Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

The Official Arrow Films 4K/Blu-ray Discussion and Release Thread

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

The Official Arrow Films 4K/Blu-ray Discussion and Release Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-12, 07:58 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: The Official Arrow Blu-ray Thread

Originally Posted by Lastdaysofrain
I haven't seen one. I did watch my sets this weekend. I have to say that outside of the discs, the movies themselves really didn't hold up very well. I remember liking them when I first saw them on video in the late 80s (thanks to endless Fangoria articles and photos) but now, aside from a few genuinely terrifying images and scenes, and some cool looking shots, it's your basic nonsensical euro nonsense.
If your wanting to dump them... ahem.
Old 07-13-12, 12:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm thinking about it. Once I get through all the extras. I have the Steelbook two disc set, I may get rid of it. I don't know if I'll really rewatch them.
Old 07-13-12, 11:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Lastdaysofrain
I'm thinking about it. Once I get through all the extras. I have the Steelbook two disc set, I may get rid of it. I don't know if I'll really rewatch them.
rock on! LMK - [email protected]
Old 07-18-12, 09:09 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Lady Snowblood double feature:

- Newly translated optional English subtitles
- Original Mono Audio (uncompressed PCM on the Blu-ray)
- Slicing Through the Snow – An exclusive interview with Japanese cinema expert Jasper Sharp
- Original theatrical trailers for both films
- Collector’s booklet ‘The Crimson Kimono’ by critic and author Tom Mes, illustrated with original stills.
- Reversible sleeve featuring original artwork
Old 09-14-12, 12:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 361 Likes on 304 Posts

Posted on Arrow's FB Page today:

Spoiler:
Old 09-14-12, 12:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Too bad the blu ray is region B, otherwise I would of picked it up.
Old 09-14-12, 10:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I have both of the Animego DVDs already, but I'm just waiting for reviews on the disc before plopping my money down.
Old 09-18-12, 10:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Pictures of the Lady Snowblood Steelbook!

(Taken from Arrow Film's FB Page)

Spoiler:

Old 09-18-12, 10:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

First review of Lady Snowblood (BD):

http://cinemart-online.co.uk/2012/09...lu-ray-review/
Old 11-26-12, 02:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Not really a review, but DVDBeaver posted screenshots of the upcoming Zombi 2/Zombie Flesh Eaters disc:

http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film/dvdcompare3/zombie.htm

Pictures of the Steelbook:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Old 11-29-12, 11:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Damn. I don't want to re-buy this yet again, but those caps are pretty stellar.
Old 11-30-12, 01:51 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just saw on Twitter that Arrow is having a sale on all of their Academy titles and many others too. Most of the Italian horror blu-rays are £7.99 each (or $12.80).
http://www.arrowfilms.co.uk/index.php?category_id=20

I'm going to order some blus that I've been meaning to get for a while (Spirits of the Dead, The Beyond, Deep Red). How is Arrow's shipping to the US?
Old 11-30-12, 11:00 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

^^
I haven't had any complaints. I just ordered the Academy versions of Ashes And Diamonds and Rififi.
Old 12-20-12, 10:17 AM
Cool New Member

I have a large order in to ship to the United States. I know Arrow changed their distribution vendor, but I've emailed them twice as to the status of my order placed on 12/1 and have not received a response. I'm tempted to dispute the charge on my credit card. Has anyone had any issues like this lately?
Old 12-20-12, 07:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Ghostface180
I just saw on Twitter that Arrow is having a sale on all of their Academy titles and many others too. Most of the Italian horror blu-rays are £7.99 each (or $12.80).
http://www.arrowfilms.co.uk/index.php?category_id=20

I'm going to order some blus that I've been meaning to get for a while (Spirits of the Dead, The Beyond, Deep Red). How is Arrow's shipping to the US?
I ordered from Arrow back in in May. I got 2 blus shipped out to California in a week so I would say it's good
Old 01-24-13, 12:59 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Surprised this hasn't been updated yet with all the new Arrow announcements earlier today, courtesy of Blu-Ray.com:

Knightriders (George Romero)
Spoiler:

