Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Could Batman TAS Ever Be Released on Blu Ray?

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Could Batman TAS Ever Be Released on Blu Ray?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-13, 01:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 243 Likes on 178 Posts
Re: Could Batman TAS Ever Be Released on Blu Ray?

Why are you so angry dude?
Old 04-24-13, 01:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's his vicodin addiction.
Old 04-24-13, 02:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If the real problem isn't a tumor, he gets it wrong.
Old 04-24-13, 02:34 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by Maxflier
Why are you so angry dude?
Because I can't get a kids cartoon on Blu-ray. It's just not fair. It's going to sell hundreds of copies. Why can't Warner release it!!!!!!
Old 04-24-13, 03:20 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 71 Likes on 51 Posts

It would be foolish to think that Warner isn't at least thinking about releasing Batman TAS on blu-ray. They probably need to spend significant money to restore it, but this is probably the most popular Batman cartoon ever created. It might even take a syndication deal to justify the costs of restoring the series but I would never count it out. Chances might be low but I've seen weirder things released. Hell, Japan has Columbo on blu-ray.
Old 04-24-13, 03:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,156 Likes on 902 Posts

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
Because I can't get a kids cartoon on Blu-ray. It's just not fair. It's going to sell hundreds of copies. Why can't Warner release it!!!!!!
We all get it, you're not a fan and those of us who are fans are just childish. No one is really complaining it isn't out or isn't coming out. It's just an in demand show that believe it or not despite you apparently not caring does have a pretty big following. Some of us have it on a wish/want list no different than other titles that people ask about.
Old 04-24-13, 05:17 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike86
We all get it, you're not a fan and those of us who are fans are just childish. No one is really complaining it isn't out or isn't coming out. It's just an in demand show that believe it or not despite you apparently not caring does have a pretty big following. Some of us have it on a wish/want list no different than other titles that people ask about.
I see it being just as legitimate as anything else as well. We know some series may never be released yet it can still be on our wish list. Getting older shows on Blu-Ray in general can be troublesome unless they are huge. I would like to see Buffy, Lois And Clark as well, several other animated shows.
Old 04-24-13, 06:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Warner MOD is doing TV shows on Blu-ray?
Got that mixed up with MGM. Not that Warner probably won't jump in on the high priced BR MOD as well at some point.
Old 04-24-13, 09:18 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Mister Peepers
Got that mixed up with MGM. Not that Warner probably won't jump in on the high priced BR MOD as well at some point.
Warner is doing Blu-ray MOD. They released Deathtrap a few months ago. MGM is the one not doing it (unless thats changed).
Old 04-24-13, 09:22 PM
Suspended

It's an in-demand show? The Complete Series set is long OOP according to Amazon and eBay. If it was in-demand, Warner would likely still be producing it.
Old 04-24-13, 09:51 PM

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

It's an in-demand show? The Complete Series set is long OOP according to Amazon and eBay. If it was in-demand, Warner would likely still be producing it.
The complete series set was always limited. "Special Limited Edition! While They Last!" They still sell the individual sets. With your logic, no one cares about Seinfeld since the Complete Series is OOP.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Bat...uncement/10085

Last edited by Texan26; 04-24-13 at 10:04 PM.
Old 04-24-13, 10:11 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Texan26
The complete series set was always limited. "Special Limited Edition! While They Last!" They still sell the individual sets. With your logic, no one cares about Seinfeld since the Complete Series is OOP.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Bat...uncement/10085
Hasn't stopped studios before from re-releasing "Limited" sets. It's exactly why I refuse to buy anything new from Shout! Factory. Love all those hype for a kids cartoon. Some of you guys are really invested

Seinfeld is Sony. Good luck with that.
Old 04-24-13, 10:24 PM

Love all those hype for a kids cartoon. Some of you guys are really invested .
It beats watching Twilight movies.
Old 04-24-13, 10:55 PM
Suspended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They make bootlegs of this and people buy it. It's a wanted set for a long time and the real ones sold out pretty fast.
Old 04-24-13, 11:00 PM
Suspended

It beats watching Twilight movies.
Except those are on Blu-ray, unlike this kids cartoon.
Old 04-24-13, 11:25 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Are animated productions less legitimate in some manner? Or does it just depend what it is? I tend to hold animation just as high as anything when done well. Some of those eighties animated shows do not hold up so well.
Old 04-25-13, 12:03 AM

Love all those hype for a kids cartoon. Some of you guys are really invested

It's funny how you keep putting down people for investing in a"kids cartoon." How many times did you post in the X-men animated cartoon DVD thread? (http://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/54...oming-dvd.html)

That show did air on Fox kids, right?
Old 04-25-13, 01:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,156 Likes on 902 Posts

