Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Hot Deals
Reload this Page >

Disney Movie Rewards - What did YOU get?

Hot Deals Post and Discuss Non-DVD Bargains and Sales!

Disney Movie Rewards - What did YOU get?

Old 01-26-10, 06:40 PM
  #326  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,429
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Disney Movie Rewards - What did YOU get?

Originally Posted by Dusty Bottoms
Well, I just got my call from Disney Movie Rewards. They aren't going to be able to send me a poster. I spoke to a supervisor who could do nothing but apologize. The only thing she could offer me was a refund of my points, and she had no explanation as to why my order wasn't filled the first or the second time.
I'm so sorry to hear this. I completely understand your disappointment about this. If I were you, I would call them back and ask them to give you additional points. They offered to send me a Princess and the Frog lithograph worth 400 points with no deduction in my points. I told them I didn't want it, and asked if I could just get those additional points. They gave them to me. Also, I know exactly why we didn't get our posters. The supervisor I spoke to said they had 4 or 5 posters that were very damaged, and they couldn't ship them out. How they were damaged, I have no idea, but, she said that is probably why I didn't get my poster, because it was badly damaged, and they wouldn't ship it.
MadonnasManOne is offline  
Old 01-26-10, 06:49 PM
  #327  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,429
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Disney Movie Rewards - What did YOU get?

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
I hadn't checked the thread lately but it seems you had worse luck than me. Sorry.

Looking at the glass as half full, you still have your points if they decide to offer an autographed Toy Story 3 one sheet while the rest of us drained our accounts.
Thank you for your concern. I know that it's good I still have my points. Actually, I got more than when this whole thing started, as sort of an apology. I've spent 475 points to get the "UP" grape pin. I can't wait to get it (assuming they don't screw that up, somehow)! Also, when I was speaking with that supervisor when I found out I wasn't getting my poster, she asked if there was anything else she could do for me, and I said, "Yes, tell them to offer an autographed "Toy Story 3" poster, and I'll be happy!". She replied, "I wish!" Of course, I see that Lee Unkrich (director of "Toy Story 3") is auctioning off Tom Hanks autographed posters on eBay for the Clinton Bush Haiti fund, but, the bid prices are out of my league. He actually has quite a few awesome items I'd love to have, but, can't afford!

Here's a link for those who would like to take a look at the awesome stuff (most of it autographed) he has up for bid:

http://shop.ebay.com/ts3lee/m.html?_...&_trksid=p3686
MadonnasManOne is offline  
Old 01-26-10, 07:26 PM
  #328  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Bowling Green, KY
Posts: 406
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Disney Movie Rewards - What did YOU get?

Originally Posted by MadonnasManOne
I'm so sorry to hear this. I completely understand your disappointment about this. If I were you, I would call them back and ask them to give you additional points. They offered to send me a Princess and the Frog lithograph worth 400 points with no deduction in my points. I told them I didn't want it, and asked if I could just get those additional points. They gave them to me. Also, I know exactly why we didn't get our posters. The supervisor I spoke to said they had 4 or 5 posters that were very damaged, and they couldn't ship them out. How they were damaged, I have no idea, but, she said that is probably why I didn't get my poster, because it was badly damaged, and they wouldn't ship it.
I was so upset over the whole thing that I'm not sure I would have accepted 400 points if they had offered them.

The supervisor also told me that some of the posters had been damaged. That may be the case, but it doesn't explain the mistakes that were made. When I called the first time, I was told in no uncertain terms that they had a poster to ship. After losing my first order, they should taken extra steps to make sure it was shipped right away, and I should have been contacted if there was a problem. I still wouldn't know there was a problem if I hadn't called yesterday for the third time to follow up.

I also mentioned to the supervisor that my brother's order for the Selena Gomez signed Wizards Of Waverly Place CD and poster was also lost until he called after the items were sold out. She had no explanation for that either.
Dusty Bottoms is offline  
Old 01-26-10, 07:41 PM
  #329  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,429
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Disney Movie Rewards - What did YOU get?

