Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Hot Deals
Reload this Page >

Disney Movie Rewards - What did YOU get?

Community
Search
Hot Deals Post and Discuss Non-DVD Bargains and Sales!

Disney Movie Rewards - What did YOU get?

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-09, 09:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Disney Movie Rewards - What did YOU get?

I got the email away after ordering Sunday night. I just checked the website and it's still showing this as in stock. Maybe they got more?

3,500 Points
"The Princess And The Frog" One-Sheet Signed By The Filmmaking Team
View Details
Add to Wish List

Truly a must-have for collectors: a genuine film one-sheet signed by the Directors, Producer, and Supervising Animators.
Old 12-24-09, 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by Roybq
I got the email away after ordering Sunday night. I just checked the website and it's still showing this as in stock. Maybe they got more?

3,500 Points
View Details
Add to Wish List

Truly a must-have for collectors: a genuine film one-sheet signed by the Directors, Producer, and Supervising Animators.
after you click on it

Back
Next Product >
3,500 Points

[Sorry, currently unavailable]

Old 12-24-09, 10:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pvdfan
The advent calender does show the code, just not working. I tried it on a few accounts and nothing.
Well, I emailed DMR but of course no response yet. I also took a screenshot of it. I'll call them about it on Monday... I should have tried calling them earlier today when I first saw the code wasn't working...
Old 12-25-09, 12:00 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr.Briggs
If I miss out by a few hours because they sold out on Sunday when there was no one to put out of stock on the site I'll be heartbroken. But then, they didn't list it as out of stock for 3 days after the weekend ended???
Things like that are usually done automatically. There isn't going to be a person there at 3 am just waiting for something to sell so they can edit a web page manually.

Don't worry about it. It's the holiday's and I'm sure there isn't going to be any shipping notices anytime soon since they should be closed.
Old 12-25-09, 10:26 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Mister Peepers
Things like that are usually done automatically. There isn't going to be a person there at 3 am just waiting for something to sell so they can edit a web page manually.

Don't worry about it. It's the holiday's and I'm sure there isn't going to be any shipping notices anytime soon since they should be closed.
Thanks for the reassurance. I'm sure you're right. I just can't wait for the weekend to end and to see that shipping notice in my inbox & then 4 days later for the poster arrive by UPS ground.
Old 12-25-09, 05:02 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 680 Likes on 456 Posts

Final daily code: Santa

Merry Christmas everyone!
Old 12-28-09, 07:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Getting really anxious waiting for a shipping email. I don't want the points back. I want that damned poster. I don't want to call them though and give them a chance to try to take the easy way out and just credit the points back. After all I ordered it on a Sunday and it didn't go out of stock till Wednesday of last week.
Old 12-28-09, 08:06 PM

Getting really anxious waiting for a shipping email. I don't want the points back. I want that damned poster. I don't want to call them though and give them a chance to try to take the easy way out and just credit the points back. After all I ordered it on a Sunday and it didn't go out of stock till Wednesday of last week.
I ordered my poster on 12/3, and I'm still waiting on a shipping confirmation too.
Old 12-28-09, 08:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Dusty Bottoms
I ordered my poster on 12/3, and I'm still waiting on a shipping confirmation too.
WOW, I thought 8 days was a lot to wait. You're getting to the time where a phone call would be warranted. After all you ordered it 3 weeks before it went out of stock and a helluva lot of people who ordered it in the last 10-14 days already have received it.
Old 12-28-09, 09:02 PM

WOW, I thought 8 days was a lot to wait. You're getting to the time where a phone call would be warranted. After all you ordered it 3 weeks before it went out of stock and a helluva lot of people who ordered it in the last 10-14 days already have received it.
I've been thinking the same thing. I may give them a call from work tomorrow even though my order confirmation said to allow 6 to 8 weeks for delivery.
Old 12-29-09, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by CalebAndCo
(They screwed up my double points, too. Emailed CS and hoping for the best. :sigh: )
I just got resolution of this issue and wanted to give kudos where they are due:

They gave me the missing 100 point bonus, left the errant 5 point bonus and sent me a code for an additional bonus of 25 points for my trouble. First class (albeit slow) CS.
Old 12-29-09, 03:03 PM

I called Disney a few minutes ago to check on my order, and I'm glad I did. It turns out that my order didn't go through for some unexplained reason even though my points were deducted and the poster showed up in my order history. The lady at customer service was very nice. She placed me on hold while she contacted their order fulfillment department. She told me that items sometimes show out of stock before the inventory reaches zero just to be safe. They confirmed that they still had a poster to send me, so it looks like I'm going to get one.
Old 12-29-09, 03:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Will there be any more free codes or was this pretty much it?
Old 12-29-09, 04:07 PM

