Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Halloween: The Complete Collection is coming to blu-ray

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Halloween: The Complete Collection is coming to blu-ray

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-14, 11:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Halloween: The Complete Collection is coming to blu-ray

Originally Posted by rocket1312
Either way, now that they've made the coupons applicable towards sale items, there are deals to be had. I ended up spending close to $100 as a result of my initial $20 flyer, so good for TCM.
The code now works on sale items? Didn't see that posted before. Maybe there should be a thread where people post the best finds. 30% might make for some awesome deals if it stacks with other things they already have on sale, or less than Amazon and the like.
Old 09-24-14, 11:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does everyone else's disc 1 for Rob Zombie's Halloween say Region B on it? I immediately noticed it because of the large R18+ rating box. I tested the disc in my player and it plays normally so it appears they just pressed the wrong disc art onto it.
Old 09-24-14, 11:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 425 Likes on 306 Posts

I have watched some of the unboxing videos on youtube, I hope to buy the set sometime next month. Does anyone here know of a good website for bluray cases in different colors, I saw they have used eco cases.
Old 09-24-14, 11:47 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,641 Likes on 2,613 Posts

Originally Posted by Bluelitespecial
I have watched some of the unboxing videos on youtube, I hope to buy the set sometime next month. Does anyone here know of a good website for bluray cases in different colors, I saw they have used eco cases.
Ebay is your best bet. There are several good Blu Ray case retailers. The shipping turnaround time is good too.
Old 09-24-14, 12:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 553 Likes on 345 Posts

Some are reporting audio sync issues with Halloween 4. I haven't made it that far so I can't be certain.
Old 09-24-14, 12:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 186 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by starseed
Does everyone else's disc 1 for Rob Zombie's Halloween say Region B on it? I immediately noticed it because of the large R18+ rating box. I tested the disc in my player and it plays normally so it appears they just pressed the wrong disc art onto it.
Yeah, that's just a misprint.
Old 09-24-14, 12:18 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 71 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by stvn1974
Some are reporting audio sync issues with Halloween 4. I haven't made it that far so I can't be certain.
I mentioned it on the previous page. It's definitely an issue that should be fixed. I don't have the original blu release but I compared it to the old Anchor Bay tin version and it's way off.
Old 09-24-14, 12:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Neil M.
I mentioned it on the previous page. It's definitely an issue that should be fixed. I don't have the original blu release but I compared it to the old Anchor Bay tin version and it's way off.
It's amazing that issues like this get missed in reviews. Wasn't there a supposed "complete review" on Bu-Ray.com? Seems like it's hard to watch any of this disc without noticing the audio sync issue.
Old 09-24-14, 12:45 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,641 Likes on 2,613 Posts

I went through some of the extras on the Producer's Cut last night. While they are pretty informative, I would have liked some kind of featurette about the Producer's Cut specifically. Meaning about how the film was originally shot, edited and re-cut, how the bootleg came about and about how they got the materials needed to create the HD version of the Producer's Cut.

There was scene in the opening that was a flashback to Part 5 that was dropped from the theatrical cut. They used footage of Danielle Harris even though she wasn't in this movie. It provided a good segue to this film. The writer mentioned in the commentary that they wanted to bring her back and she was originally cast, but they ran into money issues for what they were going to pay her and she dropped out.
Old 09-24-14, 12:46 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I doubt anyone really did a "complete" review since most of the discs are identical. Unless I'm mistaken, I don't even think that site verified the mono track for the first film.
Old 09-24-14, 01:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

That's correct, since the boxset just re-used disks from previous releases nobody really did a complete review on each individual disk. The producer's cut of 6 was the only new transfer in this set.
Old 09-24-14, 01:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I doubt anyone really did a "complete" review since most of the discs are identical. Unless I'm mistaken, I don't even think that site verified the mono track for the first film.
But it is seems that the audio sync issue was not present on the disc previously distributed by the other company. Makes one wonder how that can happen, if true.
Old 09-24-14, 01:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by hdnmickey
But it is seems that the audio sync issue was not present on the disc previously distributed by the other company. Makes one wonder how that can happen, if true.
Apparently some people did discover the issue with the previous release, here's a post from 2013:

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.ph...9&postcount=69
Old 09-24-14, 01:39 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I just realized that H4 isn't actually the same disc. They dropped the H4/5 panel discussion from the previous release.
Old 09-24-14, 01:48 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Scream has been informed about the audio issue and they are going to mention it to Anchor Bay. It does sound like it was an issue with the previous release so my guess is that we're going to be stuck with it.
Old 09-24-14, 01:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by DaveyJoe
Apparently some people did discover the issue with the previous release, here's a post from 2013:

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.ph...9&postcount=69
Ok, Thanks. But I wonder how many people know that since I don't seem to be the only one unaware. Read a few reviews of the preiovus release at not one mentioned the issue.
Old 09-24-14, 02:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by hdnmickey
Ok, Thanks. But I wonder how many people know that since I don't seem to be the only one unaware. Read a few reviews of the preiovus release at not one mentioned the issue.
I don't know. I don't think a lot of people were buying solo releases of the lesser loved films such as Halloween 4 or 5. A lot of people are buying this set though which is why more folks are noticing it. It appears that to fix the audio issue the movie would have to be remastered, which I don't see happening.

I wonder if I would have even noticed the audio issue. I'm planning on marathoning the boxset at some point in October and by the time I get to the 2nd act of Halloween 4, I'm sure to be blasted on Jameson.
Old 09-24-14, 02:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just a heads up, double check your RZH1 case. I had two Disc 1s. No big deal for me though, I'll just replace it with the copy I bought years ago.
Old 09-24-14, 02:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Any word if Halloween 1 does have a true "mono" track on disc 1? As the original 35th anniversary blu had a downmix. Scream mentioned it but as most have pointed out, most didn't do full checks
Old 09-24-14, 02:26 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 923 Likes on 776 Posts

Originally Posted by Scotts35
Just a heads up, double check your RZH1 case. I had two Disc 1s. No big deal for me though, I'll just replace it with the copy I bought years ago.
i have 2 disc 1's too! fuck!!! who do i call?
Old 09-24-14, 02:31 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Scream has responded:

"We investigated the audio issue with Anchor Bay today. Every disc in the set went through a stringent quality control process. The slight audio off-sync during the isolated section of Halloween 4 has apparently been that way on prior releases. There will be no replacement program in place for this disc.

We apologize for the less-than-100%-perfect audio presentation of H4. Unfortunately, when dealing with films where the source materials are almost 30 years old it can sometimes be a challenge to bring a film up to the best of everyone’s satisfaction. We hope you understand that Anchor Bay and Scream Factory takes a lot of pride in what we do and don’t take these issues lightly. Thank you for your purchase and we hope you enjoy the otherwise amazing set."
Old 09-24-14, 02:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Scream Factory just can't help themselves from being a little snarky when they go on the defensive.
Old 09-24-14, 02:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 553 Likes on 345 Posts

Put Part 4 on my PS3 through HDMI to a cheap Sony receiver with no problem. I also didn't have a problem with my Twin Peaks set so that doesn't mean anything.
Old 09-24-14, 02:43 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

What they really meant to say was that they aren't going to spend the money they should have in the first place to fix an issue that they knew about.
Old 09-24-14, 02:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

What they really meant to say was that they aren't going to spend the money they should have in the first place to fix an issue that they knew about.
Yup. Makes me wonder just how many other issues will be found and get the same response. Ignore that our name is on it, because it's not really our fault.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.