Originally Posted by Dusty Bottoms
I was so upset over the whole thing that I'm not sure I would have accepted 400 points if they had offered them.

The supervisor also told me that some of the posters had been damaged. That may be the case, but it doesn't explain the mistakes that were made. When I called the first time, I was told in no uncertain terms that they had a poster to ship. After losing my first order, they should taken extra steps to make sure it was shipped right away, and I should have been contacted if there was a problem. I still wouldn't know there was a problem if I hadn't called yesterday for the third time to follow up.

I also mentioned to the supervisor that my brother's order for the Selena Gomez signed Wizards Of Waverly Place CD and poster was also lost until he called after the items were sold out. She had no explanation for that either.
I know, the extra points don't really make up for it, and you are right, regardless if the posters were damaged, they should have made sure that they had the appropriate amount of posters to ship out. If they saw they had damaged posters, they should have stopped taking orders at the amount of good posters. I was told the same thing, that there was no problem with my order, and I would get it. This was told to me, twice. I even got the shipping notice. It took me following up, two more times, before I found out they didn't have a poster to ship me. They really need to get their act together, because, this really reflects badly on Disney as a company!
MadonnasManOne is offline  
Old 01-27-10, 08:12 AM
  #330  
DVD Talk Godfather
 
Michael Corvin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 1999
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 62,511
Received 909 Likes on 644 Posts
Re: Disney Movie Rewards - What did YOU get?

Originally Posted by MadonnasManOne
Here's a link for those who would like to take a look at the awesome stuff (most of it autographed) he has up for bid:

http://shop.ebay.com/ts3lee/m.html?_...&_trksid=p3686
"Take a look at" is appropriate. $152 for a Don Rickles autographed Potato Head poster, with 4 days to go? Wow.
Michael Corvin is offline  
Old 01-27-10, 08:53 PM
  #331  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,429
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Disney Movie Rewards - What did YOU get?

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
"Take a look at" is appropriate. $152 for a Don Rickles autographed Potato Head poster, with 4 days to go? Wow.
Wow, that wasn't even on there when I posted that link. In fact, he's added quite a few new items! Sigh...I'd love to be able to bid and win, but, not gonna happen!
MadonnasManOne is offline  
Old 01-29-10, 08:52 PM
  #332  
g
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Posts: 4,291
Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts
Re: Disney Movie Rewards - What did YOU get?

They just sent me a real long survey which took forever for 100 points. It was an ordeal and should have gotten more points for it.
g is offline  
Old 01-30-10, 09:35 AM
  #333  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
b2net's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 5,942
Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts
Re: Disney Movie Rewards - What did YOU get?

I redeemed some points on Jan 2. Just got the shipping notice Jan 29. Wow 27 days to ship.. Glad it was "free"..
b2net is offline  
Old 01-30-10, 09:55 AM
  #334  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 2,767
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Disney Movie Rewards - What did YOU get?

Originally Posted by LotusEater79
From the Disney Movie Rewards newsletter...
A GIFT JUST FOR YOU
50 BONUS POINTS FROM DISNEY MOVIE REWARDS
Enter code: CELEBRATE (one-time use code)
Valid 1/1/10-1/31/10
Just a bump since the deadline to enter the code is this Sunday at midnight-thus Monday morning.
Had some trouble with this code - seemed they didn't want me to take advantage of the bonus points
because the first three times I tried entering it (on different days), there was a different error each time.
(system was down, wrong code, I had already entered the code etc) Figured I would give it another shot
yesterday before emailing them to let them know my problem - and surprise to me it worked.

LB...

Last edited by LaxBandit; 01-31-10 at 03:39 PM.
LaxBandit is offline  
Old 01-31-10, 02:01 PM
  #335  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 1999
Location: Eastpointe, MI
Posts: 262
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Disney Movie Rewards - What did YOU get?