- Audio commentary with George Romero, Tom Savini, John Amplas and Christine Romero
- The Genesis of a Legend – Star Ed Harris remembers his first leading role
- A Date with Destiny – Co-star Tom Savini reflects on Knightriders
- Medieval Maiden – An interview with actress Patricia Tallman
- Theatrical Trailer
- TV Spots
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Nat Marsh
- Collector's booklet featuring new writing on the film by author and critic Brad Stevens, an archival interview with Romero and a new interview with composer Donald Rubinstein, illustrated with original archive stills and posters

Baron Blood (Mario Bava)
Spoiler:

- High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard Definition DVD presentation of three versions of the film: Gli orrori del castello di Norimberga with Italian opening and closing titles and Baron Blood with English opening and closing titles and the European English export version audio, and for the first time on home video, the AIP version with alternate score by Les Baxter
- Three audio versions: Optional Italian, European English and AIP English re-dub and re-score
- English SDH subtitles and a new English subtitle translation of the Italian audio
- Audio Commentary with Bava biographer and expert Tim Lucas
- Introduction to Baron Blood by author and critic Alan Jones
- Trailers for Baron Blood
- Baron Blood Radio Spots
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Graham Humphreys
- Collector's booklet featuring new writing on the films by Oliver James and Pasquale Iannone, illustrated with original archive stills and posters

Black Sabbath (Mario Bava)
Spoiler:

- High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard Definition DVD presentation of two versions of the film; 'I tre volti della paura' – the European version with score by Roberto Nicolosi & 'Black Sabbath' – the re-edited and re-dubbed AIP version with Les Baxter score, on home video for the first time
- English SDH subtitles for English Audio and a new English subtitle translation of the Italian audio
- Audio Commentary with Bava biographer and expert Tim Lucas
- Introduction to the film by author and critic Alan Jones
- A Life In Film – An Interview with star Mark Damon
- Three Faces of Black Sabbath – A comparison of the different versions of the film
- International Trailer
- US Trailer
- Italian Trailer
- TV and Radio Spots
- Collector's booklet featuring new writing on the film by critic David Cairns and a substantial interview with AIP Producer Samuel Z. Arkoff on his experiences of working with Bava, conducted by Tim Lucas, illustrated with original stills and posters

Motel Hell (Kevin Connor)
Spoiler:

- Audio commentary with director Kevin Connor moderated by Calum Waddell
- Another Head on the Chopping Block: Interview with star Paul Linke
- From Glamour to Gore: Interview with co-star, and former Playboy Playmate, Rosanne Katon
- Ida, Be Thy Name: A look back at Motel Hell's frightful female protagonist Ida Smith – and the secrets of creating a convincing slasher siren, with Scream Queens Elissa Dowling and Chantelle Albers, genre commentator Staci Layne Wilson and critic Shelagh Rowan-Legg
- Back to the Backwoods: Director Dave Parker (The Hills Run Red) speaks about the importance of Motel Hell
- Original Trailer
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Jeff Zornow
- Collector's booklet featuring new writing on the film by Kim Newman, illustrated with original archive stills and posters

The Key (Tinto Brass)
Spoiler:

- Optional English and Italian audio
- Newly translated English subtitles for the Italian audio
- Original Trailer
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly illustrated artwork by The Red Dress
- Collector's booklet featuring new writing on the film by Tinto Brass scholar Alexander Tuschinski, illustrated with rare production stills

All Ladies Do It (Tinto Brass)
(NSFW)
Spoiler:

- Optional English and Italian audio
- Newly translated English subtitles for the Italian audio
- Featurette on the film with director Tinto Brass
- Original Trailer
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly illustrated artwork by The Red Dress
- Collector's booklet featuring new writing on the film by critic David Flint, illustrated with rare production stills

Blow Out (Brian De Palma)
Spoiler:

- Black and White in Colour: An Interview with cinematographer Vilmos Zsigmond
- Rag Doll Memories: Nancy Allen on Blow Out
- Return to Philadelphia: An interview with Producer George Litto
- A gallery of on-set photos by photographer Louis Goldman
- Original Theatrical Trailer
- Collector's booklet featuring new writing on the film by Michael Atkinson, a conversation between Quentin Tarantino and Brian De Palma and more to be confirmed!

