Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Hot Deals
Reload this Page >

Disney Movie Rewards - What did YOU get?

Community
Search
Hot Deals Post and Discuss Non-DVD Bargains and Sales!

Disney Movie Rewards - What did YOU get?

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-10, 08:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Disney Movie Rewards - What did YOU get?

Originally Posted by MadonnasManOne
Congratulations! When did your poster arrive? I'm still waiting on mine, and hope I get as lucky as you did with a mint condition poster!

About 2:45pm today by UPS. Checked it out and took it to the framers about an hour later. It usually takes 4 days but took 5 this time. BUT the shipping notice did come after 11pm so I figured if it went out late it could take an extra day. You can almost always count on 4 business days from the shipping notice (at least where I live. I guess if you life closer or farther from Wisconsin the time could be different). Good Luck. I'm rooting for you to get a great poster too.
Old 01-06-10, 08:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr.Briggs
About 2:45pm today by UPS. Checked it out and took it to the framers about an hour later. It usually takes 4 days but took 5 this time. BUT the shipping notice did come after 11pm so I figured if it went out late it could take an extra day. You can almost always count on 4 business days from the shipping notice (at least where I live. I guess if you life closer or farther from Wisconsin the time could be different). Good Luck. I'm rooting for you to get a great poster too.
Thanks! I am glad that you got it in great condition, and are getting it framed. I really can't wait to see it!
Old 01-06-10, 09:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Thanks! I am glad that you got it in great condition, and are getting it framed. I really can't wait to see it!
Thanks. It is a beautiful piece. If I remember yours shipped a couple days after mine so it should arrive in the next day or two. If I were you I'd do what I did (I did this with all my sculptures too) which is to call DMR & ask them for a UPS tracking number so that you will know the exact day it will arrive. If you get Stephanie it will be easy but even Karen will do it for you (she'll just make you work a little harder for it).
Old 01-06-10, 10:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Mr.Briggs
Thanks. It is a beautiful piece. If I remember yours shipped a couple days after mine so it should arrive in the next day or two. If I were you I'd do what I did (I did this with all my sculptures too) which is to call DMR & ask them for a UPS tracking number so that you will know the exact day it will arrive. If you get Stephanie it will be easy but even Karen will do it for you (she'll just make you work a little harder for it).
Thanks for the information. I will have to try to do that, tomorrow. I'm so excited to get it, I'm like a kid at Christmas!
Old 01-07-10, 07:36 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Got my poster today. Missing the plastic end of one of the tubes and a frayed edge along the top right. Goes about 6 inches from the corner and frayed to about half an inch in. Not completely horrible but still

Still waiting on the stock. That seems to take forever.
Old 01-07-10, 10:11 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,226 Posts

Originally Posted by Mister Peepers
Got my poster today. Missing the plastic end of one of the tubes and a frayed edge along the top right. Goes about 6 inches from the corner and frayed to about half an inch in. Not completely horrible but still

Still waiting on the stock. That seems to take forever.
Framing should cover the fraying. Still that does suck, doesn't it? You'd think they'd know to put the poster in a plastic sleeve, but I guess they just don't bother.

That stock thing looked nice. If I hadn't got a poster, I would have gotten that.
Old 01-08-10, 12:56 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Decker
Framing should cover the fraying. Still that does suck, doesn't it? You'd think they'd know to put the poster in a plastic sleeve, but I guess they just don't bother.

That stock thing looked nice. If I hadn't got a poster, I would have gotten that.
Framing? I'm just going to use thumbtacks. Much cheaper than buying a frame.

After 3 weeks, the stock is in the framing stage. Guess it won't be much longer now.

Then I'll use thumbtacks to put it up
Old 01-09-10, 10:11 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

My wife received her Mickey Mouse Sorcerer's Appentice yesterday. Gott a say it feels like it was a steal at that point level. Hopefully they will put more items like this up for grabs in the future.
Old 01-09-10, 10:58 PM

Got my poster back from Michaels this evening. It came out pretty nice. I used a simple black metal frame and it looks pretty good -- the one sheet fades from blue to black as it goes towards the edges, so the color is a natural fit. The frame does hide the frayed edges nicely. There are still visible wrinkles from signage (I assume), but apparently they couldn't be pressed out without damaging the signatures. It's not a big deal; I just have to be careful to not hang it directly under lighting.