I really have to question, why did you even come into this thread? You clearly don't like the series and think that it's just a "kids show" and that your opinion is all high and mighty over everyone else who happens to like this series. All you're accomplishing is thread crapping and putting down people who happen to be fans. Seriously man get a life.
Old 04-25-13, 08:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,410 Likes on 1,033 Posts

Originally Posted by Neil M.
It would be foolish to think that Warner isn't at least thinking about releasing Batman TAS on blu-ray. They probably need to spend significant money to restore it, but this is probably the most popular Batman cartoon ever created. It might even take a syndication deal to justify the costs of restoring the series but I would never count it out. Chances might be low but I've seen weirder things released. Hell, Japan has Columbo on blu-ray.
This needs to be reposted because it's the only comment in here that makes a modicum of sense.
Old 04-25-13, 09:28 AM
Suspended

It's funny how you keep putting down people for investing in a"kids cartoon." How many times did you post in the X-men animated cartoon DVD thread? (http://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/54...oming-dvd.html)

That show did air on Fox kids, right?
Yes, I watched the show as a kid (Saturday mornings). I'm not stupid enough to think it's going to come out on Blu-ray like some of you guys are with Batman - which in no way was or is as popular as the X-Men Cartoon

I posted several times because I got the sets early as a reviewer and was helping over fellow DVDTalkers with questions. I'm such an ass.
Old 04-25-13, 09:32 AM
Suspended

I really have to question, why did you even come into this thread? You clearly don't like the series and think that it's just a "kids show" and that your opinion is all high and mighty over everyone else who happens to like this series. All you're accomplishing is thread crapping and putting down people who happen to be fans. Seriously man get a life.
See post #3:
Considering catalog TV on Blu-ray is pretty rare...this doesn't have much of a chance.
It's called answering a question. Why try and get someones hopes up that it might come out? Sure, don't buy the DVD sets and wait for the Blu-ray that will never come out. That'll help make Warner's decision easier.

Sadly, many members here can't handle being told the truth and want to believe a 20 year old kids cartoon actually has a shot at coming out on Blu-ray and are so upset with that fact they need to take it out on someone. It's OK, I don't blame them. They are probably not rushing out and buying those two Justice League BD sets to show their support to Warner so they can continue to cry and pray this will get released. Warner is probably reading this thread and kicking themselves they can't sell a dozen copies.
Old 04-25-13, 09:44 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Yes, I watched the show as a kid (Saturday mornings). I'm not stupid enough to think it's going to come out on Blu-ray like some of you guys are with Batman - which in no way was or is as popular as the X-Men Cartoon
I'd guess Batman was more popular.
Old 04-25-13, 09:48 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

X-Men was big as well, even the far far newer Avater The Last Airbender does not have a blu-ray release. Korra is getting one, even a couple years can make a difference with blu. I am still waiting on a handful of animated films to be released on blu. Some thought Star Trek The Next Generation was not going to happen and it likely only did because it is Trek and fans will spend the money.

Why does calling it a twenty year old kids cartoon sound like an insult? Maybe it is just the way I view good animation.
Old 04-25-13, 09:51 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by fumanstan
I'd guess Batman was more popular.
How so?

Let's play a game.

Pretend Warner announces S1 of Batman TAS. "OMG"!!!!" is screamed by several here.

First weeks pricing is $29.99. How many copies do you think it will sell? 100? 1000? 10,000?

How many stores will stock? Remember - shelf space is an extreme premium nowadays. Best Buy, the #1 Blu-ray retailer, has reduced shelf space. So we have Target, Wal-Mart, etc.

How much do you think it costs for Warner to 'clean-up' Season 1? How much to produce the Discs? Ship them? Will it turn a profit?

This is a day and age where Warner is now tossing 3 Blu-rays of modest to big movies into a Blu-ray case and selling them for $10-$15. Ok, go. Movies like As Good as it Gets and Philadelphia are sold off to studios known to produce Movie Soundtracks and sell them for $30 limited to 3,000 copies. I'm really interested to see how many copies some of you think a Season 1 set of Batman TAS will sell.
Old 04-25-13, 09:53 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Xiroteus
X-Men was big as well, even the far far newer Avater The Last Airbender does not have a blu-ray release. Korra is getting one, even a couple years can make a difference with blu. I am still waiting on a handful of animated films to be released on blu. Some thought Star Trek The Next Generation was not going to happen and it likely only did because it is Trek and fans will spend the money.
Newer shows are likely Blu-ray-ready. 1080[ (or i), Widescreen etc. They are far more likely of getting a Blu-ray release - at least as a trial First Season or maybe a best of.

Why does calling it a twenty year old kids cartoon sound like an insult? Maybe it is just the way I view good animation.
Compared to the animated of the 80's....yeah, for sure.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.