CSR was very friendly but the result isn't ideal. This is what they want to do:

Originally Posted by Mr.Briggs
They mailed out a prepaid return mailing label & sent me a new sculpture as soon as they got the defective sculpture.
However since it's a limited item I expressed my concern about returning it and it selling out in the week or so turnaround before I could get a replacement. She said they would return the points to my account.

So I asked if they were sold out by the time mine arrived if they could just ship me mine back and the answer was, no. How hard would it be to check stock, and if there are no replacements drop mine back in the mail? Very odd. I also asked if there was any way to charge me for a new one and then refund the amount when I shipped the damaged product back. No go on that route as well.

She did say I could pay for shipping myself to expedite the process if I wanted to go that route. I also need to include my shipping receipt (which I need to find) so hang on to those.

Hmmm.... decisions... decisions.

*edit - I wonder if I should call back and send them a link to the photos if that would be proof enough to just send out a new one. Doubtful. ... and the answer is no. They have to receive the damaged item first.

Last edited by Michael Corvin; 12-22-09 at 03:49 PM.
Old 12-22-09, 03:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

... and the answer is no. They have to receive the damaged item first.
Not surprising, and even understandable to a point, but for an item of this stature it seems they should at least be able to put on hold a replacement for you pending the return of your damaged one.
Old 12-22-09, 03:59 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Nope, no 'hold' either. I asked that too. I'll probably stew on it overnight, but as of right now I think I'll just keep it. I'm going to examine it again when I get home and see how it looks in the frame.
Old 12-22-09, 04:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Sorry Michael. That's not right.
Old 12-22-09, 04:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Mr.Briggs
Sorry Michael. That's not right.
I agree, it is not right. I mean, I can understand them wanting to get the one they sent you back, but, at least be able to put one on hold, pending the return of the defective product.

What a mess. I really hope it works out for you, Michael.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.