Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Hot Deals
Reload this Page >

Disney Movie Rewards - What did YOU get?

Hot Deals Post and Discuss Non-DVD Bargains and Sales!

Disney Movie Rewards - What did YOU get?

Old 01-26-10, 06:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Disney Movie Rewards - What did YOU get?

Originally Posted by Dusty Bottoms
Well, I just got my call from Disney Movie Rewards. They aren't going to be able to send me a poster. I spoke to a supervisor who could do nothing but apologize. The only thing she could offer me was a refund of my points, and she had no explanation as to why my order wasn't filled the first or the second time.
I'm so sorry to hear this. I completely understand your disappointment about this. If I were you, I would call them back and ask them to give you additional points. They offered to send me a Princess and the Frog lithograph worth 400 points with no deduction in my points. I told them I didn't want it, and asked if I could just get those additional points. They gave them to me. Also, I know exactly why we didn't get our posters. The supervisor I spoke to said they had 4 or 5 posters that were very damaged, and they couldn't ship them out. How they were damaged, I have no idea, but, she said that is probably why I didn't get my poster, because it was badly damaged, and they wouldn't ship it.
Old 01-26-10, 06:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
I hadn't checked the thread lately but it seems you had worse luck than me. Sorry.

Looking at the glass as half full, you still have your points if they decide to offer an autographed Toy Story 3 one sheet while the rest of us drained our accounts.
Thank you for your concern. I know that it's good I still have my points. Actually, I got more than when this whole thing started, as sort of an apology. I've spent 475 points to get the "UP" grape pin. I can't wait to get it (assuming they don't screw that up, somehow)! Also, when I was speaking with that supervisor when I found out I wasn't getting my poster, she asked if there was anything else she could do for me, and I said, "Yes, tell them to offer an autographed "Toy Story 3" poster, and I'll be happy!". She replied, "I wish!" Of course, I see that Lee Unkrich (director of "Toy Story 3") is auctioning off Tom Hanks autographed posters on eBay for the Clinton Bush Haiti fund, but, the bid prices are out of my league. He actually has quite a few awesome items I'd love to have, but, can't afford!

Here's a link for those who would like to take a look at the awesome stuff (most of it autographed) he has up for bid:

http://shop.ebay.com/ts3lee/m.html?_...&_trksid=p3686
Old 01-26-10, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by MadonnasManOne
I'm so sorry to hear this. I completely understand your disappointment about this. If I were you, I would call them back and ask them to give you additional points. They offered to send me a Princess and the Frog lithograph worth 400 points with no deduction in my points. I told them I didn't want it, and asked if I could just get those additional points. They gave them to me. Also, I know exactly why we didn't get our posters. The supervisor I spoke to said they had 4 or 5 posters that were very damaged, and they couldn't ship them out. How they were damaged, I have no idea, but, she said that is probably why I didn't get my poster, because it was badly damaged, and they wouldn't ship it.
I was so upset over the whole thing that I'm not sure I would have accepted 400 points if they had offered them.

The supervisor also told me that some of the posters had been damaged. That may be the case, but it doesn't explain the mistakes that were made. When I called the first time, I was told in no uncertain terms that they had a poster to ship. After losing my first order, they should taken extra steps to make sure it was shipped right away, and I should have been contacted if there was a problem. I still wouldn't know there was a problem if I hadn't called yesterday for the third time to follow up.

I also mentioned to the supervisor that my brother's order for the Selena Gomez signed Wizards Of Waverly Place CD and poster was also lost until he called after the items were sold out. She had no explanation for that either.
Old 01-26-10, 07:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Dusty Bottoms
I was so upset over the whole thing that I'm not sure I would have accepted 400 points if they had offered them.

The supervisor also told me that some of the posters had been damaged. That may be the case, but it doesn't explain the mistakes that were made. When I called the first time, I was told in no uncertain terms that they had a poster to ship. After losing my first order, they should taken extra steps to make sure it was shipped right away, and I should have been contacted if there was a problem. I still wouldn't know there was a problem if I hadn't called yesterday for the third time to follow up.