Spider Baby (Jack Hill)
- High Definition transfer of the feature approved by director Jack Hill
- Isolated Music and Effects track
- Audio commentary featuring Jack Hill and star Sid Haig
- The Hatching of Spider Baby – Interviews with Jack Hill, Sid Haig, star Mary Mitchel, fan Joe Dante and more on the making of the film
- Spider Stravinsky: The Cinema Sounds of Ronald Stein – The composer of 'The Terror' and 'Attack of the 50 Foot Woman' among others is remembered by Harlene Stein, Jack Hill, American Cinematheque's Chris D. and others
- The Merrye House Revisited – Jack Hill revisits the original house that was used as the main location in the film
- Alternate opening title sequence
- Extended scene
- Gallery of behind-the-scenes images
- The Host (1960) – Jack Hill's early short film featuring Sid Haig in his first starring role [30 mins]
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Graham Humpreys
- Collector's booklet featuring new writing on the film by artist and writer Stephen R. Bissette, and more to be confirmed!

Foxy Brown (Jack Hill)
Spoiler:

- Audio commentary with director Jack Hill
- From Black and White to Blaxploitation – Actor Sid Haig speaks about his long and influential friendship with Jack Hill
- A Not So Minor Influence – An Interview with Bob Minor, the first African-American member of the Stuntman's Association, and co-star of Foxy Brown*
- Back to Black – Legendary actors Fred "The Hammer" Williamson (Black Caesar) and Austin Stoker (Sheba Baby, Assault on Precinct 13), alongside Rosanne Katon (Ebony, Ivory, and Jade) and film scholar Howard S. Berger speak about the enduring popularity of the Blaxploitation film
- Photo gallery of behind-the-scenes and publicity images
- Original Theatrical Trailer
- Trailer Reel – Trailers for all the major works by Jack Hill including Foxy Brown, Coffy and Switchblade Sisters
- Collector's booklet featuring new writing on the film by Josiah Howard, author of Blaxploitation Cinema: The Essential Reference Guide, a new interview with Pam Grier by Jack Hill biographer Calum Waddell, illustrated with original archive stills and posters

And in case you couldn't gather from the pics, Blow Out and Foxy Brown will both be available as steelbooks.
Old 01-24-13, 02:17 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

For a moment I thought Arrow disappeared but it's nice to see they've been working. Any word on region locks?
Old 01-24-13, 11:14 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

All are apparently region B-locked.
Old 01-25-13, 01:22 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 899 Likes on 723 Posts

MOTEL HELL and FOXY BROWN? Wow, Blu-Ray is really coming of age when such classic Bs as these are given releases. I'm tempted to say I'll import these for sure, BUT, I've been so disappointed with catalog product quality in 1080p lately that I'll be stuck waiting for PQ reviews before I put down my hard-earned cash. I hope Arrow has good masters and will not muddy them by applying needless DNR, EE, or other such nonsense!
Old 01-25-13, 06:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm really excited about those, but I haven't bought an Arrow BD in a really long time.

I know it's old hat, but I'm still always on the fence about their BD releases.
Old 01-25-13, 08:56 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Knight rider!
Old 01-26-13, 12:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Oooohhhh, those covers...

In for Foxy Brown, Knightriders, Motel Hell, and Spider Baby.
Old 04-27-13, 03:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Summer announcements were made yesterday:

The Car (7/15)

Audio commentary with director Elliot Silverstein moderated by Calum Waddell
Making a Mechanical Monster: Special Effects Artist William Alridge Remembers The Car
Hitchhike the Hell: Actor John Rubinstein recalls becoming a victim of The Car
Original Trailer
Easter Egg
Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Joe Wilson
Collector's booklet featuring new writing on the film by Cullen Gallagher as well as a brand new interview with co-writer Michael Butler conducted by Calum Waddell, illustrated with original archive stills and artwork

Runaway Train (7/22)

High Definition transfer of the film prepared by MGM for the Cannes Film Festival premiere
High Definition Blu-ray and Standard Definition DVD presentation of the film
Optional English SDH Subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
From Thespian to Fugitive – Star Jon Voight shares his memories of his Academy Award-nominated role
Running on Empty – An Interview with director Andrei Konchalovsky
The Calm Before the Chaos – Co-star Kyle T. Heffner remembers Runaway Train
Booklet featuring new writing on the film and a new interview with Runaway Train's Production Designer Stephen Marsh conducted by Calum Waddell, illustrated with rare behind-the-scenes production images

