DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Hot Deals (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hot-deals-2/)
-   -   Disney Movie Rewards - What did YOU get? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hot-deals/551392-disney-movie-rewards-what-did-you-get.html)

Decker 02-28-12 05:00 PM

Re: Disney Movie Rewards - What did YOU get?

Thanks for the heads-up!
Somehow, while we have Tinker Bell Lost Treasure and Great Fairy Rescue, we never had the Tinker Bell movie. Now we will. :up:

Brent L 02-28-12 08:17 PM

I now have 5500 points. Do you think it would be a safe time to cash them in or wait it out and see what comes up? I can't decide.

darkdaze73 02-28-12 08:22 PM

I would take a look at the release calendar and see whats being released when. DMR has been known to add new items that tie-in with each release. Plus they are supposed to be adding new giftcards through summer(?) i believe.

Manzana 02-28-12 09:20 PM

I have even more points than BrentL and I seriously can't find anything I want. I haven't redeemed any points since the Zorro seasons a couple years ago. I'm not interested in a $5 or $10 Disneystore.com code but an actual gift card to something useful (like The Disney Store even though they closed 3 out of 5 locations) in my area. Why are there Starbucks cards there? I'd get those except I'm not a coffee drinker. How do I know when to check DMR for a new gift card or possibly any new worthwhile Blu-Ray movies to use my points on?

DMR has no Blu-Rays that I want, and though they have some movies I'd really like to own on DVD, the fact they are mostly pan & scan releases (i.e. Scandalous John, Treasure of Matecumbe) means (to quote the Bob & Doug) "no way, eh". In fact, I think So Dear to My Heart, Kidnapped and The Story of Robin Hood may be the only 3 that were filmed 1.37:1. Those still won't use up all my points. Pan & scan = evil. Disney HV releases many pan & scan movies. Does that mean Disney HV is evil? It's pure evil... don't touch it!

I already have A Bug's Life and Tinkerbell BDs so it's not hard to guess which one I ordered. I assume that A Bug's Life BD is the same release that I bought years ago (along with a worthless digital copy) except w/o the digital copy and in different packaging?

And finally, I agree that one should NEVER enter DMR codes until there is a promo. I've followed that rule for a couple years, and I probably have about a dozen codes in reserve. For the John Carter list I only have Tron Classic BD. I have Secretariat BD, but only the DVD is listed. So I guess no John Carter ticket for me. Oh well.

darkdaze73 02-28-12 09:58 PM

I think the giftcard deal is in response to the Disney gc they offered late last year and how popular that was. Why Starbucks? Who knows.

Nothing worth cashing in at the moment imo. My wifes account is sitting at 3300 points thanks to the double points days(and owning a bunch of Disney 3D titles) back around the holidays.

As far as knowing when to check for new items, I know they occasionally send emails alerting members of items just added. I know my wife and I just go on there occasionally and check. We just do a search for any recently added items by typing in "new" in the rewards section.

With the "free" BD promo, I already own 2 of those on blu and the other on dvd(BtT). So I will probably be skipping out on this one.

But going by the pic, the "A Bug's Life" BD appears to be the dvd packaging. Don't know if that is what DMR will send, but that is the one being shown.

Isny 02-28-12 11:42 PM

Too bad that the titles for the free John Carter ticket are terrible. I already have both Tron's and Prince of Persia.

I have Pooh and will soon have The Muppets, but am not redeeming either until we get another double points day (or some better rewards) =/

Manzana 02-29-12 08:05 AM

IIRC, the double points days were limited to 2 codes each, so while I also used them to enter my most valuable 3D BDs (I think they were 200-250 points... I don't remember which), the best case scenario is getting 800-1000 points instead of just 400-500 for 2 BDs. The points add up very slowly due to the normal "limit 2" restriction.

Thanks for the tip on entering "new" in the rewards search box. I didn't realize they put "new" in the title for new stuff. I wonder how long it takes them to take "new" out of the title for the older stuff once new new stuff is released?

Regarding the John Carter promo, I read on SD that someone used the Lady and the Tramp BD code with Sorcerer's Apprentice and got it to work. I have the original Tron BD and recently got LATT BD, so I'd like to know if that will really work for the John Carter promo even though LATT isn't listed? I also have Secretatiat BD but only the DVD is listed. I don't want to enter codes for nothing.

The SD post was: http://slickdeals.net/forums/showpos...&postcount=126

Cardsfan111 02-29-12 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by Manzana (Post 11133865)
Regarding the John Carter promo, I read on SD that someone used the Lady and the Tramp BD code with Sorcerer's Apprentice and got it to work. I have the original Tron BD and recently got LATT BD, so I'd like to know if that will really work for the John Carter promo even though LATT isn't listed? I also have Secretatiat BD but only the DVD is listed. I don't want to enter codes for nothing.