From the DMR "Message Center":


Subject: GREAT NEWS - More Time To Earn Rewards!

We're celebrating here at Disney Movie Rewards and invite you to join us. Now there's more time to earn rewards! You may enter eligible Magic Codes and collect points until 7/31/11, redeeming them for rewards through 8/31/11. If you have inserts with eligible Magic Codes and earlier end dates, they're still valid! Click here for details.

And to you, our valued members, we say a heartfelt "thanks" for your participation!
akrate69 is offline  
Old 01-31-10, 02:03 PM
  #336  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Travis McClain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Western Hemisphere
Posts: 7,758
Received 176 Likes on 116 Posts
Re: Disney Movie Rewards - What did YOU get?

Originally Posted by akrate69
You may enter eligible Magic Codes and collect points until 7/31/11, redeeming them for rewards through 8/31/11.
Awesome! I figured they'd continue it, given its popularity, but it's nice to know for sure.
Travis McClain is offline  
Old 02-02-10, 11:56 AM
  #337  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Travis McClain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Western Hemisphere
Posts: 7,758
Received 176 Likes on 116 Posts
Re: Disney Movie Rewards - What did YOU get?

HT6G7K3XW gets you 50 free points as part of their Alice in Wonderland "Six Impossible Things" promotion. Enjoy.
Travis McClain is offline  
Old 02-02-10, 12:12 PM
  #338  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,429
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Disney Movie Rewards - What did YOU get?

Originally Posted by MinLShaw
HT6G7K3XW gets you 50 free points as part of their Alice in Wonderland "Six Impossible Things" promotion. Enjoy.
Thanks!
MadonnasManOne is offline  
Old 02-02-10, 05:43 PM
  #339  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
kahuna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 1999
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 6,671
Received 362 Likes on 214 Posts
Re: Disney Movie Rewards - What did YOU get?

Originally Posted by MinLShaw
HT6G7K3XW gets you 50 free points as part of their Alice in Wonderland "Six Impossible Things" promotion. Enjoy.
Thank You, I am up to 3535 points now.
kahuna is offline  
Old 02-05-10, 07:48 PM
  #340  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Wouldn't you like to know?
Posts: 1,819
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Disney Movie Rewards - What did YOU get?

Took 30 days but I got the P&TF poster back from the art & frame studio & it is absolutely beautiful. 12 perfect signatures & I am convinced this is by far the best Reward they've ever offered. Spent big bucks on the framing but it is SO well worth it. Bring on Toy Story 3 with a signed poster please!
Mr.Briggs is offline  
Old 02-05-10, 08:29 PM
  #341  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,429
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Disney Movie Rewards - What did YOU get?

Originally Posted by Mr.Briggs
Took 30 days but I got the P&TF poster back from the art & frame studio & it is absolutely beautiful. 12 perfect signatures & I am convinced this is by far the best Reward they've ever offered. Spent big bucks on the framing but it is SO well worth it. Bring on Toy Story 3 with a signed poster please!
Congratulations. I am still so sad I didn't get mine. I would love to see a picture of yours, though, if you can post one.

I would LOVE for them to offer a signed Toy Story 3 poster! I'd hit that the first day it was offered!
MadonnasManOne is offline  
Old 02-05-10, 08:51 PM
  #342  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Elizabethton, TN
Posts: 672
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Disney Movie Rewards - What did YOU get?

Originally Posted by MadonnasManOne
Congratulations. I am still so sad I didn't get mine. I would love to see a picture of yours, though, if you can post one.

I would LOVE for them to offer a signed Toy Story 3 poster! I'd hit that the first day it was offered!
me too i soooo hope they offer up one. anyone remember when the frog was offered in relationship to its release?
orion1998_1 is offline  
Old 02-12-10, 10:53 AM
  #343  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Bahston
Posts: 519
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Disney Movie Rewards - What did YOU get?