Dressed to Kill (7/29)

High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation of the feature
Optional original uncompressed Mono 2.0 Audio and DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 Surround Sound
Optional English SDH subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
Symphony of Fear: Producer George Litto discusses his working relationship with Brian De Palma
Dressed in White: Star Angie Dickinson on her role in the film
Dressed in Purple: Star Nancy Allen discusses her role in the film
Lessons in Filmmaking: Actor Keith Gordon discusses Dressed to Kill
The Making of a Thriller – A documentary on the making of Dressed to Kill featuring writer-director Brian De Palma, George Litto, stars Angie Dickinson, Nancy Allen, Dennis Franz and more!
Unrated, R-Rated, and TV-Rated Comparison Featurette
Slashing Dressed to Kill – Brian De Palma and stars Nancy Allen and Keith Gordon discuss the changes that had to be made to avoid an X-rating
Original Theatrical Gallery
Reversible sleeve with original and newly commissioned artwork by Nathanel Marsh
Collector's booklet featuring new writing on the film by critic and author Maitland McDonagh, illustrated with original archive stills and promotional material

Deranged (8/12)

High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard Definition DVD presentation of the unrated version, featuring the infamous 'brain-scooping scene', available uncut in the UK for the first time!
Audio commentary with special effects artist Tom Savini
Introduction to the film by Savini
A Blossoming Brilliance: Scott Spiegel (Intruder, Evil Dead II) speaks about Deranged star Roberts Blossom and the lasting legacy of this gore-soaked gem
Ed Gein: From Murder to Movies - Laurence R. Harvey (The Human Centipide II) discusses the lurid legacy of the Wisconsin serial killer and the secrets of portraying a cinematic psychopath
Original Trailer
Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Nat Marsh
Collector's booklet featuring new writing on the film by Stephen Thrower, author of Nightmare USA, and an archive interview with producer Bob Clark by Calum Waddell, illustrated with original archive stills and posters
And more to be announced!

Time Bandits (8/19)

Brand new 2k-resolution restoration of the film from the original camera negative, approved by director and co-writer Terry Gilliam
Original uncompressed PCM Stereo 2.0 and 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio options
Chasing Time Bandits: A new interview with Terry Gilliam
Writing the Film that Dares Not Speak its Name: A new interview in which Michael Palin discusses co-writing and acting in Time Bandits
The Effects of Time Bandits: A new interview in which Kent Houston, founder of the Peerless Camera Company, discusses Time Bandits' optical effects
Playing Evil: A new featurette in which actor David Warner remembers producer George Harrison and playing Evil in Time Bandits
The Costumes of Time Bandits: A new interview with costume designer James Acheson
The Look of Time Bandits: A new interview with production designer Milly Burns
From Script to Screen – A new animated featurette in which Milly Burns takes us through her production notebooks, locations photographs and storyboards revealing how twentieth century Morocco was transformed into Ancient Greece
Original Trailer
Restoration Demonstration
Collector's booklet featuring new writing on the film by critic James Oliver

The Fall of the House of Usher (8/26)

High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation
Audio commentary with director and producer Roger Corman
Legend to Legend: Director and former Corman apprentice Joe Dante reflects on the iconic Poe cycle
Through the Pale Door: A Specially-commissioned video essay by critic and filmmaker David Cairns examining Corman's film in relation to Poe's story
Archival interview with Vincent Price
Original Trailer
Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Graham Humphreys
Collector's booklet featuring new writing on the film by author and critic Tim Lucas and an extract from Vincent Price's long out of print autobiography, illustrated with original archive stills and posters
More to be announced!

Squirm (9/16)

High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard Definition DVD uncut presentation, available in the UK for the first time!
Original Uncompressed Mono Audio
Audio commentary with director Jeff Lieberman
Filmed Live Q&A session with Lieberman and star Don Scardino from New York's Anthology Film Archives (2011)
Interview with Kim Newman
Original Trailer
Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Gary Pullin
Collector's booklet featuring new writing on the film by Lee Gambin, author of Massacred by Mother Nature and an interview with Jeff Lieberman by Calum Waddell, illustrated with original archive stills and posters
More to be announced!