The SD post was: http://slickdeals.net/forums/showpos...&postcount=126

I think you're reading that post wrong. It appears as if that person entered the Sorcerer's Apprentice code for the movie ticket, then entered the LATT code allowing her to get the free BD.

Texan26 03-03-12 10:39 AM

5 points: 1438JFKJK0W

jondog21 03-03-12 09:23 PM

I have unused codes for TS1 and TS2 blu ray combo packs. I've already redeemed these movies in my account so will give one to the first two people who PM me. Tell me your preference if you need one over the other.

CODES ARE GONE

Mr.Briggs 03-03-12 09:53 PM

As Maxwell Smart would say "missed it by that much". I should have picked a shorter blu ray to watch tonight.

CalebAndCo 03-05-12 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by Texan26 (Post 11138282)
5 points: 1438JFKJK0W

Thanks!

Cardsfan111 03-07-12 11:34 AM

BARSOOM is a code worth 25 points.

Taken from a link on the DMR Facebook page

TheBigDave 03-08-12 06:54 AM

Get 25 DMR points from Baby Einstein:

Enter the code found here:
http://www.babyeinstein.com/en/download/rewards/

source: Slickdeals

Cardsfan111 03-08-12 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by cardsfan111 (Post 11143047)

I should add that I later saw an expiration date on this one - 3/9 - so you better hurry.

Originally Posted by TheBigDave (Post 11144222)

Thanks, Dave. :up:

Michael Corvin 03-08-12 07:33 AM

Thanks Dave.

I gotta remember to save my John Carter movie tickets to redeem.

Deftones 03-08-12 09:00 AM

thanks for the john carter code and basy einstein codes. :up:

islandclaws 03-08-12 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by cardsfan111 (Post 11143047)

Originally Posted by TheBigDave (Post 11144222)

Thanks, guys.

Mr.Briggs 03-08-12 08:17 PM

Nightmare Before Christmas Pin Set is beautiful. The box however is at the opposite spectrum from the 4 pin Donald Duck set. Donald (which also was limited to 750) came in a beautiful sturday Mahogany box which is a showpiece in itself. The coffin shaped box is plain old cardboard. Well, it was still a great deal at 1,950 points. My WDCC Maniacal Mickey sculpture shipped & should arrive on Tuesday or Wednesday by UPS. It's one of the best looking sculptures I've seen.

Oh & if you enter M1D17NVJ39DS you'll get 50 bonus points when you add your next blu ray, dvd or cd code. Offer expires April 1st.

kenbenobi 03-08-12 08:33 PM

Wow, thanks for all the codes! 55 points for each account, plus 50 more to come soon! Glad I didn't enter any BD codes yet for the Free BD, so I still have some to use...

marginal 03-09-12 03:59 PM

Whoops... I bought a code for On Stranger Tides Blu-Ray to enter so I could get a free Blu-Ray, but I forgot that I already entered a code for that movie. Anybody have another code they want to trade for that one? PM me.

duganrm 03-09-12 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by Mr.Briggs (Post 11145262)
Spoiler:
Nightmare Before Christmas Pin Set is beautiful. The box however is at the opposite spectrum from the 4 pin Donald Duck set. Donald (which also was limited to 750) came in a beautiful sturday Mahogany box which is a showpiece in itself. The coffin shaped box is plain old cardboard. Well, it was still a great deal at 1,950 points. My WDCC Maniacal Mickey sculpture shipped & should arrive on Tuesday or Wednesday by UPS. It's one of the best looking sculptures I've seen.

Oh & if you enter M1D17NVJ39DS you'll get 50 bonus points when you add your next blu ray, dvd or cd code. Offer expires April 1st.

I have been reading about this not working yet (people not getting the points for entering the next blu). It might be worth waiting a few days for them to have it working right before entering the next code.

kenbenobi 03-09-12 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by marginal (Post 11146295)
Whoops... I bought a code for On Stranger Tides Blu-Ray to enter so I could get a free Blu-Ray, but I forgot that I already entered a code for that movie. Anybody have another code they want to trade for that one? PM me.

Originally Posted by kenbenobi (Post 11146450)
I should be able to help you out. Will PM you when I get home. Not sure what titles I have to enter off the top of my head...

Sorry, my wife already entered the two codes we had to get another John Carter ticket, which she went to see today. I'll dig around to see if I can find another title we didn't enter, but I think those were our last 2 codes.

kenbenobi 03-09-12 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by duganrm (Post 11146460)
I have been reading about this not working yet (people not getting the points for entering the next blu). It might be worth waiting a few days for them to have it working right before entering the next code.

Confirmed. We did not get the 50 bonus points with the codes my wife entered.

marginal 03-09-12 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by kenbenobi (Post 11146629)
Sorry, my wife already entered the two codes we had to get another John Carter ticket, which she went to see today. I'll dig around to see if I can find another title we didn't enter, but I think those were our last 2 codes.

Thanks for checking! Still willing to trade... can be a dvd code, even...