Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

List of all US Blu-ray Digibooks

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

List of all US Blu-ray Digibooks

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-13, 02:42 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Re: List of all US Blu-ray Digibooks

Originally Posted by Mr. Cinema
FMJ and Empire of the Sun are both $17.99 at Familyvideo.com. That's the lowest I've seen. They sometimes have free shipping codes.

I could see Best Buy having a $9.99 sale on some of the lower priced WB digibooks closer to Christmas.
Empire of the Sun was $13.99 on Amazon last week.
Old 08-09-13, 07:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 603 Likes on 435 Posts

Originally Posted by joltman
Am I the only one who thinks digibooks are pointless if they just have an already available book? I got the Walmart exclusive Hobbit just because it was a digibook, only to find out the book was just some kid's book about Hobbits that you could buy separately. The same with those Disney ones that just come with a golden book. I would expect a digibook to have exclusive production content, not some random tie-in.
Exactly why I don't buy those digis.
Old 12-21-13, 12:19 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 680 Likes on 456 Posts

Best Buy has a sale (ends today?) on a bunch of these. $10 each for Deliverance, Unforgiven, Full Metal Jacket, Malcolm X, A Clockwork Orange, Batman, Papillion, and maybe others.
Old 12-21-13, 05:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 50 Likes on 34 Posts

I was into collecting these but then when I saw E.T. and Jaws at Costco for $10, after paying $25 when they came out, it kinda made me think what's the point. If they're not going to limit production enough to not see them drop to bargain bin levels, I may as well treat them as such. Besides, they're aren't that many getting released anymore (Warner was releasing quite a few catalog digis, but they seem to have lost interest in catalogs altogether, like the other major studios).
Old 01-22-15, 03:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was wondering if anybody has ever found where to get the Hellraiser digibooks at? I've seen pictures of them online, those are the only things I need to complete my Hellraiser collection.
Old 01-22-15, 10:59 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 71 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by DaddyD2015
I was wondering if anybody has ever found where to get the Hellraiser digibooks at? I've seen pictures of them online, those are the only things I need to complete my Hellraiser collection.
Most of them are out of print. I believe they were released in Austria. Amazon.de has Hellraiser 5 still but the rest you'll probably have to get off of ebay. They call them mediabooks, not digibooks.
Old 04-23-15, 07:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

This is pretty cool

http://www.amazon.com/Blomkamp3-Limi...=ATVPDKIKX0DER
Old 04-23-15, 11:23 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by mattysemo247
That is pretty cool.

BTW - what the hell happened to the DigiBook? Seems to have gone the way of the Dodo with rare exceptions.
Old 04-23-15, 11:33 AM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts

Physical media goes bye bye, so do these. I'll pass on Chappie, that was a one time viewing for me.
Old 04-23-15, 01:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 812 Likes on 686 Posts

Originally Posted by BuckNaked2k
That is pretty cool.

BTW - what the hell happened to the DigiBook? Seems to have gone the way of the Dodo with rare exceptions.
Sales gimmicks that stop eliciting additional sales get quickly dropped. They always had a tough time at retail since DigiBooks didn't really fit the standard retail Blu-ray space holders. As a bonus, they would then get damaged and hurt their own desirability. Warner loved them because the marketing department liked they didn't have to spend a dime authoring a new BD for pre-existing discs.