The Last American Virgin (9/23)

High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard Definition DVD presentation of the film, available in the UK for the first time!
Original uncompressed PCM Stereo soundtrack on the Blu-ray
Optional Isolated Music & Effects track
Brand new interview with director Boaz Davidson
Brand new interviews with stars Lawrence Monoson and Diane Franklin
Brand new interview with cinematographer Adam Greenberg
Original Trailer
Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by The Red Dress
Collector's booklet featuring new writing on the film by critic and publisher Robin Bougie and an interview with The Last American Virgin super fan Eli Roth conducted by Calum Waddell, illustrated with original archive stills and posters

Lifeforce (9/30)

High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation of both the Theatrical and Director's Cuts
New audio commentary with director Tobe Hooper
New audio commentary with make-up effects artist Nick Maley
Cannon Fodder: The Making of Lifeforce - An epic UK-exclusive look at the genesis, production and release of Lifeforce featuring interviews with Hooper, producer Michael J. Kagan, editor John Grover, actors Aubrey Morris and Nicholas Ball, makeup artist Sandra Exelby, screenwriter Michael Armstrong, sound designer Vernon Messenger, artistic designers Tom Adams and Douglas Smith and effects artist John Schoonraad.
New Cast & Crew Retrospective with star Steve Railsback, Hooper, Mathilda May and more!
Original Theatrical Trailer
TV Spot
Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Gary Pullin
Collector's booklet featuring new writing on the film, a new interview with Oscar-winning visual effects artist John Dykstra by Calum Waddell, illustrated with original archive stills and posters
More to be announced

The Blu-ray.com link has pictures of the reversible coverart/steelbook art for Usher, The Car, Lifeforce, Time Bandits, Train and Virgin
Old 04-27-13, 04:27 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 899 Likes on 723 Posts

They will all be mine! THE CAR and SQUIRM will be the gems and most wonderful for me to add to my collection in 1080p. Importing them will be a pain, but my player is region-free hacked... Hoping for no DNR, but am skeptical.

Surprised that LIFEFORCE has been pushed back all the way to 9/30. I hope it gets released, as it will make for a spectacular high-definition presentation.
Old 10-25-13, 03:12 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 40 Likes on 24 Posts

Upcoming Arrow Video Releases
Posted October 24, 2013 04:49 PM by Webmaster

The People Under the Stairs
British distributors Arrow Video have officially announced and detailed their upcoming Blu-ray release of director Wes Craven's The People Under the Stairs (1991), starring Brandon Quintin Adams, Everett McGill, and Wendy Robie. The release will be available for purchase online and in shops across the United Kingdom on November 4th.

When thirteen-year-old ghetto boy Fool (Adams) joins two burglars in the robbery of a neighbourhood house, he soon wishes he'd left well alone. The duo of thieves are soon dead, and Fool discovers that the house's owners (McGill and Robie) are a pair of murderous psychopaths who keep their abused stepdaughter Alice (A.J. Langer) a prisoner. Horrormeister Wes Craven provides the script and directs.

Special Features:

High Definition digital transfer of the film by Universal Pictures
Original uncompressed Stereo 2.0 audio
Audio commentary with star Brandon Quintin Adams, moderated by Calum Waddell
Fear, Freud and Class Warfare: Director Wes Craven Discusses the Timely Terrors of The People Under the Stairs
Behind Closed Doors: Leading Lady A.J. Langer Remembers The People Under the Stairs
Silent But Deadly: Co-Star Sean Whalen on The People Under the Stairs
Underneath the Floorboards: Jeffrey Reddick, creator of the Final Destination series, recalls the lasting impact of The People Under the Stairs
Original Trailer
Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Stephen R. Bissette
Collectors booklet featuring new writing on the film, illustrated with original archive stills

Blind Woman's Curse
Coming to Blu-ray on March 17.

From Teruo Ishii "The King of Cult", Blind Woman's Curse (also known as Black Cat's Revenge) is a thrilling Yakuza film featuring eye-popping visuals, thrilling samurai fight sequences and the gorgeous Meiko Kaji (Lady Snowblood, Stray Cat Rock), in her first major role.

