DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Hot Deals (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hot-deals-2/)
-   -   Disney Movie Rewards - What did YOU get? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hot-deals/551392-disney-movie-rewards-what-did-you-get.html)

Ghostbuster 03-10-09 10:26 PM

Disney Movie Rewards - What did YOU get?

I'm wondering what people are ordering with their points. I recently used most of my points to order (for myself) the "Peace, Love, and Mickey Mouse" messenger bag.

So...what have you ordered, or what are you planning on ordering?

Goldberg74 03-10-09 11:03 PM

Re: Disney Movie Rewards - What did YOU get?

The only thing that I've received through points was the "Duck Tales: Treasure of the Lost Lamp" / "Donald Duck in Mathmagic Land" DVD-bundle.

Ghostbuster 03-10-09 11:08 PM

Cool. I ordered the Duck Tales movie through the Disney Movie Club.

Note to mods/admins - I just now noticed the locked thread at the top of the forum. This thread isn't designed to earn people points though, so I hope it's OK. If not, my apologies.

juanmgonzalez 03-10-09 11:47 PM

I'm hoping they put up the bluray player again - I have enough points for it if they kept it at the same amount for redemption.

Mr.Briggs 03-11-09 01:02 AM

Went for the WDCC sculptures. Picked up Sulley, Mike, Boo & Randall from Monsters, Inc., The Toy Story 2 w/record player base, Mulan, Dory, Mr. Incredible, Tod & Copper from Fox & The Hound, Clown & Dr. Finklestein from Tim Burton's Nightmare Before Christmas. Not many decent ones left but I'm considering the Lilo w/ Elvis.

Also got a few dvds including Ducktales the Movie & $14 movie ticket pack before I decided to go for the high end prizes.

The_Enigma 03-11-09 05:18 PM

I got the Ducktales Movie...

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi 03-11-09 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by juanmgonzalez (Post 9318503)
I'm hoping they put up the bluray player again - I have enough points for it if they kept it at the same amount for redemption.

How much was it?

IDrinkMolson 03-11-09 05:45 PM

I'm banking around 4600 points but haven't gotten anything yet. It sucks anything pre-2006 you can't get points for. I don't have any plans on buying them over again. I will get a few when/if they come out on BD.

RubenR 03-11-09 07:53 PM

*****warning**** stepping up on soap box.... I remember when Disney first started this new "rewards" program. I could probably count how many letters I wrote on both hands....any way, my biggest complaint was that prior to the new system, you only had to purchase 3 dvd's to receive a "free" dvd....( and there was always at least one dvd on the list that I would want)....which I did on a regular basis!! With the new system...I noticed that you had to purchase many,many, many more dvd's to receive a gift ( that at least "I" thought were worth the purchases). Over time my stance has softened and I look at it as...."Hey, It's FREE!!..Stupid"..so anyway...I am at 2600 points.....and I am too scared to pull the trigger an anything!! Is there a time limit on "holding" points?
******stepping down now****

kenbenobi 03-12-09 12:58 PM

FYI in case anyone didn't notice, you can get 100 free points for watching an informational video on blu-ray. There is a link in your Messages... I just noticed this, but it could have been there for months...

Mr.Briggs 03-12-09 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by kenbenobi (Post 9321958)
FYI in case anyone didn't notice, you can get 100 free points for watching an informational video on blu-ray. There is a link in your Messages... I just noticed this, but it could have been there for months...

No, it just went up about a week ago.

E Unit 03-12-09 04:39 PM

I've only ordered a portable Princess CD player for my daughter. I have noticed that you get about 125-250 per Blu Ray. I haven't spent a lot of time looking at the prizes, but is there any way to apply points to get something like a discount to one of their parks? I wanted to take her possibly in September.

JustinCleveland 03-12-09 06:51 PM

I got the Duck Tales Movie back when it was stand-alone for 750 points. I now have banked 3,350 and have no interest in any of the merch (save a statue, maybe). I'll just keep collecting!

Quack 03-12-09 06:59 PM

Last year I got the Old Style popcorn popper.

Dragon Fly 03-12-09 08:42 PM

Ducktales for me!

butterbean 03-12-09 09:43 PM

if anyone wants movie rewards from ...

Mod note: There's always one. And that's why we don't like these threads.

TheJoker 03-12-09 09:54 PM

I just got the Ducktales movie for around 700 points last year. This year im saving up for....I have no idea. Something more interesting to me.

Kory 03-12-09 11:50 PM

How the hell do you guys get so many points? I've always wondered that. I own most of the major animated releases since Disney started doing these reward points and it still seems like I hardly have any.

TheJoker 03-13-09 12:35 AM

Most of the items don't cost a whole lot. Each DVD can net about 100 points (more or less depending on the title) so I say you can get something decent easily if you buy 10 DVDs. Blu-rays earn a couple more points also.

I take my points from my little cousins. They buy all that high school musical/hannah montana crap and don't use those points so I get em...

kenbenobi 03-13-09 10:41 AM

Don't forget some titles earn double points if you enter the code within the first few weeks of release. Usually titles I don't buy, though...

Quack 03-13-09 10:44 AM

That and I've noticed Blu-Ray will get you 125 instead of 100.

JackBurton 03-13-09 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by RubenR (Post 9320558)
Is there a time limit on "holding" points?

Apparently, all of the points that I had (not many) expired and dissapeared. I'm not sure what the time limit is, but that kinda left a bad taste in my mouth. Doesn't seem like I purchase Disney movies fast enough for it to amount to anything.

Abob Teff 03-15-09 12:41 AM

I lost my points too ... switched e-mail addresses and can't recall my login information. Now I'm "locked" out.

C_Fletch 03-17-09 09:34 AM

Ouch on losing the points. I will keep the Mrs informed of that. She has several thousand points as I resell them on Ebay. I find them at a pawnshop for $2 get the points and resell the DVD. Works out pretty good except that I have dupes now.

She has yet to pull the trigger on anyting but she is a big disney fan.

Mr.Briggs 03-17-09 01:17 PM

Anyone who's lost their points it could be due to what Disney considers a dormant account. In their terms & conditions section F # 7 If your account is inactive for 270 days your points are lost. All you have to do (according to that section) is log into the account to prevent it from becoming dormant.