HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

X-Files Collector's Box Set - 12/8/15

Old 10-08-15, 12:50 PM
  #51  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 575
Re: X-Files Collector's Box Set - 12/8/15

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger View Post
$150 is a great price for all nine seasons and is priced decently enough that holiday sales should be big.
I've never ordered from Fox Connect before.

With pre-orders do they charge at the time it is ordered or when it ships?

Also, if they lower the price between now and then will they lower my cost like the Amazon pre-order price guarantee?
wahlers is offline  
Old 10-08-15, 12:53 PM
  #52  
DVD Talk Legend
 
hdnmickey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Cygnus
Posts: 12,524
Re: X-Files Collector's Box Set - 12/8/15

Originally Posted by wahlers View Post
I've never ordered from Fox Connect before.

With pre-orders do they charge at the time it is ordered or when it ships?

Also, if they lower the price between now and then will they lower my cost like the Amazon pre-order price guarantee?
When it ships and no lower price system like Amazon. You pay what the price it was when you ordered.
hdnmickey is offline  
Old 10-08-15, 01:03 PM
  #53  
DVD Talk Legend
 
hdnmickey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Cygnus
Posts: 12,524
Re: X-Files Collector's Box Set - 12/8/15

If this gets near $100 I'll definitely pick this up eventually if it retain all the extras and the re-framing look OK.

Having seen the individual regular size keep cases, anybody else think the outer box looks overly large? Maybe there is going to be a bunch of non-disc extras included as well.
hdnmickey is offline  
Old 10-08-15, 01:08 PM
  #54  
DVD Talk Hero
 
davidh777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Home of 2013 NFL champion Seahawks
Posts: 41,361
Re: X-Files Collector's Box Set - 12/8/15

Originally Posted by hdnmickey View Post
Having seen the individual regular size keep cases, anybody else think the outer box looks overly large? Maybe there is going to be a bunch of non-disc extras included as well.
It struck me that way too.

I do like the tidiness of having each season in a single case.
davidh777 is online now  
Old 10-08-15, 01:12 PM
  #55  
DVD Talk Godfather
 
DJariya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: La Palma, CA
Posts: 55,371
Re: X-Files Collector's Box Set - 12/8/15

Originally Posted by hdnmickey View Post
If this gets near $100 I'll definitely pick this up eventually if it retain all the extras and the re-framing look OK.

Having seen the individual regular size keep cases, anybody else think the outer box looks overly large? Maybe there is going to be a bunch of non-disc extras included as well.
If you read the link with the press release on the previous page, it looks like they are porting over all the DVD extras.
DJariya is online now  
Old 10-08-15, 01:35 PM
  #56  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Mike86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 18,248
Re: X-Files Collector's Box Set - 12/8/15

Shit only $150 for the complete series? I think I'll jump on that deal. I never had the DVDs so the purchase is easier for me to justify.
Mike86 is online now  
Old 10-08-15, 01:41 PM
  #57  
Dan
DVD Talk Legend
 
Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: \_(ツ)_/
Posts: 19,976
Re: X-Files Collector's Box Set - 12/8/15

Originally Posted by Osiris3657 View Post
Pic of the discs
- I read that wrong
- I'm disappointed
Dan is offline  
Old 10-08-15, 02:32 PM
  #58  
DVD Talk Legend
 
hdnmickey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Cygnus
Posts: 12,524
Re: X-Files Collector's Box Set - 12/8/15

Originally Posted by DJariya View Post
If you read the link with the press release on the previous page, it looks like they are porting over all the DVD extras.
Do you mean the one where the third comment notes all the missing extras per season?

Even if it listed every feature 100% matching the first DVD sets, I would still hold out until the sets hit stores. I've been burned far too often to trust these press releases when it comes to lists of extras.

Last edited by hdnmickey; 10-08-15 at 03:11 PM.
hdnmickey is offline  
Old 10-08-15, 02:36 PM
  #59  
DVD Talk Hero
 
slop101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: So. Cal.
Posts: 39,631
Re: X-Files Collector's Box Set - 12/8/15

It's not gonna have the first movie? That was fairly pivotal to the series.
slop101 is offline  
Old 10-08-15, 02:40 PM
  #60  
DVD Talk Godfather
 
DJariya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: La Palma, CA
Posts: 55,371
Re: X-Files Collector's Box Set - 12/8/15

Originally Posted by hdnmickey View Post
Do you men the one where the third comment notes all the missing extras per season?

Even if it listed every feature 100% matching the first DVD sets, I would still hold out until the sets hit stores. I've been burned far too often to trust these press releases when it comes to lists of extras.
Didn't notice that comment. He did say it's possible the press release is incomplete as you said.