Akemi (Kaji) is a dragon tattooed leader of the Tachibana Yakuza clan. In a duel with a rival gang Akemi slashes the eyes of an opponent and a black cat appears, to lap the blood from the gushing wound. The cat along with the eye-victim go on to pursue Akemi's gang in revenge, leaving a trail of dead Yakuza girls, their dragon tattoos skinned from their bodies.

A bizarre blend of the female Yakuza film and traditional Japanese ghost story, with a strong dash of grotesque-erotica (the same movement was a sensibility of Edogawa Rampo whose works were adapted by Ishii in Horrors of Malformed Men), Blind Woman's Curse is a delirious mash-up of classic genre tropes, to which Ishii was no stranger having directed everything from Super Giant films to Biker movies.

Special Features:

New high definition digital transfer
Newly commissioned artwork
Collector's booklet
More to be announced!

White of the Eye
Coming to Blu-ray on March 24.

A serial killer is on the loose in and around the small community of Globe, Arizona, and housewife Joan White (Cathy Moriarty) gradually comes to suspect that her opera-loving hi-fi engineer husband Paul (David Keith) might know more than he's letting on...

So far so familiar, but in the hands of British visionary Donald Cammell (who wrote and co-directed Performance with Nicolas Roeg), the film becomes a dazzling kaleidoscope of images and ideas, spanning everything from Apache folklore, desert landscapes and stylish murder set-pieces that recall Dario Argento to a painfully vivid dissection of the emotional fissures undermining a modern marriage. It's all set to an equally eclectic score co-written by Pink Floyd's Nick Mason.

Described by the distinguished critic David Thomson as "one of the great secret works in cinema", White of the Eye is one of the most bizarre and unforgettable thrillers ever made.

Special Features:

Collector's booklet
More to be announced!

The Stuff
Coming to Blu-ray in early 2014

The Stuff is the new dessert taking supermarket shelves by storm. It's delicious, low in calories and – better still – doesn't stain the family carpet… What's not to like?! Well, for a start it has a life of its own, and we're not talking friendly live bacteria…

Young Jason seems to be the only one who doesn't love The Stuff – in fact he won't go anywhere near it, after having seen the pudding crawling around the fridge one night. What's more, everyone who eats The Stuff has started acting really weird... Now, teaming up with wise-cracking industrial saboteur "Mo", Jason must put a stop to The Stuff and the organisation behind it or face a gooey, gloopy demise.

Coming courtesy of horror auteur Larry Cohen (director of the It's Alive series and scribe behind the Maniac Cop trilogy), The Stuff is a titillating treat for the taste-buds which blends elements of films such as Street Trash with the straight-up B-movie flavour of The Blob. So grab a spoon and dig on into The Stuff – the taste that delivers… much more than you bargained for.

Special Features:

Collector's booklet
More to be announced!

The Killers
Coming to Blu-ray on February 24.

"I gotta find out what makes a man decide not to run. Why all of a sudden he'd rather die."

So muses hitman Charlie (Lee Marvin) after his high-priced victim Johnny North (John Cassavetes) gives in without a fight. Obsessed with the answer, Charlie and his hot-headed associate Lee (Clu Gulager) track down Johnny's associates, and uncover a complex web of crime and deceit involving his femme fatale girlfriend Sheila (Angie Dickinson) and ruthless mob boss Jack Browning (Ronald Reagan in his last screen role).

Loosely inspired by the Ernest Hemingway story, and directed by Don Siegel (whose many other taut, efficient thrillers include Dirty Harry and the original Invasion of the Body Snatchers), The Killers was commissioned as the very first 'TV movie', but was given a cinema release because of its violence - although a cast like that really belonged on the big screen in the first place.

Special Features:

Collector's booklet
More to be announced!

Kidnapped
Coming to Blu-ray on February 24.

Following difficulties in his career Mario Bava happened across an idea that would enable him to compete with the younger directors lighting up the Italian box office such as Dario Argento and Sergio Martino.

Rabid Dogs begins as $70,000 of wages are being transferred when the Ajaccio gang hit. With a hail of bullets in a quick raid they speed off in their waiting getaway car. Tough, violent and realistic, Bava's film ramps up the tension and doesn't stop as hostages are added and the film builds to its dizzying finale.

Unfolding in real time, a rare device seen only in earlier films such as High Noon and 12 Angry Men yet totally unheard of in Italian cinema at the time, Rabid Dogs is a singular film in Bava's filmography and one of the greatest crime films of the period.

