Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Hot Deals
Reload this Page >

BestBuy bucks strategies??

Community
Search
Hot Deals Post and Discuss Non-DVD Bargains and Sales!

BestBuy bucks strategies??

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-06, 12:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So, you take the item up to the front register and use the BBB there right? You don't have to go to the customer service desk or anything like that do you?
Old 11-05-06, 03:25 PM
mbs
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Shimmer35
So, you take the item up to the front register and use the BBB there right? You don't have to go to the customer service desk or anything like that do you?
Correct. In my experience, when turning in 200 of them, they'll often call over a manager to make sure it is okay.
Old 11-05-06, 04:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Shimmer35
last year I was directed to actually make my purchase at the customer service desk. I didn't even get a chance to do it at the regular register.

added: I'm planning to use some of the codes online to get Gears of War. Should I place the order with them now (with delivery), or wait until the game comes out before ordering online. I ask because I plan on using them in-store after, but don't want to risk having the order cancelled for some reason losing me 1/2 the value.

Last edited by A-aron; 11-05-06 at 05:50 PM.
Old 11-05-06, 07:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by digitalfreaknyc
i'm thinking of using all mine on a new ipod. there's no problem with that, right?
Apple products were excluded last year:

Link to post with exclusions from last year's monopoly game

but are not excluded this year. Assuming that you buy the new iPod instore, I'd take a copy of the rules with you if I were you.

Last edited by Heat; 11-05-06 at 07:37 PM.
Old 11-05-06, 08:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

i sent in 50 total and opened them all up today. ended up getting 8 $5 and 41 $1 which i thought was a pretty good return on my $39 investment. now i am looking at spending them. from reading this thread, it seems that using them online AND instore is the thing to do. i have a few questions that i am still unsure of.

the most important thing to me is to get a satellite radio reciever, anything else i manage to get would be gravy. if i used the BBB instore to get a satellite radio and then used them online to get some dvd's/cd's (as there is no limit), which would be better to do first, online or instore?
Old 11-05-06, 08:24 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,366 Likes on 928 Posts
Originally Posted by achau9598
last year I was directed to actually make my purchase at the customer service desk. I didn't even get a chance to do it at the regular register.

added: I'm planning to use some of the codes online to get Gears of War. Should I place the order with them now (with delivery), or wait until the game comes out before ordering online. I ask because I plan on using them in-store after, but don't want to risk having the order cancelled for some reason losing me 1/2 the value.
I'd wait and do it intsore. Pricematch it with Fry's if there is one in your market. They are supposed to be selling it for $49.99 on Wendesday.
Old 11-06-06, 05:19 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by kevin75
i sent in 50 total and opened them all up today. ended up getting 8 $5 and 41 $1 which i thought was a pretty good return on my $39 investment. now i am looking at spending them. from reading this thread, it seems that using them online AND instore is the thing to do. i have a few questions that i am still unsure of.

the most important thing to me is to get a satellite radio reciever, anything else i manage to get would be gravy. if i used the BBB instore to get a satellite radio and then used them online to get some dvd's/cd's (as there is no limit), which would be better to do first, online or instore?
online first, then instore. unless you write down the codes, they'd do you no good if you redeemed them instore first - as they will take them from you.
Old 11-06-06, 08:17 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Heat
Apple products were excluded last year:

Link to post with exclusions from last year's monopoly game

but are not excluded this year. Assuming that you buy the new iPod instore, I'd take a copy of the rules with you if I were you.

Hmmmm...strange. I used quite a few BBB last year to get a 60GB video ipod. Granted it was an online order I had shipped to me. So maybe it was different instore.
Old 11-09-06, 05:11 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 960 Likes on 667 Posts
How does returning something bought with the BBB work? I was doing this in anticipation of buying a camera but don't want to be stuck with it if I get a bad pixel. Will I be able to exchange it for the same one without any hassles?
Old 11-09-06, 05:26 PM
mbs

Originally Posted by tanman
How does returning something bought with the BBB work? I was doing this in anticipation of buying a camera but don't want to be stuck with it if I get a bad pixel. Will I be able to exchange it for the same one without any hassles?
For cameras, you have 14-days to exchange. Returns won't work, unless you don't care about losing the BBB. But yes, you can exchange items.
Old 11-10-06, 12:23 PM

Can I use my BBB online for video game pre orders?
Old 11-10-06, 01:26 PM
DVD Talk God

I used it for the HD-DVD preorder, but that comes out in the time frame where the coupons are still active. I wouldn't doubt that they do, but you may want to read the fine print first.
Old 11-10-06, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by sotra
Hmmmm...strange. I used quite a few BBB last year to get a 60GB video ipod. Granted it was an online order I had shipped to me. So maybe it was different instore.
No, not strange. Last year online, there were no "nannies" that limited what product you could buy on line.. Just the $300 limit.