Looking at the poster now, and cross checking with IMDB, I discovered something that probably was pretty obvious but I never realized before -- the animators who signed the poster aren't random Disney animators, but rather the supervising animators of the characters depicted in the poster and everyone has signed next to their respective characters (except the guy who animated Louis the firefly as the director signed below him in the most prominent spot, relegating him to the spot below that). It's a VERY cool collectible -- really attractive. Now to decide where to hang it...

Last edited by Decker; 01-09-10 at 11:00 PM.
Old 01-10-10, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Decker
Got my poster back from Michaels this evening. It came out pretty nice. I used a simple black metal frame and it looks pretty good -- the one sheet fades from blue to black as it goes towards the edges, so the color is a natural fit. The frame does hide the frayed edges nicely. There are still visible wrinkles from signage (I assume), but apparently they couldn't be pressed out without damaging the signatures. It's not a big deal; I just have to be careful to not hang it directly under lighting.

Looking at the poster now, and cross checking with IMDB, I discovered something that probably was pretty obvious but I never realized before -- the animators who signed the poster aren't random Disney animators, but rather the supervising animators of the characters depicted in the poster and everyone has signed next to their respective characters (except the guy who animated Louis the firefly as the director signed below him in the most prominent spot, relegating him to the spot below that). It's a VERY cool collectible -- really attractive. Now to decide where to hang it...
Sounds very nice. Can't wait for mine to get back from framing (in about 3 weeks). Someone on UltimateDisney did a list of the Directors & animators & their credits (besides P&TF) & it is QUITE a list of the best 2D Disney animated movies of the last 20-25 years. This is the 4th movie directed by Clement & Musker (P&TF, Little Mermaid, Aladdin & Hercules). The original animators were known as the 9 Old Men & I would call these guys the 9 Young Men of Disney 2D. It IS a Hall of Fame signed poster. I'd like to list all of the animators & directors & their works from IMDB & keep a copy for myself & put a copy attached to the back of the frame. When you think about what it would take to gather all these guys together and get all of their signatures the value of this collectible is staggering. I can't believe it only cost 3,500 points. Especially when DMR wants 9,100 for a signed poster of the Mary Poppins broadway musical. Yeah, it's a hit Broadway show but it has no name actors in it & I wouldn't spend 1,000 points for a signed poster of it.

Last edited by Mr.Briggs; 01-10-10 at 12:32 PM.
Old 01-11-10, 03:03 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Wow, you all are making a good case to pick the poster up. I was saving my points for the Jessie and Bullseye record player thing but I may pick up the poster. Decisions...decisions...
Old 01-11-10, 03:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Deadpool
Wow, you all are making a good case to pick the poster up. I was saving my points for the Jessie and Bullseye record player thing but I may pick up the poster. Decisions...decisions...
The poster is not available, anymore. I doubt that it will be brought back. I would keep saving the points for the record player.
Old 01-11-10, 03:12 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The poster is not available, anymore. I doubt that it will be brought back. I would keep saving the points for the record player.
I just checked the site before I posted. 3500 points...it's still there
Old 01-11-10, 03:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 741 Likes on 366 Posts

I just checked the site before I posted. 3500 points...it's still there
Yes, but when you click on it, it tells you it is not available.
Old 01-11-10, 03:23 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Jabroni
Yes, but when you click on it, it tells you it is not available.
Ah...I never clicked on it...

My decision is made for me
Old 01-11-10, 03:30 PM

Ah...I never clicked on it...