Special Features:

High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard Definition DVD presentation of two versions of the film; 'Rabid Dogs' – Bava's original version posthumously completed from his notes & 'Kidnapped' – the re-edited, re-dubbed and re-scored version, supervised by Bava's son and assistant Lamberto Bava and producer Alfredo Leone
Optional English SDH subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing on both versions
Audio Commentary with Bava biographer and expert Tim Lucas
End of the Road: The Making of Rabid Dogs – A documentary featurette including interviews with Lamberto Bava, Alfredo Leone and star Lea Lander
Original Trailer
Collector's booklet featuring new writing on the film by Stephen Thrower, a history of the multiple versions of the film from Semaforo Rosso to Rabid Dogs to Kidnapped by Peter Blumenstock, illustrated with original stills and posters
Much more to be announced!

Sullivan's Travels
Coming to Blu-ray on March 17.

Director John L. Sullivan (Joel McCrea) is one of Hollywood's hottest talents, with an uncanny gift for getting audiences rolling in the aisles. But he's dissatisfied: he wants to abandon comedy for Serious Statements, and buys the rights to celebrated social-realist novel 'O Brother, Where Art Thou?'

To make his masterpiece as realistic as possible, Sullivan naturally has to understand how the book's downtrodden characters must have felt, so he takes to the road as a hobo, is taken under the wing of a failed actress (Veronica Lake), and learns several valuable home truths about the importance of not patronising his audience.

Writer-director Preston Sturges had an inspired run in the 1940s, turning out some of the funniest American comedies ever made (The Lady Eve, The Palm Beach Story, The Miracle of Morgan's Creek). Sullivan's Travels is one of his best: not just hilarious but also truly wise.

Special Features:

Collector's booklet
More to be announced!

Pit Stop
Coming to Blu-ray on March 31.

The most dangerous game ever devised, to pit man against man, flesh against steel – the figure-8 race! Jack Hill (Coffy, Foxy Brown) follows up Spider Baby, once again teaming up with Sid Haig (House of 1000 Corpses) in one of his greatest roles for this action-spectacular crash-o-rama!

Richard Davalos (East of Eden) stars as Rick Bowman, a street punk who winds up in jail after a street race goes wrong. Bailed out by race promoter Grant Willard, Davalos is put in the deadly track where he comes up against Haig's maniacal winner Hawk Sidney. Featuring an outstanding supporting cast including Brian Donlevy (The Quatermass Xperiment) in his last film appearance, Ellen Burstyn, billed as Ellen McRae (The Exorcist) and Beverly Washburn (Spider Baby) Pit Stop is one of Hill's lesser known films but arguably his greatest.

Filmed on a real figure-8 track, Hill and his crew were able to capture gripping real-life car wreck scenes lending the film a brilliant sense of realism. You've never seen a motion picture like this before – can you take it?

Special Features:

Collector's booklet
More to be announced!

Hellgate
Coming to Blu-ray on January 27.

Legends abound of 'The Hellgate Hitchhiker'. So the story goes, a beautiful young woman was once brutally defiled and murdered by a biker gang. Now, returned from the dead, she wanders the roadside luring unsuspecting motorists to their doom…

Refusing to heed the warnings of locals, a group of college friends set out on a cross-country road trip looking for fun and frolics. But they get much more than they bargained for when they wind up in the abandoned mining town of Hellgate and hemmed in by hordes of the undead!

Providing gore and gags in equal measure, Hellgate recalls the good old days of early 90s fright flicks and challenges other gleefully twisted flicks such as Re-animator and Return of the Living Dead for sheer grisly delirium!

Special Features:

High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard Definition DVD presentation of the main feature
Road to Perdition, B-Movie Style: An extensive interview with Hellgate director William A. Levey
Alien Invasion, Blaxploitation and Ghost-Busting Mayhem: Scholar, Filmmaker and fan Howard S. Berger reflects on the intriguing film career of William A. Levey
Video Nasty: Kenneth Hall, writer of the Puppet Master series, speaks about the direct-to-video horror boom that allowed Hellgate to become a classic of the cassette rental era
Reversible sleeve with original and newly commissioned artwork by Graham Humphreys
Collector's booklet featuring writing on the film by Lee Gambin, illustrated with original artwork and stills

Phantom of the Paradise
Coming to Blu-ray on February 17.