I also mentioned to the supervisor that my brother's order for the Selena Gomez signed Wizards Of Waverly Place CD and poster was also lost until he called after the items were sold out. She had no explanation for that either.
I know, the extra points don't really make up for it, and you are right, regardless if the posters were damaged, they should have made sure that they had the appropriate amount of posters to ship out. If they saw they had damaged posters, they should have stopped taking orders at the amount of good posters. I was told the same thing, that there was no problem with my order, and I would get it. This was told to me, twice. I even got the shipping notice. It took me following up, two more times, before I found out they didn't have a poster to ship me. They really need to get their act together, because, this really reflects badly on Disney as a company!
Old 01-27-10, 08:12 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 909 Likes on 644 Posts

Here's a link for those who would like to take a look at the awesome stuff (most of it autographed) he has up for bid:

http://shop.ebay.com/ts3lee/m.html?_...&_trksid=p3686
"Take a look at" is appropriate. $152 for a Don Rickles autographed Potato Head poster, with 4 days to go? Wow.
Old 01-27-10, 08:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
"Take a look at" is appropriate. $152 for a Don Rickles autographed Potato Head poster, with 4 days to go? Wow.
Wow, that wasn't even on there when I posted that link. In fact, he's added quite a few new items! Sigh...I'd love to be able to bid and win, but, not gonna happen!
Old 01-29-10, 08:52 PM
g
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts

They just sent me a real long survey which took forever for 100 points. It was an ordeal and should have gotten more points for it.
Old 01-30-10, 09:35 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts

I redeemed some points on Jan 2. Just got the shipping notice Jan 29. Wow 27 days to ship.. Glad it was "free"..
Old 01-30-10, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LotusEater79
From the Disney Movie Rewards newsletter...
A GIFT JUST FOR YOU
50 BONUS POINTS FROM DISNEY MOVIE REWARDS
Enter code: CELEBRATE (one-time use code)
Valid 1/1/10-1/31/10
Just a bump since the deadline to enter the code is this Sunday at midnight-thus Monday morning.
Had some trouble with this code - seemed they didn't want me to take advantage of the bonus points
because the first three times I tried entering it (on different days), there was a different error each time.
(system was down, wrong code, I had already entered the code etc) Figured I would give it another shot
yesterday before emailing them to let them know my problem - and surprise to me it worked.

LB...

Last edited by LaxBandit; 01-31-10 at 03:39 PM.
Old 01-31-10, 02:01 PM

From the DMR "Message Center":

Subject: GREAT NEWS - More Time To Earn Rewards!

We're celebrating here at Disney Movie Rewards and invite you to join us. Now there's more time to earn rewards! You may enter eligible Magic Codes and collect points until 7/31/11, redeeming them for rewards through 8/31/11. If you have inserts with eligible Magic Codes and earlier end dates, they're still valid! Click here for details.

And to you, our valued members, we say a heartfelt "thanks" for your participation!
Old 01-31-10, 02:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 176 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by akrate69
You may enter eligible Magic Codes and collect points until 7/31/11, redeeming them for rewards through 8/31/11.
Awesome! I figured they'd continue it, given its popularity, but it's nice to know for sure.
Old 02-02-10, 11:56 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 176 Likes on 116 Posts

HT6G7K3XW gets you 50 free points as part of their Alice in Wonderland "Six Impossible Things" promotion. Enjoy.
Old 02-02-10, 12:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by MinLShaw
HT6G7K3XW gets you 50 free points as part of their Alice in Wonderland "Six Impossible Things" promotion. Enjoy.
Thanks!
Old 02-02-10, 05:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 362 Likes on 214 Posts