This year, same no product limitation online, but $200/40 code limit. Bought 3 DVDs ($3 limit in store) and a Nintendo DS (exempted product in rules) this week, all paid for using BBBs.
Old 11-11-06, 12:21 AM
Cool New Member

Tried using $3 in BBB today when picking up Cars and was told they are no longer accepting BBB. When asked why I was told because they ended the program.
Old 11-11-06, 09:56 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Jaimeson
Tried using $3 in BBB today when picking up Cars and was told they are no longer accepting BBB. When asked why I was told because they ended the program.
That's BS. It runs until 12/03, IIRC.

They do limit the use of them on newly released DVDs, though.
Old 11-11-06, 10:40 AM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by Deftones
That's BS. It runs until 12/03, IIRC.

They do limit the use of them on newly released DVDs, though.
The DVD title did not make a diffrence I was told they are no longer accepting them, and that the promotion was in fact dead.
Old 11-11-06, 10:44 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

don't the bucks clearly state on them - exp. 12/06 ??
Old 11-11-06, 10:46 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

for some reason I can not edit my post, but they are clearly marked "EXP 12/02/06" It seems like this was the same problem as last year - Best Buy wanting to change the rules to their benefit.
Old 11-11-06, 11:01 AM
mbs

Originally Posted by achau9598
for some reason I can not edit my post, but they are clearly marked "EXP 12/02/06" It seems like this was the same problem as last year - Best Buy wanting to change the rules to their benefit.
The rules this year state that BB cannot alter the rules, only McDonalds can.

So if anyone has a problem with redeeming them, I'd bring a copy of the rules with the expiration and above statement highlited. Then I'd call BB corporate and see if they can help.
Old 11-11-06, 11:45 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by mbs
The rules this year state that BB cannot alter the rules, only McDonalds can.

So if anyone has a problem with redeeming them, I'd bring a copy of the rules with the expiration and above statement highlited. Then I'd call BB corporate and see if they can help.
agreed .. I'm holding on to mine for the Superman set online. I hope I don't have the same problem when I go to use $200 at one time in-store.
Old 11-11-06, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by RawisJericho
Can I use my BBB online for video game pre orders?

Apparently yes, but YMMV. I preordered a few PS3 games a few weeks ago w/ all BBB. Just received my shipping notice that the Tony Hawk game for PS3 shipped today. So I'll have my game before PS3 is even released. Not sure how I'm going to get a PS3 though... might be Spring if the prices on the secondary market stay as high as they are now.
Old 11-11-06, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by Bob330i
No, not strange. Last year online, there were no "nannies" that limited what product you could buy on line.. Just the $300 limit.

This year, same no product limitation online, but $200/40 code limit. Bought 3 DVDs ($3 limit in store) and a Nintendo DS (exempted product in rules) this week, all paid for using BBBs.

Actually last year it was a $120 limit online (40 $3 codes).

I also used $200 online this year for a few orders. Bought a PSP for instore pickup, Ipod Nano, many DVDs, many PSP, PS2 and PS3 preorders.

Also last year I preordered many DVDs w/ BBB and was receiving them in the mail until about February.
Old 11-11-06, 08:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts
I preordered Rainbow Six:Las Vegas (releases 11/16) for the 360 on 11/9, and my order is still processing. I hope this goes through, I ordered Gears of War on the same day on a different order and it has shipped - both had free shipping.
Old 11-12-06, 01:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Bob330i
... and a Nintendo DS (exempted product in rules) ...
Where are you seeing that the Nintendo DS is exempted? I only see that video game hardware listed as being an ineligible item.

Here's a link to the rules that I have been looking at:

http://monopoly.promotions.com/monop...age=rules.html

And Jaimeson, the game is definately still going. It's possible that your local store decided not to do it anymore. Either go to a different store or use them online.

Last edited by Heat; 11-12-06 at 01:56 AM.
Old 11-13-06, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by illini420
Actually last year it was a $120 limit online (40 $3 codes).
Yep, I was thinking about that error over the weekend. Thanks for the clarification. $300 was in store only.

To the comment above re: exempted items, I would presume that "video game hardware" includes portable consoles like the PSP and NDS system. I know that I got rejected once last year trying to buy NDS fat but sneaked an MK edition out using BBBs at another store.

Last edited by Bob330i; 11-13-06 at 01:11 PM.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.