But even if you looked at the box in stores, the back wouldn't list everything. So you would probably need to wait until a review of the set.
DJariya is online now  
Old 10-08-15, 03:10 PM
  #61  
DVD Talk Legend
 
hdnmickey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Cygnus
Posts: 12,524
Re: X-Files Collector's Box Set - 12/8/15

Originally Posted by DJariya View Post
But even if you looked at the box in stores, the back wouldn't list everything. So you would probably need to wait until a review of the set.
Which is exactly what I do when it comes to extras. And even many reviews never give a full comparison between old (DVD) and new (BD). But thankfully some do.
hdnmickey is offline  
Old 10-08-15, 03:23 PM
  #62  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 575
Re: X-Files Collector's Box Set - 12/8/15

Anyone else thinking the inside slip case shown is going to hold the seasons in 2 rows: 5 seasons on one side and 4 seasons on the other (with space for the mini-series)? Meaning the tops of the cases would face up with the long side of the box being the width of two blu-ray case fronts.
wahlers is offline  
Old 10-08-15, 03:40 PM
  #63  
Dan
DVD Talk Legend
 
Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: \_(ツ)_/
Posts: 19,976
Re: X-Files Collector's Box Set - 12/8/15

Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
It's not gonna have the first movie? That was fairly pivotal to the series.
Yeah, that's surprising.
Dan is offline  
Old 10-08-15, 04:17 PM
  #64  
DVD Talk Legend
 
hdnmickey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Cygnus
Posts: 12,524
Re: X-Files Collector's Box Set - 12/8/15

Originally Posted by wahlers View Post
Anyone else thinking the inside slip case shown is going to hold the seasons in 2 rows: 5 seasons on one side and 4 seasons on the other (with space for the mini-series)? Meaning the tops of the cases would face up with the long side of the box being the width of two blu-ray case fronts.
That would make sense, but it's not clear that is the configuration unless a picture comes out with the cases in the box.

I would like that a lot. Not a big fan of the swag that tends to come in these complete series boxes for other shows.
hdnmickey is offline  
Old 10-08-15, 04:28 PM
  #65  
DVD Talk Legend
 
bunkaroo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Chicago West Suburbs
Posts: 15,563
Re: X-Files Collector's Box Set - 12/8/15

Like the TNG Blu-ray's, this series is a steal on Blu-ray for the price they're asking for considering how much I spent on the DVD's. Easily a day one purchase.
bunkaroo is offline  
Old 10-08-15, 04:46 PM
  #66  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,482
Re: X-Files Collector's Box Set - 12/8/15

As usual nowadays, I'll not even consider purchasing until it's out in the wild and well-reviewed, with screenshots and BDInfo stats. Of course, I'm worried about modified color-timing and low-bitrate encodes. For only $150, I'm pretty sure we won't get a "top-notch" release quality-wise.
zyzzle is offline  
Old 10-08-15, 09:30 PM
  #67  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
dolphinboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: AZ
Posts: 8,034
Re: X-Files Collector's Box Set - 12/8/15

Wow, only $150 for 9 seasons? At $225, I was going to wait for Amazon to likely list it eventually, before release day, at $199 and I considered that to be a great deal. For $150, I am not taking any chances and just placed an order now.
dolphinboy is offline  
Old 10-08-15, 09:41 PM
  #68  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Shannon Nutt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 16,439
Re: X-Files Collector's Box Set - 12/8/15

$150? That's less than $17 a season - no shipping or sales tax from FoxConnect, either. Sold!

My only worry is that FoxConnect has a habit of not packing their stuff very well...I'm expecting some outer box damage, but it's worth it for the discount.
Shannon Nutt is offline  
Old 10-09-15, 01:21 AM
  #69  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Mike86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 18,248
Re: X-Files Collector's Box Set - 12/8/15

Decided to lock in my pre-order from Fox Connect in case that price doesn't stay the same. Good deal for the whole series if you ask me. I wish they had included the two films but oh well I'll just pick them up separately at some point.
Mike86 is online now  
Old 10-09-15, 07:31 AM
  #70  
DVD Talk Legend
 
stingermck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: NC
Posts: 15,174
Re: X-Files Collector's Box Set - 12/8/15

I was going to wait, but $150 is a no brainer. I already have the blu movie box set released years ago.
stingermck is offline  
Old 10-09-15, 09:32 AM
  #71  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Josh Z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Boston
Posts: 11,147
Re: X-Files Collector's Box Set - 12/8/15

Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
It's not gonna have the first movie? That was fairly pivotal to the series.
Both movies are already available on Blu-ray.
Josh Z is offline  
Old 10-09-15, 10:08 AM
  #72  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Josh-da-man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: The Bible Belt
Posts: 30,816
Re: X-Files Collector's Box Set - 12/8/15

I am be tempted to order it from Fox Connect, but I highly suspect that they'd would just drop it into a big padded envelope and it would arrive at my house with the shit beat out of it.
Josh-da-man is online now  
Old 10-09-15, 10:10 AM
  #73  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Josh-da-man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: The Bible Belt
Posts: 30,816
Re: X-Files Collector's Box Set - 12/8/15

Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post
Both movies are already available on Blu-ray.
It appears that Fight the Future (all versions including the double features with IWTB) are out of print. FtF is selling for $99 on Amazon right now.

Though I did see a copy of the double feature (single case) at Best Buy last week, so some might still be available in stores.
Josh-da-man is online now  
Old 10-09-15, 10:18 AM
  #74  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Why So Blu?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 30,177
Re: X-Files Collector's Box Set - 12/8/15

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man View Post
It appears that Fight the Future (all versions including the double features with IWTB) are out of print. FtF is selling for $99 on Amazon right now.

Though I did see a copy of the double feature (single case) at Best Buy last week, so some might still be available in stores.

There's this one:


http://www.amazon.com/X-Files-Fight-...ay+double+pack



It's out of stock but it wouldn't hurt to lock in the price assuming they restock it.
Why So Blu? is offline  
Old 10-09-15, 10:22 AM
  #75  
DVD Talk Hero
 
davidh777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Home of 2013 NFL champion Seahawks
Posts: 41,361
Re: X-Files Collector's Box Set - 12/8/15

Seems like a dumb time for Fox to take those out of circulation if that's what really happened.
davidh777 is online now  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.