Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

The Imprint Films Blu-ray Thread

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

The Imprint Films Blu-ray Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-24, 09:33 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 988 Likes on 697 Posts
Re: The Imprint Films Blu-ray Thread

Those neo-noir sets are like catnip to me, even if they stretch the definition of neo-noir pretty far. I didn't buy the second one because they are so expensive and I already had a couple of the titles, but this one has Homicide? I've been waiting forever for Homicide. The problem is if I buy vol.3, I'll likely be compelled to buy vol.2.
Old 03-28-24, 06:06 AM

Received 4,585 Likes on 3,104 Posts

Presenting our second batch of Imprint Asia titles, arriving on Blu-ray this June! ⭐⭐⭐
Available for pre-order now at imprintfilms.com.au, these action-packed epics are sure to satisfy lovers of bold cinema with larger-than-life narratives and eye-popping production design.
Each release is strictly limited to 1500 copies only.
=========
THE WANDERING EARTH II (2023) 🚀
The ninth-highest grossing film worldwide of 2023 was The Wandering Earth II, a three hour sci-fi action epic which serves as a prequel to box-office juggernaut ‘The Wandering Earth’ (2019).
Starring Andy Lau (Infernal Affairs, House Of Flying Daggers), Wu Jing (Meg 2, Zu Warriors), Li Xuejian (The Blue Kite), Sha Yi (Cliff Walkers), and Zhu Yanmanzi (An Elephant Sitting Still).
“an exuberance and style that modern blockbusters too often forget” - Tilt Magazine
=========
HERO (2002) 🗡️
Jet Li stars in this modern wuxia classic, a visual spectacular and historical epic set in Ancient China from legendary director Zhang Yimou.
Limited Edition 2-Disc Hardbox featuring both the Theatrical and Extended Director’s Cuts, plus extensive special features.
Released to worldwide critical acclaim and becoming the first Chinese-language film to top the US box office, Hero was nominated for an Oscar for Best Foreign Language Film.
Also starring Tony Leung Chiu-wai (Chungking Express), Maggie Cheung (Chinese Box) and Zhang Ziyi (Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon), the film was ‘presented by’ Quentin Tarantino, who campaigned for its US English-subtitled release.
=========
ZU WARRIORS (2001) 👹
From the iconic filmmaker behind cult classics Double Team and Knock Off, Tsui Hark, comes the action-fantasy hit Zu Warriors (also known as THE LEGEND OF ZU).
A remake of the 1983 film ‘Zu: Warriors from the Magic Mountain’ (widely considered to be the inspiration behind John Carpenter's ‘Big Trouble in Little China’), and based on the Chinese fantasy novel ‘Legend of the Swordsmen of the Mountains of Shu’ by Huanzhulouzhu.
Nominated for six awards at the Hong Kong Film Awards, this action-packed journey stars Ekin Cheng, Cecilia Cheung, Louis Koo, Patrick Tam, Kelly Lin, & Wu Jing.

Old 03-28-24, 09:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,412 Likes on 1,034 Posts

The Wandering Earth films look interesting, has anybody here seen them?
Old 03-28-24, 06:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 618 Likes on 455 Posts

Originally Posted by milo bloom
The Wandering Earth films look interesting, has anybody here seen them?
I’ve seen the first one and thought it was ok, but rather bloated and ponderous in a nationalistic “hey, we can do big sci-fi too, America!” kind of way. Admittedly China’s sci-fi cinema was virtually nil before this film (outside of the occasional lackluster attempts like KUNG FU CYBORG), so its makers deserve some credit for going all in and aiming to compete, and the special FX are excellent. It’s kinda telling, though, that pretty much the only big budget China sci-fi movie since then was the sequel (excluding neutered TV fare like their version of 3 BODY PROBLEM). I haven’t seen the sequel, but noticed just last night that it’s already on Tubi (limited time, presumably), so it might be worth checking it out there before paying exorbitant Imprint prices for it. Wellgo released it on Blu-ray in September, and their Asian stuff always gets blown out at some point, so that’s always an option if you end up liking it.