My decision is made for me
Well, on the plus side, Jessie and Bullseye don't require a $200 frame job.
Old 01-14-10, 12:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Unbelievable! I am so pissed right now, I can't even see straight. I called DMR the other day, because the status of my Animators/Directors signed "The Princess and the Frog" poster was still sitting in "Billing Information Received" status at UPS. It hadn't updated since 12/31/09. I speak with Karen, who tells me that she will send an E-mail to someone to find out why nothing else has happened. She told me to call back Thursday morning. So, this morning, I call, and Karen answers. She said she would place me on hold to find out a new status. She comes back to tell me she's sorry, that there was a problem with this order, and they don't have a poster to give me. She tells me that she will refund my points. I tell her that I don't want my 3500 points back, I want the poster that I had ordered BEFORE it went out of stock. She said she's sorry, but, there's nothing they can do. They don't have the poster to send to me. So, I'm out of luck. I'm so disappointed, so frustrated, so angry! I can't believe they can do this to someone. I asked to speak to a supervisor, and she said she would have one call me. I still haven't heard from one. I don't even know what to say, I'm so angry. I don't want my damn points back, I want that poster! What a freaking joke this Disney Movie Rewards program is! Unbelievable!
Old 01-14-10, 12:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

That is a real shame. You & I ordered them the same day. You have my sympathy.
Old 01-14-10, 12:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm sorry to hear that. I was regretting not ordering the poster, but to order one and get screwed like that really blows...
Old 01-14-10, 03:59 PM

That's awful. Sorry to read that, MadonnasManOne.
Old 01-14-10, 04:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Thanks, guys. It's very disappointing. I'm still so sad. A supervisor did call me back. She apologized many times, but, it doesn't really help. She offered to send me a "The Princess and the Frog" lithograph that's available for 400 points, without deducting the points. I told her I didn't want it, so, they just added 400 more points to my account. This really sucks, but, I guess I'll just have to get over it.
Old 01-26-10, 01:15 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by darkdaze73
My wife received her Mickey Mouse Sorcerer's Appentice yesterday. Gott a say it feels like it was a steal at that point level. Hopefully they will put more items like this up for grabs in the future.
That is what I got too and love it. What a great deal, trouble is it took me down to only 405 points left. There is a poster at 700 I have to wait until about 2 or 3 more Bluray purchases and or special codes.
Old 01-26-10, 07:45 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

Thanks, guys. It's very disappointing. I'm still so sad. A supervisor did call me back. She apologized many times, but, it doesn't really help. She offered to send me a "The Princess and the Frog" lithograph that's available for 400 points, without deducting the points. I told her I didn't want it, so, they just added 400 more points to my account. This really sucks, but, I guess I'll just have to get over it.
I hadn't checked the thread lately but it seems you had worse luck than me. Sorry.

Looking at the glass as half full, you still have your points if they decide to offer an autographed Toy Story 3 one sheet while the rest of us drained our accounts.
Old 01-26-10, 08:14 AM

I'm beginning to get a bad feeling that I'm not getting my Princess And The Frog poster either. I mentioned earlier in this thread that I ordered the poster in early December.

After about three and a half weeks I called to check on it since others were ordering after me and getting the poster within days. When I called, the woman there told me there was a problem with my first order, but they had a poster for me, and she were putting the order through again. Two weeks later, I called back and they assured me that the order was still in place and they still had the poster. That was two weeks ago.

Yesterday, I called back and talked to same person for the third time. She couldn't understand why my poster had not shipped, and she said she would have to check on it and call me back. I haven't heard anything yet, but I will be surprised if I get a poster at this point.
Old 01-26-10, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by Dusty Bottoms
I'm beginning to get a bad feeling that I'm not getting my Princess And The Frog poster either. I mentioned earlier in this thread that I ordered the poster in early December.

After about three and a half weeks I called to check on it since others were ordering after me and getting the poster within days. When I called, the woman there told me there was a problem with my first order, but they had a poster for me, and she were putting the order through again. Two weeks later, I called back and they assured me that the order was still in place and they still had the poster. That was two weeks ago.

Yesterday, I called back and talked to same person for the third time. She couldn't understand why my poster had not shipped, and she said she would have to check on it and call me back. I haven't heard anything yet, but I will be surprised if I get a poster at this point.
Well, I just got my call from Disney Movie Rewards. They aren't going to be able to send me a poster. I spoke to a supervisor who could do nothing but apologize. The only thing she could offer me was a refund of my points, and she had no explanation as to why my order wasn't filled the first or the second time.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.