^There is normally a 5-10 point code each month in the news letter. They also have random points in e-mails as well.
Old 12-30-09, 12:16 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Got my shipping notice after 11pm tonight. The P&TF poster HAS SHIPPED!!! Now, I hope it gets here in one piece (not as 1,000 pieces of New Year's confetti).
Old 12-30-09, 01:16 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Got my shipping notice tonight too!
Old 12-30-09, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by pvdfan
^There is normally a 5-10 point code each month in the news letter. They also have random points in e-mails as well.
Thanks.
Old 12-30-09, 10:40 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well, after reading the recent posts here, I decided to call, as I still haven't received a shipping notice. The lady told me she can see when I placed the order for the poster, but, shows that it hasn't shipped, yet. I wanted to make sure I would get it, but, all she could tell me was that they pull the items as they get the order from the website, and they ship them in the order received. She said that this was a very limited item, and that it may be delayed in shipping, however, she doesn't see a problem with my order. All she could do is tell me to wait, and that shipping notices could take 4-6 weeks, and the item could arrive up to 6-8 weeks after ordering. So, I'm still in the dark, and the waiting is driving me crazy!
Old 12-30-09, 12:01 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by MadonnasManOne
All she could do is tell me to wait, and that shipping notices could take 4-6 weeks, and the item could arrive up to 6-8 weeks after ordering. So, I'm still in the dark, and the waiting is driving me crazy!
I ordered the Ducktales & Mathmagicland dvds over a month ago. I know it has been said that their shipping times vary, but this is approaching Deep Discount length ridiculousness.
Old 12-30-09, 01:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by CalebAndCo
sent me a code for an additional bonus of 25 points for my trouble.
Is that a standard code that they use, which you could post here? Or did it look like a one-time use code? I'm glad they resolved your issue. They never respond to my emails, and I'm too lazy to call...
Old 12-30-09, 02:05 PM

I called Disney a few minutes ago to check on my order, and I'm glad I did. It turns out that my order didn't go through for some unexplained reason even though my points were deducted and the poster showed up in my order history. The lady at customer service was very nice. She placed me on hold while she contacted their order fulfillment department. She told me that items sometimes show out of stock before the inventory reaches zero just to be safe. They confirmed that they still had a poster to send me, so it looks like I'm going to get one.
My brother ordered the Wizards Of Waverly Place CD/poster set signed by Selena Gomez for my niece on 12/3. This was the same day I ordered my Princess And The Frog poster. I told him about my problem with the poster order. He called today to check on his order since he had not received a shipping confirmation either and his item is no longer available on the site.

It seems that there was a problem with his order too, and they did not have any more of the Wizards Of Waverly Place posters. They refunded his points without being able to tell him what happened, and he's not going to get his items.
Old 12-30-09, 02:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

My brother ordered the Wizards Of Waverly Place CD/poster set signed by Selena Gomez for my niece on 12/3. This was the same day I ordered my Princess And The Frog poster. I told him about my problem with the poster order. He called today to check on his order since he had not received a shipping confirmation either and his item is no longer available on the site.

It seems that there was a problem with his order too, and they did not have any more of the Wizards Of Waverly Place posters. They refunded his points without being able to tell him what happened, and he's not going to get his items.
Well, that just sucks. You would have thought they would've given the points back and at least offered you something. Some token at least since THEY screwed up.
Old 12-30-09, 02:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
Is that a standard code that they use, which you could post here? Or did it look like a one-time use code? I'm glad they resolved your issue. They never respond to my emails, and I'm too lazy to call...
Standard.

Got a shipping notice for my frog princess poster that I ordered on the 20th or something.
Old 12-30-09, 04:12 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,209 Likes on 4,236 Posts

My poster came today. (It shipped 12/22).

It's a little frayed on the outer edges like in some of Corvin's picture, but not too bad. No other creases except a few tiny ones from where people were signing. It's a two sided poster, which I found pretty interesting, though of course it's only signed on one side. Overall, it's very nice and I hope the fraying won't show once it's framed.

Last edited by Decker; 12-30-09 at 04:14 PM.
Old 12-30-09, 04:32 PM

Got my shipping notice after 11pm tonight. The P&TF poster HAS SHIPPED!!! Now, I hope it gets here in one piece (not as 1,000 pieces of New Year's confetti).
Good Luck,
Just got mine today with a few tears in it, they don't know how to
pack, at least put it in plastic..
DG

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.