- - - - - - - -

Oddly enough, I was just going through my original Hong Kong DVDs a couple of nights ago, pruning a ton of stuff I’ve upgraded to Blu-Ray in the last year or so, and I got to ZU WARRIORS and I struggled for a while to figure out whether I had a Blu-ray of it. Searching various order histories told me that I didn’t, nor could I find any evidence of a Blu-ray release, there or here! Glad to see it appearing once again. I definitely can’t justify imprint’s pricing for it, but hopefully it’s a sign that one of the Hong Kong or U.S. labels puts it out.
The following users liked this post:
milo bloom (03-28-24)
Old 04-26-24, 09:45 AM

Received 4,585 Likes on 3,104 Posts

Head back to the 90’s in July! ⚡
Eleven films across five new Limited Edition releases, all now available for pre-order at imprintfilms.com.au
1500 copies only.
======
FILM FOCUS: HARVEY KEITEL
With a career spanning almost sixty years, Hollywood's favourite tough guy Harvey Keitel is one of the most beloved and iconic actors of all time.
These six classic 90’s films celebrate his remarkable career and feature performances from Madonna, Elisabeth Moss, John Wood, Kate Winslet, Iain Glen, James Russo, Kelly Lynch, and John Turturro.
Limited Edition 6-Disc Hardbox packed with brand NEW Special Features including Audio Commentaries and Interviews, plus an exclusive booklet.
• Bad Lieutenant (1992)
• The Young Americans (1993)
• Dangerous Game (1993)
• Imaginary Crimes (1994)
• Clockers (1995)
• Holy Smoke (1999)
======
SMOKE / BLUE IN THE FACE (1995)
Harvey Keitel stars as Augustus "Auggie" Wren, a Brooklyn Cigar Store manager, in the hilarious independent comedy ‘Smoke’, plus its sequel ‘Blue in the Face’.
Limited Edition 2-Disc Hardbox, packed with NEW Special Features including Interviews and a Location Featurette.
A smash hit success and instant cult classic when it was released in 1995, ‘Smoke’ features an incredible ensemble cast of 90s megastars including William Hurt, Stockard Channing, Giancarlo Esposito, Ashley Judd, and Forest Whitaker.
The popularity of ‘Smoke’ led to instant sequel ‘Blue In The Face’, seeing Harvey Keitel return to his iconic role alongside Michael J. Fox, Roseanne Barr, Lou Reed, Mira Sorvino, Lily Tomlin, RuPaul, Jim Jarmusch and Madonna.
======
MEN OF RESPECT (1990)
Worldwide first on Blu-ray!
William Shakespeare's Macbeth receives the mobster treatment in this 1990 crime drama, starring John Turturro (The Big Lebowski) as a Mafia hitman killing his way to the top.
With stellar supporting performances from legendary actors Rod Steiger, Stanley Tucci, Dennis Farina and Peter Boyle, this bloodthirsty adaptation delivers a gripping blend of Shakespearean tragedy and gritty underworld intrigue.
======
8MM (1999)
8mm is the box office smash that stars Nicolas Cage as a private investigator who falls deep into the world of snuff films.
Directed by Joel Schumacher (The Lost Boys), and written by Andrew Kevin Walker (Seven), this crime thriller also stars Joaquin Phoenix and James Gandolfini.
======
THE JUROR (1996)
Demi Moore and Alec Baldwin light up the screen in this thrilling crime drama from the Academy Award winning screenwriter of ‘The Silence of the Lambs’, Ted Tally.
Based on the novel by George Dawes Green, the star-studded cast also includes James Gandolfini, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, and Lindsay Crouse.
Struggling single mother Annie Laird's assignment to jury duty becomes a nightmarish ordeal when an obsessive hitman is charged with ‘motivating’ Annie to break the law… or killing her if she doesn’t.
======