Originally Posted by MinLShaw
Thank You, I am up to 3535 points now.
Old 02-05-10, 07:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Took 30 days but I got the P&TF poster back from the art & frame studio & it is absolutely beautiful. 12 perfect signatures & I am convinced this is by far the best Reward they've ever offered. Spent big bucks on the framing but it is SO well worth it. Bring on Toy Story 3 with a signed poster please!
Old 02-05-10, 08:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Mr.Briggs
Took 30 days but I got the P&TF poster back from the art & frame studio & it is absolutely beautiful. 12 perfect signatures & I am convinced this is by far the best Reward they've ever offered. Spent big bucks on the framing but it is SO well worth it. Bring on Toy Story 3 with a signed poster please!
Congratulations. I am still so sad I didn't get mine. I would love to see a picture of yours, though, if you can post one.

I would LOVE for them to offer a signed Toy Story 3 poster! I'd hit that the first day it was offered!
Old 02-05-10, 08:51 PM

Congratulations. I am still so sad I didn't get mine. I would love to see a picture of yours, though, if you can post one.

I would LOVE for them to offer a signed Toy Story 3 poster! I'd hit that the first day it was offered!
me too i soooo hope they offer up one. anyone remember when the frog was offered in relationship to its release?
Old 02-12-10, 10:53 AM

I haven't followed the DMR offers much over the last year since my blu-ray player debacle. I'm approaching pixie dust level again, and banking points for something nice, although nothing on the site remotely interests me besides the 15,000 point studio tour ;-).

How often have they been offering double point days? I missed the last one in Dec. I have the 2 zorro disney treasures sets which would be nice to double as well as a few BDs that I haven't bothered to post to my acct.

Thanks. . .
Old 02-13-10, 11:52 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I remember the bait & switch that Disney pulled with the blu ray. Whatever you do, if you ever happen to get the 15,000 points DON'T blow them on the tour, unless you have EVERY pop for every point you've accumulated & I don't know anyone who can do that. If you look in their fine print for that they say they can (& I'm sure will) require that you can authenticate every code you've ever entered. I've read that they only have like 1 of each tour & I've never read of anyone getting one. It was the same way with the lcd hdtv they had way back when. I remember a guy who used to trade here & later on slickdeals (named Fuss) who cashed in for it & they asked him to produce POP for every point. When he couldn't he didn't get the tv or his 10,000 points back.
Old 02-13-10, 11:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Enter code 9FTMRYWEK for 50 FREE Points!
Old 02-13-10, 11:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 373 Likes on 234 Posts

Thanks, bigjim25!
Old 02-14-10, 12:15 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by bigjim25
Enter code 9FTMRYWEK for 50 FREE Points!
Thanks!
Old 02-14-10, 05:04 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Mr.Briggs
I remember the bait & switch that Disney pulled with the blu ray. Whatever you do, if you ever happen to get the 15,000 points DON'T blow them on the tour, unless you have EVERY pop for every point you've accumulated & I don't know anyone who can do that. If you look in their fine print for that they say they can (& I'm sure will) require that you can authenticate every code you've ever entered. I've read that they only have like 1 of each tour & I've never read of anyone getting one. It was the same way with the lcd hdtv they had way back when. I remember a guy who used to trade here & later on slickdeals (named Fuss) who cashed in for it & they asked him to produce POP for every point. When he couldn't he didn't get the tv or his 10,000 points back.
So how the hell do we authenticate the free points they give us? How could we authenticate a DVD or BD that we sold or gave away? Those people at Disney are looking for a stupid lawsuit for refusing to give a stupid tour that doesn't even cost them money.
Old 02-14-10, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by dx23
So how the hell do we authenticate the free points they give us? How could we authenticate a DVD or BD that we sold or gave away? Those people at Disney are looking for a stupid lawsuit for refusing to give a stupid tour that doesn't even cost them money.
you probably have to show a purchase receipt, good luck trying to sue Disney and winning..
Never Happen...
DG
Old 02-15-10, 12:53 AM
g
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts

Its in small print on the page with the disney tour. I think they need only disclose it in the rules for it to be legal.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.