I haven't followed the DMR offers much over the last year since my blu-ray player debacle. I'm approaching pixie dust level again, and banking points for something nice, although nothing on the site remotely interests me besides the 15,000 point studio tour ;-).

How often have they been offering double point days? I missed the last one in Dec. I have the 2 zorro disney treasures sets which would be nice to double as well as a few BDs that I haven't bothered to post to my acct.

Thanks. . .
hobbes4444 is offline  
Old 02-13-10, 11:52 AM
  #344  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Wouldn't you like to know?
Posts: 1,819
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Disney Movie Rewards - What did YOU get?

I remember the bait & switch that Disney pulled with the blu ray. Whatever you do, if you ever happen to get the 15,000 points DON'T blow them on the tour, unless you have EVERY pop for every point you've accumulated & I don't know anyone who can do that. If you look in their fine print for that they say they can (& I'm sure will) require that you can authenticate every code you've ever entered. I've read that they only have like 1 of each tour & I've never read of anyone getting one. It was the same way with the lcd hdtv they had way back when. I remember a guy who used to trade here & later on slickdeals (named Fuss) who cashed in for it & they asked him to produce POP for every point. When he couldn't he didn't get the tv or his 10,000 points back.
Mr.Briggs is offline  
Old 02-13-10, 11:09 PM
  #345  
DVD Talk Legend
 
bigjim25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: WV
Posts: 11,220
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Disney Movie Rewards - What did YOU get?

Enter code 9FTMRYWEK for 50 FREE Points!
bigjim25 is offline  
Old 02-13-10, 11:48 PM
  #346  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Cardsfan111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 18,495
Likes: 0
Received 373 Likes on 234 Posts
Re: Disney Movie Rewards - What did YOU get?

Thanks, bigjim25!
Cardsfan111 is offline  
Old 02-14-10, 12:15 PM
  #347  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
JackBurton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 2,057
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Disney Movie Rewards - What did YOU get?

Originally Posted by bigjim25
Enter code 9FTMRYWEK for 50 FREE Points!
Thanks!
JackBurton is offline  
Old 02-14-10, 05:04 PM
  #348  
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 11,973
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Disney Movie Rewards - What did YOU get?

Originally Posted by Mr.Briggs
I remember the bait & switch that Disney pulled with the blu ray. Whatever you do, if you ever happen to get the 15,000 points DON'T blow them on the tour, unless you have EVERY pop for every point you've accumulated & I don't know anyone who can do that. If you look in their fine print for that they say they can (& I'm sure will) require that you can authenticate every code you've ever entered. I've read that they only have like 1 of each tour & I've never read of anyone getting one. It was the same way with the lcd hdtv they had way back when. I remember a guy who used to trade here & later on slickdeals (named Fuss) who cashed in for it & they asked him to produce POP for every point. When he couldn't he didn't get the tv or his 10,000 points back.
So how the hell do we authenticate the free points they give us? How could we authenticate a DVD or BD that we sold or gave away? Those people at Disney are looking for a stupid lawsuit for refusing to give a stupid tour that doesn't even cost them money.
dx23 is offline  
Old 02-14-10, 08:24 PM
  #349  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 744
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Disney Movie Rewards - What did YOU get?

Originally Posted by dx23
So how the hell do we authenticate the free points they give us? How could we authenticate a DVD or BD that we sold or gave away? Those people at Disney are looking for a stupid lawsuit for refusing to give a stupid tour that doesn't even cost them money.
you probably have to show a purchase receipt, good luck trying to sue Disney and winning..
Never Happen...
DG
disneyguy is offline  
Old 02-15-10, 12:53 AM
  #350  
g
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Posts: 4,291
Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts
Re: Disney Movie Rewards - What did YOU get?

Its in small print on the page with the disney tour. I think they need only disclose it in the rules for it to be legal.
g is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.