Brian De Palma's inspired rock'n'roll fusion of Faust, The Phantom of the Opera and The Picture of Dorian Gray boasts an Oscar-nominated score by Paul Williams, who also stars as an evil record producer who not only steals the work of composer/performer Winslow Leach (William Finley) but gets him locked up in Sing Sing - and that's not the worst that happens to him along the way.

Few revenge scenarios have ever been so amply justified, but the film is also constantly aware of the satirical possibilities offered by the 1970s music industry, exemplified by Gerrit Graham's hilariously camp glam-rock star. Jessica Harper (Suspiria) appears in her first major role as the naïve but ambitious singer, on whom Winslow secretly dotes.

Prodigiously inventive both musically and visually, this is one of De Palma's most entertaining romps, not least because it was so clearly a labour of love.

Special Features:

Collector's booklet
More to be announced!

Frivolous Lola

One of the sunniest of Tinto Brass's erotic comedies, this sets its breezy tone from the opening scene in which Lola (Anna Ammirati) cycles around a small Po Valley town in a flapping skirt that leaves nothing to the imagination.

But it's the 1950s, and her baker fiancée Masetto (Max Parodi) is determined that Lola remains a virgin until their wedding night. However, she is equally set on establishing whether or not he's a good lover before they tie the knot. His dough-kneading technique seems promising, but how can she be sure without an expert to compare him with? In short, can Masetto live up to the erotic ideals professed by Lola's mother's lover (Patrick Mower)?

Fortunately, the outwardly innocent town turns out to be a hotbed of licentiousness, with opportunities for voyeurism and maybe more around every corner - all in the interests of self-improving research, of course.

Special Features:

Collector's booklet
More to be announced!

Cheeky

Coming to Blu-ray on February 10. When free-spirited beauty Carla (Yuliya Mayarchuk) moves to London, her search for a flat leads to a lesbian seduction by estate agent Moira (Francesca Nunzi), much to the horror of Carla's boyfriend Matteo (Jarno Berardi) still stuck in their native Venice. And then he discovers a cache of letters from an ex-boyfriend, accompanied by a highly revealing and very public photograph of her...

Ravishingly shot in two of the world's great cities, bouncily scored by Pino Donaggio, and crammed with wall-to-wall nudity and casual sexual flings, Cheeky is as lighthearted as its title suggests, but it's subtler and more philosophical than the average sex romp.

In particular, it's a genuinely moving look at problems arising when a desire to remain scrupulously faithful collides with the lure of baser instincts. Carla genuinely loves Matteo, but how can she reassure him when he spots temptation around every corner?

Special Features:

Collector's booklet
More to be announced!

Hell Comes to Frogtown
Coming to Blu-ray on January 27.

With the 20th Century drawing to a close, nuclear war has wiped out civilization as we know it. The embattled human race's last remaining hope lies with one man and his loaded weapon.

Sam Hell may be an ex-con, but he also happens to be one of the last surviving fertile men on the planet. Now, under the custody of a group of feisty female fighters, Sam finds himself enlisted on a mission to impregnate a harem of beauties. Sounds cushy enough, but the ladies in question are prisoners of Frogtown – home to a gang of mutant (and ill-mannered) amphibians

Starring wrestler-turned-actor Rowdy Roddy Piper, known to John Carpenter enthusiasts for his body-slamming and bubblegum-chewing antics in They Live, Hell Comes to Frogtown is unashamedly a B-movie through and through with more guns and girls than you can shake a frog's leg at.

Special Features:

High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard Definition DVD presentation
Grappling with Green Gargantuans: Wrestling icon "Rowdy" Roddy Piper speaks about his leading man turn in Hell Comes to Frogtown
Amphibian Armageddon: Actor Brian Frank remembers his role as Commander Toty
Creature Feature Creator: Effects wizard Steve Wang reveals the secrets behind Hell Comes to Frogtown's mutant manifestations
Reversible sleeve with original and newly commissioned artwork by Jeff Zornow
Original Trailer
Collector's booklet featuring new writing on the film by author and critic Calum Waddell

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.